This'll be the first year, but I suppose we can start now. This won't be a huge contest, anyway.
So, to begin. This is a thread for a Secret Santa contest, a more informal affair than the usual contests we get around here. Basically, this works as a sort of fic exchange, in which members may anonymously submit ideas or premises, and later receive another's premise in turn to write in exchange. And in the end, all the fics will be posted and the community gets to vote for which of their fics were their favorite. And so on. Without further ado...
A General Summary:
- Participants will submit their ideas or fic premises, one per participant. PM them to me. You may post them publicly if you like, but keeping them anonymous is funner, honestly.
- Once the deadline's up, participants are then given a fic premise for them to write.
- Before the writing deadline is up, participants may send their fics to me. Once the deadline's up, all the fics will be posted anonymously into one megathread.
- The community (so, not only limited to participants, even non-fic writers may participate) then votes on the most favorited fics out of all the submission. Rather than judging with points and categories and actual judges, anyone can simply vote for their favorite fics, and tally up their votes. Votes for your own fic will not be counted.
Rules and Guidelines:
- Participants that submit ideas must write an idea in turn. This can't quite be enforced, but don't be a shitter and try to mooch a free fic off this contest and not even bother try write anything in turn, not even as a joke. Especially not as a joke. If you find yourself unable to finish in time, a half-done fic is better than no fic at all.
- On a less harsh note, don't be pressured to make your fics like 20k word epics. Shorter drabbles, like only 1-2k words, will be just fine.
- Similarly, try keep your submitted fic pitches flexible. Please don't try request super long fics, and try to keep one-shot or drabble ideas in mind. We don't have much time to write, so please be considerate of others.
- TYPE-MOON fics/premises only. Don't request crossovers, even if one side is TYPE-MOON. This is mostly for fairness, so that people won't find themselves writing, say, a Blazblue crossover when they can't be expected to have any Blazblue knowledge.
- Not a rule, but it may help to note what parts of the Nasuverse one is familiar with, and what works they've consumed enough to be comfortable writing. It'd be bad for everyone if people got pitches that they know nothing about.
Link to Fic Entry Thread
Link to Voting Thread
Pitched ideas will be displayed publicly here, so you have time to think before pitches are distributed.
As for prizes, I don't have much to offer, but I will at least offer this: The grand prize winner may choose to either have a scene of their fic illustrated, or may instead choose to have an illustration of a character of their choice. Here's sort of a sample of what I have drawn in the past. Not professional, but it's something. Prizes go to the writer, not the one who wrote the prompt.
Prompt submissions are closed. Fics are to be submitted by 12/24, 11:59 PM EST. You may submit your completed fic through PM, or link me a file over Discord or IRC.