Page 162 of 388 FirstFirst ... 62112152157160161162163164167172212262 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,240 of 7759

Thread: Things that annoy you in TM

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    You'd be surprised.
    I understand that you have to keep your company's best interests at heart, but either give something concrete or stop.

It's actually kind of disgusting to imply that want your favourite TM work to be translated? Well, put X dollars in here and you'll have a small chance of it happening like some grand meta TM gacha.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    dumb people always have shit opinions about eva, its like some kind of more reliable iq test
    [20:47:33] I3uster: in 2015 a crack memer was sent to skype prison by a court of his Peers for a crime he didnt commit. he promptly escaped from his Maximum security Forum into the twitter Underground. Today, still wanted by the skype Group he survives as memer of fortune. If you Need a shitpost, if nobody else can fuck up a thread, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire: June.

20.06.2014 Never forget

Life's just one big meta gacha when you think about it
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Deep
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth
    My stuff | GO stuff | YouTube | Twitter

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Stop what? Telling you that companies don't work like someone who doesn't have any experience in one isn't run like they think it is? Because I could've told you that when I wasn't working in the industry.

Look, Type Moon is just one entity in this. The creative side of the entity, yeah. Sure, DW and Aniplex, the design side and the production side, are going to be happy with consumers making their works successful, and devote time and resources into improving that. And yeah, I'm sure Nasu and them are happy to also put some time and effort into something that's successful too. But you may have noticed that, unlike a regular manga or novel or game title where they're releasing stuff to try and push both the sales of the original product on top of whatever adaptation they're making, these things are getting adaptations years later. Rakkyo three years after the novels were released to a wide audience. Zero was four years. Apocrypha three. Extra seven. It's almost as if they have successes elsewhere and then decide to devote time and resources in other endeavors, the crazies.

No, there is no direct correlation like some people think where if x thing is popular then its funding trickles down to other properties and inject them with capital. Not directly, no. But when a company in this industry (or really, in a lot of entertainment industry companies that aren't, like, EA) is successful, surprise, they're usually more likely to be okay with greenlighting other projects because now they actually have the luxury to, rather than having to be far far more concerned with making y project also hit else failing to pay the bills when they come. And the people not-Type Moon, whether its a bank or a production company or game company or publishing company or whatever is going to also be less hesitant to get involved if they have current financial upswing and a proven track record. That's, like, business 101 there.

And as for adaptation or translation/localization of stuff, yeah, sure, it definitely helps FGO specifically for people to direct their money toward it. But for any kind of company it's also going to be an unspoken question of "What is like this kind of product that these consumers might also be interested in?" Again, that's something you can see with your own two eyes outside of any kind of insight I've got. Urobuchi does popular Madoka and Zero, so everyone sits up and goes, oh, what else can he produce that we might be able to pry out of his horrific Cthulhu'd mind? Mari Okada does popular anohana and BRS and such, so everyone sits up and goes, oh, what else can she produce that we might be able to pry out of her feels'd mind?

It's actually kind of disgusting to me to imply that you want a product from a company, you shouldn't maybe support that company in the way you can? I mean, I get not financially supporting a specific product because you don't want that product, but, presumably, to use your gacha metaphor, you're not throwing money at the thing you don't want, thinking it'll get you what you do? 8000 posts regularly about the game, so presumably they're not not interested?

And really, if you're allowed to voice erroneous random thoughts or opinions about an industry you don't know, I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to not-randomly point out, no, you're wrong.

Blog Entries
    Stop what? Telling you that companies don't work like someone who doesn't have any experience in one isn't run like they think it is? Because I could've told you that when I wasn't working in the industry.
    Stop alluding to things that might not happen to potentially get people to put more money in. If you want to hype something up actually say what it is. Also I'm not arguing you know what happens in Aniplex better than I do, that doesn't mean I am going to take your word for it. There is a reason people from companies don't usually come to fan communities and say things they can't back up with anything. It really looks like something you might not want it to look like.

Look, Type Moon is just one entity in this. The creative side of the entity, yeah. Sure, DW and Aniplex, the design side and the production side, are going to be happy with consumers making their works successful, and devote time and resources into improving that. And yeah, I'm sure Nasu and them are happy to also put some time and effort into something that's successful too. But you may have noticed that, unlike a regular manga or novel or game title where they're releasing stuff to try and push both the sales of the original product on top of whatever adaptation they're making, these things are getting adaptations years later. Rakkyo three years after the novels were released to a wide audience. Zero was four years. Apocrypha three. Extra seven. It's almost as if they have successes elsewhere and then decide to devote time and resources in other endeavors, the crazies.No, there is no direct correlation like some people think where if x thing is popular then its funding trickles down to other properties and inject them with capital. Not directly, no. But when a company in this industry (or really, in a lot of entertainment industry companies that aren't, like, EA) is successful, surprise, they're usually more likely to be okay with greenlighting other projects because now they actually have the luxury to, rather than having to be far far more concerned with making y project also hit else failing to pay the bills when they come. And the people not-Type Moon, whether its a bank or a production company or game company or publishing company or whatever is going to also be less hesitant to get involved if they have current financial upswing and a proven track record. That's, like, business 101 there.
    Anime usually are pretty good advertisements for gacha games sure, maybe TM should take their new freedom and actually finish things they have promised to finish in the past first though. Y'know since they now have all that safety to not have to have the product succeed, instead of endlessly adapting and creating content they can tie to their main cashcow.

And as for adaptation or translation/localization of stuff, yeah, sure, it definitely helps FGO specifically for people to direct their money toward it. But for any kind of company it's also going to be an unspoken question of "What is like this kind of product that these consumers might also be interested in?" Again, that's something you can see with your own two eyes outside of any kind of insight I've got. Urobuchi does popular Madoka and Zero, so everyone sits up and goes, oh, what else can he produce that we might be able to pry out of his horrific Cthulhu'd mind? Mari Okada does popular anohana and BRS and such, so everyone sits up and goes, oh, what else can she produce that we might be able to pry out of her feels'd mind?
    You are absolutely correct, this is why I advocate against sending the message that we want more things like GO. You can disagree with me here, but your point here is exactly why I made a post about it being a bad idea to give money to GO if your idea is that you want things not like GO to be translated.

It's actually kind of disgusting to me to imply that you want a product from a company, you shouldn't maybe support that company in the way you can? I mean, I get not financially supporting a specific product because you don't want that product, but, presumably, to use your gacha metaphor, you're not throwing money at the thing you don't want, thinking it'll get you what you do? 8000 posts regularly about the game, so presumably they're not not interested? And really, if you're allowed to voice erroneous random thoughts or opinions about an industry you don't know, I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to not-randomly point out, no, you're wrong.
    And yes regardless of the company you should not support the company by buying products you don't actually want, because that sends the wrong message on what you do actually want.If he wants to support the game Grand Order, he shouldn't be trying to justify the support by saying it's for things that aren't grand order to get translated was my point. If he wants to support grand order as foolish of a idea as that is to me, I am not here to stop him.
    dumb people always have shit opinions about eva, its like some kind of more reliable iq test
    [20:47:33] I3uster: in 2015 a crack memer was sent to skype prison by a court of his Peers for a crime he didnt commit. he promptly escaped from his Maximum security Forum into the twitter Underground. Today, still wanted by the skype Group he survives as memer of fortune. If you Need a shitpost, if nobody else can fuck up a thread, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire: June.

20.06.2014 Never forget

don't look at the ears Marmadillo's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Magikewl View Post
    Why can’t GO have their own battlefront 2 scandal
    not enough people give a shit?

Blog Entries
    Lack of Tsukihime 2

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    You could buy Melty Blood on Steam.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the Zero, FSN, and First Order BDs.
    Haven't gotten to Tsuki stuff yet.

Anime DVDs are really overpriced in my experience and I probably wouldn't use them anyway. I really don't like people overhearing what I'm watching and I'm living in a dorm right now so I wouldn't even be able to use them most of the time. Also are those DVDs even in print anymore? I don't think TM is getting much money from those purchases.

- - - Updated - - -

This only makes sense if the specific message you want to send is that you want more GO, because from their POV the amount of people who are buying quartz on GO who are just doing it to support TM for their past works are statistically irrelevant and that money is added to the pool which is used to determine how much more GO is worth doing. In fact buying more official products you can't read is precisely what you should do if you want more products like those.
    I don't know. The HF adaptation was always going to happen eventually, but Extra is getting an adaptation after 7 years, specifically during the running period of Grand Order. I don't think there's a non-existent correlation, and I'd really rather be spending money I can actually get something of (self-determined) value on rather than me or TM getting ripped off in some form.

Also I do like Grand Order. I understand if you don't, and there are definitely mechanics in it I don't like, but I like the content enough to support it.

If I go by your wording, technically there is always "hope" for official translations, but I wouldn't say high profits in GO are very likely to increase translations in anything than other GO related things.
    I mean, the NA version of GO was mainly made to get American audiences interested in Fate stuff. The profits are just evidence that there is actually room for success in that market.

Blog Entries
    Good for you I guess, if you are happy with GO

20.06.2014 Never forget

Blog Entries
    Even if you're totallly unconvinced that GO being a success has spillovers for other TM localizations... of course it hasn't happened yet, GO has been out for what 6 months? What would have even come out in that time? I don't know how you would make a judgement either way just off of English products.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Yo Arashi, kickstart FSN already
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    gib CCC remake/port so it can be translated

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    You could buy Melty Blood on Steam.
    That reminds me, I still need to do this.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    these things are getting adaptations years later. Rakkyo three years after the novels were released to a wide audience. Zero was four years. Apocrypha three. Extra seven.
    That reminds me, Mahoyo is five years old now. I wonder if we're getting a version of that sometime soon.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Mahoyo movie when?
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    that there's no apoc spin-off with fiore as main protagonist yet

US Friend Code
    ~still waiting for info about the Apoc BLR short stories...~
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    A lot of good things can be said about the lore gameplay integration in GO.
    But one thing that was handled terribly was the amount of extraneous third skills a lot of the Servants have.
    It makes sense that you would want all the Servants to have 3 active skills from a gameplay standpoint. However, a lot of those skills that came out don't really have much to add. And you can see this when you read the profiles for those Servants in GO Mats. They're ignored or have a line that doesn't say anything.
    What they did with some of the Servants and what was a good idea was put a NP as a skill, like with Mordred and Astolfo.
    The other thing I believe they should have done to make this more acceptable, would be to include a "other skills" section in the biography part, after "weapons used" and note the skill there, while also giving an explanation of where it comes from in legend or wherever.
    That way we wouldn't have stuff like thrice setting sun on Nero's personal skills when its never been there before, etc while at the same time acknowledging that these aren't just filler.

hire me dw
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

There's quite a bit on the gameplay front that DW can work on to individualise them more, that's for sure
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth
    My stuff | GO stuff | YouTube | Twitter

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Canon View Post
    There's quite a bit on the gameplay front that DW can work on to individualise them more, that's for sure
    True that, I want make all my Servant's to be special unique snowflakes like their supposed to be.

Also on topic of Gameplay and Story Segregation, something that annoys me that in gameplay Phantoms NP can deal damage that ignores defense while in the mat description it makes it clear it does not, I mean make up your mind TM.

That's just something that bothers me.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here