Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Move the Create-a-Servant thread/s to Fanfics.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    I was wrong, it's an actual shithole now.

Please move the thread where it belongs.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Even the frequent posters say it's just fanfiction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Even the frequent posters say it's just fanfiction.
    'Just'? And I don't recall having ever said that.

Blog Entries
    Splitting the modern and historical create-a-servant threads is mankind's original sin

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Splitting the modern and historical create-a-servant threads is mankind's original sin
    Not really. It actually made a lot of sense to differentiate Servants based around actual mythology versus modern day fiction. Don't really know why you'd say otherwise.

Blog Entries
    Don't talk like you were there
    I saw the old gods fall

Blog Entries
    I keep getting outvoted

Even my powers are insufficient
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Can I ask, what good would it do to move it at this point?

Blog Entries
    Correcting an age old imbalance in the force
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Excising the false positive results of keywords in sheet descriptions during GD-specific searches would be nice.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Then how about we move it on a trial run then?

It could be in the fanfics subforum for whoeverlong those in power decide. If theres no overwhelming demand to move it back or if it makes the fanfics forum more active then leave it?

Just an idea, feel free to ignore me.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Correcting an age old imbalance in the force
    You were the chosen one, it was said you would bring balance to the forum, not leave it in darkness

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    I was wrong, it's an actual shithole now.

Please move the thread where it belongs.
    Like, it was actually kind of bearable for a few pages, but then it turned to the newbie containment/hugbox thread. Again.

Blog Entries
    bring back polls
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear Consensus View Post
    Like, it was actually kind of bearable for a few pages, but then it turned to the newbie containment/hugbox thread. Again.
    General Discussion itself is starting to be like that. What with every time some new person makes a account they just have to start a new topic for frivolous things. It gets annoying.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    You were the chosen one, it was said you would bring balance to the forum, not leave it in darkness
    wrong analogy

im more like obi wan screaming in vein

Blog Entries
    That's rather funny given you yourself posted up a Servant there like, two pages back.

Also, it appears that Seika has actually been moved the thread sometime tonight. Not what I would've wanted, but if it's a mod decision then what can you do I suppose? Frankly, what bothers me isn't so much that it got moved but that some pretentious fucks think they have a right to insult everyone who posts there. It's absolutely cute that people here start to think obsessing over the fictional lore of some animu franchise buys them the right to pass judgment on other people. Oh and by 'cute', I mean annoying as all Hell.

- - - Updated - - -

To anyone who called the thread a 'shithole' and related adjectives, I only have these words to say to y'all.

Huh, hadn't noticed it being moved.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    General Discussion itself is starting to be like that. What with every time some new person makes a account they just have to start a new topic for frivolous things. It gets annoying.
    I don't see a reason why people who enjoy doing something shouldn't join the forum just to do that one thing, or why that is a bad thing. Seniority has nothing to do with it, and frankly looking down on new people for not knowing the ins and outs of the forum from the get-go, and putting down their contributions because of it, is a worse attitude.

That said,

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Frankly, what bothers me isn't so much that it got moved but that some pretentious fucks think they have a right to insult everyone who posts there. It's absolutely cute that people start to think obsessing over the fictional lore of some animu franchise buys them the right to pass judgment on other people. Oh and by 'cute', I mean annoying as all Hell.
    Obsessing over the fictional lore of some animu franchise is what General Discussion is intended for. This is the primary reason why the Create-a-Servant thread doesn't belong there, especially in its current form that doesn't attach much importance to established guidelines so much as individual creativity. Which is absolutely and perfectly fine - but it's also fanfiction.

Also, this kind of tirade by someone that's made their name on the forum by refusing to read the source material is pretty cute as well.

So, is this the trial idea Bird of Hermes put forward or is it moved indefinitely?

Blog Entries
    Obsessing over the fictional lore of some animu franchise is what General Discussion is intended for. This is the primary reason why the Create-a-Servant thread doesn't belong there, especially in its current form that doesn't attach much importance to established guidelines so much as individual creativity. Which is absolutely and perfectly fine - but it's also fanfiction.

Also, this kind of tirade by someone that's made their name on the forum by refusing to read the source material is pretty cute as well.
    As I said, my problem wasn't that the thread got moved (which is justifiable, though not my preferred outcome) but the unfettered contempt some were showing to the regulars there. Just because you think it'd belong more properly in a different section doesn't mean you have to say it's utter shit and everybody who posts there are worthless sub-par human beings, which is pretty much what a few people here were saying. (Or at least, that's how it sounded to my admittedly agitated self)

Being as I identify myself primarily with that thread and even got an account to post up my Servant ideas there, I took it as a personal attack and lashed out. Sorry. From what it sounds, you're not my enemy and we actually agree that the condescension shown was misplaced. I'll probably have calmed down after a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and one more thing...

Touché.