Page 52 of 203 FirstFirst ... 2424750515253545762102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 4045

Thread: Night of the TATARI: Wild Mass Guessing and What if's?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyne View Post
    Baaaaaaw, I'm sad now.

She won't get another chance. The Grail is busted in HF. Plus, now she knows what the grail really is, so what's the point for her to use it?
    So, then, she goes to Avalon. What's the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Humans are biologically supposed to die also, yet that doesn't make it any less sad when one of us dies. I don't see how the fact that their death is inevitable makes it less tragic.
    Yeah, but those spirits are dead already. And, further, copies of them still exist in the throne. Except for Saber, of course, who if she is killed just goes back to her body with all her memories, which really means that she wasn't killed at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyarion View Post
    Unless Bedivere was hallucinating, Saber hasn't died yet.
    Yes, she has. She died 1500 years ago (well, if you discount the whole "going to Avalon" thing...).

Blog Entries
    Baaaaaaw, I'm sad now.

She won't get another chance. The Grail is busted in HF. Plus, now she knows what the grail really is, so what's the point for her to use it?
    Well, if the corruption carries over to the main body then I imagine her reason for seeking the Grail would be to gleefully unleash the destruction within onto the world. Because, you know. Evil.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, but those spirits are dead already. And, further, copies of them still exist in the throne. Except for Saber, of course, who if she is killed just goes back to her body with all her memories, which really means that she wasn't killed at all.
    It doesn't matter if they've died, because they're alive right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Well, if the corruption carries over to the main body then I imagine her reason for seeking the Grail would be to gleefully unleash the destruction within onto the world. Because, you know. Evil.
    Or her body will not accept the soul it's not familiar with, leaving her stranded in between life and death. And if she returns, she'll die. But the Fairies won't allow an impure soul inside Avalon.
    Last edited by Keyne; May 8th, 2011 at 07:58 PM.

I am going to guess at most she simply gives up on her wish, she doesn't seem all that different from normal Saber to be honest. Evil in the Nasuverse doesn't really do much beyond give you a new paint job.

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    I am going to guess at most she simply gives up on her wish, she doesn't seem all that different from normal Saber to be honest. Evil in the Nasuverse doesn't really do much beyond give you a new paint job.
    I agree.

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    It doesn't matter if they've died, because they're alive right now.
    ^This. They can interact with the people around them, they have the power to change things, therefore they have to be alive. Even if their memories are fake, they, as a person, are still just as alive as anyone else.
    Last edited by Airen; May 8th, 2011 at 08:17 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Or her body will not accept the soul it's not familiar with, leaving her stranded in between life and death. And if she returns, she'll die. But the Fairies won't allow an impure soul inside Avalon.
    That depends on whether her soul was actually corrupted to that extent. It's not by any means certain.

Bullshit.

See Sakura, for one thing. She was very different from normal. And, so was Saber herself, for that matter.

/obligatory

Blog Entries
    INB4 Kotomine is not always right.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

/obligatory

Surprised anyone noticed.

Also point out how Saber Alter acts differently. I argued she might react differently to Gilgamesh in the crack pairings thread because I heard something about disillusionment with modern humans, but other than that she acts pretty much the same with the minor exception that she always scowls.
    Loyal to master-check
    Brutally defeats opponents-check
    Wants to help people-check
    Concerned for Shirou-check
    Tough on above person-check

How is Saber Alter substantially different?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    /obligatory

That still does not in any way show that Angra Mainyu does nothing to people it corrupts but change their skin. Sakura quite obviously acts differently when under the influence of Angra Mainyu, and anyone who tries to claim otherwise wants their head examined.

Wants to help people-check
    When does Saber Alter ever try to "help people"?

Also, her canon alignment is "Lawful Evil". That's pretty good sign that her personality has changed....

Except "Evil" means diddly squat in the Nasuverse the most part. Heaven's Feel makes that quite clear.

From the scene where Illya is kidnapped by Sakura:

"…This is your final warning. Sakura will obtain the Holy Grail one way or another. That is the only way for her to be released.
    Even if the result is her death, Matou Sakura will be saved."

"If you wish to save her, then withdraw.
    Should you follow us in spite of that I will take your head."

/endquote
    Edit:
    Of course Sakura acts differently when she is possessed by Angra Mainyu, it is only when she accepts herself as a monster that it is able to possess her

Sakura performs acts she considers evil, she is then possessed by All Evils of this World.
    Normally this is pointless since it is "nothingness" and is nothing more than human evil that already exists, but Sakura is hooked up to a wishing machine by it and gets super powers.
    Edit2:
    Hey food (or anyone for that matter), do you have that part about Angra Mainyu acting as a mirror of humanity that deadfish posted?

Blog Entries
    And Dark Sakura initially wanted Shirou and Rin to escape before shit got real. She even said so to their faces while transfigured.

Of course, she hadn't gone off the deep end yet.
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Except "Evil" means diddly squat in the Nasuverse the most part. Heaven's Feel makes that quite clear.
    Erm, what?

From the scene where Illya is kidnapped by Sakura:

"…This is your final warning. Sakura will obtain the Holy Grail one way or another. That is the only way for her to be released.
    Even if the result is her death, Matou Sakura will be saved."

"If you wish to save her, then withdraw.
    Should you follow us in spite of that I will take your head."
    How is that her "trying to help people"? I'm pretty sure that Sakura quite specifically ordered her not to kill them unless they followed her.

Of course Sakura acts differently when she is possessed by Angra Mainyu, it is only when she accepts herself as a monster that it is able to possess her
    Erm, what?

People don't suddenly do a 180 degree personality change just because they "accept themselves as a monster".

Sakura performs acts she considers evil, she is then possessed by All Evils of this World.
    No, she performs an act which she considered "evil" (which, BTW, is blatently not), and thus allowed AM to take over in a moment of weakness.

Normally this is pointless since it is "nothingness" and is nothing more than human evil that already exists, but Sakura is hooked up to a wishing machine by it and gets super powers.
    Again, what?

This is the biggest pile of total bullshit I've ever heard from anyone. Dark Sakura is not just "normal Sakura with super powers". She acts totally differently in every way, and it's made quite clear in the game that AM is affecting her, not only when she's Dark but even before that.

That doesn't count like, at all. Angra Mainyu would have killed humanity. I mean, I know Sakura was saying something about aborting it, but seriously, I doubt that statement, and apparently Shirou did too.

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeWannabe View Post
    That doesn't count like, at all. Angra Mainyu would have killed humanity.
    Yes, and? Sakura wasn't trying to give birth to it, she merely didn't do anything to stop it (not that she could have even if she wanted to).

I mean, I know Sakura was saying something about aborting it, but seriously, I doubt that statement, and apparently Shirou did too.
    What, so you're willing to take Kotomine's word as absolute, but not Sakura's?

What? No, check the times. I was answering Erlkonig.

EDIT: OK, the times aren't trustworthy, ignore them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeWannabe View Post
    That doesn't count like, at all. Angra Mainyu would have killed humanity. I mean, I know Sakura was saying something about aborting it, but seriously, I doubt that statement, and apparently Shirou did too.
    I'm not sure if she knew everything would die yet. But, Sakura's intentions could not, at that time, that instant, be called evil.
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

She was living with ALL THE EVILS OF THE WORLD. How could she have expected it to be an isolated incident?