Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kono Sekai wa Kyuuki ga Yomenai - High School Roleplay (OOC)

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Kono Sekai wa Kyuuki ga Yomenai - High School Roleplay (OOC)

"Hey. Wanna know?"

"About what?"

"Well... you know."

"Tell me."

"About how to make your life interesting?"

Kono Sekai wa Kyuuki ga Yomenai
    A High School Roleplay

Kono Sekai wa Kyuuki ga Yomenai is a roleplay about everyday lives of high school students, and their eternal quest of trying to find meaning in their existence. In a world without exciting battles or dazzling mysteries it is sometimes hard to find a reason to go on. It's exactly for this reason that sometimes, drastic measures need to be taken. Sometimes you need to make your own adventure when your life offers you none. Five students of Azamori High School have realized this, and therefore, taken their fates into their own hands.

This is a tale of their futile struggles against life itself.

In short, Kono Sekai wa Kyuuki ga Yomenai, or KonoYome in short, is a roleplay specifically designed to be an antithesis for most of the roleplays found on this site. Want battles? Or horror? Some fantasy? Maybe scifi? Then get out, for this it not a roleplay for you. The point of this roleplay is to be annoyingly mundane, even if interpersonal relationships and school life is viewed through a thick lense of anime. If you want something to compare the basic mood, I would say it's somewhere between Suzumiya Haruhi-series without the supernatural and Yume Miru Kusuri.

Being an adolescent youth is not always easy - that's exactly why this roleplay exists.

If something different garners your interest, feel free to send me a character sheet through PMs here on Beast's Lair. More questions can be asked either in this thread or on IRC, on #regalia channel. Just keep in mind when making these sheets that most of this roleplay's interest and plot comes from how interesting the characters themselves are; though without the basic spices of powers and other fantastical elements, this may require a bit more effort than usual.

Still, not everything is gloomy introspective about life. After all, this is a goddamn high school roleplay. So except fair share of hijinks and general Slice-of-Life goodness to be bombarded towards players. If anything, this is a roleplay without stress or high stakes. Thus, feel free to think this as a break from all the high-concept action roleplays; I certainly will. For me as the Game Master, KonoYome will be something of a healing work.

I will be accepting five (5) players into this roleplay, as I want to keep it small in scope. Rulebook for creating your characters can be found here. The maximum deadline will be one week from now, 2nd of October. However, if I get five acceptable sheets before that, I can start this roleplay even earlier.

Accepted Players:

1. Airen
    2. Prix of Heroes
    3. tobias
    4. palad1n
    5. arkturus
    6. Kuroyuki

Sheets Gotten: Skull Leader, Prix of Heroes, tobias, palad1n, Kuroyuki, Airen, hero, arkturus, Janx

NPC Information
    Kikikaikai Shakuma

奇奇怪怪 尺魔
    Kikikaikai Shakuma

Type:
    Kikai
    Bizarre

ATH: X / ACA: X / ART: X / AFF: X / ALL: X
    A former alumni of Azamori High, currently in university in nearby city. Often called
    モルダー 先輩
    Mulder-senpai
    , she created and captained the X-Club during her time as a student in Azamori, searching all around the city for mysteries and miracles to witness. The club was disbanded on the same year she graduated. She has now returned to Kasasagi for yet unknown reasons, and contacted six students of Azamori High School via a text message. She was waiting for them at the rooftop of the school.

Sonokono Komomo

其此 こもも
    Sonokono Komomo

Type: Prep
    ATH: E / ACA: B / ART: C / AFF: B / ALL: E
    The current Student Council President of the Azamori High School. A rather unliked individual who got her current position with sweet words and outright fabrication of a personality. Once she got the seat of power, she revealed her true personality. Holds grudges for a long time and is extremely petty when it comes to what she perceives as insults towards her. It is only thanks to the combined efforts of the rest of the student council that the school has not suffered more under her 'reign'. Very sensitive about mispronouncing of her name, or adding one too many 'Mo's' to it.
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; October 9th, 2016 at 08:32 PM.

Interesting premise, good luck

fuck it i've lost control of my life

im in

Against all odds, I'm actually interested.
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

Can we null multiple attributes?
    Collection of cherished moments
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    I'LL KILL YOU PLUE
    <Zagrin> I'll kill ya Plue

love me until I love myself Prix with a Silent X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The how-to manual for this is quite beautiful. I felt I must commend you, OP.
    Imagine that the world is made out of love. Now imagine that it isn’t.

Imagine a story where everything goes wrong, where everyone has their back against the wall, where everyone is in pain and acting selfishly because if they don’t, they’ll die.
    Imagine a story, not of good against evil, but of need against need against need, where everyone is at cross-purposes and everyone is to blame.

Blog of Fiction for You to Consume
    Other Links

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Let Sakura say fuck and eat junkfood you weirdos.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Plue View Post
    Can we null multiple attributes?
    Only one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Verg Avesta View Post
    Only one.
    Alright, I have a question. For the 'Worklife' thing, is it possible that over the course of the RP a character might start doing something for money? That seems like something that might just happen in the course of a teenager's development, so it might not be determined at the beginning. If so, would a person need to save a point for that if maybe this is something to be decided later?

Sorry if this is a silly question. I haven't done one of these before.

Imagine a story where everything goes wrong, where everyone has their back against the wall, where everyone is in pain and acting selfishly because if they don’t, they’ll die.
    Imagine a story, not of good against evil, but of need against need against need, where everyone is at cross-purposes and everyone is to blame.

Other Links

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes View Post
    Alright, I have a question. For the 'Worklife' thing, is it possible that over the course of the RP a character might start doing something for money? That seems like something that might just happen in the course of a teenager's development, so it might not be determined at the beginning. If so, would a person need to save a point for that if maybe this is something to be decided later?

Sorry if this is a silly question. I haven't done one of these before.
    That's actually a very good question. Indeed, abilities can be acquired through gameplay by either training or by getting aforementioned job. Mind you they then start at lowest possible rank, but that's just to show natural progress. You do not need to save a point for this.
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; September 26th, 2016 at 02:34 AM.

Blog Entries
    son of a bitch, this is why I have been trying not to let myself read new RP threads

...all right, ill see what I can do
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    sheesh, I think thats the largest char sheet I have ever wrote. anyway, sent that away.

one lingering question I had related to abilities though. From the reading, it looked to me like abilities, unlike attributes, didnt gift you rank E for free. so while in attributes if you wanted an A rank you spent 4 points, but in abilities, you would have to spend 5 barring attribute based bonuses.

I built the care sheet as if that were the case, but I wasn't 100% certain you weren't supposed to have at least E in everything. if you are, I need to rewrite that whole thing a great deal.

In particular, I have 5 points spent to A rank boxed lunch creation that would need to be redone in order to avoid having accidentally made the first EX ranked cooking skill.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    I-It's not like I've wanted a SoL RP or anything idiot!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    sheesh, I think thats the largest char sheet I have ever wrote. anyway, sent that away.

one lingering question I had related to abilities though. From the reading, it looked to me like abilities, unlike attributes, didnt gift you rank E for free. so while in attributes if you wanted an A rank you spent 4 points, but in abilities, you would have to spend 5 barring attribute based bonuses.

I built the care sheet as if that were the case, but I wasn't 100% certain you weren't supposed to have at least E in everything. if you are, I need to rewrite that whole thing a great deal.

In particular, I have 5 points spent to A rank boxed lunch creation that would need to be redone in order to avoid having accidentally made the first EX ranked cooking skill.
    If I'm understanding your concern, I THINK all attributes start at Rank E unless you null one.

Other Links

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post

Attributes start at E, abilities don't unless there are free ranks gifted by attributes.

Blog Entries
    Okay, from the looks of it, I will be very busy this saturday and sunday, the latter when this was going to start. My friday is free, though, so if we can get sheets then, we could start on Friday. Otherwise it might be pushed back to monday.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Verg Avesta View Post
    Attributes start at E, abilities don't unless there are free ranks gifted by attributes.
    Right, that's what I thought, ok cool.

Blog Entries
    Okay, I've gotten seven sheets so far, with one that's on its way apparently. If there are still some being worked, please let me known. As I have not heard of anyone else's interest, if this eight one proves to be the last, I'll start evaluating and choosing sheets afterwards.

Some statistics: Jock and Artist are the most popular types, but only by very little. Otherwise they are spread rather evenly, with Preps being the only Type not represented. Predominantly male characters, over half of the sheets being boys rather than girls. Little sisters are popular family members. The most popular ability (other than hobby) seems to be at least few ranks in cooking.

Blog Entries
    ....sonafabitch

can I rewrite my whole char sheet? No? *grumble grumble ratzlefratzin*

thats what I get for trying to second guess the crowd and aiming away from preps, assuming everyone would be mainlining charisma

Blog Entries
    Ideally each of the five players would represent one of the Types, but that's not actually required.

I guess I'm late to the party but i guess ill try something during teh weekend