Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Move the Create-a-Servant thread/s to Fanfics.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    If you have a problem with people, you report them, or you ignore them. Calling them pretentious fucks is just throwing grease onto the fire.

Same could be said for the other camp. Dropping by the thread every so often to drop the "nice fanfic" bait or calling it (and implicitly its users) shit isn't exactly the height of tact.

Well, I think the reason for the move is perfectly reasonable without getting personal, but that's just me.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    If you have a problem with people, you report them, or you ignore them. Calling them pretentious fucks is just throwing grease onto the fire.
    Not sure how reporting them would work given they at least seem to have (some of) the mods on their side. And even aside from that, being a condescending ass is not a crime in itself.

As personally satisfying as it'd be, I don't want anyone banned just for saying stuff I don't like. If I did, I'd have to ban pretty much everyone outside of Create-A-Servant! *shot*

I think we can drop this now though, unless there's something still worthwhile to be said?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    I think we can drop this now though, unless there's something still worthwhile to be said?
    Other then my impotent rages at the heavens, you mean? Probably not.

None of what I said applies to Leftovers, though. He honestly seems like a pretty cool guy. At least, if you're hungry and can't find a full meal. *shot for bad pun*
    Last edited by RoydGolden; December 17th, 2016 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Added terrible pun

I think the people you speak of know who they are, and will probably not care much. Regardless of who would show them their errors.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    I think the people you speak of know who they are, and will probably not care much. Regardless of who would show them their errors.
    I'm pretty sure they do.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    That's rather funny given you yourself posted up a Servant there like, two pages back.
    How does me posting an entry to the thread in question diminish the validity of my opinion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    I don't see a reason why people who enjoy doing something shouldn't join the forum just to do that one thing, or why that is a bad thing. Seniority has nothing to do with it, and frankly looking down on new people for not knowing the ins and outs of the forum from the get-go, and putting down their contributions because of it, is a worse attitude.
    What I meant by my statement is that some of the thread's regular patrons are kinda rude to people who point out that the lore doesn't work the way they want it to, which is a problem that will be alleviated somewhat with the move to Fanfics imo.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    General Discussion itself is starting to be like that. What with every time some new person makes a account they just have to start a new topic for frivolous things. It gets annoying.
    Eh, that's separate.

The point is to put fanfic in Fanfic, not "move these people away because I don't like them."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear Consensus View Post
    What I meant by my statement is that some of the thread's regular patrons are kinda rude to people who point out that the lore doesn't work the way they want it to, which is a problem that will be alleviated somewhat with the move to Fanfics imo.
    I actually agree with you there, as a matter of fact. Especially regarding the latest Star attribute fiasco, it's silly to even bother to include stuff like that without getting it right.

Blog Entries
    I really don't see the big deal. Does anyone ACTUALLY think people who post in that thread now won't post in it because it's in a different subforum???????

I'm asking seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    I really don't see the big deal. Does anyone ACTUALLY think people who post in that thread now won't post in it because it's in a different subforum???????

I'm asking seriously.
    When you put it that way, probably not. There's quite a few people who invest a lot of their time and effort into that thread and, as long as they remain active, I don't think it'll be fading away anytime soon. When that generation passes... eh, I'll probably be gone by then too, and thus won't be caring either way.

Totally not Eldritch WhatShouldNotBe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Splitting the modern and historical create-a-servant threads is mankind's original sin
    Don't talk like you were there
    I saw the old gods fall
    You were the chosen one, it was said you would bring balance to the forum, not leave it in darkness

What....

what happened when the split occurred?

I mean, it was before my time, but it sounds like the kind of apocalyptic event that sends thousands into despair and agony.

Blog Entries
    My one and only create-a-servant was from modern fiction and rendered illegitimate

Absolutely horrifying

Blog Entries
    My one and only create-a-servant was from modern fiction and rendered illegitimate

Absolutely horrifying
    Out of curiosity, who was it?

Blog Entries
    A generic fighter unit from Disgaea.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I miss the days of Buster's shame, gone before my time ;_;

While you're here Left, be a dear and resurrect the original Create A Servant post. Do it for BL.

- - - Updated - - -

A generic fighter unit from Disgaea.
    Oh right, with the fancy stat screens and everything. That was cool.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    While you're here Left, be a dear and resurrect the original Create A Servant post. Do it for BL.

Totally not Eldritch WhatShouldNotBe's Avatar

Absolutely horrifying
    oh.

also, uh, does this mean that we can merge Modern Fiction into the Historical Fiction CaS threads and reforge what was broken?

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    this was already a big step lets let people adjust and see if there's problems first before we take the fight to Sauron