Page 209 of 388 FirstFirst ... 109159199204207208209210211214219259309 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,180 of 7759

Thread: Things that annoy you in TM

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    iirc
    [At the end doesn't Shiki have enough of this shit and wake em all up by killing a Touko projector that was casting the girls in these repeating slasher pics?]
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    It never got fully TL'd, but the Reien girls met up for a horror movie night and got attacked by zombies. All I remember of it was an extremely serious line about the Reien student unrivaled in both combat strength and bust size, Asagami Fujino---! or something like that.
    It got fully TL'd
    It's in the translation section

- - - Updated - - -

It all started going wrong with Zero and historical figure Alexander the Great.
    It started to go wrong with the drop of that fateful eraser
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Damn, posted this in the wrong thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Honestly though, there is just more "potential" in Fate than in the other franchises imo.
    Hm, I don't know if that's a fair assessment. Shirou's, Saber's, Rin's and Sakura's stories are more or less finished by the end of Fate. Sure, we know they all have aspirations beyond the Grail War, but do we really need to see those being explored in-depth? (I'm not saying they couldn't be, I'm arguing whether it would really add anything to the characters.) The franchise's storytelling potential lies mostly in the concepts of Servants and the Throne of Heroes, the differences between real-life history and Nasuverse history, the dichotomy between "reality" and "myth", etc., not in the main characters and themes of the original work. Meanwhile, Tsukihime, at least, also has potential in the Dead Apostles and the Dead Apostles Ancestors, the Church, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    There was never a point at which it 'started' going wrong. It was, at every point, always already going wrong. If you try to pedestalise any given period of TM as a prelapsarian golden age you've already lost. The crisis is the normal state of affairs.
    So basically like any other creative affair. Alright.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    tfw you have to rely on a blind schoolgirl to save you from zombies
    You don't understand, having a cute girl be a badass is always the best.
    The blindness gives more moe and cute points, while at the same time, gives badass points.
    Of course, if the execution is bad, then it's a shame.

but do we really need to see those being explored in-depth? (I'm not saying they couldn't be, I'm arguing whether it would really add anything to the characters.)
    Well, even if you hear this from a Sakura fan, I think it's true regardless. She got a mentor on her own and it's a member of the Church, helping her create a magic tool of her own. It would imo, be an uplifting story to have that part of her life shown since Hollow deliberately doesn't and it's offscreen, plus that whole part where she has her own network of contacts at the CT.
    As for Shirou and Rin, Shirou could have interesting stories made about the path he walks. Nasu probably doesn't want to so that he keeps at least some mystique for Archer, since while they'll have differing outcomes, the road walked was very similiar(maybe not in HF, but who knows), so it removes the allure of EMIYA'S past being cryptic.
    With Rin, you could have more CT stories and it would be the chance for Nasu to do his own take on Luvia in full. Plus add more stuff about Magicians and what it means to be an official apprentice to one, meaning more lore.

I mean hell, call me biased, but post HF has lots of chances for lore gold. The Church, Magic and Magicians, the CT, and more.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    You don't understand, having a cute girl be a badass is always the best.The blindness gives more moe and cute points, while at the same time, gives badass points.Of course, if the execution is bad, then it's a shame.
    Do you ever think an ugly, blind male gonk being badass would work?
    Well, even if you hear this from a Sakura fan, I think it's true regardless. She got a mentor on her own and it's a member of the Church, helping her create a magic tool of her own. It would imo, be an uplifting story to have that part of her life shown since Hollow deliberately doesn't and it's offscreen, plus that whole part where she has her own network of contacts at the CT.
    Beyond Rin, who else would Sakura have as a contact?

And I wouldn't mind seeing stuff about Rider teaching Sakura stuffx as mentioned in HA. I remember Shirou noticing the Cursed Eye pattern in the wallpaper of Sakura's room in that scenario where Shinji & he go to look at her diary.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Hm, I don't know if that's a fair assessment. Shirou's, Saber's, Rin's and Sakura's stories are more or less finished by the end of Fate. Sure, we know they all have aspirations beyond the Grail War, but do we really need to see those being explored in-depth? (I'm not saying they couldn't be, I'm arguing whether it would really add anything to the characters.) The franchise's storytelling potential lies mostly in the concepts of Servants and the Throne of Heroes, the differences between real-life history and Nasuverse history, the dichotomy between "reality" and "myth", etc., not in the main characters and themes of the original work. Meanwhile, Tsukihime, at least, also has potential in the Dead Apostles and the Dead Apostles Ancestors, the Church, etc.
    I would definitely contest this. Both Tsumihime & Fate/Stay Night revolve heavily around the ir main characters. Frankly people probably were going to be less interested in Tsukihime 2 if it didn't have Ciel speaking with Merem about super T.Shiki assassinating a DAA.

And both Tsukihime & Fate/Stay Night allow for stories beyond Misaki & Fuyuki, it's just that in the case of Fate the Grail Wars are money milking machines so TM focuses more on thst because it's a business.
    Last edited by warellis; July 22nd, 2018 at 11:39 AM.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    I mean, Zatoichi isn't exactly portrayed by Heath Ledger in most of his films.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Well, even if you hear this from a Sakura fan, I think it's true regardless. [...]
    As for Shirou and Rin, Shirou could have interesting stories made about the path he walks. [...]
    With Rin, you could have more CT stories and it would be the chance for Nasu to do his own take on Luvia in full. Plus add more stuff about Magicians and what it means to be an official apprentice to one, meaning more lore.

I mean hell, call me biased, but post HF has lots of chances for lore gold. The Church, Magic and Magicians, the CT, and more.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    You could easily have a continuation story from the Fate or UBW routes, detailing Shirou's adventures as a travelling do-gooder [...]
    Eh, I'm not saying there aren't any plotlines which could be followed after the novel, I only wonder whether there would be much of a point in following said plotlines, especially when a lot of that setting information might be better explored with different characters.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm just thinking it's better to work with characters we're already familiar with, and it would depend on who was picked if we said they were "better".
    The protagonists for FSN are suited for use for future stories, but even my example where I said Sakura had contacts (this also answers warellis' question, since she had to have someone who passed word Rin was in trouble at one point)
    would require newer characters, there are already enough established ones to make a decent story out of it to supplement them. We aren't exactly lacking for characters to use, just a setting to use them in.
    Nasu himself would probably take back saying that Rin or Shiro or Sakura's stories are complete if he had the interest strike him. Kinda like how Kamachi is gonna make a thousand sidestories from Index by the time it's done and dusted.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Essentially the biggest issue with Tsukihime & Fate is that because both heavily revolve around their main characters, Nasu didn't think of expanding on potential side story ideas until much later?

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    I don't think it's a case of "didn't think of expanding on side stories" so much as "didn't know if would have a chance to."

US Friend Code
    Kinda wish Durindana had a cooler effect or that it can be made more apparent. It's supposed to be very sharp, the model for Durandal the unbroken sword, but I have a hard time seeing it as special compared to the other high tier NPs. The fact we know it can be blocked by Rho Aias doesn't help tho Rho itself is also supposed to be more impressive then how it appears. Maybe seeing how special it's sharpness is compared to the other top NPs would help I guess, like having it be able to deal some damage to sun-buff Gawain or having it being capable to deal Siegfried wounds not because of his skill like Karna but just how sharp it is. You know stuff like that. I wish there be a chance to see stuff like that if it even can do.

Also same to Rho Aias. Give us Ajax for we to see him tank all kinds of projectiles.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

If Durindana or Caladbolg had done this I would have been satisfied

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    If Durindana or Caladbolg had done this I would have been satisfied
    Caladbolg does more than that

US Friend Code
    Well Calabolg actually has done something on that scale in Agartha so that's 1 out of 2

- - - Updated - - -

Snipe

anywhere than here

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    That wasn't Caladbolg, that was just Fergus's balls finally dropping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    *snicker*
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Kinda wish Durindana had a cooler effect or that it can be made more apparent. It's supposed to be very sharp, the model for Durandal the unbroken sword, but I have a hard time seeing it as special compared to the other high tier NPs. The fact we know it can be blocked by Rho Aias doesn't help tho Rho itself is also supposed to be more impressive then how it appears. Maybe seeing how special it's sharpness is compared to the other top NPs would help I guess, like having it be able to deal some damage to sun-buff Gawain or having it being capable to deal Siegfried wounds not because of his skill like Karna but just how sharp it is. You know stuff like that. I wish there be a chance to see stuff like that if it even can do.

Also same to Rho Aias. Give us Ajax for we to see him tank all kinds of projectiles.
    iirc, the power of Durandal come from having a holy relic inside its pommel actually, so it's ok for durindana not being so cool, I guess

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuff_Wuff View Post
    iirc, the power of Durandal come from having a holy relic inside its pommel actually, so it's ok for durindana not being so cool, I guess
    Kinda but not. Prototypes trump newer models, that's how Nasu Verse NPs work. The holy relic would probably make Durandal a beam sword but it's indestructible nature comes from Hektor, thus me wanting to see that more emphasised.

anywhere than here

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Would Durindana actually be the prototype for Durundal when it's the same sword reshaped? Seems like they might just register as the same thing. It's not like Caliburn where one is the idea for the other.

Wait, they're called different things when one doesn't have the relics and other does? I must not have noticed that when people told about them.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs