Page 116 of 388 FirstFirst ... 1666106111114115116117118121126166216 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 7759

Thread: Things that annoy you in TM

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    JP Friend Code
    Is that better or worse than the obvious ninja turtle association for Leonardo.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Dude, I'm just hoping for the day when we have Leonardo, Michaelangelo, Donatello and Raphael all as playable Servants. If Type Moon doesn't exploit the gag then we must riot.

Odd little curiosity: the Ninja Turtles used the 'summon long dead historical figures to fight for you' shtick long before Fate/Stay Night existed.

http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2012/...-vol-1-42.html

This story has Edgar Allan Poe, Robert E. Howard, Da Vinci, Bruce Lee, Mae West, and sorta, H.P. Lovecraft, and the eventual sequel has Merlin! The real Fate Prototype!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Dude, I'm just hoping for the day when we have Leonardo, Michaelangelo, Donatello and Raphael all as playable Servants. If Type Moon doesn't exploit the gag then we must riot.

Odd little curiosity: the Ninja Turtles used the 'summon long dead historical figures to fight for you' shtick long before Fate/Stay Night existed.

http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2012/...-vol-1-42.html

This story has Edgar Allan Poe, Robert E. Howard, Da Vinci, Bruce Lee, Mae West, and sorta, H.P. Lovecraft, and the eventual sequel has Merlin! The real Fate Prototype!
    Sadly Michaelangelo is not a Heroic Spirit for some reason.

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/...ated_spoilers/

US Friend Code
    Still call bullshit on that, and will forever do so until either is retcon or at least they give a freaking reason why he can't even with his fame. I mean from it looks like you just can't chose not to be a Heroic Spirit even if you don't want to. I mean look at Zade for instance.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Eh, multiple timelines. Even if the Michaelangelo Da Vinci knew couldn't be a Heroic Spirit, there's always the Michaelangelo from another reality who is probably a Loli or has a bull's head or something.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    SSR Quick Caster Michelle Angela, who remodelled herself from a buff, Davidesque man into a loli in pursuit of her ideal of beauty, and hijacks Da Vinci's shop for the duration of her event
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Does she say "Cowabunga dudes"?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Eh, multiple timelines. Even if the Michaelangelo Da Vinci knew couldn't be a Heroic Spirit, there's always the Michaelangelo from another reality who is probably a Loli or has a bull's head or something.
    unless its QTL'd

- - - Updated - - -

QTL is the TM OTL
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

It's a thing that annoys me.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lace View Post
    Actually you can't refer to the historic figure Da Vinci as a man anymore Type Moon has retconned history itself.
    Sure can.

Da vincinonly woman after summon.
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Blog Entries
    I dont get it.

Brb sudoku.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle NekoArcDragonhound's Avatar
    Didn't Da Vinci briefly relish the fact Michelangelo is not any where as famous as they are. Summoning Michel would just turn Da Vinci and them into another Edison and Telsa duo.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NekoArcDragonhound View Post
    Didn't Da Vinci briefly relish the fact Michelangelo is not any where as famous as they are. Summoning Michel would just turn Da Vinci and them into another Edison and Telsa duo.
    That's... not really how i read their relationship at all?

Da Vinci: Ahaha. You got me there. Like you said, I won’t make mistakes. I am omnipotent. I am omnipotent just like how the people wished I was.
    Da Vinci: That is why I am a little let down this time. I did not want to meet again in this fashion. There was no one that could step on the same ground as me in my age. Because I was a genius. Not just any genius, but an “omnipotent genius”. My born talents were not only limited to one field. Art, sculpting, architecture, weaponry, wood crafting, dissecting, natural science…oh yes, even magic. To me all fields were like my playground. No one was beside me. They all followed me from behind.
    Mashu: …
    Roman: Leonardo…
    Da Vinci: However. If it was a certain few fields…then there was someone on my level. Like say, yeah…like you.
    Da Vinci: Farewell, Michelangelo. While only in the artistic field…you were my beloved friend who stood beside me with talents nowhere below mine. Out of all places, why did you wander the archives of the mage association? Perhaps…a spirit wandering around the Great Britain Museum fell down due to the irregularities of the singularity? Hahaha. Well, it might be that kind of stupid answers anyway.Fou: Fou, fou.
    Da Vinci: However…Michelangelo. I was relieved. That you did not become a heroic spirit. At least, your soul can now rest in peace. Goodnight. The other Uomo Universale that could not become like me.
    Roman: …
    Mashu: …Da Vinci-chan.
    Fou: Fou…
    Guda:
    Did you have a special relationship with him? /
    [->]Lovers?
    Da Vinci: Hm…I wonder. He was a lot more special compared to the others, but how should I describe our relationship. I’m a genius. He’s also a genius. You know who Michelangelo is right?
    Mashu: Y-yes. Michelangelo is known as a great artist during the Renaissance. He was said to be a genius especially in the fields of sculpting, art and design.
    Da Vinci: Yup. I liked his sculpture of David. …well, yeah. I liked him. I don’t know if it was love though.
    Roman: …
    Guda: More than Mona Lisa?
    Da Vinci: Nah, definitely not.

Da Vinci seemed to appreciate having someone on their level and there's a lot more open love there. ;.;

Signature by fumato

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Interesting, I think in RL Leo was an older dude than Michaelangelo where Mikey was the hot new upstart who threw shade at him.

Sure can.

Da vincinonly woman after summon.
    Me, reading a Wikipedia article about Da Vinci: This page contains outdated information, that's a woman.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    That's... not really how i read their relationship at all?

Da Vinci seemed to appreciate having someone on their level and there's a lot more open love there. ;.;
    But there's also this from Agartha

Da Vinci-chan would like to believe that this is because of the memory loss but it is a shock to hear that. Then 'she' continued by asking Rider if he has heard of the name Michelangelo.
    Rider answered that he also doesn't recognize the name. Da Vinci seemed to shine as 'she' heard that.
    "Hou? Well... of course. Even though he is a friend, he's just an artist after all. There's no way his fame could be compared to the almighty person who is not bound by art such as me."
    "No, I don't really need to ask to know that, but I thought I'd confirm it."
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    But there's also this from Agartha
    that doesnt really deny the previous statement tho

Not getting Michelangelo does sound disappointing, if their actual exchanges are anything to go by
    At the same moment Michelangelo passed and, one of the crowd calling to him, Leonardo said: ‘Michelangelo will be able to tell you what it means.’ To which Michelangelo, thinking this had been said to entrap him, replied: ‘No, explain it yourself, horse-modeller that you are, who, unable to cast a statue in bronze, were forced to give up the attempt in shame.’ So saying, he turned his back on them and left. Leonardo remained silent and blushed at these words.
    https://www.google.hr/amp/s/100swall...-da-vinci/amp/

They had completely different approaches and personalities, but were probably constantly compared and mentioned to one another, kind of how these days the press comparing one celebrity to another epically annoys them. Renaissance artists were kind of proto celebrities.