Page 19 of 388 FirstFirst ... 9141718192021242969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that annoy you in TM

It's still a hell of a lot more complicated than that in reality. When two sides fight, it doesn't necessarily mean that one side is wrong and has to be killed to save those who are right.

And understanding that means reducing the maxim to more specific situations, which makes it rather less quotable. It's like the "Sheep in Scotland are black" thing.
    Last edited by Walnut Sparks; October 3rd, 2016 at 11:31 AM.
    O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    It's still a hell of a lot more complicated than that in Nasuverse, but Shirou and Kiritsugu are very chuuni.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Walnut Sparks View Post
    It's still a hell of a lot more complicated than that in reality. When two sides fight, it doesn't necessarily mean that one side is wrong and has to be killed to save those who are right.
    the thing is if two sides fight you can't save both sides
    unless you're arash
    and even then arash didn't save the people who already died
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    You'll notice that Saber had a similar methodology but that's not even a particular issue for her because there were other concerns.

- - - Updated - - -

When two sides fight, it doesn't necessarily mean that one side is wrong and has to be killed to save those who are right.
    Are you even paying attention to the story, because "right" and "wrong" are not the concern here.

マリーの味方
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    Looking back on Zero, this is far more obvious than it seemed when I first saw it.

Zero also treated its female characters rather poorly, nearly all ended up dead or depressed- half the time to fuel another's trauma
    zero treated the majority of its characters poorly, mate

Kirei's deal was okay all things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    It's still a hell of a lot more complicated than that in Nasuverse, but Shirou and Kiritsugu are very chuuni.
    Okay. Call it me being annoyed at the way the protagonists talk about it like it's a natural law. It still comes off as disconnected from reality.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    the thing is if two sides fight you can't save both sides
    Only under the condition that they're determined to destroy each other and can't be dissuaded or brought to heel.
    O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Only under the condition that they're determined to destroy each other and can't be dissuaded or brought to heel.
    Which is the condition Counter Guardians are summoned into and the places Shirou and Kiritsugu deliberately sought, it's like they're a last resort or something.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    Zero also treated its female characters rather poorly, nearly all ended up dead or depressed- half the time to fuel another's trauma
    Only half?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Only half?
    Rin got to save her friend! And Kotone lived!

- - - Updated - - -

And uh, dying was already in Assassin's package so really she wasn't getting anything better there.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Which is the condition Counter Guardians are summoned into and the places Shirou and Kiritsugu deliberately sought, it's like they're a last resort or something.
    So the main points of view are limited and skewed. I can find that annoying.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    1% of Assassin's personalities doesn't count IMO

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    So the main points of view are limited and skewed. I can find that annoying.
    You would prefer it if the main points of view are unlimited and completely impartial? That'd be weird.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasu, Zero vol.1 Afterword
    Then, we began to discuss about it:

“Speaking of, what is the fourth war about?”

“Hum – Saber getting bullied by Gilgamesh and Alexander!”

I answered unceremoniously.

In my mind, there are two main points in the fourth Heaven’s Feel.

One is Saber’s setback.

King Arthur, who ruled her people as the model human. The selfless and devoted, just and uncorrupted Artoria.

The absolute commander who surpassed mortals, the majestic Gilgamesh.

And the extrovert king whom some called a tyrant, but still held his belief that he’ll bring his people to happiness. The King of Conquerors, Alexander, who ruled the world as a man.

Using the intensive conflict between the three to unravel Saber’s story in Zero.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Material
    Going in, the original author entrusted me with just three pieces of information regarding Alexander: his true name, the Noble Phantasm called "Army of the King", and the fact that there must be a development where Saber comes to reconsider her own kingship through her conflict with him and Gilgamesh.
    (All of which is basically from the Side Material entry anyway. Part of the extra stuff they added to the dictionary with Hollow?)
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

You would prefer it if the main points of view are unlimited and completely impartial? That'd be weird.
    I would prefer it if they had a modicum more imagination and awareness of how limited their experiences are. I don't like it when anyone seems to think their experiences are universal truth.
    Last edited by Walnut Sparks; October 3rd, 2016 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner View Post
    i mean, he's basically guy who starts smoking again because he's been diagnosed with cancer
    No morals is his natural state of being that he'd been neglecting his whole life, so arguably it's actually healthier for him.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AvengerEmiya's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Material View Post
    Going in, the original author entrusted me with just three pieces of information regarding Alexander: his true name, the Noble Phantasm called "Army of the King", and the fact that there must be a development where Saber comes to reconsider her own kingship through her conflict with him and Gilgamesh.
    It would have been more interesting if Iskander and Saber both had flaws in their ideologies and, from their interactions with each other, came to realize how much they were fixated on maintaining their respective sophistries instead of being frank about how they failed in certain areas.

Instead we got Iskander being right about everything and Saber being wrong about everything, despite some of Iskander's arguments being fallacious and some of Saber's arguments being fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andaeus View Post
    Oh, fun! How often does a story actually leave the Idea Thread?
    Fate/Grand Order Doujins That Don't Suck [Updated: 3/2]

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    (All of which is basically from the Side Material entry anyway. Part of the extra stuff they added to the dictionary with Hollow?)
    I find the concept rather fine, all things considered, but Uro chose a really bad way to execute it.

I still think the banquet of the kings was really silly and bad.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    It would have been more interesting if Iskander and Saber both had flaws in their ideologies and, from their interactions with each other, came to realize how much they were fixated on maintaining their respective sophistries instead of being frank about how they failed in certain areas.

Instead we got Iskander being right about everything and Saber being wrong about everything, despite some of Iskander's arguments being fallacious and some of Saber's arguments being fair.
    Part of the problem is probably unavoidable given Zero's nature as a prequel, honestly. Saber can't come to any perspective-shifting realizations about her life as a king because we know from Stay Night that she remains dead-set on her 'kings should remain perfect and self-sacrificing forever' ideology up until meeting Shirou. So the kingship debate ultimately can't really go anywhere or affect Saber in any meaningful way other then getting her to angst more.

Not to say it can't still be interesting anyways, but I can see if that's what bothers some people about the whole thing.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    zero treated the majority of its characters poorly, mate
    List of people who were better off after Zero: Kirei, Gilgamesh, Waver, Kiritsugu (Arguably as he was with Shirou)

My point being women were consistently screwed over in the story arc of Zero while the likes of Iskander had the ground he walked on worshipped and all his faults ignored.

- - - Updated - - -

It's rather misogynistic in hindsight