Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Kono Sekai wa Kyuuki ga Yomenai - High School Roleplay (IC)

love me until I love myself Prix with a Silent X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Tashima Akemi
    Time: 15:22 - Afternoon
    Date: April 2nd - Monday

Akemi made her way to the club room as if it were a bored whim. She didn't want to want to go, but she kept reminding herself that she had something like an obligation not to be put off by Kikikaikai after the challenge that had been issued to her, a long time ago. When she entered, she pulled her bag a little higher and set it down a little too firmly on top of the table at the center of the room. She blinked a few times, watching the boys cleaning bustling with activity and more enthusiasm for it than she'd have expected out of any of them.

"... What's the hurry?" she asked. Casually, she swept a finger through a line of dust without much dismay.

Wise Up

Homemaking
    D-Rank (+2)
    She has some skills in this area, coming from a fairly established but not terribly wealthy part of the community. She is fairly organized, owing to her artistic and visual nature. She is pretty well-liked by children and isn't likely to accidentally kill any children or pets in her neighborhood. However, she is easily distracted by other things and this might not be where her primary focus of life is, as a high school student.
    Imagine that the world is made out of love. Now imagine that it isn’t.

Imagine a story where everything goes wrong, where everyone has their back against the wall, where everyone is in pain and acting selfishly because if they don’t, they’ll die.
    Imagine a story, not of good against evil, but of need against need against need, where everyone is at cross-purposes and everyone is to blame.

Blog of Fiction for You to Consume
    Other Links

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Let Sakura say fuck and eat junkfood you weirdos.

Blog Entries
    Suda Rikiya

Suda's eyes watered as he he became the first person to enter the X-club since Kikikaikai-senpai had graduated. Not because of old memories resurfacing, there was just a lot of dust in the air.

...That was the reason he told himself anyway.

It probably said a lot about senpai that the white haired boy wasn't even surprised that they hadn't changed the locks and re-purposed the room in her absence. Despite the ever present need for more space and more club activity rooms, things senpai touched...became hers, became warped. Her scent never left them.

With a wry twist of his lips, Suda supposed that his very presence in the X-club meant that he was no different.

Rikiya's somewhat morbid thoughts were interrupted when, almost as one, two other suckers Mulder-senpai had her hooks into flitted by him and immediately started on some grand cleaning mission, barely muttering a greeting as they went by.

Rikiya thought about helping, but it was clear within a moment that people like these would neither want nor need his help, so Suda reconciled himself to simply staying out of the way, moving to the other side of the room, near the board.

He had a strange moment of vertigo as he watched the quickly bustling pair. There had been a time in his life when standing awkwardly aside while watching maids and butlers do there jobs was a not uncommon facet of life. It was funny what could randomly awake long slumbering memories.

Another girl also entered, Rikiya recognized her as his vote for the class president after...

That thought brought a grin to Rikiya's face which he quickly repressed. Popping the lid off a nearby dry erase marker, Rikiya walked over to the board and busied himself with...something. What it was could not be immediately discerned because his body, perhaps deliberately, blocked the view.

"If you find anything weird or dangerous looking," Rikiya mentioned without turning around, "put it on the table there. And try to handle it gently. I spent a while around senpai back in the day, though I never joined the club. Had to work. Anyway, ill take a look and see if I remember what it does. Mulder-senpai had a tendency to collect some really odd things, though at least, anything poisonous is probably dead by now."

...That may have sounded like a joke, but for anyone who knew Kikikaikai-senpai...well, it might be best to be careful.

After a few minutes more, Suda stepped away from the board, a mischievous glint to his eyes.

...and what had he done? It was simple. Beneath "Goon," there was a new entry.

Loony Toon: Funaba Miosa

...and under that, was a remarkably detailed and accurate drawing of the student, leg outstretched in front of her, flying through an open door, with a comically shocked look on her face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

I sighed as the club room came into view. Why'd I even come here? Really I just wanted to go straight home and brew myself a cup of coffee and test out Aniki's new additions to the menu.

But something was nagging me. Senpai had disappeared while I was being led to the nurse's office and I lost any chance of forcing a straight answer out of her. I certainly didn't want to go on a while goose hunt for some story that she came up with so the next best thing was to go check out the place she used to hang out at, the X-Club. If I was going to find answers, this was the obvious place to look.

Resigned, I steeled myself and flung open the door.

"Yo~."

The sight of several of the others cleaning greeted me. Seems like they all had the same idea or the room was so dirty they compulsively felt the need to clean it. Either way it didn't matter. All I really had to do was search the place under the guise of cleaning up and- My eyes finally fell upon the image on the board and white-haired snob giggling to himself with a marker in his hand.

"Hey!!!" Dashing over, I grabbed him by the collar, picked him up off the ground, and shook him for good measure. "You think you're a real funny guy you bastard?!"
    <Airen> I play hetero every once in awhile
    Spoiler:
    <~Katie> dude who gives a fuck about girls being gay, sometimes girls aren't gay and that decision should be respected

Spoiler:
    [12:21.40] that might be a top tier post[12:21.45] frantic[12:21.47] post of the month, even[12:21.48] this right here[12:21.49] is MC [12:21.56] johnny has nothing on this dude[12:22.00] he's the MC of the nisio half[12:22.12] so wait[12:22.15] [ ] is, after all, my rival character[12:22.16] am i the gag heroine[12:22.20] yes

Blog Entries
    Suda Rikiya
    Time: 15:23 - Afternoon

...heh.
    Suda was happier being around people that were strong. That meant at least one less person he would have to defend from the people who might come after his friends. and miss 'Toon was strong.

Lifting a person with one hand required strength certainly, but far more dexterity then one might think. Especially since Rikiya was taller. Doing it with relative ease implied a well trained frame, plus when she had introduced her comedy skit earlier, that kick had looked practiced...

...Though her landing could use some work.

Suda's eyes gleamed at the thought.

"You know miss Toon...I was thirteen the first time I was stabbed. Well, it was more of a cut then anything else, but it was still scary. When I was fourteen, A group of kids held me down and poured gas on my back. They then lit a match. I have a few scars. It wasn't even a year ago that a car jumped a curb and nearly ran me and my sister down. If she hadn't seen it coming and tackled me, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Found out later he used to be upper management under my father, but had recently got fired from a day laborer position. Very sad. I guess what I am trying to say is...if you want to scare me, I suggest you work a little harder."

Suda's expression then clouded over, losing the sense of levity. At the same time, his hands came up to his collar where he was being held, and applied pressure towards his shoulder with his right hand, and catching 'Toon's thumb with his left. At first glance, it looked like the beginning of a traditional jujitsu wristlock against an opponent grabbing at the defender's body...but something in Rikiya's grip suggested the technique had been altered.

"Also, if you don't let me go, I am going to break your thumb. Please consider this a friendly warning between club mates."

Wise up!

Athletics: ...High?
    Specialty: Judo ---> Brutal street fighting.

The martial art practiced by someone constantly on the defensive. Rikiya, a constant target for bullying, even from adults has refined judo training received in his youth into a truly brutal form of combat. While perhaps not as elegant as true masters of fighting, Rikiya has prioritized his style to be able to inflict debilitating injuries as quickly as possible whilst escaping grabs himself. As a result, he is capable of fighting even several trained opponents simultaneously. A vicious style that relies on just enough technique to find a weakness and a great deal of raw muscle to ruthlessly exploit that weakness, Rikiya's desperate fighting style is perhaps the natural development of one who constantly finds himself with his back against the wall.

...Enough information about Rikiya has been uncovered, additional information unlocked!

Azamori's Optional Boss

The nickname bestowed by the school nerds. Whether or not it is true, there is a pervasive belief among the school that the Suda family actually is not as broke as it seems. Besides that, its known that Rikiya works a great deal and also has at least one alternative source of money. Rikiya himself never seems to spend any funds, yet these rumors persist. As a result, it is widely believed that Rikiya constantly has at least 250,000 yen in his pocket at any one time, possibly even much more. A rich target for bullying and the kind of person whom the staff tends to turn a blind eye to, he would seem an excellent target to shake down for money.

...However, the money obsessed Rikiya boy fights with brutality and mercilessness against his tormentors, and many a fight has ended with bones broken and screams erupted that were caused by Rikiya, not done to him. These days, while Rikiya is still a target for assault, most forms of bullying take the form of indirect pranks and secondary mischief, as he is simply to tough a target for the direct approach. Rikiya himself does not get into fights, nor does he seek out enemies, hence people have to approach him instead. The school nerds joke that he is like that enemy one finds in RPGs, where if you can beat him you will receive amazing, game breaking rewards, yet nobody seems able to accomplish the task. It is for this reason that he recieves the nickname, Azamori's Optional Boss.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

love me until I love myself Prix with a Silent X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Tashima Akemi
    Time: 15:23 - Afternoon

Akemi felt her heart drop when she realized what was going on between Suda and Funaba. She didn't know what to do; she'd never been this close to anything so abruptly... raw, immediate, and dangerous. She looked up, staring at both of them. She swallowed hard, trying to feel that she could speak without her voice drying out.

"Stop," she said, her voice steady, soft but resonant. "... Suda, right?" she asked, in that same tone. "Don't," she requested, insistent but less than demanding.
    Imagine that the world is made out of love. Now imagine that it isn’t.

Imagine a story where everything goes wrong, where everyone has their back against the wall, where everyone is in pain and acting selfishly because if they don’t, they’ll die.
    Imagine a story, not of good against evil, but of need against need against need, where everyone is at cross-purposes and everyone is to blame.

Blog of Fiction for You to Consume
    Other Links

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Let Sakura say fuck and eat junkfood you weirdos.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Time: 15:30 - Afternoon

The cleaning, along with some tomfoolery that Akemi was already trying to defuse, had gotten well along the way. Minato's raid to the cleaning closet had been successful, and he had returned with just about every tool and bottle they needed. Thus, with mop and rag as his weapons, the boy had moved across the room like a small whirlwind, dusting shelves, wiping tables and cleaning the floor. Every second the old club room got a little healthier in looks, and the dust was making a fast exit out of the now-open window. Gentle spring breeze carried scent of cherry trees from the outside, making everyone feel slightly more energetic.

Which was perhaps not necessary when it came to Rikiya and Miosa.

The one in most danger had to have been Michio, however. The moment he opened the locker, he had to dive for cover. Book upon book practically avalanched out of the container, along with what seemed like a collection of holy symbols from around the world, a large Persian Carpet, a sword that was hopefully fake, drum slapped with twelve sealing tags and a small statue of a big-eyed humanoid creature the size of one's fist. They all clattered onto the floor, spilling out of the locker like a drunk man's lunch. What remained in there was just another big pile of books, a photo album, some cassette tapes, small travel TV, map of some sort and, weirdly enough, a key hanging from a nail inside the locker.

Still, despite Minato's expert cleaning, Michio had managed to make another mess with a single move. Quite an accomplishment.

Blog Entries
    Suda Rikiya
    Time: 15:30 - Afternoon

"Nnngh..." Rikiya couldn't help the moan of frustration that forced its way out from between his lips. You know, in his more melancholy mo0ments, Suda missed human contact. He would never say such out loud of course, but it was lonely always looking at someone and wondering when the knife, metaphorical or otherwise, was going to come out.

Then there were times like this when Rikiya thought of his blessedly alone self and wanted to smack the fool right upside his head for not knowing how good he had it.

No wonder Kikikaikai wanted the seven stooges together. Put them together for five minutes and you already had a pratfall down the stairs, a fight start, and a closet opening into a deluge.

Rikiya supposed all that was left would be for a bald man to walk in and poke him in the eyes, and the set would be complete.

Anyway, between Akemi and the new storm of bric-a-brac, Suda felt the tension in the air if not evaporate, then certainly shift directions.

"...And thats what I was talking about. There was just no way a room Senpai would leave a room this clean. Should have guessed she had shoved her collection in there. some of it anyway, thats not near all of it."

At this time it should be noted that Suda was speaking quite calmly despite the fact that his toes were still a few inches off the ground.

"OK...first, you and me, miss Toon, raincheck. " At that Sude reapplied pressure to the grip at his collar. he shifted the catching wrist upward against the flow of his neck, and pushed outward, putting his entire upper body against the weakest part of the grip, the thumb and broke the hold. He visibly forced himself to release Miosa's hand as opposed to following through with a hold himself.

"OK fellas!" Rikiya said, addressing the room. "Can I have a moment's attention? The stuff Kikikaikai hung onto is usually as dumb as she was, but its often dumb in a scary kind of way. I mean, holy hell, is that sword real? Wouldn't surprise me seeing as how I was actually there when she bought a similar looking one from a guy on the pier. Don't know where he came from and he weren't no shop owner. If we could try and get everything maybe put in some kind of order on the table without serious injury or setting off any more chain reactions, that would be peachy."

The white haired boy said that last part with a beady red eye turned at Michio.

"Seriously, accident's around senpai's stuff...or senpai for that matter, can get you hur..." Rikiya's voice trailed off as he approached the newly created mess. There was an incongruous key that had avoided the rest of the overflow. That was nothing special on its own but...It was actually kind of weird that Kikikaikai senpai had treated something with the bare minimum of care required to have left it somewhat safe in comparison to the rest of her junk.

Rikiya reached for the key, then hesitated a moment, his hand hanging outstretched in the air.

""...y'all might want to stand back. This is probably just a key, but knowing senpai, it might...also turn me into a magical girl, and lets face it, noooooobody wants to see that." Rikiya said, taking the key at last and glancing for anything it might fit into.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Time: 15:32 - Afternoon

Thankfully, the key did not turn Rikiya into a magical girl.

As he turned it around in his hands, he also saw that it clearly wasn't meant for anything in the room. Or if it was, it was hidden somewhere in the pile that Michio had unleashed. The key was old and rusted, made of heavy iron and blackened due to age. It easily dwarfed Rikiya's index finger, meaning whatever lock it was made for had to be quite large. The teeth of it were more akin to a thin block of metal with snaking pattern carved to it, and the handle was two rings intersecting.

But perhaps the most important fact was the array of small letters carved into the key.

Storage Shed​, it read.