Page 293 of 388 FirstFirst ... 193243283288291292293294295298303343 ... LastLast
Results 5,841 to 5,860 of 7759

Thread: Things that annoy you in TM

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    When people consider HF like the end of all in FSN and not jsut one possible answer.
    As much as I prefer UBW, HF has a better claim than the other two routes of being "the one".

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Each route has its own ending as a story. Sure, the events of HF round out the extended entity known as "Fate/Stay Night", but it's ending is no more of a conclusive epilogue than any of the others. If any one ending could lay claim to being "The Epilogue", that would be the aptly named Last Episode.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    That last example sounds terribly realistic
    FWIW, "toilet" didn't originally mean toilet either.
    O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    actually i was referring to the fujoshi one but ok
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Each route has its own ending as a story. Sure, the events of HF round out the extended entity known as "Fate/Stay Night", but it's ending is no more of a conclusive epilogue than any of the others. If any one ending could lay claim to being "The Epilogue", that would be the aptly named Last Episode.

i will not argue with that, but HF is the rute you are supossed to read last and Illya and Taiga call its finale the FSN Climax in the dojo

Blog Entries
    Actually that’s poorly worded you know. What that whole “this is the true final end” but is meant to convey is that there aren’t any secret routes or whatever. In fate and UBW beating the route unlocked the next one so it’s plausible to think beating HF might do so as well.

basically the entire point of that line is less “this is the best and only real ending!!!” And more “yeah sorry y’all, we ran outta money so there isn’t an Ilya route.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Each route is its own story, but the novels' themes do follow a straight progression from Fate, to UBW, to Heaven's Feel. Additionally, the routes build off each other and feel incomplete if taken entirely on their own. Imagine, for instance, how much less of an emotional punch to the reader (not necessarily the character) losing Saber to the Shadow would be if they hadn't already read Fate and UBW.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobin View Post
    How would native Japanese people know what weird foreigner names are like? Like if someone from japan introduced themselves to me after a toiletry item it'd be so outside of my scope I'd simply assume they're not messing around with me.
    If a Japanese introduced themselves to me saying they're named Pichikoromotopikachutantan Xiangfi Ho I'd call them out on being full of it. Because that's the kind of reverse chuuni name that only someone who would mistake Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, Vietnamese and whoever else would think of, while resorting to over complicated assumptions of 'foreign names are supposed to sound weird' as well.

I'm Latino, and I swear, it's offensive enough when people assume a typical name for someone from Mexico or Argentina would be Luziano Banano Edson Don Nascimiento Pele y Uturrieta De Los Caceres, or some other weird mixture of Portuguese, Spanish and Italian.

The fact these things come from people who have literal millions to do research on foreign cultures but mostly choose not to do except when they want to makes it worse.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    After reading the likes of Nisioisin, I just can't get mad at fake animu foreigners anymore since he had an America character called "Backyard Bottomslash"...

Reading the Death Note wiki's completely deadpan entry on her is always a barrel of laughs.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    If a Japanese introduced themselves to me saying they're named Pichikoromotopikachutantan Xiangfi Ho I'd call them out on being full of it. Because that's the kind of reverse chuuni name that only someone who would mistake Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, Vietnamese and whoever else would think of, while resorting to over complicated assumptions of 'foreign names are supposed to sound weird' as well.

I'm Latino, and I swear, it's offensive enough when people assume a typical name for someone from Mexico or Argentina would be Luziano Banano Edson Don Nascimiento Pele y Uturrieta De Los Caceres, or some other weird mixture of Portuguese, Spanish and Italian.

The fact these things come from people who have literal millions to do research on foreign cultures but mostly choose not to do except when they want to makes it worse.
    Not just that but even in the early 2000s, I'm sure you could use search engines to look up foreigner names. Hell I remember using Altavista a lot back then.

But that’s not as fun!

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    I don't find willing cultural myopia to be fun.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    I like the sweet ending because it's such an out of the way thing. You get the bittersweet one and that's it, and move on to all the other routes, and then once you've finished the game you get that extra little bit that tells you that even the ideals that Archer comes to despise can also lead Shirou to a happy place.
    See, I cried when I saw ending to Fate, but then I realized that, way before LE came about, Arthur was fated to go to rest in Avalon.
    Essentially she gets her own ticket to Heaven, and while the other heroines get Shirou for awhile, it's unknown where their paths will lead and ultimately, they'll be recycled like all humans.
    So...I felt less bad for Saber out of the whole deal, since she has that golden ticket. Then LE came about and I was like, "yeah, she got the sweetest deal".

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I don't find willing cultural myopia to be fun.
    Japan has literally never heard those words m8
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

New lows in casual Fate conversation: People unironically bringing up fanfics as an argument because they can't tell what's canon and what's not.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    thats not really new
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

That's even sadder.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

I've just had to explain to a guy that just because he saw something on a Total War site doesn't mean it really happened... fictional canon doesn't stand a chance.
    O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    That is how fanon is born, so...

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    Not just that but even in the early 2000s, I'm sure you could use search engines to look up foreigner names. Hell I remember using Altavista a lot back then.
    If I remember correctly, even names of Japanese characters (like Kiritsugu or Zouken) in Nasuverse are at best uncommon if not ourtright weird. So it is probably a stylistic choice (maybe to show how separated magi are from common folk).