Page 258 of 388 FirstFirst ... 158208248253256257258259260263268308358 ... LastLast
Results 5,141 to 5,160 of 7759

Thread: Things that annoy you in TM

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    sure
    but its a presumably subjective review, yet one that is objective with its logic and one that actually gives concrete explanation
    very different from doubting your opinion out of someone else's opinion and preference while it is clouded with emotion

- - - Updated - - -

i personally never find that to be productive

tldr my point is
    yes, looking at things from different perspective is good
    but when the other perspective is clouded too much by emotion, such as overliking/overhating something, the latter more often than the former
    that very perspective becomes too subjective
    if you force that perspective with yours, i never felt that it becomes a solid opinion
    i find it more ofthen than not becomes justification

if it had concrete piece by piece explanation, i can respect that
    but often the case is internet opinion is more of a love/hate piece instead
    which is duh, its an internet opinion

in Laserman's case, i felt that he's being swayed by so much opinions that basically culminates to "FZ sucks"
    at that point, he no longer re evaluating his opinion; instead, his opinion is being persuaded to dislike FZ instead

and i feel like thats counter productive
    Last edited by castor212; September 12th, 2018 at 12:20 PM.
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Quote Originally Posted by Marmadillo View Post
    You could literally write Hakuno out of extra and then Leo wins and gets beaten by Twice. If there is no [insertcharactername] with his/her blank slate and consequent questioning of why they fight and keep winning over masters with more skill, more experience and well-defined goals, there is no Extra.
    I mean they could have made Saber or whoever a masterless servant somehow and they could have won all the fights all on their own just fine, Hakuno himself doesn't really contribute all that much.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Alternative Ice View Post
    I mean they could have made Saber or whoever a masterless servant somehow and they could have won all the fights all on their own just fine, Hakuno himself doesn't really contribute all that much.
    Well kinda, but Nero is a Servant who is powered by love. Somewhat literally. Her whole philosophy basically revolves around the idea Love triumphs all and it works for her
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The player Servant's whole role is to guide Hakuno's development, try to make them the main character and you get the first 2 routes of Extella.

don't look at the ears Marmadillo's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    Hakuno is a player avatar, of course they don't contribute much themselves, that's the gameplay part. And your speculation about servants winning on their own is irrelevant, there is no way to prove or disprove it. That's not even the point, there's a progression from Hakuno's tabula rasa state in the beginning, seemingly not even having a purpose to fight, to their decision to oppose Twice. If you missed that, you have actually missed half of the story in Extra.
    Not that it was that good or memorable, mind you.

I love how people say "You could totally write out Hakuno and it wouldn't even change anything" and their suggestions for how it would come together is to drastically change the entire plot so that it no longer needs Hakuno. Yeah, that really changed nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmadillo View Post
    That's not even the point, there's a progression from Hakuno's tabula rasa state in the beginning, seemingly not even having a purpose to fight, to their decision to oppose Twice. If you missed that, you have actually missed half of the story in Extra.
    Not that it was that good or memorable, mind you.
    I'm not saying Hakuno had no character, I'm just saying that the amount of time spent on that progression is hugely disproportionate to how interesting that progression was, that the story would be better if most of that time was spent on anything else, and that Apo's decision to spend less time on their tabula rasa protagonist is part of what makes it a better story.

Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    I love how people say "You could totally write out Hakuno and it wouldn't even change anything" and their suggestions for how it would come together is to drastically change the entire plot so that it no longer needs Hakuno. Yeah, that really changed nothing.
    Idk if "have the playable servant do the exact same thing just now they're not lugging around a talking potato" is drastically changing the entire plot.

JP Friend Code
    Without Hakuno there is no reason or motivation for these servants to fight in the war in the first place. Both Nero and Tamamo are very picky with Masters. And none of these servants can win the fights on their own unless you make all of the enemy servants shit tier. Heck they would die to Li on week 5 if they solo, you must rewrite that part a lot for it to make sense for them to get through Li and Julius. And even if through some insane miracles they manage to beat Leo and Gawain to reach the top they will die to Buddha, they cannot beat him, period. The only one maybe can beat him is Tamamo with 9 tails, which is not happening because she has zero motivation to use that form, ever, without Hakuno being there.

Basically you must rewrite the entire plot to remove all of the ridiculous enemy servants and even change the main servants themselves for your suggestion to work, which means you drastically changed the plot my dude.
    Last edited by Lily Emilio; September 14th, 2018 at 05:10 AM.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    How does Hakuno help beat Saver?
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    By providing moral support?

The booty? They provide the booty?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Either beating Twice since Buddha OP or enlightenment my man
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    There are variations, not counting LE.

- Drama CD: Unaffected by Saver's NP, then run to the Moon Cell core -> win. Twice and Saver combo is impossible to beat so they went with the same strategy as LE that is getting to the core b4 Twice can kill them.
    - Manga: Resummon Nero after she is killed so she can blitz and kill Twice. After Twice died Saver has no reason to be there and he went away.

And in the first place, the war is to select a winning Master for the grail, not a servant. A servant cannot enter the Moon Cell's core normally. So solo Servants cannot participate. Heck solo servants were only possible after Hakuno won the war and changed the rules of SE.RA.PH into what was shown in Extella. Out of the 3 main servants, like I mentioned b4, only Tamamo can break those rules with 9 tails form, but she won't use it.

US Friend Code
    For the most part I very much like GO but there stuff that annoys me about it. The biggest thing that it really constrains and limits the characters. This has more to do with the medium then anything else. Like as a smartphone gacha game despite FGO having the best story of any game in this genre that I can see it's still way more limited in characterizing characters, and portraying them when compared to the VNs and LNs. While the Servants who all possess unique powers and strengths suffers mostly from the lack of visuals and descriptors they aren't the only one. When ever we had to face a mob fight would be way more interesting if we were given some descriptions of the enemies who after looking at the portfolio of enemies we fight would actually be damn interesting if it wasn't for the generic way do fight them. Anyway the manga's and upcoming anime gives me hope to see more of FGO story will with actually drama(though one manga seems to have stopped updating don't know what's up with that, and the anime will just be on certain chapters not all of them so that's another down point, still hyped tho)

anywhere than here

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    yeah less POM POW BOOM SLASH SKREEEE SHOOOT SHOOT POW and more *sophisticated battle scene where everything was described in a narration which actually isnt boring and hey this is great*
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    yeah less POM POW BOOM SLASH SKREEEE SHOOOT SHOOT POW and more *sophisticated battle scene where everything was described in a narration which actually isnt boring and hey this is great*
    Yeah but its not like GO doesn't try to do this on occasion, its just it falls short to what I can remember of the battles in Stay Night or Zero. Even Apoc with how it overhypes everything was interesting because that still provided interesting highlights of Servant/Master fighting styles and strategies which is lost in GO's gameplay. Though again this is more of the medium then just GO's fault. Like this is the type of stuff you can see in Extra, where that was also constrained by the gameplay. It's the same with GO in that the only real expression you can get is from the animations but even then you can't count on them completely. Especially on Servants who don't have detailed ones and even not it will still be somewhat lacking. Ultimately the best Fate video game you will find will be stuff like Extella,(especially Link) or Unlimited Codes(sequel when). Well thats how the dice roll sometimes, you must sacrifice some stuff(descriptive battle sequences) to gain some stuff(constant exploration and expansion of Heroic Spirits and legends, greatly expanding universe lore) or thats how it is with GO

anywhere than here

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    For the most part I very much like GO but there stuff that annoys me about it. The biggest thing that it really constrains and limits the characters. This has more to do with the medium then anything else. Like as a smartphone gacha game despite FGO having the best story of any game in this genre that I can see it's still way more limited in characterizing characters, and portraying them when compared to the VNs and LNs. While the Servants who all possess unique powers and strengths suffers mostly from the lack of visuals and descriptors they aren't the only one. When ever we had to face a mob fight would be way more interesting if we were given some descriptions of the enemies who after looking at the portfolio of enemies we fight would actually be damn interesting if it wasn't for the generic way do fight them. Anyway the manga's and upcoming anime gives me hope to see more of FGO story will with actually drama(though one manga seems to have stopped updating don't know what's up with that, and the anime will just be on certain chapters not all of them so that's another down point, still hyped tho)
    I dunno. I wasn't much a fan of the First Order anime, and I only really watched to see Caster Cu kick ass and hit on Mash. I do hope Babylonia is better because that and being on this forum are the planned extent of my GO engagement.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Better to write Hakuno that way than making a newborn teenager MC and trying so hard to make him relevant to the story by giving him so much sudden power up even after being killed twice
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I dunno. I wasn't much a fan of the First Order anime, and I only really watched to see Caster Cu kick ass and hit on Mash. I do hope Babylonia is better because that and being on this forum are the planned extent of my GO engagement.
    I hope you've been keeping up with fan translations or something, jumping to the sixth chapter straight up isn't a good idea.
    Last edited by pinetree; September 14th, 2018 at 09:32 PM.

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Rebellion13 View Post
    Better to write Hakuno that way than making a newborn teenager MC and trying so hard to make him relevant to the story by giving him so much sudden power up even after being killed twice
    You sure are salty about that. Sieg worked well in his story. Siegfried had to go because of Mordred (plus Gordes' ridden with complexes ass made many wrong choices) and Fran was about to get pulverized by Mordred and Caules used up his CSs. He was to play his sister's backup anyway.

Funny that no-one is complaining about Mordred being OP as fuck just because she acted like a """"cool"""" kid, smoking, cussing and bumping fists. Her one real challenge was solved with one CS.
    Last edited by Keyne; September 15th, 2018 at 04:26 AM.