Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9141718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate Stay Night Fanfic: Endless Dream (Rewrite)

I happen to be an expert on this topic Pata Hikari's Avatar
    No. It can not.

Being centered is important.
    Fate/Stay Night: Life is an Endless Dream Chapter 12: Settling into place
    Tsukihime: Role Revert Part 10: Were you here the whole time?
    Fate + Tsuki: Slayer/Savior Part 1: Forge/Assassin
    Pata Hikari's Tsukihime Short stories: Lastest story: A Midnight Dreary

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    It doesn't show up on the mobile skin. I think someone told Kiiam how to fix it.

Right now it's white on a white background.

Uhhh are you talking about my fic or did you post in the wrong thread.

No, I was talking about Rin's stats that have been posted. In the mobile skin it appears as white on white background so I couldn't read it.
    Kiiam had a similar problem on the last chapter of his fic.
    Go to font color and tag your story content with "automatic" and then it should - theoretically - work for reading it on either the VBulletin Default theme or the BL Default Black Beast of Chaos theme. At least that's what a mod said.

Huh what do you know.

OK, that problem is fixed now.

“She can not be blamed for events beyond her control.” The man who had taken her in said.

“How can you say that? It was her responsibility!” The one leading this inquisition said.

“Well I believe I helped contribute to the start of it, and she is my student. So I shall take the responsibility in her stead.” The man said, “Well, what penalty shall this illustrious court inflict upon me?”

Silence.

“I thought so.”

The morning sun woke Sakura up. “What... what was that?”

These dreams she had been having, they seemed to focus on two people. One was her sister, and the other a blurry, indistinct figure. What connection did they have?

Life is an Endless Dream

By Pata Hikari

Chapter 10: An Innocent Blizzard

Illya was not particularly happy.

Things were here that should not. That eighth Servant, and that strange Shadow that felt so familiar. What was going on?

She pondered these things as she walked through the streets of Fuyuki. Were these strange events important? The eighth Servant was an irritating unknown element, but she doubted whoever or whatever he was, that Berserker couldn’t handle him if he got in her way. The trouble, in her eyes, was that Shadow. It wasn’t something a Servant could harm, that much she could intuit. Well, whatever it was, it seemed focused on Rin, so she decided to put off killing the Tohsaka Master for now, best to let her stay as a target until she could figure out more.

Illya stopped walking, she realizes she was in front of a large building. It took her a moment to remember her lessons about Japan she had gotten in preparation for the Holy Grail War. It was a school. This was where young people learned what society needed of them. There were many teenagers walking inside the building this time of day, she guessed their daily education must be starting soon.

If her intelligence reports were right, this was Homurahara, which meant...

Her gaze flitted around, seeing if the one she expected to be here was. “Ah!” Her eyes lit up as she saw him.

That boy she wanted to kill more than any other.

~--------------------~

“Onii-chan!” A pleasant and innocent voice rang in the air.

Sakura and Shirou had been walking to school when Shirou heard that call. “Hmm?” He looked around, and noticed the source. “Ah, you’re...”

Illya stopped a short distance in front of them, the pale and slight girl giving him a wide smile. “Good morning, Onii-chan.” She curtsied.

“Uh, Senpai, who is this?” Sakura said.

Illya ignored Sakura, keeping her gaze focused on Shirou. “How are you?”

“I’m fine... uh... Illyasviel.” Shirou said, and Illya’s smile became larger.

“Oh you remembered my name Onii-chan!” Illya said, “Still, those close to me call me Illya.”

“Right... Illya?” Shirou said.

Illya nodded, “Yup! So, Onii-chan, I’m guessing this is where you go to school?”

“That’s right,” Shirou said, “Oh, Sakura, this is... well...” He frowned, before he leaned closer and whispered to her, “This is Berserker’s Master.”

“What?” Sakura’s attention turned fully to the girl. This girl was an enemy Master? “Um, Illya-san-”

“Illyasviel,” Illya said in response.

“Um, Illyasviel-san, what brings you here?” Sakura said.

Illya scowled, “I just wanted to talk to Onii-chan.”

“Well, I’m here Illya,” Shirou said.

Illya shook her head, “Not with her around. I want to speak to you alone.”

“Well,” Shirou said, “I’m afraid I have to go to school right now.”

“Well then, Onii-chan, how about after school?” Illya suggested, her voice hopeful.

“Sure, I’ll meet with you then,” Shirou said.

“Promise?”

“It’s a promise.” Shirou said, “Well, we should get going now Sakura.” Sakura had Archery club, and Shirou had promised Issei he’d look into some things. He walked past Illya and past the school gates. Sakura began to follow him.

“Wait.” Illya said to Sakura as she walked by her.

“What is it, Illyasviel-san?” Sakura glanced back at Illya, and froze. On Illya’s face was an incredibly cold expression. Completely different than the cheerful face she had shown Shirou.

“I don’t know what you’re planning, Makiri,” Illya’s words seemed to freeze the air, “But stay away from Onii-chan,” Her expression became vile, “He’s mine.”

Sakura could almost feel Illya’s words. They pierced into her like daggers. Illya’s glare rooted her into place. “What...?” She couldn’t find words to reply, what could she say? Then, they came to her.

She wasn’t alone. She had Caster and Rider supporting her, and Shirou had accepted her. Even after learning some of the lies she had told him, he had kept on being her friend.

“I should say the same to you, Illyasviel-san.” Sakura said, her own expression becoming cold to match Illya’s.

“What?!”

“What claim do you have on Senpai?” Sakura said, “You think you can just waltz in and say things like that?”

“You... you wretched puppet of Zouken!” Illya growled, “What right do you have to say such things!?”

“The right as one who has earned Senpai’s friendship.” Sakura growled back, “And the right of one who’s going to watch over him. I won’t stop him from meeting you today, Illyasviel-san, since he promised. But I suggest you keep your distance from him from now on. Good day.” She turned on her heel, marching away without another word.

“Rider,” She whispered as soon as she was out of Illya’s sight. “When Senpai goes to see her, watch over him to make sure she doesn’t do anything.”

“And if she does?” Rider whispered in spirit form.

“Hmm...” Sakura thought for a brief moment. “Don’t hurt her. Senpai won’t like that, just make sure she knows that I won’t allow something like that.”

“So I should inform her you sent me?”

Sakura smiled. It was not a pleasant smile. “Yes.”

~--------------------~

Zouken wondered if these visits Caster gave to him would ever become routine.

Repeat enough, and even incredibly powerful spirits of the greatest magi ever to live becomes something dull.

Of course, the constant tension of Caster barely suppressing her desire to murder him kept things a little lively.

“So what brings you here this time?” Zouken asked, “Perhaps you’ve decided that Sakura needs a kimono for the New Years Festival and have decided to use my flesh?”

Caster ignored his quip and got straight to her grievance with him. “Why, exactly, are you continually draining Sakura’s magical energy?

“Hmm? I did it once, merely to make a point to you.” Zouken said.

“OK fine. You made your point, so why make it again!?”

“What?” Zouken said, “Caster, I have done no such thing.”

“Oh please.” Caster raised her hand, clearly imagining some ruinous spell to cast upon him. “You’re really trying to hide it?”

“Why would I?” Zouken countered her assertion. “I have no reason to hide anything I’m doing from you. We are, ultimately, working together, no? If I obtain the Holy Grail, I will have no need of Sakura. So, in other words, if you so deeply desire her to be freed from my grasp, win this conflict, Caster.”

Caster’s expression was unpleasant, he wondered if she was considering not giving him the Grail.

“I suspect in Sakura were to come down with a cold you’d imagine it was some plot of mine.” Zouken’s slimy laugh permeated throughout the filthy room.

“Very well then Zouken.” Caster said, “If you say so, then I shall investigate the cause.”

“Perhaps it is simply the strain of maintaining a Servant?” He would not let her know he knew about Rider. While he was sure Caster suspected he knew, it was more amusing to let this little game he was playing with her continue on.

Playing such games with Heroic Spirits was deadly, but Zouken had been using Heroes as pawns for two hundred years, he was confident he could come out on top.

~--------------------~

The school day passed uneventfully for Shirou. He fixed some chairs, chatted with Issei over some inconsequential things, and dodged Ayako for the millionth time about rejoining the Archery Club.

Now there was that meeting with Illya to consider. He wondered what the young girl wanted, whatever it was it must be important if she wanted to see him alone.

To his surprise, it wasn’t Illya waiting at the gates, but Rin. “Tohsaka?”

“Hey Emiya-kun.” Rin was leaning against the wall, “Do you mind if we talk for a minute?”

Shirou looked around, no sight of Illya. “Sure, I can spare a few minutes.”

“Right.” Rin said, “So... what did you do with Lancer last night?”

“You saw that?” Shirou said.

“Well, Archer did.” Rin admitted.

Shirou shrugged, “Well, it doesn’t matter much. We, well, we had dinner.”

“What!?” Rin lost her casual composure. “Why... why did you do that!?”

“It was Caster’s idea!” Shirou said before Rin could get mad. Judging by the scowl that appeared, it didn’t work.

“So she comes out, invites an enemy to dinner and it all ends up fine?!” Rin said, she slapped her forehead, “She... she had to have some weakness of Lancer.” Rin began pacing in a circle. “That... what is she doing?” Her expression twisted and shifted through several different phases.

“Well, she’s working with me and Saber,” Shirou said, “Caster’s’ Master and I have agreed to work together until the other Servants are defeated. Then she and Saber will do things without getting us Masters involved.” Shirou folded his arms and taught for a second, “What about you Tohsaka? You’re not a bad person, I wouldn’t mind teaming up with you.”

Rin was silent. She stopped pacing around Shirou, and pushed up right against him. Her eyes flitted up and down, before stepping back and letting out a long sigh. “Sorry, no Emiya-kun. I’m not going to be blindly trusting like you. You’re just going to end up stabbed in the back.”

“Wait a minute, Tohsaka, there’s no-”

“Wow, Onii-chan. First the Makri now the Tohsakas? You’re popular with all the girls, aren’t you?”

Rin immediately jumped away from Shirou, “Illyasviel!?”

Illya had walked through the gate, her hands in her pockets and her expression neutral. “So are you working with Rin, Onii-chan?”

“Working with?” Shirou said, “Well, I wouldn’t go that far. It’s more like a truce.”

“What are you doing here?” Rin said.

Illya rolled her eyes, “I’m here to talk to Onii-chan. I’ll deal with you later Rin. There are more important things to do.”

“Right, Illya. Where do you want to go?” Shirou said.

“Oh! I saw this park! Let’s go there!” Illya grabbed Shirou by the arm.

“Wait. Emiya-kun, what are you doing!?” Rin said.

“Oh, I promised her I’d spend some time with her.” Shirou answered.

“Alone!?”

“Yeah.” Shirou said, “What? Tohsaka, you’re giving me a funny look.”

“I... I...” Rin almost found herself at loss for words. “Emiya-kun. She tried to kill you. She almost succeeded too! It is only luck that you still have your organs!”

“Oh come on. Tohsaka, she isn’t going to try anything now. She just wants to talk.” Shirou said quickly as Illya dragged him away from her.

“Emiya-kun... you.... you...” Rin clenched her fists, her frustration mounting to levels previously unseen, “You’re the biggest idiot ever to live!”

~--------------------~

It was a simple park near the shopping district. A bench, a swing set, slide, and sandbox. It was all very nice and exactly the sort of place Shirou would expect a child to enjoy.

“Did you want to play?” Shirou asked.

Illya shook her head, “I just thought this would be a nice place to talk.”

“That’s fine.” Shirou sat down on the bench, Illya examined him with innocent eyes. It was hard to believe this girl was the Master of such a terrifying monster like Berserker. “What do you want to talk about?”

“Well...” Illya said, leaning forward, her hands behind her back, “You, mostly, Onii-chan.”

Shirou felt a small blush form, “Really? Why are you interested in me?”

Illya frowned, “Do I need a reason?”

“Well, no.” Shirou said, “So, you want to know about me?”

“Yup!” Illya said with a sunny smile. “How about that school? What do you learn there?”

“School?” Shirou said, closing his eyes in thought, “Well, I learn math, English, literature, and history there.” He opened his eyes again, “We also do some physical stuff, like sports.”

“Wow, that’s a lot of stuff to learn.” Illya said, “And you do that all six days a week?”

“Yup.” Shirou said, “Though, I thought it was pretty common in a lot of the world.”

“Hmmm... is it?” Illya stepped away from Shirou, her expression shifting.

“Pretty sure. What about you?” Shirou said, “You must have gotten some schooling. You look pretty rich... maybe a tutor?”

“Not really, no,” Illya said, “The only thing I’ve ever been taught was how to be a Master.”

“Wait,” Shirou nearly stood up, “You’re just... all your parents did was force this on you!?”

At the mention of “parents” Illya’s face became bitter. “My parents didn’t teach me anything.”

“Oh, I see.” Shirou settled back into his seat. It was clear that the topic of her parents was taboo to Illya.

“Still, you’re right. I was to be the Einzbern Master since birth.” Illya said, “All I learned was how to summon a Servant, and information on various mythologies in order to better deduce other Servant identities.”

“That’s ridiculous!” Shirou said, “Are you saying you didn’t do anything normal? You’re just a little girl! What about your friends? Family?”

“Friends?” Illya said, “Hmph, I have Berserker. He’ll never betray me and will always watch over me. That’s the only friend I need.” Her smile returned, though it was tinged with that same bitterness. “What about you, Onii-chan? What did your father teach you?”

“Ah...” Shirou said, “Well, my birth parents died when I was young.” Yet he was smiling as he spoke, “But I was saved, a man named Emiya Kiritsugu rescued me from a horrible fire and became by adoptive father.”

“Why?” Illya asked.

“Hmm?”

“Why did he adopt you?” Illya asked.

Shirou thought about it for a moment, “I don’t know. Maybe he was just taking responsibility towards me, since he saved my life. Maybe he just thought it would be a good idea? I can’t say.” He chuckled nostalgically, “As to what Kiritsugu taught me? Honestly, not much. He taught me what little magic I can use, and he taught me what I wanted to be when I grow up.”

“I see.” Illya sat down next to him. “So, Onii-chan, why are you involved with this? It sounds like you didn’t learn anything about the Holy Grail War.”

“Nope.” Shirou said, “I hadn’t even heard of this conflict until the day I accidentally summoned Saber. Heck, I didn’t even know Tohsaka was a Magus.”

“What about the other girl?” Illya said.

“Sakura? Her neither.” Shirou said, “I guess I’m bad at picking it up.” He shrugged, “All it means is that I need more training. As for what I want...? I guess it’s mostly as little people hurt as possible.”

Illya seemed confused, “What do you mean?”

“Well, basically. If I can get through this without hurting anybody, then I’ll be glad.” Shirou sighed, “Of course, the Servants have to fight, I can’t help that, I can try and avoid any Masters getting hurt if possible.”

Illya frowned, “That’s incredibly naive, Onii-chan.”

“Hmm?”

“The only way to win the Holy Grail War is to kill all the Masters.” Illya said, and suddenly the air seemed to chill.

“Wait... Illya, that isn’t needed, the Servants just have-”

“No. My Grandfather told me. The only way to be sure of victory is to get rid of every Master.” Illya smiled, the smile was just as innocent as the rest. “I guess we can’t get along then, Onii-chan?”

“I-Illya...”

“Still,” Illya said, “You’re different than the others. You’re not like I thought.” Her expression hadn’t changed, but something about it disturbed Shirou. “I like you, Onii-chan. So I’ll make a special exception for you.” Her eyes were locked with his.

“Wait a minute, you can’t-” Shirou began to feel strangely heavy. He tried to move, but he couldn’t shift his gaze from Illya’s eyes. “Il...lya...”

“That’s enough.” A cool voice cut through Shirou’s daze.

“What!?” Illya turned away from Shirou, and he found himself able to move again.

Standing at the edge of the park, was Rider.

“Wait, what are you-” Shirou began.

“Sakura guessed she might try a trick like this.” Rider said, “So she sent me here to watch you.” She turned her gaze to Illya, “Well? I won’t allow you to perform whatever charm you were attempting on him.”

“That... that... that puppet...” Illya’s expression shifted to one of rage. “Who does she think she is! Interfering with me!?” She practically jumped out of her seat, “Rider, you do realize Berserker is here with me now?”

“I do. I can feel his presence.” Rider said.

“And yet you stand in front of me.” Illya growled, “I guess Makiri got the worst luck with Servants.” She marched in front of Rider, glaring into where Rider’s eyes would be if they weren’t covered, “Give me one reason I should not call him out to crush him now.”

In response, Rider pointed up.

“What...?” Illya looked up, “I don’t see anything there!”

“The sun is out.” Rider answered calmly, “No hostilities during the day, remember?”

“Now wait, Illya, it’s fine. Rider and Sakura were just a little worried about me.” He put a hand on her shoulder, “Maybe whatever prank you-”

Illya pulled away from him violently. “Why are you standing up for her? She interrupted our discussion!”

“Because she didn’t mean any harm...” Shirou looked to Rider for support.

“I was indeed told not to harm you.” Rider answered, “However, know that he’s not your plaything.”

“You... Makiri....” Illya’s fists were clenched, “I see. So Onii-chan is under your protection, is that it?” She laughed, “Well then. Tonight, you’ll see just how useless your protection is.” She curtsied towards Shirou, “Thank you for keeping your promise, Onii-chan.” With confident steps, she left the park.

“...Rider?”

“Yes, Shirou?”

“I understand you were concerned, but I think you might have gone a little far.” Shirou said.

~--------------------~

With a quiet thud, Rin collapsed on her bed. “Don’t feel like going out tonight?” Archer said.

“Shut up.” Rin growled.

“That’s not an answer my Master.”

“OK fine, yes.” Rin groaned, “Emiya-kun put me in a bad mood.”

Archer shrugged, “That kid is annoying, isn’t he?”

“Don’t remind me. He’s going to get himself killed!”

Archer thought about suggesting that would be a good thing, but decided Rin wasn’t in the mood for his pragmatic advice right now.

~--------------------~

After dinner, and Taiga leaving, it was Rider who made the announcement.

“I believe Berserker’s Master is going to attack soon.”

“What!?” Saber and Caster shouted simultaneously.

“Well...” Shirou scratched the back of his head, “You see, I met up with Illya today, and then Rider stopped her from some prank.”

“She was charming Shirou, I interfered to prevent any harm from coming to him as you asked, Sakura.”

“You... you went off with an enemy Master, alone?!” Saber was in Shirou’s face in an instant, “How could you possible be so foolish!?”

“That’s just how Senpai is.” Sakura said with a sigh.

“I... I didn’t think it would end up badly. She said she just wanted to talk.” Shirou muttered.

“Well, we’d have to deal with Illyasviel sooner or later.” Caster said, “We’re just lucky we have advance warning. This means we can fight on our terms, rather than hers.”

“Should we prepare for a siege then?” Saber suggested.

“I don’t believe that would be wise.” Rider said, “This house has no defenses, only an alarm.”

Sakura was surprised when she spoke up, “Then... maybe we should attack before her? Hit her base before she can hit this one?”

Saber shook her head, “The Einzbern territory is formidable.”

“Right. It’s a castle in the middle of a forest outside of town. Illyasviel’s at her strongest there.” Caster said.

Shirou frowned. He felt bad about all this, Illya had just wanted to talk, but because of him he had ended up provoking a fight. “Well.... maybe a neutral ground? A place where none of us have any particular advantage and disadvantage?”

Caster’s eyes lit up, “Or... at least the appearance of one.”

“Wait... appearance?” Sakura said.

Caster grinned, “I have a plan.”

I'm really not sure about Sakura's reaction to Ilya. The rest was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Pata Hikari View Post
    Caster grinned, “I have a plan.”
    The four words you never want to hear from any incarnation of Rin Tohsaka. And already Shirou's happy HF relationship with Illya has been screwed up drastically (gotta watch those social skills, Medusa!).

Also:

“Perhaps you’ve decided that Sakura needs a kimono for the New Years Festival and have decided to use my flesh?”
    Your Zouken keeps coming up with the best lines.
    Quotes & Stuff...No, no stuff, just quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Oh, man, you ruined it, I was typing up a big thing about how "three reams" equals 3000 sheets of paper, and that it connects back to the ancient Japanese legend about how folding a thousand paper cranes will grant you a single wish. It was going to be wonderful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Not really, more like he knows that realistically he can't save everyone but he's going to strive to do so no matter what regardless, because Fuck The Ideal Police.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's not procrastination, it's pressure-assisted output management.
    I'm a neckbeard, son. If I ever multiply it'd be through cell division.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    The four words you never want to hear from any incarnation of Rin Tohsaka.
    Your Zouken keeps coming up with the best lines.
    Both of these things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowStorm666 View Post
    I'm really not sure about Sakura's reaction to Ilya. The rest was excellent.
    Well, Sakura and Illya never got along in HF, either. Apparently the cupboard is only big enough for one magic goblet or something. The difference here is, since Sakura isn't hiding being a Master from Shirou, and since we're much earlier in the Grail War so that she hasn't yet started degenerating mentally, she can be out in the open about her feelings and a lot more stop-sniffing-at-my-sempai-you-killer-homunculus-you about it.
    Quotes & Stuff...No, no stuff, just quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Oh, man, you ruined it, I was typing up a big thing about how "three reams" equals 3000 sheets of paper, and that it connects back to the ancient Japanese legend about how folding a thousand paper cranes will grant you a single wish. It was going to be wonderful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Not really, more like he knows that realistically he can't save everyone but he's going to strive to do so no matter what regardless, because Fuck The Ideal Police.
    It's not procrastination, it's pressure-assisted output management.
    I'm a neckbeard, son. If I ever multiply it'd be through cell division.

Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Well, Sakura and Illya never got along in HF, either. Apparently the cupboard is only big enough for one magic goblet or something. The difference here is, since Sakura isn't hiding being a Master from Shirou, and since we're much earlier in the Grail War so that she hasn't yet started degenerating mentally, she can be out in the open about her feelings and a lot more stop-sniffing-at-my-sempai-you-killer-homunculus-you about it.
    I was talking more in terms of asking Rider to deliver a subtle threat. Well it does make sense since there are more people working on boosting Sakura's confidence in the fic.

Blog Entries
    Heh.

From what I recall, the only plan Rin had that ever succeeded was her getting nailed.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors BlackField's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlology View Post
    Heh.

From what I recall, the only plan Rin had that ever succeeded was her getting nailed.
    I'm not sure if that succeeded, she ended up crying and saying she never wanted to have sex with Shirou again.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Doesn't matter, had sex.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackField View Post
    I'm not sure if that succeeded, she ended up crying and saying she never wanted to have sex with Shirou again.
    But Tsundere

Dezo already said everything. The only chance for team Shirou is both Rins screwing up at the same time and canceling out.

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Have I said before that I'm loving the character interaction in this story? Cause I'm loving the character interaction. I really am.

I like Shirou and Illya moments, and this version of their talk in the park was pretty enjoyable to follow. Until Rider done goofed it.
    And yes, Zouken has the best lines.

I feel like Caster having a plan is just tempting Murphy to stop by with tea and biscuits. And by tea and biscuits, I mean a snack of concentrated "Everything is going wrong now oh god shitshitshit".

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

I'm glad everybody is taking Caster's E Rank Luck to heart.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowStorm666 View Post
    I was talking more in terms of asking Rider to deliver a subtle threat. Well it does make sense since there are more people working on boosting Sakura's confidence in the fic.
    Its odd but not unheard of, she casually bit back Ilya's quip about treating her like a human even if she was Makiri's daughter with a "Then I'll act just as you do." So this wouldn't really be a threat so much as a "I'm watching you", which she is capable of. And its strange for people to say Rider goofed the conversation when Ilya was about to carry him off to her castle if Rider wasn't there. The cat got caught with the canary in its mouth.

"Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."

12:00 AM.

Saber was beginning to wonder if this plan of Caster’s would work.

She, Rider, Sakura, and Shirou had taken position on the bridge that spanned the river dividing the two halves of Fuyuki. She had Rider had dropped any attempt at hiding their presence, and waited.

Finally, the sound of quiet footsteps broke through the night. Ilyasviel approached.

“I see you decided to come out on your own.” She said, her expression a cruel smile.

Life is an Endless Dream

By Pata Hikari

Chapter 11: Fulfilled Purpose

Kotomine looked up from his paperwork in surprise.

Gilgamesh had suddenly sat up from his lounging upon the couch.

“Is something happening?” Kotomine asked.

“Oh yes,” Gilgamesh said, “I can feel it.
    She is about to fight.” With a snap of his fingers his armor appeared. “Ten long years I’ve been waiting. I need to see it tonight.”

“So are you planning to reveal yourself to her tonight?” Kotomine knew well the deep obsession Gilgamesh had with Saber, sometimes he thought it was the only thing that kept the King of Heroes sane in this era he mostly despised.

“Not yet, no. But tonight she will show me it.” Gilgamesh said, laughing wildly as he left the room.

“...it?” Kotomine said, as he wondered what it was he expected from Saber. “Ah well.” In the end, it did not concern him. He and Gilgamesh allowed each other to do what pleased them, and in exchange assisted the other. It was a strong relationship built off ten years of trust and mutual benefits.

Besides, Kotomine knew that whatever designs Gilgamesh had for the King of Knights would prove quite amusing to himself.

~--------------------~

Ilya stopped several feet in front of the two Servants, glancing back and forth between them. “I see you came prepared.”

“Ilya,” Shirou said, “This is-”

“It’s what, Onii-chan?” Ilya said, “If you’re going to say pointless, that’s wrong.” At that instant, her monster appeared behind her. “This is my
    purpose. It is all of ours. We are called as Masters for this.” Berserker tensed, it was clear Ilya’s will was the only thing keeping him from charging and destroying all before him. “Plus, it’s personal.” Her gaze shifted to lock eyes with Sakura.

“Yes, Ilyasviel-san?” Sakura said, doing her best to keep the fear inspired by Berserker that welled inside her contained.

“You have taken what’s mine.” Her smile became somehow more bloodthirsty, “I do not like that.”

Sakura tensed up, yet she could not show fear. She could not back down from this girl. Her expression became cool, “I see.”

“I’m glad you under-”

“You’re a spoiled child, throwing a tantrum when her favorite toy is taken away.”

“...you.....you....” All pretences of calm vanished from Ilya’s face, “I see. I’m going to enjoy crushing you.” She thrust her arm out in command, “Go, Berserker. Destroy every single thing here but Onii-chan.”

“███████!!!” With those words, the Destroyer was unleashed.

~--------------------~

With a swing faster than sound, Berserker swung his axe at Saber’s head. Moving faster than that, Saber had driven her sword to deflect the blow. “██████████!!!” Berserker did not relent, he did not stop, he did not tire. He was an unending force of destruction. Each movement was meant to kill, each one would kill.

This did not concern Saber. If a single strike getting through meant death, then all that meant is that she would not like him land a blow. She would deflect every strike he made, force his defenses to fall, and defeat him. An overhead swing to take her head, deflected, a blow for her legs to ruin her, cast aside, a direct thrust at her heart, forced to a standstill.

Saber’s blade locked with Berserkers for the briefest of moments, “███!” Then with the same quickness every attack had been, Berserker retreated. His axe aimed at the other Servant on the bridge.

Rider was not like Saber. She did not have the strength or heavy weapon to stand up directly to his wrecking ball blows. What she did, however, was speed. She danced around his swings, not letting a single one approach her.

And that is when Saber made her move, running past Berserker and Rider, she charged towards Ilyasviel! “█████████████████!!!!” And then in the next instant Saber spun on her heel, blocking the downward swing Berserker had aimed at her.

The first part of the plan was simple enough. Saber and Rider would alternate between keeping Berserker busy. It was simple enough to attract his attention. All they had to do was present the slightest threat to his Master.

As for the second part....

Saber saw the light building up above Berserker, and smiled, “Now then....” Forcing more magical energy into her limbs, she slammed Berserker’s axe into the road, before jumping away from him. It was only a brief and minor inconvenience, but it was enough.

From that glowing point in the sky, a massive surge of lightning descended on Berserker! It was so bright to look at it was almost blinding. The air suddenly reeked of ozone, and the ground around Berserker actually ignited. Finally, the lightning faded, and a burnt and distorted Berserker stood, slumped over and dead looking.

“███████████!!!!” But not for long. As if the wounds never existed, Berserker stood and roared.

“That...” Still, Ilya looked confused and concerned. “What was... was that some Noble Phantasm?

“Not quite.” Caster’s voice echoed from around the bridge.

“C-Caster!?” Illya looked around rapidly, trying to place the source of the voice.

“Remember, Illyasviel? I said your Servant is an eyesore. Still, I took some of your advice to heart. I’m quite hidden. I’m sure you could find me, eventually, but that would require ignoring the other two Servants in front of you.”

~--------------------~

Far away from the battlefield, on top of a skyscraper overlooking the bridge, Caster sat in the center of a magic circle, the glowing jeweled blade in her hands.

Gleaming Blade of all Worlds
    Gem Sword Zelretch.
    It was the closest thing Heroic Spirit RIN had to a Noble Phantasm. The Mystic Code designed by her teacher and built by her, it gathered magical power from infinite parallel worlds. It provided her with effectively unlimited magical power. Only by using it would she be able to gather the power to cast the twelve unique spells needed to pierce through Berserkers God Hand!

The choice of the bridge was no mere whim, either. The bridge had only two ways in or out that Ilya could take, so retreat was difficult. It was relatively confined, meaning Berserker could not move very far, allowing her to target him easier.

While she had prepared the first spell in advance, the remaining eleven would take more time. Roughly five minutes to chant the verses, and that was with runes inscribed to speed things up, and then another minute to target him.

Which meant that Saber and Rider had to last a full hour against Berserker. It was a risky and difficult move, but Caster was confident that the two could hold out as long as they played defensively and kept rotating Berserker's attention. Yes, Caster was positive this plan would absolutely work out perfectly.

And then several swords slammed against the defenses Caster had set up around her.

“....oh god damn it.” Caster said.

“You are a rather poor showing of the class, you know that? No subtlety at all.” Gilgamesh said.

Caster stood up and faced Gilgamesh, “And you expect me to just give up and die?”

“Well, that would be preferable.” Gilgamesh shrugged as more blades appeared behind him.

“You do realize we’re in the middle of a fight,” Caster said, “Honestly. Why are you here?! We’re this close to beating Berserker damn it!”

Gilgamesh lazily launched a few more swords at her, watching without interest as they were deflected away from her. “There is something I want to see, and you are preventing me from seeing it.”

Caster had set up enough defenses around her to prepare for the event that Ilya would use a Command Spell to move Berserker to her location, as such they could take a strike or two from him. Gilgamesh, of course, had tested her shields and divined the exact amount of force needed to smash them. Dozens of swords emerged from his treasury. “You called that madman an eyesore? How hypocritical, Caster. Begone from my sight.” Gilgamesh said, and launched his next volley.

~--------------------~

Rider was the first to realize something was wrong. Six minutes had passed and yet another spell had yet to hit Berserker. Of course, one might think that perhaps the time suggestion was not exact, but then another minute passed.

Saber was gritting her teeth, deflecting another lethal blow from Berserker. It was around time for Rider to take her turn on keeping the giant busy.

Still... if something was wrong...

“Pull back!” Rider shouted, jumping far way from Berserker, and Saber did the same. For whatever reason Berserker did not pursue, instead he stood his ground. Perhaps he was thinking it the best way to guard his Master?

“Rider...what is it?” Saber asked quickly.

“Sakura, you can contact Caster, correct?” Rider said. Caster had set up some kind of magical link between her and her Master before hand, just in case something had gone wrong.

“Right...” Sakura closed her eyes, “She.... she’s being attacked by another Servant!”

“What?!” Shirou said, “What should we do?”

“Ask Caster to inform the enemy that she is fighting Berserker, and that it would be wiser for all involved to let him get defeated first.” Saber suggested.

Sakura shook her head, “She says he knows, but doesn’t care!”

Unfortunately for them, Ilya heard all this.

“Ah. I see. Is that all you’ve got, Makiri? Your trump card seems to have failed.” Ilya was calm now, “Don’t worry Onii-chan, I’ll take good care of you once this all over.”

“███████!” Berserker began moving forward.

“How bothersome. Still, when a plan fails, it’s time to improvise.” Rider said, and began watching towards Berserker.

“Wait, Rider-” Saber began, but Rider held up her arm, holding Saber back.

“No, I’ll need to do this by myself.” Rider said, “Stay back, Saber.” She held up her weapon... and plunged it into her neck.

“What? Is that it? Do you think having your Servant kill herself is enough!?” Ilya laughed, “That’s the most pathetically desperate move I’ve ever....” Illya trailed off.

The blood that had flown out of Rider’s neck had not simply fallen to the ground, it had risen into the air, twisting and spiraling around into the shape of a magic circle.

Berserker stopped, even he had realized that perhaps Rider had suddenly become more dangerous.

“Heh. I see even with your mind clouded by madness you still have some cunning, Hercules!” Rider shouted as the spell completed, and leapt upon emerged.

Berserker braced himself for the blow.

~--------------------~

The moment the swords had destroyed her defenses Caster had moved. Destroying her wards had cost them most of their momentum, so with a simple wind spell she scattered them away, before charging straight towards Gilgamesh.

With a flick of the Gem Sword, a torrent of fire erupted, aimed at consuming him! With a smirk, Gilgamesh simply slid to the side, avoiding the flame. But it was enough to get Caster out of his sight, “Where did....”

“Haaaahhh!” Caster had ducked low when the spell had been launched. With reinforced movement she launched a palm thrust at Gilgamesh’s midsection. The attack reverberated against his armor, and for a moment it seemed as if she had done no damage.

However Gilgamesh’s face twisted in a brief expression of pain. Caster did not pause, the next thrust was aimed at his chest. Gilgamesh didn’t let it land, leaning back the thrust passed over him. Caster’s left leg spun out in a kick that could shatter concrete, but Gilgamesh raised his arm to block it. With his other arm he drew a sword and thrust it at her heart. Caster then jumped up into the air, and using him as a springboard, kicked away from him before his weapon could touch her. Caster flipped and landed in a martial arts stance.

“Martial arts,” Gilgamesh observed, “Meant to destroy the targets internal organs and bones.” Several blades emerged behind him, “How unusual, still, nothing more than a trifle. I will not permit you to even attempt another attack on myself.”

“Well you know that’s generally what happens in a fight.” Caster said, “Exchange of blows and all that.”

“There will be no ‘exchange,’ witch.” Gilgamesh said, “Just your whimpering death.” At those words, countless swords were launched at Caster.

Caster jumped away from the first volley, ducked below the second, and ran backwards to avoid the third. The fourth was coming towards her, and she was now on the edge of the building. With a grin, Caster jumped backwards. The swords followed her.

“What a weakling,” Gilgamesh said, a floating carpet emerging from the Gate of Babylon. He stepped onto it and floated down the building. The swords he had launched at Caster were there, embedded into the concrete several hundred feet below, but Caster was nowhere to be seen. No blood, no trace of her. “So she runs away like a coward then. How appropriate.”

“The term is ‘Tactical Retreat’, Gilgamesh,” Caster’s voice spoke directly into his ear. “We can’t all be absurdly powerful god-kings.”

“Use whatever term you like to describe your weakness.” Gilgamesh said, “All I hear is the pathetic yelps of a dog.” And then Gilgamesh noticed it. A small glowing red dot had appeared in front of him. Then another one appeared, and another, and another. Within a few seconds thousands of small red points of light had appeared around him, forming a sphere of light.

Burning Destroyer
    Hitzezerstörer
    Caster said, and every single point of light began to glow brighter.

~--------------------~

“That’s...” Shirou said, his eyes locked on Rider, suspended in the air above them all, Rider was sitting upon what had placed her in this class. “A Pegasus?”

It shone with divine light, a pure white horse with massive wings. Ordinarily such a beast, while both beautiful and powerful, would be merely be the lowest rank of Magical Beasts. However, this Pegasus was different. It had existed alongside Rider since the Age of the Gods. It has grown to the rank a Phantasmal Beast, equal to that of a Dragon. It’s very existence was Magic, each beating of its wings produced shockwaves of power, every movement created distortions in the air.

“Now then,” Rider said, “To see the greatest son of Zeus reduced to such a state, it is pitiful. Me and this child will put you at rest now.” The Pegasus flew higher into the air, before diving towards Berserker.

““██████!!” Berserker raised his axe, ready to bring it down on the advancing enemy. However, such a notion was useless. Rider did not need to be near Berserker to attack. Just having the Pegasus fly past him was enough. The waves of magical power knocked the giant off balance, the feathers falling from its wings formed countless sharp blades that cut his skin. “█████████!!” Defying Rider’s refusal to approach, Berserker charged at them. In response, the Pegasus flapped its wings directly at him, creating a massive gale that blew him back, causing him to be slammed against one of the steel bars that support the bridge.

Illya’s surprised expression quickly shifted to one of disdain. “Ah. I see what kind of creature you summoned. It’s fitting that the Makiri would summon such a slithering monster.”

Rider didn’t say anything, but again Sakura rose up to responding to Ilya’s taunts. “Rider is not a monster!” She shouted, “She’s kind and helpful! Sure she’s a little quiet and gets a bit too zealous sometimes, but she only has good intentions! She’s my friend!”

Illya couldn’t find a respond to that.

“Well now, after that inspirational speech from Sakura, I have to show off now.” Rider said to herself, she circled around Berserker, “Hmmm... if I crash straight down... ah. Yes.” The Pegasus landed in front of Shirou, Sakura, and Saber. “I think our little dance has gone on long enough,” She said, producing a small golden bridle. Ilya realized that this entire time, Rider had still been holding back. The Pegasus was merely a weapon she could use. That small bridle was her Noble Phantasm. “This child does not enjoy fighting, so I have to use this to get it into the mood.” She placed the bridle on her steed, “Goodbye, Berserker.” Rider announced the end of this fight. The Pegasus shot into the air, rocketing straight up.

“Stand your ground.” Ilya ordered, “We’ll take Rider’s Noble Phantasm and then smash her to bits!”

Bridle
    Bellero-
    Rider invoked the name of her Noble Phantasm, and the Pegasus began to dive down,
    of Chivalry
    -phon!
    The Pegasus became a streak of white light, moving at such speeds that its form completely vanished. As it neared the ground, it tilted forward, flying directly towards Berserker! Berserker raised his axe, ready to strike her down the instant she got near.

The light made contact with the giant.

~--------------------~

A focused beam of pure heat had emerged from every single point of light that had surrounded Gilgamesh. Each one had fired simultaneously at him, producing enough heat that the air around the sphere ignited the moment the spell had been cast. This sphere of hellfire was a prison that was impossible to escape.

Yet, when the spell faded, the ashen remains of Gilgamesh were not within. Instead there were dozens of interlocking shields, each one glowing red hot, forming a smaller sphere. The shields separated and vanished, revealing an unharmed Gilgamesh. “Is there anything you can do other than petty trickery?”

Caster reappeared on the building she had jumped off in the first place. “I do have gravity.”

“What?” Gilgamesh said.

Earth's Pull
    Erdeziehen
    ,”
    Caster commanded, and the runes she had inscribed under Gilgamesh while he had been imprisoned in that sphere activated. The spell increased the effects of gravity a hundred fold, too much for the flying carpet he was using to hold him up.
    Meteor Storm
    Meteorsturm.
    Followed by several meteors appearing and falling directly towards him.

Gravity forced Gilgamesh into the ground, “You... you...” He looked up and saw the next attack. With the spell Caster had cast, he couldn’t move fast enough to dodge it. “Conniving....
    bitch!” Several swords launched up at the meteors, breaking them apart and destroying them before even an ember could touch him. Several more weapons destroyed the runes around him, breaking the spell. He then jumped up, kicking off the building a few times to land in front of Caster.

Caster had her arms folded, her expression annoyed. “Are we done here?”

“Is.... that all you have to say?! Gilgamesh said, his expression a low growl. This woman was... very irritating to fight against. She slipped in and out of his grasp, launching unpredictable attacks from bizarre angles, no mere magus should be giving him this much trouble! Granted, nothing she had done had been an actual threat, but the fact that she did not just have the decency to die like every other mage that had ever crossed his path vexed him.

Then Caster’s eyes widened, “What... no..!”

“Hmm?” Gilgamesh turned around.

The bridge was glowing, a beautiful and familiar golden light. “Saber!” Caster shouted, and ran towards the bridge. Gilgamesh ignored her, after all, this is what he had come for. To see this. Nothing was important as seeing if Saber was still the woman he desired.

~--------------------~

When the light from Rider’s Noble Phantasm had faded, she and the Pegasus rested behind Berserker, both of them notably tired from the effort the attack had produced. As for Berserker? His torso was gone. Rider had simply plowed straight through the enemy Servant, and it was a miracle that he still stood and not collapsed in on himself in a pile of limbs.

“That... that is a powerful Noble Phantasm, Rider...” Ilya said. In that instant, the Pegasus kicked off on it’s own, flying up to narrowly avoid the axe that was making its best effort to decapitate Rider.

“That...!?” Saber couldn’t believe her eyes. Despite the fact that he should be dead, despite the fact that almost nothing connected his limbs to the rest of his body, Berserker was still moving. “How... how is he still alive? His heart was destroyed!”

Berserker could not roar, as his lungs were gone, but his face showed his rage all the same. He swung his axe wildly at Rider as bones reformed, muscle and organs grew anew.

“...pity it only killed Berserker twice over.” Ilya said. “You can tell, Rider, what this is, can’t you?” Rider could indeed recognize it. This curse granted as a blessing. “Behold, Berserker’s Noble Phantasm,
    Twelve Labors
    God Hand
    , twelve lives granted for each of the twelve labors he performed in life.” Ilya said, with a confident smile, “Oh yes, one more thing, if something does manage to kill Berserker, he becomes immune to it.” Rider could tell Ilya wasn’t lying, Berserker wasn’t even noticing the shockwaves produced by her Pegasus anymore, he was focused completely on killing her. “So let’s see, one death was caused by Caster’s spell, and two caused by your Noble Phantasm. So that means Berserker still has nine lives left!”

“That’s... ridiculous...!” Rider shouted, as the Pegasus pulled back from another point blank strike from Berserker. But it was not fast enough this time, the axe hit the flying horse in the chest. Both Rider and mount were flung back like ragdolls, the only reason the Pegasus was not split in two was due to Beserker still recovering, and the massive amount of magical power it put out serving as a cushion.

Berserker began lurching towards Rider, veins connecting to his regrown heart.

“You can rest now.” Rider commanded, and the Pegasus vanishes. With shaky legs, she rose to her feet.

Shirou gritted his teeth. “Damn it!” He shouted, “This is ridiculous!” What could he do? That monster was something that, literally, could not be killed. Rider was going to die and he couldn’t do anything about it? He had just stood there, helplessly transfixed. And now he was just going to stand here, helpless, as Rider died. And then Ilya would turn on Saber, and Sakura, and he would be alone, having failed to save anyone.

Saber noticed this pain, noticed this frustration. She also knew that she would be targeted next, and the girl Shirou cared about would die if she and Rider fell. However, she was not like Shirou, she knew there was something he could do. Something that would save them all.

Even if it might end herself. Still, such a sacrifice to protect the one she had sworn to serve as his Sword was nothing. “Sakura.” She said.

“S-Saber-san?” Sakura said.

“I... I apologize.” Saber said.

“Huh...?”

“I understand now why you disliked me when we first met.” Saber clenched her sword tightly in both hands, “So I apologize for putting Shirou in any danger.”

“Wait, no, Saber-san-” Sakura said, but before she could speak further, Saber made her move.

Barrier of the Wind's King
    Invisible Air!
    Saber shouted, and the wind surrounding her sword exploded, propelling Saber forward like a jet engine. Moving at such insane speeds, she tackled the still regenerating Berserker.

In that instant, it was exposed. Berserker let out a guttural growl, was it surprise at the small knight tackling him? But then even he was silent at the sight of what was in Saber’s hands. “RRRAAAHHHHHHH!” Saber screamed, swinging her blade at the arm holding Berserkers axe, it sliced through it in a single strike, the axe and arm flying into the river. She kicked herself off Berserker before he could grab her with his remaining hand.

“███████████████████████████!!!!!!!!!” Berserker finally roared once more, facing the young girl who was a King.

For what else could she be? With such a sword?

It was beautiful, shining a pure golden light. The Last Phantasm. The weight of a nation, the weight of a people, the weight of all humanity rested in that blade. Yet Saber held it over her head like it was nothing. It glowed brighter and brighter, shining as brightly as the sun. Shirou was speechless, his eyes transfixed upon that blade. It burned itself into his soul, a memory he would never release. The wind focused around her, power circling around her and the weapon she held. Yet Berserker showed no fear, even facing the greatest glory of all he charged! He would defy his fate to the end.

Sword
    EX-”
    Saber said, invoking its most holy name. Berserker was almost upon her, but he was too late. The hopes and dreams of mankind, the greatest wishes of all who lived, crystallized into this single promise of victory, was brought down.
    of Promised Victory
    "-CALIBUR!”

Dawn came briefly to the battlefield.

~--------------------~

Neither Shirou nor Sakura could look directly at the light that had emerged, but after a short time it faded. Saber was kneeling on the ground, supporting herself with her sword. She had positioned herself as such that her attack would move upstream, avoiding any buildings. For if she hadn’t she surely would have destroyed several. For a massive gouge in the bridge rested in front of her, exposing the river below. Berserker was gone, nine lives destroyed in a single blow. Ilya had fallen to her knees in shock. “No.. Berserker... where is he... where are you... Berserker...?”

The sound of steel breaking began to be heard. Bellerophon had caused extensive structural damage to the bridge, and Excalibur nearly cutting it in half had finished it. At the very least, a large segment of the bridge was going to fall apart now.

“No... where are you...?” Ilya was mumbling to herself, when Caster appeared next to her, “Huh..?”

Caster swiftly picked Ilya up, flinging the young girl over her shoulder, “Rider! Grab Saber!” She shouted, “Shirou, Sakura, get the hell out of here!”

“Ah... hah...” Saber’s face had become pale, she was gasping for breath, it was only by Excalibur serving as a crutch that she avoided falling upon her face. “Rider...”

“Don’t speak, conserve your energy.” Rider said, picking up Saber with both hands. “Still... thank you, Saber. You protected Sakura where I could not.”

“It was... the least I could do...”

As the battlefield fell to ruins, the victors and the losers fled.

~--------------------~

Atop a skyscraper, far away from battle, Gilgamesh watched. “Yes! Yes! It’s perfect!” He laughed. His laughter filled the skies for several minutes. Finally, it settled down to an amused chuckle. “Ah... so good...” He said, and with a quick snapping motion a single blade shot towards a shadowy corner.

An Assassin leapt out of that corner, avoiding the projectile. “You.. you detected my presence!?”

“No.” Gilgamesh admitted, “I merely deduced that was the most likely place for a rat to hide.” Still, he did not make any more aggressive actions, such was the extent of his good mood. “Besides, it is good that you are here. You were able to witness it.”

“You mean Saber’s Noble Phantasm?” Assassin said.

“Yes exactly!” Gilgamesh began to laugh again, “It is a beautiful thing, is it not? All those hopes, every single burdensome wish humanity has ever dreamt up... all contained on her fragile shoulders. It is the most beautiful thing to exist, no?”

The Assassin chose his words carefully, “It is indeed beautiful. But... such power is also frightening.”

“Of course it is!” Gilgamesh said, “Does not the rose have its thorns? Beauty is powerful, beauty is terrible and glorious. If it lacks risk, it is not worth even glancing at.”

“I prefer to minimize risk.” Assassin said.

“And that is why you are ugly.” Gilgamesh said, a hint of disdain coloring his joy. Assassin briefly worried that he would attack, but he instead turned his attention away from him, preferring to bask in the afterglow of Saber’s attack.

Assassin knew the type of man Gilgamesh was, he had encountered many such people in his life. Prideful, incredibly confident, and completely secure in his power. The chief difference between Gilgamesh and the others is that this man had the ability to support his words. Still, dealing with him was not any different than dealing with the others. “May ask a question of you?” There was one thing his Master wished to know.

“Ah, very well, since you asked politely, I shall permit you to do so.” Gilgamesh said without turning to face him.

He acted as expected, “Why did you assist the Tohsaka girl?”

“Her? Ah yes. It was a whim of mine. I am interested in seeing how she performs in this conflict.”

“So you wish to see her victory?” Assassin said.

At those words, Gilgamesh laughed once more. But compared to the pure and joyous laughter he had expressed earlier, this laughter possessed a sinister edge. “Victory? Don’t be absurd. She can not achieve victory, such a thing is impossible for one such as her.”

“Then... why?” Assassin said.

Gilgamesh turned his head to glance back at Assassin. “What I wish from that girl, is to be able to see the exact, beautiful moment....”

“That she fails.”
    Last edited by Pata Hikari; January 29th, 2014 at 04:27 PM.