Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Concerning The Vanquishing Of A Certain Dragon

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Without this discussion turning into a flame-war (which I will do my best to prevent it from becoming).

And be sure to notify me when you come to a conclusion, either on this thread or through PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    I don't think this kind of rhetoric helps.
    Seriously, Royd, get off your high horse and tone down the melodrama. Enough of this bollocks about 'sworn friends' and 'letting him pass without note'. We didn't turn up to his house and cut his throat, and this is neither a courtroom procedural nor Lord of the bloody Rings.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    friends with the colorful names, tread carefully lest you get rolled

https://youtu.be/W3KYx1WDqBw Raylen Cypher's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Ask in PM.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    friends with the colorful names, tread carefully lest you get rolled
    friends with the colorful names, you are getting rolled, hard.
    This will be our running gag from now on, Lol.
    Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes
    A world where tragedy is the only measure by which a narrative holds value is not one I am going to live in even where the circumstances in a particular work are tragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    If an adult themed work can have graphic slaughter and the like, it can have sex. Just do it competently if you want to go explicit.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    How dare you she's a married woman
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    No but why ask him to pull out right before the end tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    God is dead and I'm gonna kiss all his cute girl saints
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    MAMA BURST
    A Writer's Fate
    F/GO JP (Updated: 4/11/2019)

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Seriously, Royd, get off your high horse and tone down the melodrama. Enough of this bollocks about 'sworn friends' and 'letting him pass without note'. We didn't turn up to his house and cut his throat, and this is neither a courtroom procedural nor Lord of the bloody Rings.
    But... being melodramatic is fun! Geez, you people... can't a guy play the hero just once?

Plus, viewing it all dramatically was a major help in motivating me to actually write the damned thing, which would otherwise have been a pretty dry chunk of text.

Maybe it's my advanced age of 26, but I can no longer tell who's trolling and who isn't
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth
    My stuff | GO stuff | YouTube | Twitter

Blog Entries
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RanonCap View Post
    Maybe it's my advanced age of 26, but I can no longer tell who's trolling and who isn't
    I... don't think anybody is? Except maybe the 'colorful names' people but honestly I'm not sure what it is they're doing.

Basically, as long as this situation remains as ridiculous as it is, you'd better believe I'm going to be enjoying the drama to the utmost. And if it catches people's attention enough that they actually take note of what I'm saying, all the better. It's not every day one gets to be a hero of justice, after all.
    Last edited by RoydGolden; October 18th, 2016 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Added second paragraph

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raylen Cypher View Post
    This will be our running gag from now on, Lol.
    stop following me!

https://youtu.be/W3KYx1WDqBw Raylen Cypher's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Ask in PM.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    stop following me!
    I see it on AS and look into the thread and notice the difference. :V
    Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes
    A world where tragedy is the only measure by which a narrative holds value is not one I am going to live in even where the circumstances in a particular work are tragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    If an adult themed work can have graphic slaughter and the like, it can have sex. Just do it competently if you want to go explicit.
    How dare you she's a married woman
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    No but why ask him to pull out right before the end tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    God is dead and I'm gonna kiss all his cute girl saints
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    MAMA BURST
    A Writer's Fate
    F/GO JP (Updated: 4/11/2019)

I... don't think anybody is? Except maybe the 'colorful names' people but honestly I'm not sure what it is they're doing.

Basically, as long as this situation remains as ridiculous as it is, you'd better believe I'm going to be enjoying the drama to the utmost. And if it catches people's attention enough that they actually take note of what I'm saying, all the better. It's not every day one gets to be a hero of justice, after all.
    there's no drama

there's a lot of people looking at you with this face: -_-

but there's no drama

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I just can't help but imagine what might have been, if Royd was here for Bittersweet.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Truly a missed opportunity, on the order of several years.

don't look at the ears Marmadillo's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    Your quest for the downtrodden is touching, Royd. I would however suggest spending your efforts more irl. There are always people in actual need of help and not enough of those who would bother to devote some time to them.
    Personally I find this tradition of sockpuppet banning a bit unreasonable, but thems the rules. And you're the only who seems to care much about this particular ban.

"To a man with a sense of shame, his word is inviolate." Ivan The Mouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I hate to say this, but speaking of melodrama, I see no signs of emotional involvement from neither Royd nor anyone here. (Admittedly, he said that whatever melodrama he is showing in this thread is just fun theatricals.) But this post, Seika? This is the closest to being the start of emotional involvement, akin to a person smoking near a open barrel of smokeless powder: He's aware what's inside the barrel beside him which is why he is careful, yet he might soon forget that due to complacency. Your post, Seika, is a short moment of forgetfulness around that barrel of explosive.

This is unbecoming of you, especially when you are, admittedly, one of the intellectuals of this forum as well as a part of the administration. I respect you for that, so please don't get too emotionally involved in this. Because once I see a post that shows signs of that kind of feeling, I feel it too. Then it all gets ugly.

Again, I hate to say this because this is off-topic as well as potentially inflammatory, but I did say it anyway because I am still concerned. Now, back to the topic at hand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marmadillo View Post
    Your quest for the downtrodden is touching, Royd. I would however suggest spending your efforts more irl. There are always people in actual need of help and not enough of those who would bother to devote some time to them.
    Personally I find this tradition of sockpuppet banning a bit unreasonable, but thems the rules. And you're the only who seems to care much about this particular ban.
    He just wanted to clarify why he was banned anyway. If the issue is resolved and made clear, then it doesn't matter if he is unbanned or not. Of course, he does care because he's his friend, but I am also curious why he is banned myself. I thought it was peculiar, although I know it can't be helped if it was legitimate. Also, Royd's melodramatic rhetoric is just, as he said himself, for fun.

So, I can't help it but to say "Why so serious?"

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    ??

We already said why, in Random Thoughts, in the conversation he was participating in. But for the sake of this thread, I might as well reiterate: Draconic got banned on suspicion of sock puppetting for CV and friends.

As for Seika's response, I can sympathize because I found Royd's tone through this whole thing personally offensive; not as a moderator but just as a person. You don't ask people to do you a favor by being so demanding and presumptuous. That's a good way to have your request ignored.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

don't look at the ears Marmadillo's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan The Mouse View Post
    Look, I don't think I'm particularly stealthy about what I'm actually saying.

mostly because this has already come up at least twice in RT where he was similarly melodramatic and demanding answers from people who didn't have them, so it's just annoying and not "for fun"

Blog Entries
    I would also like to vouch my support for Draconic, it may be worth all that much but he has been nothing but helpful to me and if he is a troll or sockpuppet of some sort I haven't seen any indication of that in my interactions with him both public and private.

"To a man with a sense of shame, his word is inviolate." Ivan The Mouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmadillo View Post
    Look, I don't think I'm particularly stealthy about what I'm actually saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gl☺w View Post
    mostly because this has already come up at least twice in RT where he was similarly melodramatic and demanding answers from people who didn't have them, so it's just annoying and not "for fun"
    It is for fun, but I agree that it can get annoying. I don't think he was doing this to spite you all or he is actually like this (unless, of course, I am proven otherwise.) but if it that annoys people, maybe we can tell them to tone it down with resorting to being passive-aggressive or sour or salty about it.

You people don't like demanding and presumptuous people? Then tell them to drop that attitude without acting like your all anticipating for them to go CRUISE CONTROL or be apeshit aggressive.

Trust me, it works. I used this approach to tell Vizor about his avatar, and also to Break when he was trying to get me to petition for him to be unbanned and I said no and I told him to let it go. Over Skype, I tell you.

It is for fun, but I agree that it can get annoying. I don't think he was doing this to spite you all or he is actually like this (unless, of course, I am proven otherwise.) but if it that annoys people, maybe we can tell them to tone it down with resorting to being passive-aggressive or sour or salty about it.

You people don't like demanding and presumptuous people? Then tell them to drop that attitude without acting like your all anticipating for them to go CRUISE CONTROL or be apeshit aggressive.

Trust me, it works. I used this approach to tell Vizor about his avatar, and also to Break when he was trying to get me to petition for him to be unbanned and I said no and I told him to let it go. Over Skype, I tell you.
    So, first you treat banning users like some kind of joke then you give me weird veiled threats when I try to ask what's going on.

Is this seriously how the forum is run nowadays?

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    dude chill