Page 292 of 388 FirstFirst ... 192242282287290291292293294297302342 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,840 of 7759

Thread: Things that annoy you in TM

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    I mean I'm all for saber having her happy ending and whatnot, but I hate LE because ot makes the story worse by taking a well executed bittersweet ending and pouring a craptonne of raw sugar over it because Seiba.
    If they could jam in a Good Ending for Arc, & a "Good" aka NTR ending for Ciel, they can cram in a raw sugar ending for Seiba.

I mean it's not like other heroines didn't get such endings so why leave her out? :P

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I like LE because oh hey that's right King Arthur is alive in Avalon that's just like in the legend how nice that their love story ends with a fated meeting just like it started.

It's good being a "new" fan that doesn't have to deal with LE being a weird happy ending shoved into the story years after it was done.

- - - Updated - - -

Though seeing it after Heaven's Feel is really fucking weird when you don't have context about it and Reálta Nua.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    They all happened, just not in the same world

En't it kind of obvious? What with the Second Magic
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    How would native Japanese people know what weird foreigner names are like? Like if someone from japan introduced themselves to me after a toiletry item it'd be so outside of my scope I'd simply assume they're not messing around with me.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    People do that?
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Quote Originally Posted by Bobin View Post
    How would native Japanese people know what weird foreigner names are like? Like if someone from japan introduced themselves to me after a toiletry item it'd be so outside of my scope I'd simply assume they're not messing around with me like a lunatic.
    It's noted even in-story how weird the names are admittedly. But then being Servants, and almost always being so gorgeous or handsome, I guess that natural superiority does make it hard to care about the name.

Though it does make me wonder if Saber can get away with behavior a native Japanese generally can't, faking that she doesn't know Japanese culture and all...

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    People do that?
    Hypotheticals man.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I am 100% sure any real mage would not give a rat's ass what you, a proletariat muggle, think about their name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    I am 100% sure any real mage would not give a rat's ass what you, a proletariat muggle, think about their name.
    They probably would be offended if you mocked it or laughed about it to their faces. Then they'd end you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Hypotheticals man.
    No, not that one.

Actually nvm i replied too late for the topic im aiming.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    I mean I'm all for saber having her happy ending and whatnot, but I hate LE because ot makes the story worse by taking a well executed bittersweet ending and pouring a craptonne of raw sugar over it because Seiba.
    I like the sweet ending because it's such an out of the way thing. You get the bittersweet one and that's it, and move on to all the other routes, and then once you've finished the game you get that extra little bit that tells you that even the ideals that Archer comes to despise can also lead Shirou to a happy place.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    I like the sweet ending because it's such an out of the way thing. You get the bittersweet one and that's it, and move on to all the other routes, and then once you've finished the game you get that extra little bit that tells you that even the ideals that Archer comes to despise can also lead Shirou to a happy place.
    Well it does help that Shirou in Fate realizes he finds his ideals even more worthy of chasing whereas EMIYA never had similar revelations about them.

I forget but beyond Archer's Saber Arturia never falling for him, I remember someone mentioning even more info about how his Grail War was different from SN Shirou's. Something about how he & Saber never got hurt against Berserker?

Blog Entries
    How would native Japanese people know what weird foreigner names are like? Like if someone from japan introduced themselves to me after a toiletry item it'd be so outside of my scope I'd simply assume they're not messing around with me.
    I randomly drop by to inform people that 御手洗 ("Mitarai", literally toilet) is a real surname in Japan.
    FGO Supports (Last Update: 2019-08 Anniversary)

Quotes

<dyingcomputer> canaki <dyingcomputer> is the embodiment of notes

Quote Originally Posted by canaki View Post
    I stick to my opinion of Shinjuku = Higashide, Agartha = Minase, Shimousa = Sakurai, Salem = Meteo

(Since I'm repeating this a lot)

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    See? And I wouldn’t be able to tell if canaki is straight lying to me this very instant.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

See? And I wouldn’t be able to tell if canaki is straight lying to me this very instant.
    Ahh but you don't go through year after year of Japanese class in school, ready to teach you the language of the country of the Rising Sun.

And I thought the Japanese go through years of English-classes, ready to take on business and trade in an Anglophillic world?

Or do I overestimate the power of all those English teachers?

JP Friend Code
    if you read any English textbooks that are being used in Japanese schools, you will find some of the most useless shit. Unfortunately from my experience and stories from my friends who are living and teaching there, the way they teach English in Japan is not much different from what they do here in Vietnam, where you mostly just learn lots and lots of basic textbook grammar with some vocab.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    Ahh but you don't go through year after year of Japanese class in school, ready to teach you the language of the country of the Rising Sun.

And I thought the Japanese go through years of English-classes, ready to take on business and trade in an Anglophillic world?

The real purpose of JET is to let ppl like mcjon, milbunk, and my friend's sister to go to JP to holiday and stimulate the economy.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    Just remembered one thing that annoy me in TM: the usage of bonding across space-time recently.

It's weird because I do find the concept interesting and can create lovely interactions when used correctly like some of the cases in GO. However sometimes I feel like it is being used to just say oh hey remember these characters interacted in this other work wink wink? I'm fine with Gil's obsession with Artoria, I'm also fine with Emiya has beef with Cu, I'm also fine with Herc and Illya protect. But recently with the Saber Diarmuid wants more Artoria, the "though they have no connections or similar origin they share a undesirable but inseparable bond and they are lol rival" cuz hey remember Nero and Tamamo they hate each other in Extella that was presented in Last Encore script and FGO mats but they were friends prior to that u dumbass Nasu stop that shit right now, I got annoyed a lot. Probably because I found the Diarmuid duel with Artoria in FZ dumb and Extella was cancer and that Suzuka x Tamamo rivalry, Nero x Liz rivalry are infinitely better matchups, who knows.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post

The goal of English classes in Japan is to get good grades in the English section of Important Exams™, most of which are made by people who aren't good at English themselves either.
    ... I mean, government people can spout ideals about "preparing the youth for a globalized society" and whatnot, but I never saw anything that prepares my classmates for anything beyond uni entrance exams in high school. (And I think the only unis that even made good exams that didn't make me feel sick from wonky English were like, just UT and TUFS out of the huge pile I sampled in those days.)
    Like say last January, 546k students took the exam for the English section of the common uni entrance exam (consider this the Japanese version of SAT, except you only get one chance on a set date), and the average score was 123.75/200. Sad, isn't it.
    When I think about the people I know that are native born and raised in Japan, and are capable of handling English, they usually had to encounter the situation that required them to really study, like academic peeps that realized they need to wrestle with papers in English to go further, businessmen that were suddenly transferred to oversea branches, programmers that have to read English documents, or fujoshis that were suddenly driven by the need to read slash on AO3.

Also to add onto the issue of Mr/Ms Mitarai, they do exist, I wasn't lying about that part, but the original meaning wasn't toilet when they were given that name, it originally meant "the place where you wash hands at the entrance of shrines", so they're innocent monsters twisted over time due to word meaning changes.
    FGO Supports (Last Update: 2019-08 Anniversary)

Quotes

<dyingcomputer> canaki <dyingcomputer> is the embodiment of notes

Quote Originally Posted by canaki View Post
    I stick to my opinion of Shinjuku = Higashide, Agartha = Minase, Shimousa = Sakurai, Salem = Meteo

(Since I'm repeating this a lot)

Blog Entries
    That last example sounds terribly realistic