Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Otogibanashi - A Nasuverse Demon Hunter RP (OOC)

TBH I feel like them both making it in would probably be less silly than people imagine it'd be.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Tbh, I care less about variety within factions (like Oni/Henge/etc distribution within the Halfbloods I take in) than I would for Hunters/Halfbloods, because with the latter I actually set a limit to how many of each I want. So just because another player has the same lineage as you doesn't mean you won't be able to get in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So this RP is about hunters and hybrids fighting over the coveted fluffy tail?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You hath entered the building
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    tfw this starts becoming a fluffy tail vs anti-fluffy tail crusade

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Blog Entries
    kill all fluffy tails and burn their corpses

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiu View Post
    kill all fluffy tails and burn their corpses
    Death to the anti-fluffy tails haters. Flay them and let them rot in the fields, that maggots and carrion feast upon their unworthy cadavers!

Blog Entries
    this is some drastic oppression right here

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh, also I'm looking for some players interested in volunteering for some simulated fights, to test out combat and balance and so on. This may involve pitting you against other players, which is the main disadvantage of this if you'd like to keep your tricks and so on secret. Namely, we're looking to test the powergap between hunters and halfbloods, as well as reasonable HP/DMG levels.

Anyone interested?

Blog Entries
    well, you already know I am

I'm weak anyways so revealing my tricks doesn't hurt me much....

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    what time?
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Whenever the players are available to test, really, preferably this weekend. I'm kind of mostly free this weekend, though I do have a bit of work to do, but I should be able to fit it around my schedule.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    what time?
    oh hey You, do you want to talk about Otogi on Discord or are you keeping everything a himitsu

my discord tag is Reiu#5299 if anyone wants to add me

I am free today for testing, availability this weekend is a bit more variable but I'll see what I can do

This weekend? I guess I can .
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiu View Post
    oh hey You, do you want to talk about Otogi on Discord or are you keeping everything a himitsu
    i can't really have any secrets if i get in tbh

I'm generally free tomorrow.

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar
    We can all assist ( O _O)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Anyone who wants to start testing combat (or just wants to watch), you can join #otogithunderdome on IRCHighway

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Minor rulebook change: Default pool of attribute points to distribute increased from 180 to 200, Halfblood bonuses decreased from 40/30 to 30/20.

Effectively, halfbloods may keep whatever stats they had before, but hunters and yuurei descendants get an extra 20 points to distribute.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Another rulebook change: how Innate skills and MP interact.

Before, I tried to go for something unique and had it where Innate skills and their effectiveness scaled to how much MP you had. So at full MP you had max power, at half MP you had half power, et cetera. But this was kind of weird to implement and track, and all I feel it did was discourage people to use spells, and instead go only for their Innate, which could be used without penalty or consequence. So now, Innate skills will cost MP like normal.