Page 180 of 388 FirstFirst ... 80130170175178179180181182185190230280 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,600 of 7759

Thread: Things that annoy you in TM

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    reminder that living achilles isnt servant achilles

in particular that comet form is manifestation of legend

- - - Updated - - -

Atalante practical skill being barely shown/not explicitly in like any media she came up on

super acrobat rank C and counter specialized instinct-ish skill rank B (A?) sounds amazing but it never really came up far as i know
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    On what basis

he never fought Achilles until he killed Patroclus and when the fight happened had to run for his life because he was fucking terrified because it’s motherfucking Achilles, or as Siriel would have said mockingly, the power to run like a little bitch

which is pretty mean

I’m assuming Apo had it like he actually fought several times which has me rolling my eyes but whatever. Not disagreeing that he’s good defensively and what is stated of hit and run but cut down on the Hector wank

now if only I can figure out what Proof of Friendship does actually in combat besides gameplay of stun and NP loss (that cheap fucker) because these meme answers of lol Proof of Friendship in versus drive me bonkers like lol IP

^Great Grail War was too stacked

now that I think about it, she didn’t really get to do much beyond being a loser

damn that’s sad

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    reminder that living achilles isnt servant achilles

in particular that comet form is manifestation of legend
    Achilles still had his speed when he was alive tho, Chiron knew of it and it was something Achilles took pride in it being on the level of a God. Even if it isn't exactly as it is as an NP the NP itself is a manifestation of anecdotes that Achilles was just that fast so it got converted.
    Last edited by Iceblade44; April 16th, 2018 at 12:11 AM.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Blog Entries
    proof friendship suppreses fighting spirit so he can start a dialogue

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    On what basis

he never fought Achilles until he killed Patroclus and when the fight happened had to run for his life because he was fucking terrified because it’s motherfucking Achilles, or as Siriel would have said mockingly, the power to run like a little bitch

which is pretty mean

I’m assuming Apo had it like he actually fought several times which has me rolling my eyes but whatever. Not disagreeing that he’s good defensively and what is stated of hit and run but cut down on the Hector wank

now if only I can figure out what Proof of Friendship does actually in combat besides gameplay of stun and NP loss (that cheap fucker) because these meme answers of lol Proof of Friendship in versus drive me bonkers like lol IP

^Great Grail War was too stacked

now that I think about it, she didn’t really get to do much beyond being a loser

damn that’s sad
    Yeah Hector in TM is less of a chicken then he was in the Illiad, with them taking all the times Hector ran away and knocked out and turning into a tactical strat. Tho personally I'm fine with at least that level of wank because without Hektor would seem just too ordinary and not that impressive when you already have the other Servants before him.

Tho I'm a little bit peeved that TM Hektor doesn't have an ability of Apollo giving him a pick me up.

As for what Power of Friendship does, according to mats it's suppresses fighting intent and make advantages for making Servant alliances. So what it really does it allows him to talk his way out fights and make allies on the battlefield. I think it's based on his first fight with Ajax going by the name.

anywhere than here

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Achilles still had his speed when he was alive tho, Chiron knew of it and it was something Achilles took pride in it being on the level of a God. Even if it isn't exactly as it is as an NP the NP itself is a naturalization of the anecdotes that Achilles was just that fast so it got converted.
    its the embodiment how he was fastest among all heroes of all eras, not how he was just that fast

i have my doubts in regards if he is as fast IRL as he was comet servant. Maybe A+ AGI, but i doubt other than that.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    We have now Servants with above A+ AGI right?

Okay Proof of Friendship seems less bullshit

The Achilles being the fastest of any hero of any culture ever is a wank that I do not like even when though he should be fast

US Friend Code
    its the embodiment how he was fastest among all heroes of all eras, not how he was just that fast

i have my doubts in regards if he is as fast IRL as he was comet servant. Maybe A+ AGI, but i doubt other than that.
    But his Agi is different tho and is mentioned to be seperate from his god's speed.

And two. Him being the fastest of all heroes is based on the fact he was the fastest of all when he was alive, and this was a time where there was heroes everywhere. He didn't just get a speedboost when he became a Servant, from what I remember from his monologues and inner thoughts it seemed he was always that fast.

And three, for Heroes of the AoG, being a Servant is more of a nerf both NP wise and stat wise. Which is I think is important to keep in mind that its possible there wasn't any real difference between Living Achilles and Servant Achilles outside of magical energy dependency.

anywhere than here

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    What’s impressive about Hector is not necessarily his battle strength but his moral character and competent leadership

so it’s fine he’s tactical especially on defense but it shouldn’t be wanked to meme Batman levels

hell Durindana is already an upgrade what more do you want

the fact is that he is on FSN Cu level; mythologically should be more powerful but TM has their own powerlevel interpretation

US Friend Code
    We have now Servants with above A+ AGI right?

Okay Proof of Friendship seems less bullshit

The Achilles being the fastest of any hero of any culture ever is a wank that I do not like even when though he should be fast
    The only Servant that's A++ is muneori, and I'm pretty sure that has more to do with dexterity with his sword then running speed.

anywhere than here

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Without any particular evidence to the contrary, why would you presume he wasn't that fast in life? It was the Age of Gods and superhuman feats were the norm, so drawing the line at turbo speed in particular seems kind of silly. Heck, if any NP was a "manifestation of his legend" rather then something he had in life it'd be Andreias Amarantos, seeing as the Achilles Heel myth wasn't even in the original Illiad. Yet it's clear Achilles had that in life.

US Friend Code
    What’s impressive about Hector is not necessarily his battle strength but his moral character and competent leadership

so it’s fine he’s tactical especially on defense but it shouldn’t be wanked to meme Batman levels

hell Durindana is already an upgrade what more do you want

the fact is that he is on FSN Cu level; mythologically should be more powerful but TM has their own powerlevel interpretation
    Well that's the thing about TM, everything must be boosted onto meme levels so it actually serve enough as a niche and strength for this whole host of Servants made up from exxagerations.

Also talking about Hektor as a leader and moral example is also a reason why I want Hektor with Troy as an NP. Because those traits comes from his connections to that city, his duty to his father, his love for his family, all that comes from that. So it be nice for him to actually having an NP relating to it.

anywhere than here

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    I would agree

Blog Entries
    because the NP is said to be manifestation of "legend" that he is the swiftest of dudes

its like when a legend affects a HS. yes there is a basis for the legend but when a legend manifest into something that strengthen a servant it doesnt mean the servant has it in life. like how gil has a legend of owning all original treasure bla bla and then the paradox of things getting retroactively added to gob

Imean i could be wrong but until proven otherwise im gonna doubt whether comet form speed is his standard speed during his life

maybe it will be when i get back to Apo vol 5

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Yeah Hector in TM is less of a chicken then he was in the Illiad, [...]
    Fun fact: most characters in "The Illiad" ran away from fights at one point or another.
    No, seriously; most of the time, the characters only deliberately join fights against dangerous-to-suicidal-odds when they're sure the gods are on their side, or they're so taken by emotion they're not thinking straight anymore. Which makes sense when you read "The Odyssey" and learn that, for the Greeks of that period, there was no such a thing as Elysium and the afterlife was dull and dreary even for great heroes - the only joy the wraiths receive are from sacrifices in their name.

(It would be dishonest of me not to thank Seika for her help in understanding the nuances in Greek warrior culture of the period and the aforementioned literary works.)

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Its probably that sanic is part reality and part influence of myth in the same way that Gate of Babylon is. Gil really had a magic storeroom in his history, but like the whole "did he actually literally have all original NPs or didn't he?" issue, the function of the mystery supercedes whatever the answer is and makes it yes. So sanic is both the speed he had, but also retroactively faster than anyone that came before or after, and the function of the mystery makes that paradox okay.

Also arguing whether he had something that isn't mentioned in the Iliad is dumb since its not like we have a shitton of Servants with literal histories that discredit their real world older accounts in favor of the new hotness, else Artoria wouldn't have magic scabbard and die to her son because a frenchman mana transferred with her wife.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ngl, the image of Hector in Type Moon does not match the one I have of the mythological figure.

like, he could fight like Diarmuid without being a loser
    Reminder that Hector fought hard enough that he's one of the people Achilles doesn't want to use fite me irl on again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    lubu's thicc lips

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    The fact that Hector doesn't have they city of Troy or at least it's walls as an NP. I mean we now have Anastasia being able to summon a random Kremlin as NP just because she's totality, not to mention the other castle Servants but Hector doesn't have an NP related to the city he is famed for defending and which he was loved by every citizen in it? Plus knowing how the walls of it would function as an NP would also be cool. So it ticks me off a bit he doesn't have something about it. My only hope is whether they actually decide to do anything with that Gatekeeper class, but I'm not holding my breath
    If that bit you mentioned about Hector having a chariot is true, he could probably get an NP like that as a Rider. Knight classes don't usually get large, physical structures as NPs.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by 8000 View Post
    If that bit you mentioned about Hector having a chariot is true, he could probably get an NP like that as a Rider. Knight classes don't usually get large, physical structures as NPs.
    When did i mention Hector had a chariot? I mean during that time it was normal for warriors to fight on chariots but I don't remember Hector having a actual chariot of special note that would qualify for an NP, tho then again my knowledge on the Illiad is subpar at best (Which hopefully will be remided when I have enough time to continue reading it). The only special chariots I remember hearing about is Achilles, Aeneas whose chariot was basically Achilles lite, and Diomedes tho I forget whether his Chariot was actually Aeneas which he knocked after beating him. Tho then again I do remember when I was looking up Achilles epithets to see the actually justification for comet form Hector did have an epithet of Master of Horses so who knows. I have to look that up.

anywhere than here