Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Concerning The Vanquishing Of A Certain Dragon

What makes this melodrama is that it's been dragged out and made a public issue while having no place being such, an in fact would be much more efficiently addressed directly with the people in charge.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    What makes this melodrama is that it's been dragged out and made a public issue while having no place being such, an in fact would be much more efficiently addressed directly with the people in charge.
    we should all just comment on his servant sheets tbh

"To a man with a sense of shame, his word is inviolate." Ivan The Mouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gl☺w View Post
    That doesn't invalidate my argument that we must tell him to, yes, calm down from such attitude without being passive-hostile about it. So, even if that's actually his personality, is it bad to talk to him normally?

my issue has never been the objection to the sockpuppet claim without sufficiently satisfactory evidence to someone who felt they were friends with the person

my issue is that he continued to tilt at windmills with such a single-minded pointedness to it even after he was informed, more than once, that the general public would not have those answers and that he should contact the mods directly if he had concerns, and it having been made abundantly clear that the rest of us didn't really care all that much

it is the dramatic insistence on making a scene that i have an issue with.

"To a man with a sense of shame, his word is inviolate." Ivan The Mouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner View Post
    If he wants to be the moral adult of the situation it's not unreasonable to expect him to behave as something other than a kid on a sugar high.
    And not unreasonable to not act like he's going to explode every time while talking to him, by taking a stance that seemingly implies that your about to explode on him too.

You want him to calm down, then calmly tell him to do so. This isn't 4chan, don't act like it is, no matter how hard you act like it is.

- - - Updated - - -

my issue has never been the objection to the sockpuppet claim without sufficiently satisfactory evidence to someone who felt they were friends with the person

my issue is that he continued to tilt at windmills with such a single-minded pointedness to it even after he was informed, more than once, that the general public would not have those answers and that he should contact the mods directly if he had concerns, and it having been made abundantly clear that the rest of us didn't really care all that much

I know. If you want, I'll go talk to him myself. One by one. On Skype, or anywhere else. Is that bad now?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear Consensus View Post
    we should all just comment on his servant sheets tbh

Blog Entries
    I actually want him to shut up not calm down, because the latter still means hearing about draconic's plight! I don't think that I'm hiding this, yes?

- - - Updated - - -

I also want Haseo freed of course but baby steps
    I'm saying "we should comment on his sheets" because that seems to be the most effective way of getting him over this topic. Coming from personal experience, of course.

On another note, why was Haseo banned, again?

don't look at the ears Marmadillo's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    But what if I don't read servant sheets? How can I help to remedy this situation?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmadillo View Post
    Personally I find this tradition of sockpuppet banning a bit unreasonable, but thems the rules. And you're the only who seems to care much about this particular ban.
    We strike for puppets while you're here; it's when you're banned that we immediately clear you out, because otherwise there's not much of a point to banning you. What would you suggest we do otherwise?
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan The Mouse View Post
    And not unreasonable to not act like he's going to explode every time while talking to him, by taking a stance that seemingly implies that your about to explode on him too.

You want him to calm down, then calmly tell him to do so. This isn't 4chan, don't act like it is, no matter how hard you act like it is.

- - - Updated - - -

I know. If you want, I'll go talk to him myself. One by one. On Skype, or anywhere else. Is that bad now?
    I don't see anyone of the commenters being unreasonable or 'acting like they're about to explode' itt. People are just annoyed, and being annoyed is no crime.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretend to care about Lesbian Bears and R&R the fixfic

- - - Updated - - -

For being so dumb that he looked like a CV puppet, despite being unfortunately legit. So exactly the same situation that we have here.
    I mean there was the whole foam-at-mouth men's rights tirade too, but sure. Some fun times were had at least.
    Last edited by Snow; October 19th, 2016 at 06:02 AM.

Blog Entries
    I actually want him to shut up not calm down, because the latter still means hearing about draconic's plight! I don't think that I'm hiding this, yes?
    So, you don't want to question why Draconic is banned? What, you actually hate the guy? Then put Royd in the ignore list and, better yet, don't visit this thread, much more post on it. It's that simple.

You think I actually care about what's happening in TM-GD or even post there? No, because I do not concern myself with the specifics of the Nasuverse and it's works. But do I go there and tell people to shut up? No. So I don't go there in the first place. I don't want to hear people being bitterly sarcastic when some newbies get specifics in the Nasuverse wrong, and potentially even get into emberwars over freaking nothing!

So, if you want him to shut up, don't resort to smug snarkiness and just tell him "Shut up. I don't care about Draconic's ban." Better yet, don't go in this thread and post there if you don't care. So yes, you're hiding it even in a passive-aggressive way, you only think that you're not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan The Mouse View Post
    So, you don't want to question why Draconic is banned? What, you actually hate the guy? Then put Royd in the ignore list and, better yet, don't visit this thread, much more post on it. It's that simple.

You think I actually care about what's happening in TM-GD or even post there? No, because I do not concern myself with the specifics of the Nasuverse and it's works. But do I go there and tell people to shut up? No. So I don't go there in the first place. I don't want to hear people being bitterly sarcastic when some newbies get specifics in the Nasuverse wrong, and potentially even get into emberwars over freaking nothing!

So, if you want him to shut up, don't resort to smug snarkiness and just tell him "Shut up. I don't care about Draconic's ban." Better yet, don't go in this thread and post there if you don't care. So yes, you're hiding it even in a passive-aggressive way, you only think that you're not.
    Except his stance on the issue was made blatantly obvious by him from the start, which is to my knowledge the exact opposite of passive-aggression.

And as wonderful as it sounds, 'just ignore it if it bothers you' doesn't work in real life, not should it.

Blog Entries
    Well this thread is going all sorts of productive places.

You've been told we're reviewing the case. Other than adding that I don't expect anything to come of this for at least a week due to other staff members' prior RL commitments, I don't think there's any more purpose to holding it open, if this is what comes of it.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair