Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question about Dead Apostles

Ciel would have followed the scent trail, but her nose is to full of curry.

Suddenly, Roa's creepy smile makes sense. He's relieving himself.

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

The genetic information thing sounds retarded. Drinking blood doesnt "restore" genetic information, unless hes talking about the cells breaking down over time, which is what all humans have, and drinking blood doesnt stop that.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Question View Post
    The genetic information thing sounds retarded. Drinking blood doesnt "restore" genetic information, unless hes talking about the cells breaking down over time, which is what all humans have, and drinking blood doesnt stop that.
    I'd like to kindly redirect you to my post.
    A lot of stuff Nasu writes does not make sense. Biology isn't even raped that much. Just go look at the physics of the Nasuverse.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Lol, especially considering most of the blood is water and cells with no nuclei.If you want DNA, you are better off eating flesh. Nero is doing it right.

I try to point this out to Mike all the time, but he is stubborn as usual (most of us are). Try to figure out how things work in the setting and then just deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    I'd like to kindly redirect you to my post.
    A lot of stuff Nasu writes does not make sense. Biology isn't even raped that much. Just go look at the physics of the Nasuverse.
    I know, a lot of stuff that he says sounds cool but impractical/stupid when you think about it.

I think hes the kind of writer that could really benefit from someone helping him to shape his universe. Someone who can go "Hey, we got all these vampires right? A story on their origin and how they came to be this way would be really popular." and help him with the finer points. Right now all Nasu does is drop hints for all these characters and events but we never see any of them fleshed out.

I dont even know what Nasu has done since F/HA other than helping out on stuff like the anime, etc, which is not exactly a fulltime job.
    Last edited by Question; June 24th, 2011 at 11:50 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Rowanism's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Question View Post
    I dont even know what Nasu has done since F/HA other than helping out on stuff like the anime, etc, which is not exactly a fulltime job.
    He is busy counting the money from the big movie deals they made recently. Just before he finishes, another movie is out and brings new money, so he has to continue counting.

Nasu wouldn't have this problem if he hired an accountant. Guess he prefers the Scrooge McDuck method.

In Brazil, everybody's hands are burning red.
    Quote Originally Posted by food View Post
    Lol, especially considering most of the blood is water and cells with no nuclei.If you want DNA, you are better off eating flesh. Nero is doing it right.

Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    I try to point this out to Mike all the time, but he is stubborn as usual (most of us are). Try to figure out how things work in the setting and then just deal with it.
    What? No you haven't, this has never come up with him.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeWannabe View Post
    What? No you haven't, this has never come up with him.
    The fact that things in the Nasuverse work how they work, I think, reality be damned. Not this topic specifically.

But they still need some basis in reality. Hell, even most of us subconsciously believe the laws of physics have to be the same, otherwise the Questions and Badass Versus threads wouldn't nearly be as long.

I just be counterfeiting the currency.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeWannabe View Post
    But they still need some basis in reality. Hell, even most of us subconsciously believe the laws of physics have to be the same, otherwise the Questions and Badass Versus threads wouldn't nearly be as long.
    Sure, things are probably superficially the same. But I think the point is that you can't just look at something and say "that's impossible because of (real world reason)", nor can you presume that things must be a certain way based off of (possible real world explanation for anomalous physical effect). Things just happen because they happen. There's a lot of lolmagic and rule of cool thrown around, all mixed in with simple misunderstanding of science on the part of the author where applicable.

Side note : Does anyone have typemoon's official email address? Its probably on their site, but it will be a bit difficult to find if you cant read japanese.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Counterguardian's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No idea, but there's a questions thread for stuff like this.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    Erm, what?

I don't ever complain about the fact that they do a bunch of magical stuff which just can't work. What I complain about is when they aren't consistent about it (or people assume they shouldn't be), for instance having a world which is identical to ours but without the same laws of physics applying to normal people.

A fictional world will never be "identical" to ours regardless of how knowledgeable the author is, it is just a natural result only being able to know so much.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, but we have no evidence that the Nasuverse doesn't obey fundamental physics, and therefore we should assume that it does.

My problem is when people counter arguments like "they can't move faster than the speed of light" and "well, if Aoko can travel through time, then she can also travel through space, by basic physics" with "well, basic physics doesn't apply to the Nasuverse". Yes, it does, unless and until it is proven otherwise.