Page 193 of 202 FirstFirst ... 93143183188191192193194195198 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,860 of 4040

Thread: Night of the TATARI: Wild Mass Guessing and What if's?

God have mercy on my rolls... Servant Shiki's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Noir
    So, here's a what-if. What if T. Shiki was taken from the hospital by Ciel (don't know how the hell she got there) and was raised as an Executioner for the Church.
    Lancer x Archer OTP
    Spoiler:

I3uster jizzes in his pants.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

God have mercy on my rolls... Servant Shiki's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Noir
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    I3uster jizzes in his pants.
    Ah, so I wouldn't be the only one then...Good!
    Lancer x Archer OTP
    Spoiler:

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    The Norse Gods are actually a horde of protogermanic super-warriors the likes of Arturia or Cuchulainn. Because writing was so rudimentary at the time they became immortalized as Gods but actually were people of Servant-level power.

The reason it took them so much effort to bind down Fenrir and the reason he'll supposedlyeventually break free and wipe everyone out at Ragnarok? He's Primate Murder. This is why we know it takes at least 7 Servants to subdue him.

黒いスサノヲ, Black Susano'oh IhaxlikeNoob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    The reason it took them so much effort to bind down Fenrir and the reason he'll supposedlyeventually break free and wipe everyone out at Ragnarok? He's PRIMATE MURDER. This is why we know it takes at least 7 Servants to subdue him.
    .........WHY THE HELL DIDN'T THINK OF THAT!? Fenrir as fucking Primate Murder!
    NASUVERSE STAMPEDE!!!

Blog Entries
    ...brilliant, Vagrant!
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    That thread has simultaneously respawned my disgust for 4chan, and ripped away some of what little hope I have left for humanity.

Was still hilarious, though.
    The first time I was overwhelmed by anime cuteness
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Sword View Post

Oh my God they look like adorable kittens I want to take them home with me!

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    So there actually is an parallel world with an entire "race" of nigh omnipotent cosmic horrors (maybe or maybe not the soul sucking type) that are trying to conquer the entire Nasuverse and beyond and everyone that tries to reach the root to gain enough power to have an glimpse of hope to fight against them gets stopped by them thanks to their nigh omnipotence?

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You know, that would kinda explain the whole Ymir's Gate thing.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    The Norse Gods are actually a horde of protogermanic super-warriors the likes of Arturia or Cuchulainn. Because writing was so rudimentary at the time they became immortalized as Gods but actually were people of Servant-level power.

The reason it took them so much effort to bind down Fenrir and the reason he'll supposedlyeventually break free and wipe everyone out at Ragnarok? He's Primate Murder. This is why we know it takes at least 7 Servants to subdue him.
    Don't believe Snorri's lies.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    If the Greater Grail is located in Fuyuki City and the branch families have residences set up in the area to easily set out and fight the others for the prize, then why in the Third War did so much crap go down in Tokyo? What does the information we know of say about this/what can we logically infer caused this to happens using our collective knowledge of the Nasuverse/real world politics of the time?
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    What does the information we know of say about this? What can we logically infer caused this to happen using our collective knowledge of the Nasuverse/real world politics of the time?
    Because having a sub-stroke within an alternative denoted by a stroke confused the meaning of the sentence. And because you dropped an extra 's' onto happen.

Answer: we know that not only was a great part of the War located in Tokyo, but that the IJA and the Nazis were involved. Both these factions are likely to have more of a presence and be more at home in the capital. This means there are possibilities such as conflict between factions which started under secrecy in Fuyuki flaring up more strongly in an area where both had more power and personnel; or an initial War in Fuyuki being 'rebased' by some participant to Tokyo for logistics/support/home advantage reasons.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    OMG NO ONE FUCKING CARES ABOUT YOUR GRAMMAR NAZING, SCHINDLER.

In all due seriousness, that is a nice and reasonably logical answer.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

夜魔 Nightmare
    I was under the impression that the stuff that happened in Tokyo during the Third War wasn't a part of the war per se, but was the result of the Army and Nazis butting into something that wasn't their business and stealing the lesser grail, taking it to a secure location, and the surviving teams going after them in an attempt to recover it, with the resulting conflict causing the lesser grail's destruction.

I also thought it happened in Kyoto rather than Tokyo, but that's neither here nor there.

Either way, Apocrypha seems to be saying pretty much outright (presuming its canonical status on such matters) that the Nazis and Japanese Army got involved at the behest or manipulation of one of the real masters, Darnic, rather than just swinging in for the hell of it to steal the magic cup, so it seems their participation was part of the war to some extent. Still, I somehow doubt they knew what was going on and were simply being used. And I'm equally sure the rest of the masters were spending most of their effort after that happened on fighting the Nazi science wizards and adorable teenage mikos drafted into the army anti-spirit division rather than keeping the grail war going in Tokyo.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    If the Greater Grail is located in Fuyuki City and the branch families have residences set up in the area to easily set out and fight the others for the prize, then why in the Third War did so much crap go down in Tokyo?
    My guesses would be: 1) we already know that the HGW has been different in the past (for example, in the beginning there were only the three knight classes). This could explain eventual differences between wars. Maybe after HGW3, the three founding families decided it was best to relocate the war on their home field, were they could control the situation better, instead of using any Japanese land with enough leyline power? 2) maybe the catalyst for the grail at the time was (temporarily) located in Tokyo (before being moved to Fuyuki), and thus the capital was caught int he crossfire between factions trying to get their hands on it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine View Post
    Either way, Apocrypha seems to be saying pretty much outright (presuming its canonical status on such matters) that the Nazis and Japanese Army got involved at the behest or manipulation of one of the real masters, Darnic, rather than just swinging in for the hell of it to steal the magic cup, so it seems their participation was part of the war to some extent. Still, I somehow doubt they knew what was going on and were simply being used. And I'm equally sure the rest of the masters were spending most of their effort after that happened on fighting the Nazi science wizards and adorable teenage mikos drafted into the army anti-spirit division rather than keeping the grail war going in Tokyo.
    No, the whole thing about Apocrypha is that it splits off from F/SN verse because the Grail was stolen in the Third War. I would be very wary about taking any of it for canon in this regard.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    screw the third war

i want the second war

in the bakumatsu

with samurais
    don't quote me on this

夜魔 Nightmare
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    No, the whole thing about Apocrypha is that it splits off from F/SN verse because the Grail was stolen in the Third War. I would be very wary about taking any of it for canon in this regard.
    It was my understanding, or presumption as the case may be, that Apocrypha's timeline didn't diverge until after the destruction of the lesser grail. I mean, I guess there's always going to be some degree of doubt as to what point during the Third War the timeline changed (unless the later two volumes clarify), but the way the first chapter described Darnic's actions in taking the Greater Grail made it seem like it was after things had ended.

I supposed its fair enough that we don't know one way or the other for absolute certain, but I don't think its unreasonable to make hypothesis on the basis that most of the info about the 3rd War in Apocrypha is accurate. It's not like we're likely to ever hear info about it any other way.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine View Post
    I was under the impression that the stuff that happened in Tokyo during the Third War wasn't a part of the war per se, but was the result of the Army and Nazis butting into something that wasn't their business and stealing the lesser grail, taking it to a secure location, and the surviving teams going after them in an attempt to recover it, with the resulting conflict causing the lesser grail's destruction.
    That was always my guess.

The lesser grail was still a physical object at this time, and we know its destruction forced the Einzberns to start offering up their homunculi as vessels. So if the government interlopers make off with the object, the remaining Servant-Master teams have to take a road trip to Tokyo if they want their wish.

Even if that's wrong, I'm leery of taking anything Apocrypha says as gospel. It's a spinoff playing by its own rules and back story. The point of divergence could be that Darnic succeeded in stealing the Grail where he normally fails. It could be that he didn't participate at all in the normal time line (which is the simplest solution, given that he didn't exist when Nasu wrote Hollow Ataraxia). Apocrypha might drop a few more teasing hints on us about how the Third War went down, but we won't have anything truly concrete unless Nasu decides to indulge us again.

Which isn't likely, if he was serious about Fate/Extra CCC being his last Fate project.
    Last edited by Imperial; September 8th, 2013 at 11:03 AM.

Blog Entries
    >Nasu
    >Serious

So stupid it's like I'm actually posting on 4chan!

Blog Entries
    Beside, he still hasn't added Gilgamesh to the third, second and first Grail Wars. How could he stop now?

You know you want to see Nazis interact with Gilgamesh. Pure comedy gold.

I am partially joking, but hey he added Gilgamesh to what was essentially a fanfic Grail War to begin with. It's only a matter of time.
    Last edited by Siriel; September 8th, 2013 at 02:34 AM.