Page 1 of 7 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: Playing F/GO on emulators

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Blog Entries

Playing F/GO on emulators

Currently, testing http://www.jide.com/remixos-for-pc or http://www.jide.com/remixos-player Not sure about the difference.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    So where have you seen that this works? I'm willing to test-install it on my laptop, but everything I've seen up to this point says that it still doesn't work. Do you have a link to a forum or subreddit suggesting that it does, or just that it might?

And you probably shouldn't bother with the Remix OS Player. I imagine the only reason that Remix OS works is that it's not strictly an emulator. It's Android installed on PC. Player is an emulator, and probably won't work. I don't mind testing it, though.
    Last edited by quigonkenny; September 17th, 2016 at 08:16 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I literally just have Mizukume's word on it. According to http://forum.xda-developers.com/remi...3337029/page26 you require something called "SuperSU", as well.
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; September 17th, 2016 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoliVampLover View Post
    I literally just have Mizukume's word on it. According to http://forum.xda-developers.com/remi...3337029/page26 you require something called "SuperSU", as well.
    Actually, that last link was just what I was looking for, as it tells me where to start. Let me do some playing around with it and I'll see where it gets me.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Thank you kindly. Also, please tell me whether it's better to use the full program for PC or just the player. It is true what they say: Despair with a shred of hope is actually more terrifying than pure despair.

Well, fiddled around with the full version. Setup was a pain, but it worked. Updated SuperSu and it wouldn't load back up on reboot...smh... I'll try again a bit later. This time I'll just turn it off without updating it.

https://youtu.be/O20qXxcAArw

This video shows how to install it on VMWare Workstation Pro. Only difference is to add "INSTALL=1" instead of adding "INSTALL=0" during the install (after hitting TAB on the initial installation screen). Guess there was a change between the version used in the install and the current version. From what I've seen online, if you can turn off Root using SuperSu once you're up and running, that should allow FGO to work. I deleted my VM and will try again.

Could be my hardware, but I don't know if I'd recommend this from what I've seen so far. Looks pretty laggy even just in the normal Remix OS UI. But if I can get FGO to install and to work on my laptop, I'll try the same procedure on my desktop, which, while a fair bit older, is also more powerful.
    Last edited by quigonkenny; September 17th, 2016 at 10:54 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, I installed the Remix OS and Super SU. However, when attempting to use Super SU, it asked to be updated. It provided 2 methods to do so. For some weird, when I tried the Super SU ME method, and I clicked on the blue Android button on the app, the app just closed. Therefore, I'm currently attempting the Root Explorer method which involves changing SU to .su. Currently, I am running a search, using Root Explorer, for SU. And yes, installing F/GO on Remix OS and trying to access it as is just causes it to close down. Although, Remix OS did let me install Google Play automatically as a default app.
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; September 18th, 2016 at 11:49 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I have little hope of even playing this before the event ends, but just for investigative purposes, I noticed that, after I installed Remix OS, whenever I turned my laptop on, I had to choose which OS to open Windows or Remix. However, after certain automatic updates by Windows, I noticed that I no longer have that option when I turn my computer on. How do I tell whether Remix has been removed or simply disabled? If disabled, how do I enable it again?

If you're running Windows 8 or 10, do an actual reboot of Windows. If you shut down 8 or 10, then boot it back up, it doesn't do a full shutdown. It's more like a partial hibernation. Rebooting does a full shutdown, so if should load the boot manager. If it still doesn't give you the option, then you need to fix the boot manager. Remix OS should still be installed.

Not exactly sure how to do that with Remix OS. Of Windows 10, for that matter, since they usually change the way it's done with each version.
    Last edited by quigonkenny; September 18th, 2016 at 07:53 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, I shut down by pressing the Shut Down button. Should I unplug, as well, or something? Also, to update Super SU, did you use the Super SU ME method or the Root Explorer method?

Quote Originally Posted by LoliVampLover View Post
    Well, I shut down by pressing the Shut Down button. Should I unplug, as well, or something? Also, to update Super SU, did you use the Super SU ME method or the Root Explorer method?
    You want to do a restart, and how you do that depends on which version of Windows you're running. For 7 and 10, you just enter the start menu, click on the shut down button (or icon) and make a choice. With Windows 8, it's in the menu you swipe in from the right, but the process is similar.

As for SuperSU, I downloaded it from Google Play, and on first use it prompted for the update. Prompted for reboot when done, after which point, pthbbt.

EDIT:
    Reinstalled, decided to go through the apps first to see if there was a SU app installed, which I could then use to unroot. Looks like it's baked into the OS, unfortunately, as I couldn't find any kind of SuperUser app. Stepped away for a bit, and when I get back, I'll try to install SuperSU and see if I can unroot without updating the binaries first.

I think part of the problem is that this version is pretty recent, and as they've made newer versions, they've made them more compact and end-user friendly (read: hidden all the meat and guts). If you can find someone who knows Linux better than I do (I'm fairly limited), they might know how to go into the terminal and unroot that way.

EDIT2:
    Well, that didn't work. I'll try again tomorrow with a manual unroot (deleting files).
    Last edited by quigonkenny; September 19th, 2016 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
    You want to do a restart, and how you do that depends on which version of Windows you're running. For 7 and 10, you just enter the start menu, click on the shut down button (or icon) and make a choice. With Windows 8, it's in the menu you swipe in from the right, but the process is similar.

As for SuperSU, I downloaded it from Google Play, and on first use it prompted for the update. Prompted for reboot when done, after which point, pthbbt.

EDIT:
    Reinstalled, decided to go through the apps first to see if there was a SU app installed, which I could then use to unroot. Looks like it's baked into the OS, unfortunately, as I couldn't find any kind of SuperUser app. Stepped away for a bit, and when I get back, I'll try to install SuperSU and see if I can unroot without updating the binaries first.

I think part of the problem is that this version is pretty recent, and as they've made newer versions, they've made them more compact and end-user friendly (read: hidden all the meat and guts). If you can find someone who knows Linux better than I do (I'm fairly limited), they might know how to go into the terminal and unroot that way.

EDIT2:
    Well, that didn't work. I'll try again tomorrow with a manual unroot (deleting files).
    The problem is when u run fgo, usb debug will be automatically enabled that will prevent fgo from playing (Errorcode=43), same problem with others android emulator. Even if u could unroot the remix os, it still wouldnt work.

Edit: I also tried with remix os beta 2.0 (non-rooted), it didnt work.
    Last edited by dokuganryu; September 19th, 2016 at 01:13 AM.

JP Friend Code
    853,978,998/Yami
    Yup. i 've tried remix os 2.0 but it's useless.Then i tried Remix 3.0 and after unroot it
    Here is what i got :

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't tried Vmware yet but i think you will need at least 4GB RAM to run smoothly FGO game

Quote Originally Posted by hongquan14071996 View Post
    Yup. i 've tried remix os 2.0 but it's useless.Then i tried Remix 3.0 and after unroot it
    Here is what i got :

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't tried Vmware yet but i think you will need at least 4GB RAM to run smoothly FGO game
    mind sharing how to unroot it?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hongquan14071996 View Post
    Here is what i got :

- - - Updated - - -

Was there a Remix update recently? If not, most people would be using 3.0 by default, anyway, as that would be what is on the official Remix website, right? Also, I turned off my computer and unplugged it before restarting. However, it is still not giving me the option to choose the OS (keeps going to Windows automatically).
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; September 20th, 2016 at 07:29 AM.

I was thinking that was the case. Someone online was suggesting it would work, though. Good to get confirmation that it doesn't.

Someone posted a video of FGO works in Remix OS.

This is not my video, I got this video from Indonesia FGO Group on facebook.

Here, I uploaded the video to mega.

Quote Originally Posted by eterneety View Post
    Someone posted a video of FGO works in Remix OS.

This is not my video, I got this video from Indonesia FGO Group on facebook.

Here, I uploaded the video to mega.
    Does he show how to config remix os to play FGO?

Quote Originally Posted by dokuganryu View Post
    Does he show how to config remix os to play FGO?
    unfortunately no, he disappear when others ask for tutorials

JP Friend Code
    073240367 (tell me IGN)
    Would you mind posting step-by-step unrooting process? From what i heard it is not possible.