Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Playing F/GO on emulators

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Teodor_⑲ View Post
    It doesn't have such thing. If you have so much RAM you can as well try VM mode.
    In theory, there is no benefit to run VM than dual boot other than the fact that you don't have to restart your computer, correct? I'm probably less experienced in VMware than dual boot. For example, you said that any OS, such as XP, is fine in VMware, but then you said, at the end, to change it to Linux, wouldn't it be faster to just use Linux from the onset? Unless there's a reason for this that I, in my inexperience, am not seeing. Also, this is all done with either freeware or whatever is generally already in a computer, correct? In other words, is some kind of VMware already included in Windows 10? Also, by unformatteddata.img, do you mean an unformatted data.img file or a file actually called unformatteddata.img?
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; October 13th, 2016 at 03:30 PM.

JP Friend Code
    073240367 (tell me IGN)
    You don't really changing OS to Linux, you're just changing how VMware perceives installed OS. If it set to Windows, your mouse won't work in Remix.
    Yes, it's unformatteddata.img . No spaces.
    Best support list {Juky 1}

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Is VMware included in Windows 10, or does it have to be purchased or otherwise obtained separately? I'm at work right now, so I can't really look up whether it already exists on my laptop, but it would be nice to know whether or not I can immediately access it after I get home, or if I have to actually get it somehow.

Blog Entries
    Seriously you can put as much RAM as you want in a toaster and it still won't do anything but make toast, so what are your specs
    The ones that actually matter, I mean

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Which specific ones do you want?

Blog Entries
    I'm just worried that you secretly have like a ten year old athalon processor or some shit.

JP Friend Code
    073240367 (tell me IGN)
    Quote Originally Posted by LoliVampLover View Post
    Is VMware included in Windows 10, or does it have to be purchased or otherwise obtained separately? I'm at work right now, so I can't really look up whether it already exists on my laptop, but it would be nice to know whether or not I can immediately access it after I get home, or if I have to actually get it somehow.
    VMware is not included in Win10. Don't really know if it's free or not, didn't bother to check.

Your GPU, CPU. At least those specs would be helpful.
    Recommended system requirements

2 GHz dual core processor or better
    2 GB system memory
    Minimum 8 GB of free hard drive space
    Internet access is helpful

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Then how did you get a virtual machine?
    As for my computer's specs, here is what I come up with when I check its basic information:
    Processor: AMD A10-8700P Radeon R6, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G 1.80GHz
    Installed memory (RAM): 12.0GB (11.4 GB usable)
    System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor.
    Please specify, if you need anything else.

JP Friend Code
    073240367 (tell me IGN)
    I pirated it. But wiki says it's free for non-commercial usage, so you can just download VMware from official site.

On other note... That's quite of abomination of notebook you got there. Maybe it isn't supported properly. Like, 3D acceleration is off and your CPU alone can't keep up with Remix.
    Try adding this to kernel line in GRUB
    radeon.modeset=1 i915.modeset=0 nouveau.modeset=0

Other than that i don't see anything that could help.
    Last edited by Teodor_⑲; October 14th, 2016 at 01:39 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Could you please post a link? From what I can see on the VMware site, the file manager/downloader is free, but the actual software requires "purchase". Well, I bought that laptop with those features. It's not custom. I could try to fidget with 3D acceleration, but is GRUB another piece of software that I need to download and probably learn?
    Edit: For some weird reason, all the tutorials that I find on 3D acceleration are about Windows 7 or 8, so the user interfaces are different than on 10 (which I have). As for GRUB and VMware, care to post which versions that you use, so that I don't fall into that same issue as with Remix where I was accidentally using a different version than the one that you initially suggested?
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; October 15th, 2016 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Update

JP Friend Code
    073240367 (tell me IGN)
    http://www.vmware.com/go/tryplayerpro-win-64 (maybe it isn't free after all, don't know)
    You can't enable 3D acceleration if your hardware isn't supported by Remix.
    You already have GRUB installed. VMware is 12th version.
    Well, if you have problem with GRUB it would be easier for you to edit menu.lst file, which is in RemixOS folder on RemixOS partition. Add
    radeon.modeset=1 i915.modeset=0 nouveau.modeset=0
    to kernel line.
    Last edited by Teodor_⑲; October 15th, 2016 at 02:32 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    What do you mean hardware isn't supported by Remix? I can actually run Remix OS on my laptop. It's just when I run F/GO on Remix OS on my laptop that F/GO is slow to respond to my clicks. As for editing menu.lst, so basically, change this
    ****************************file/86e6b7ba5jdlgcc/menu.lst to
    this ****************************file/b0kihr...w0l/menu-1.lst ?
    Obviously, if I use the second file, I will remove the -1.
    Edit: I just downloaded the VMware from the site that you linked. I executed the file... Is it supposed to restart your computer a couple times over before it is installed? I think that that is what happened. Not quite sure, as I did not have the patience to sit through the entire installation process, so I played some Scarlet Curiosity in the meantime. When I came back, my computer was restarting. Watched some TV. Came back still restarting. It eventually restarted just fine, but was this expected?
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; October 15th, 2016 at 10:43 PM.

JP Friend Code
    073240367 (tell me IGN)
    I mean, your GPU isn't supported, so everything is handled by CPU only. Yes, menu-1.lst is correct. I don't know it never happened to me, i suppose it works? Then it's fine.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Oh, that would explain why my CPU fan speeds up whenever I boot up F/GO. Still, Remix technically works fine (on it right now). It's just when I load up F/GO. Still, performance was a lot better on Bluestacks and most other emulators. In terms of VMware installation, I tried to look up VM on Windows to see if anything was installed. It does not look like it to me. I'll try 1 more time, at least. Of course, I replaced the menu.lst file, already.
    Edit: I managed to install VMware, so which OS would you prefer (did you install) initially? XP or Linux, and which one specifically?
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; October 16th, 2016 at 10:38 AM.

JP Friend Code
    073240367 (tell me IGN)
    I just used first XP that i came across. It doesn't matter if it's home, professional, x86, x64, SP0, SP3.

Also, VM mode runs slower than dual-boot mode.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I figure that that would be the case, but for some weird reason, F/GO ran really well on emulators, such as Bluestacks, or do emulators have some kind of performance enhancing features that VMs do not?

JP Friend Code
    073240367 (tell me IGN)
    Just an update if someone choose to visit this topic. Easiest was to play on VM.
    Last edited by Teodor_⑲; October 21st, 2016 at 07:43 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Assuming that it is unrooted, I will at least try it this weekend. Though, given that it's me, I will probably have more questions, then, when I'm actually setting up the VM.

夜魔 Nightmare
    Worked fine for me.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Of course, I have some questions about the steps. I can select Linux Ubuntu (with the radio buttons), number of cores (with the drop-down), and memory (RAM, using the slide bar), but where do I select IDE HDD and choose to use an existing virtual HDD (the unpacked file is, of course, the .vdmk file)? I was following the steps in order, so I might not have looked for IDE HDD and use existing virtual HDD, until after I completed the other steps. Also, if I need to remove the virtual Ubuntu that I have now, what is the difference between Remove from Library and Delete from Disk?
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; October 21st, 2016 at 12:40 PM.