Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: Leaving the Nest

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    where are you getting this idea?
    Well, it's less that she can't, more that it would be a bit more complicated and also females are less inclined toward rape in my experience. And of course, she finds out kind rather unpleasant to look at. It just wouldn't be a good lay.
    GhostDIGIT and Lycodrake's 7 by the way. Also, you've gotta admire this guy's guts, so maybe also add, "How is it that you don't quake in awe and terror before a dragon? Are you somehow familiar with my kind?"
    Last edited by Draconic; October 2nd, 2016 at 11:50 PM.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    no, I mean, where are you getting the idea the dragon is female?

did I miss something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

I'm avoiding the rape discussion.

no, I mean, where are you getting the idea the dragon is female?

did I miss something?
    Well, the name general has a female tone. Then there might also be my current avatar which just jappens to have the same coloring as a certain dragon FC which may have been photoshopped to match said avatar.

Blog Entries
    I'm not saying it's a problem if it is, but yeah it didn't seem to have been established that that was the case, and draconic seemed to be taking it as a given, hence my puzzlement.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

7 Let's be a reasonable babby dragon.
    Spoiler:

the fuck is this rape discussion
    <Airen> I play hetero every once in awhile
    Spoiler:
    <~Katie> dude who gives a fuck about girls being gay, sometimes girls aren't gay and that decision should be respected

Spoiler:
    [12:21.40] that might be a top tier post[12:21.45] frantic[12:21.47] post of the month, even[12:21.48] this right here[12:21.49] is MC [12:21.56] johnny has nothing on this dude[12:22.00] he's the MC of the nisio half[12:22.12] so wait[12:22.15] [ ] is, after all, my rival character[12:22.16] am i the gag heroine[12:22.20] yes

Blog Entries
    Oh right, votes.

6. We just flew across an ocean and got into a fight. Eat first. Then we can pretend we care about some lesser species insignificant totems.

Ghost's 7.
    Laugh at their gods, we rule their pantheon now

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    How don't you people understand?! If you really want to be the evil overlord, you need your people to love you because they want to, not because you force them to. That way, you can work on your nefarious schemes, and when a hero comes to stop you, your people will fight for you of their own volition, because they don't se the monster, just their faithful, eternal benefactor.

Case and point: Lord Vitiate/Emperor Valkorion, the Sith Emperor from Star Wars: The Old Republic. He has killed billions, devoured entire planets, ensuring that no life will ever grow there again (referring to Nathema, not Ziost). And yet, the people of Zakuul have never even seen that side of him. He was their immortal emperor, who brought prosperity to them when all seemed lost. They adore him, and when you, the Jedi/Sith PC arrive and attempt to convince the people of Zakuul not even that he's evil, just that he isn't what he seems, they all rally against you. Admittedly, Arcann speeds that process along a fair bit when he scapegoats you as the one who killed Valkorion, but my point stands.

If we show ourselves to be benevolent to these people, we can help their civilization grow and soon, they'll see you as a god in your own right without you even having to suggest it.

There's a common human aphorism: A good answer today is better than the perfect answer tomorrow.
    Here is a typical dragon's response to the aforementioned aphorism: What's your hurry?
    We're a dragon: We live for millennia. We can afford to wait. A few years will only take a couple more posts, and then we'll have eternally loyal followers forever! Trust me.
    F/GO Supports

Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    Or we could burn all who don't show immediate obesaince. Then once they are sufficiently cowed, we ask where those losers we just ran off come from. Then we go to that city and raze it to ashes, devour everyone there regardless of their insignificant pleas for mercy. Then we return, message established.

Show abject terror and respect, you live and your enemies will burn, show rebellion and be eaten. Respect comes and goes, but rule based on fear is eternal!

its like a black and white game where draconic is the good one and I am the evil one.

I mean, sure, you coooould do what he says, but you know in your hearts what really will be more fun!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's less that I'm the good one and you're the evil one, more about me being law and you being chaos. Actually, it would be more accurate to say that I'm patience and you're impatience. See, Tobias, you're still looking at this from the perspective of a human in a dragon's body. You aren't grasping the fact that we are still going to do plenty of these things you want to do, just not quite yet. Not before we have a nice power base set up. You want to start something right this minute, but you must learn to control your destructive draconic urges; to use them strategically.

We're still going to bring wrath-of-god to a civilization, just… once we're less vulnerable to dragon slayers. Or worse, dragon stalkers. There are those who would track one of our kind for weeks, waiting patiently for exactly the right moment, and kill us without our ever noticing something was amiss.

I plan to get us everything. A castle, minions, a lair in the mountains, thousands of tons of gold, and the right to set fire to whatever we want, whenever we want, however we want.

Fear not, my impulsive vice, you'll get your wish for carnage and destruction. We just need to find the best time and place. Sure, this might seem like a good time, but if you wait just a bit, there'll be a better time. As for cowing our enemies, I predict that those armored blokes are going to come back in force sooner than later.
    And we'll have a field day when they show up on the horizon. We just revoked the existence of an entire battalion, so they're sure to send more. If we're lucky, we've just invoked the wrath of an empire who'll come at us in droves. An entire army of warriors with lots of valuables, like magical weapons and armor will be way more fun than a single castle. Paladins at the front? Paladins burn first.
    F/GO Supports

Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    I think it's you that misunderstands though. It's not about patience, it's about what they are and what we are. These lesser creatures aren't anything other then food. They live at our whim and will do what we tell them. Dragon hunters? Let them come, they will burn. What remains of their bones will serve as warnings to the others.

Giving these worthless creatures reason to believe they are anything other then livestock is to pay them tribute they have never deserved, and will never earn.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Let them come? You're forgetting something important. Though dragon slayers rarely have long careers, they still are good at what they do.
    As for the bipeds, they may be inferior beings, but passing such versatile pawns off as nothing but livestock would be wasteful, even if it weren't uncivilized. And it's fun to show some civility once in a while. To certain, specific creatures.

These humans have plenty of other uses. Who would be better than a band of humans to find you a place to acquire treasure. And we don't exactly have any obligation to share. Maybe a magical item that I can't figure out. If they learn what it is, and we want it then, we can demand it back.

Best of all, if we get some dragon hunters on our side, then we have the help we would need to take on another dragon, without any chance of failure.

I swear, it's like you want to get us killed.
    F/GO Supports

Not with that attitude.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I swear, this is probably one of the most entertaining discussions that's gone on in RP in a long time.

Blog Entries
    Really? It's funny you say that cause I actually bowed out because it belatedly occurred to me anyone playing along with the RP might get frustrated once it's gone a few pages past the actual vote.

Blog Entries
    Really? It's funny you say that cause I actually bowed out because it belatedly occurred to me anyone playing along with the RP might get frustrated once it's gone a few pages past the actual vote.
    I mean, I'm not saying it wouldn't have gotten stale eventually, but seeing the two of you argue so intensely about the proper conduct of dragons was certainly amusing while it lasted.

While I don't mind people coming here to enjoy, whatever that was, could I ask you to throw in a vote for the RP?
    You know, the more the merrier and all that. =]

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    There is a majority of votes for route 7+addendums. Royd's the only one here who hasn't voted.
    F/GO Supports

Not with that attitude.

He's not the only visitor

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    While I don't mind people coming here to enjoy, whatever that was, could I ask you to throw in a vote for the RP?
    You know, the more the merrier and all that. =]
    Hmm. Okay. I don't really intend to be a recurring patron here but, if you ask nicely then...

I'll pick 1. Let's be a nice dragon and not eat the people we just saved.

Unknown continent
    Some mortal date and time
    Afternoon

“I know not of the three you speak of. I am Aethelendrial and I am servant to no one. You must have seen victory in their grasp. It is by my whim that I decimated your foes. It is by my grace you are not dead. Think not so highly of yourself in standing before me. How is it that you don't quake in awe and terror before a dragon? Are you somehow familiar with my kind?"

I have to give Oreyn credit. To this day I still haven’t seen a human stare at me as defiantly as he. Still, I wasn’t just about to let a stare stop me. I tried to be imposing yet reasonable.

Oreyn however, did not accept my somewhat spikey olive branch.

“You are no different than the Aldenish. You claim yourself our saviors, our liberators. But in truth, you spit on our culture and merely seek to make us your pawns. You expect me to be thankful? I spit on your ‘grace’. The Heweth are no people but their own, and we will defeat you just as we would have defeated the Aldenish.”

With that the man hefted his axe and charged. I had clearly misjudged the situation. It could not be helped now however. I was a complete stranger to the situation, and it seemed like this man had a particular death wish.

Not backing down from a fight with a single human, I lashed out with my head, attempting to catch him in my jaws. I underestimated his agility however, and he rolled to the right before lashing out with his axe.

While his blow was mighty by human standards, it did little more than sting. The axe bit into my heavily scaled eyebrow, and even managed to make a mark. It certainly wasn’t the worst wound I’d suffer, but it did cause me to roar in pain.

My retribution was swift, swiping quickly with my claws. The little man tried to parry, but his weapon was blown clean from his grip. I dived at him with my jaws again, and this time he was not so fortunate.

He had claimed he would defeat me just as he would have defeated the Aldenish. In the end, he accomplished neither.

“I did not come here to kill you. The Aldenish had you against a wall. It is by my grace that you are spared. But do you think that if I left this day that why would never trouble you again? My guardianship is a gift. Do not squander it.”

The others who were standing soon nodded their approval or kneeled. It seemed Oreyn was the only fool this day.

Eventually, the shaman rose.

“Oreyn was a brave man and a fierce warrior. But he let his pride blind him to the future. Whether this great wyrm recognizes it or not, the Three have sent it in our time of need. Let us not focus on the loss this day, but the celebrate the glorious future the gods have presented us!’

If he was going to insist I was related to his totems, I wasn’t going to object.

With the excitement, over, the Heweths went about tending to their dead and wounded. The shaman however, stuck with me and lead me to what was to be my lair.

From one of the upper levels of the fortress city yawned a great carven leading into the mountain. I had no complaints about the size, it was rather well suited to my size at this time.

“The loss of Oreyn was unfortunate, but I did not see him surviving this battle. Change was inevitable, while the old ways have served us for a long time, we cannot always depend on them.”

“One would think the man of faith would be the most adherent.”

“I am sure even gods get bored of the same things.”

Before long, we found ourselves in a grant chamber that seems almost designer for a dragon. A wide floor perfect for loot, a high ceiling for stretching and even some flight. The giant statue in each corner of the triangular room even made great landmarks if I felt like doing some sorting.

It didn’t take a moment for me to figure the statues were of their gods. Their size was quite impressive, though they seemed more roughly hewn than the fortress itself. I wonder if they had perhaps lost their skill with stone over the years, or had taken their from someone else.

One statue was accompanied by a water gentle waterfall that pooled at its base. Its form was that of a woman crossed with a tree. Various small plants seem to adorn its feet.

Another one I recognized as the human form of a male dragon. He cut an imposing, violent figure and seemed to be resting his hands on the handle of a broad bladed axe. About his feat were numerous bones, weapons, and armor, which assumed belonged to their enemies.

The third one was peculiar. It was a woman like the first, though her only notable features were her hips and the size of her breasts. Around her statue seemed to be a number of steaming pools.

“I hope you find this suitable. Housing your…magnificence is not something we could prepare for.”

“I understand. It is suitable.”

“Good. I am sorry I can’t stay long. There is much to be done after today.”

1) Ask about the significance of the statues and these ‘three’ before he goes.
    2) Ask about the Heweth people.
    3) Ask about their war with the Aldenish.
    4) Ask about him.
    5) Just get his name, calling him the ‘shaman’ is getting droll.
    6) Just let him go. All this flying and army immolating has tired me out for now. Besides, Oreyn’s armor kind of hurt my throat going down.
    7) Write in!