Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 510131415

Thread: The Beast's Lair Secret Santa Contest! (2016) [Submission Deadline 12/24]

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Asunder's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Since the voting is done, I was the one that wrote the Okita prompt. Sorry if the grammar was off, I left some parts to the last second so I could throw in Solomon stuff but I hope whoever submitted that prompt still enjoyed it.

Blog Entries
    Jesus, I had nightmares about that prompt.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    Jesus, I had nightmares about that prompt.
    Working on it, or...?
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    Well I stayed mostly silent to see how folks would judge my work and it seemed to be pretty positive so I'll reveal that I went ahead and wrote Winter Woes of the Backalley Alliance. Just a shame that my Roa in another Tohno's body fic didn't get written, oh well.

Blog Entries
    Of having to actually do it, yes.
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Asunder View Post
    Since the voting is done, I was the one that wrote the Okita prompt. Sorry if the grammar was off, I left some parts to the last second so I could throw in Solomon stuff but I hope whoever submitted that prompt still enjoyed it.
    No tankas ;_;

I enjoyed the rest of it well enough, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TwilightsCall View Post
    In the end, I think all evidence we have seems to point to the fact that everything would be fine.
    Hm, makes sense.
    Poor Ciel. Can't even hope for a miracle intervention by Gaia, the Counter Force or what have you.

Dueling with Giant Robots to achieve Understanding naschyamamoto's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Mine was the Untitled 3, or the Taiga fic. The first part of the fic (up through the end of Taiga's retrospection) I wrote in the month after I got the prompt, and the rest I wrote in the last five days before the deadline. I did have a version of the story where most of the super-Tora-Shinai stuff was left out, but then i thought it was too short. Oh well.

Thanks again for the contest, Kirby. Getting off my lazy ass to write this was a lot of fun, and I'm still feeling fired up by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    There was contributing. And suggestions and . . . okay a bunch of people demanding me to write this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    Well yeah, that last one always happens.

https://youtu.be/W3KYx1WDqBw Raylen Cypher's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Ask in PM.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Asunder View Post
    I liked it. I didn't specifically write "lemon" or "sex scene" in it, but it still passes since it was heavily implied that they did it, thus fulfilling the Adult romance quota. I assumed as much that you waited until the ending of F/GO 1 for new material to work with. I did the same since I felt mine was too short.

If you ever decide to finish what you were going to start *wink nudge*, I'd of course be ecstatic.
    Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes
    A world where tragedy is the only measure by which a narrative holds value is not one I am going to live in even where the circumstances in a particular work are tragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    If an adult themed work can have graphic slaughter and the like, it can have sex. Just do it competently if you want to go explicit.
    How dare you she's a married woman
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    No but why ask him to pull out right before the end tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    God is dead and I'm gonna kiss all his cute girl saints
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    MAMA BURST
    A Writer's Fate
    F/GO JP (Updated: 4/11/2019)

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    Well, what to say?

Wanderers was a good effort. A fairly reasonable blending of the two settings, and to a clear purpose. Welcome to lolicon land Raff.

Paradox Eclipse made good use of the parallels in the two settings, and from your blog post, I can see that You approached it in a different way than directly imagined. Seeing things from their conclusion was perfectly alright, since I'd never put any thought into the way one would approach their initial meeting.

I thought that The Winter Woes of the Backalley Alliance was good in the cant of a Disney movie, though it could have used some tightening up. I think I would watch it if was animated.

As for the things I take responsibility for, Prodigal Son, and the first two Untitled entries.

The Lion King prompt, I frankly had no idea how to approach. As for the KnK Dead Apostle prompt, I would ask that you wait a bit longer for a proper payoff. There's enough coming your way to make up for it.

Presia messe noce yor tes mea TwilightsCall's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyvale View Post
    As for the KnK Dead Apostle prompt, I would ask that you wait a bit longer for a proper payoff. There's enough coming your way to make up for it.
    God bless you, child

By the way, Kirby, once your drawing is done, would you mind letting us know here? I'd like to see it, too! :-)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, sure
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Is that the fastest that a contest prize has ever been delivered?

Good show, Kirby. Good show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Presia messe noce yor tes mea TwilightsCall's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    holy shit that's beautiful

Dueling with Giant Robots to achieve Understanding naschyamamoto's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    That is amazing, awesome work Kirby

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    There was contributing. And suggestions and . . . okay a bunch of people demanding me to write this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    Well yeah, that last one always happens.

Indeed, that's lovely, Kirby! I don't suppose I could persuade you to draw one for second and third places, too? :-P