Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Thread: Leaving the Nest

Queen of Love and Beauty GhostDIGIT's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    5 and 1, we must understand these three gods if we are to dominate the hearts of their worshipers.

- - - Updated - - -

and maybe 2 if we have enough time.
    Spoiler:
    The Best Thing BlackBlade's Ever Said.
    Quote Originally Posted by black1blade View Post
    Just watch KNK, read fate and tsuki then just never bother with another nasu thing again but continue to use BL regardless.

Dullahan's Writing Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    I hope you love purple prose, pretentious dialogue and oblique references to Hegelian philosophy too motherfucker 'cause that's what's up

Blog Entries
    3, I suppose. If we are going to turn upon those miserable morsels and raze everything they have ever loved into ashes...

it might be worth knowing where they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

I'm going with 1 for now. There will be time to murder the Aldenish later, for now these gods pique my interest.

(Speculation)Mmm, a nature godess, a war god and a godess of fertility. Perhaps, as the pinnacle of nature, being a dragon and lookin hella good, we might be an incarnation of the 3. Or I'm just seeing things I want to see

Blog Entries
    5 and 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    You people will starve us. Have you no self respect as dragons?!
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Soon Tobias, we shall show the world our unyielding fury.
    And then we'll feast as kings

Blog Entries
    Why feast as kings

i want to feast on kings

tbose other assholes probably have one, and I bet he is fucking delicious barbecue style!

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Such vulgarity does not suit a being of our standing, but I agree with you as well.

5 should take no time at all, but I would go with 1 & 3. How much do these people know about the Aldenish? We wouldn't want to be caught unawares now, would we? After all, they almost conquered this fortress, so they must be fairly dangerous if they try hard enough. Furthermore, if those mongrels are humans, you can count on them to be imaptient and eager to get themselves killed. Speaking of, living with these creatures will be intolerable if they behave like average humans, always whining about living conditions or food shortages. Such frail things… tsk… we should teach them how to think ahead. Long term plans are the best plans.

We'd better take care not to accidentally (or even intentionally) raze their crops during the coming battles. We'd lose their trust. That little upstart we just ate made things difficult. Now we have to prove somehow that we have their best interests at heart. A symbiotic relationship isn't ideal, so we need to find a way of keeping them safe, without being at their beck and call. We can't let them see us as some sort of exotic pet. That wouldn't do at all.

Also, Kings aren't that great eating. It's more fun to stomp on them. Besides, a few kings wouldn't be very filling. There just aren't enough of them, probably not on this entire continent. Horses, cattle, camels and elephants are the order of the day.

As for 2 & 4… Mmmm… There'll be plenty of time to get to know my soon-to-be loyal subjects later.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Unknown continent
    Some mortal date and time
    Afternoon

I laid down in the center of the chamber. The hard stone floor wasn’t as stimulating as a pile of treasures. But that would change, one day.

I however was not quite done with the shaman yet.

“These statues, what are they?”

“They are the Three.”

I had gathered as such, but I figured it would be a topic he would not mind talking about. He even gave a small dramatic pause before continueing.

“Folar, Soala, and Callaiocht. Blood, Nature, and …Love. It is their joining that created the world, and it is they that are the pillars of this world. Aldena does not respect our gods. Instead they follow a foul, two-faced god. Fitting, I suppose.”

Their ‘joining’? I wondered if my understanding of mammalian reproduction was incorrect.

“This cavern has been our temple since before I was born. I…hope you do not oppose?”

“As long as I receive my own tribute.”

The shaman clutched his staff while giving what seemed like a shrug off relief. Perhaps satisfied in my answering of his own question, he quietly turned to leave.

“One last thing….what is your name?”

He turned and gave me a small smile.

“Cael.”

With that he departed, leaving me alone in my new domain. I did a slow scan of the room though there wasn’t really much to look at beyond the statues. I was a dragon without a hoard, quite depressing. The closest things were the trophies placed before the statues of Folar.

I debated if I should go out and go try to find something, maybe among the defeated Aldenish soldiers. They seemed to favor flair over efficiency. With things settling down however, I noticed I felt a bit sore from my flight, the battle, and eating Oreyn. My eye brow still stung in particular and his jagged armor wasn't particularly good for my esophagus.

Slowly but surely, I found my gaze focusing on the steam pools at the bottom of Collaiocht’s shrine. They were far too small for my greatness…but this was not my only form.

Tapping into the instinctive magic of my kinds, my body evaporated in a cloud of emerald dust. What remained was a but a small (relatively) woman, though a pair of robust horns still sprouted from my head.

I made my way towards the hot spring, really noticing the distance now that I was a mere fraction of my normal size. It didn’t help that my stride was fairly clumsy. I hadn’t really had much use for this form.

After neerly falling in, I slipped slowly into the hot spring, letting out a contented sigh. While it didn’t quite compare to bathing in gold, the warm water definitely helped ease the various aches and pains after today.

I suddenly found myself waking up some time later, not having realized I’d dozed off. I was still in the bath, though my magical form did not become what humans call ‘pruney’. Judging by the lack of light filtering into the cavern entrance it must have been night now.

Bored but not quite feeling like sleeping more or getting out, I looked up at the great statue above me. It was Collaiocht, the Heweth’s goddess of love. While the brutish nature of Folar and the plant-like form of Soala fit with their domains, this one just seemed to be particularly curvaceous. Perhaps it had something to do with the oversized lumps of fate on her chest. From my understanding, the humans called them ‘breasts’, which translated to something like ‘dream collector’. Perhaps that had something to do with it.

Glancing down, I came aware of my own sizeable chest. I prodded one gently, wondering how it was supposed to ‘collect dreams’. They seemed to be of rather decent size, so presumably they were good at it. I wondered why my humanoid form was so gifted with them. Just like my true form, my humanoid one was not one I designed. Rather it was said to be a reflection of the soul.

“Uh…hello?”

A voice echoed in the great chasm. I guess someone had come looking for a dragon.

“I am over here.”

I didn’t bother moving. I had nothing to fear. While this form may look notably softer it is still quite durable.

After a pause, I heard light footsteps approach me, then stop with a small gasp from their owner.

“You’re…?”

“Aethelendrial, yes.”

“I…thought you were…male.”

“You would be incorrect.”

I wasn’t quite sure to respond to that. I guess while humans had problems telling our genders apart, it was fairly easy for us.

I turned to face her. She seemed strongly build for a woman, with short blonde hair and amber eyes. She seemed a bit jumpy yet had a hint of bravery. Perhaps it was a chill from the skimpy outfit of dangling cloths that adorned her. There was a mark on her face like someone had hit her.

“And you are?”

“Caitria Bearclaw…daughter of Oreyn Bearclaw. The last of his line. The Shamans decided I would be a…fitting sacrifice.”

At the start she had almost seemed to pump her own chest up with pride, but she finished by awkwardly looking away. These was some pride in her, though she seemed a bit beaten down. Though I guess such was to be expected when the leaders of your society asked you to be someone's dessert.

“Are you afraid to die?”

“I would have been happy to fall in battle fighting the Aldenish. But here…I am nothing but a item. An offering. The last of a disgraced clan.”

She looked back at me with intensity. I was starting to see the relation.

1) Eat her. I could use a snack.
    2) Let her grab some of the weapons and armor from Falor’s altar. At least she can do down fighting.
    3) I can’t have minions if I keep eating them. Go back and get me some cows or something. They have more meat on them anyway.
    4) I’ve had my fill of Bearclaws for today, tell them to send someone else.
    5) Have her go sit in the corner, I’m still enjoying my bath.
    6) Have her join me in the bath. I’d like to talk more before making that sort of decision.
    7) Write in!

Blog Entries
    Well, it's no king, but it will do for now

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    A woman from a disgraced clan...Send her back to the shamans and tell them that we want someone from a more prestigious clan.

- - - Updated - - -

We will not settle for peasant scraps.
    Spoiler:
    Just watch KNK, read fate and tsuki then just never bother with another nasu thing again but continue to use BL regardless.

I hope you love purple prose, pretentious dialogue and oblique references to Hegelian philosophy too motherfucker 'cause that's what's up

Blog Entries
    I say eat her, though I could understand if someone wanted to save her for tommorow morning

after all

*puts on shades*

bearclaws are usually eaten for breakfast

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hmm, if we're going for wrathful sadist dragon goddess we could force the shamans to eat Ms. Bearclaw as punishment for their insolence.
    Spoiler:

Mmmm, is human meat more tasty than cow meat for a dragon?

6, I suppose. We can decide later if we want to eat her, or "eat" her wink wink.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I've heard dragons prefer horses or oxen. A nice balance of chewy and crunchy.

6 & 3. If you give me a snack, get me something that I can actually chew on, please. I'm not a damn snake.

(And I'll admit, I'm enjoying the fanservice, despite myself. "Eat" her indeed, Zurvan. I like how you think… though honestly, that's unlikely.)
    Last edited by Draconic; October 5th, 2016 at 08:56 AM.
    F/GO Supports

Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    For a large predator, high amounts of muscle and bone marrow would probably be optimal, so the tastiest animal would probably be a bull or a bear.

but for a dragon, people taste the best.

eat her

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You've got a point, Tobias. I've heard good things about owlbears. It's everything we like about chickens, but bear-sized.

Don't crash the fanservice train, Tobias, you fool!
    F/GO Supports

Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    Ok I have a write in if you want to have her join the bath

we tell her we want her to get in the bath, but when she does she has to bring some like, carrots, onions and potatoes.

then right after she gets in, breathe fire.

stew.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That's not fanservice, that's nightmare fuel! Also, do you plan on eating her while in human form or something?! What are we now? A friggin ghoul?
    Last edited by Draconic; October 5th, 2016 at 10:06 AM.
    F/GO Supports

Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    Well see, stew only gets better the more you let it simmer. I'm sure the heat wouldn't bother us either. So stew her, enjoy a nice hot bath while the smell of dinner sets the appetite, get out, change back and eat.