Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Concerning The Vanquishing Of A Certain Dragon

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Concerning The Vanquishing Of A Certain Dragon

So, as anybody who frequents Random Thoughts is surely well aware by now that I have been contacted by Draconic over by PM on another forum as of this morning with important information regarding his banning. As his sworn friend, I am relaying it here in his stead to the best of my ability. Essentially, you can consider me to be speaking for Draconic until he is either unbanned or this issue is resolved to the both of our satisfactions. While this thread is mainly addressed to the moderators involved, I am making it public in an attempt to inject some accountability into a system that appears sorely lacking in such.

Essentially, what I want is for the moderators to enunciate clearly their reasons for banning Draconic, particularly their evidence tying him to this supposed dastardly user 'CV'. One such point of evidence was that Draconic himself apparently admitted to being 'CV' in the General News thread, shown as below. (With links if you wish to witness the affair yourself)

Quote Originally Posted by Whis View Post
    SHUT UP CV
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post
    fine, fine…
    But just be aware that the above was the only thing I said to be a troll here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whis View Post
    You just admitted to being cv
    Incriminating evidence, is it not? I thought so as well however, *cue Phoenix Wright music* the issue is not so simple! As Draconic himself said to me in conversation, he simply didn't want to appear stupid for not knowing who or what a 'CV' was in the first place, addressed the part he could understand (the trolling) and then simply went on his way. Henceforth, what appeared to the incurious eye to be crippling admission of guilt could very well have merely a display of perfectly understandable lack of foreknowledge!

Other issues also arise such as Draconic and this mysterious 'CV' sharing different IP addresses, posing an obstacle to them being the same person. It's true that, and I acknowledge this just in the interest of fairness, Draconic/'CV' could be accessing this forum from a different location (such as a public library) in order to disguise his true identity. However, at the very least differing IP addresses should count as a serious point against them being one and the same.

Draconic assures me that he would not so much mind being banned so long as the mods acknowledge publically the true reasons for such and the basis of their decision. If Draconic was banned simply for being 'annoying' or a 'nuisance' as some users have callously put forth, then the moderators should admit they banned someone solely on those considerations. The mods may ban who they may and their authority may well be absolute, but we as the public, as well as the user in question, have the right to demand an official and dignified explanation. People here should not be banned for reasons invisible and ineffable to all but the moderator elite.

If Draconic is gone for good then so be it, but I shall not let him pass quietly or without due note!

Also, Draconic would appreciate all the sordid details concerning this 'CV' user so he can report his misbehaviors to other forums. If the mods wish to comply, then they can PM that information to yours truly who, as his self-appointed representative, will promptly relay them to him on the other forum.

This is the sole declaration of someone who chose to stand by their friends until the very end.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    this is GD not support
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    this is GD not support
    Can this be moved to the proper place then? I thought putting it here would get the most attention, admittedly didn't check as to whether a more fitting location existed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    It is now.
    Ah. Never mind, then.

Why do you keep calling him by his initials and act as if he's some mystery entity, Draconic found out who he was and contacted him more than a day ago.

Also if you can link the other forum you communicated in, that'd really help both you and us out.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    Why do you keep calling him by his initials and act as if he's some mystery entity, Draconic found out who he was and contacted him more than a day ago.

Also if you can link the other forum you communicated in, that'd really help both you and us out.
    Damn. He didn't notify me on that at all (to be fair, he hasn't gotten back to my PM yet). Full disclosure on his part would definitely help, I'll admit... (I mean, I do know that CV stands for Crying Vegeta and he has an account over on DeviantART, but pretty much nothing else)

The other forum is SMW Central, a site for creating fangames in the Super Mario World engine. I'm a user there by the same name I go by here (RoydGolden). Draconic has just signed up there by his BL username as well, but only has one post so far (which is asking me to check the PMs he sent out).

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by RoydGolden; October 18th, 2016 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Provided Link

Blog Entries
    Update: I included a link to SMW Central as requested. Admittedly, you could just Google it anyway but still... Anything to make this process happen a bit smoother.

Oh wow, and looking at Thread Information apparently Hermes is here now as well. I'd been contemplating PMing you for your opinion on this issue as my other primary friend here (since ZSB just about left the forum ages ago) so feel free to give your two cents! I know you're here...

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I literally only just got back from a weeks holiday. This is all news to me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    I literally only just got back from a weeks holiday. This is all news to me.
    Oh wow. I was wondering a bit why I haven't been seeing you as of late. Must've seemed like everything just exploded up all of a sudden, huh?

Though this only got started when Draconic got banned about two days ago, so you don't have that much catching up to do if you want to be fully informed.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    So basically, the mods think that Draconic is CV? Any conclusive evidence on this? It's best not to base stuff, like this, on circumstantial evidence. For example, on Lolicit, Virgorival was banned because his fan art style was "too similar" to Angel Wings's (Angel Wings is a banned user). After being banned and experiencing some very nasty forum drama, AW ended up being unbanned for some reason, and it was found out that the 2 were actually different people, so VR was also unbanned.

Of course, AW got banned again for something completely different, but that's another story. Point is that a ban, like that, occurred because of "similar" art style, but something that's flimsy and circumstantial. Draconic is not on my friends list, so it's not like I have any vested interest in him, but something, something, this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blacks...7s_formulation

Blog Entries
    Draconic's gotten in touch with me again tonight with some more fresh information, so I'll be updating the thread once more.

For one thing, Draconic's account predates CV's on DeviantART by about a year, so if anything, CV would be a sockpuppet of him and not the other way around. Also, Draconic's been a somewhat prolific fanfic writer before any of this came up and CV is apparently(?) not a native English speaker, which is something to consider as well. Here's his dragon-certified account on Fanfiction.net, in case anybody's curious to verify. I might actually check out some of his stuff myself, since we are friends and all...

Basically, Draconic has been active on all kinds of forums and websites all with very similar dragon-related handles and goofy behavior, so the idea that he'd just randomly decide to masquerade as some guy named 'CV' in order to troll seems rather bizarre and, as far as I can see, unjustified. It just doesn't fit into his existing pattern at all.

And apparently the only reason at all given for his ban was "keep on crying" with no capitalization or punctuation. I dunno. Seems very dubious to me...

I very much hope that this issue can be resolved peacefully, and will keep on pushing until a fair and equitable outcome is realized.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, I only hope that the mods on here are not as crazy as the ones on Lolicit, who, I hope, facetiously, demanded photo ID evidence. Basically, stuff, like that, like the "keep on crying" reason, are constant reminders that forum mods are not professional anything.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    So mods, is universal ignore just a joke or something you can really put into action here?

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wasn't that Omega guy on universal ignore for a while?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    So mods, is universal ignore just a joke or something you can really put into action here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    It's not part of our official punishment arsenal, so we don't really have an occasion to use it, and omega's situation was revoked in view of that. The only vaguely recent time it's come up was as a potential way to spite ZeX, when he posted what he did to try to get a ban, but that was discarded in favour of just getting him gone instead (which I heavily pushed).
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    For years, iirc
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    It's not part of our official punishment arsenal, so we don't really have an occasion to use it, and omega's situation was revoked in view of that. The only vaguely recent time it's come up was as a potential way to spite ZeX, when he posted what he did to try to get a ban, but that was discarded in favour of just getting him gone instead (which I heavily pushed).
    oooh. I always thought it was a joke.

Thanks for replying.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I very much hope that this issue can be resolved peacefully, and will keep on pushing until a fair and equitable outcome is realized.
    Peacefully? As opposed to what? I don't think this kind of rhetoric helps.

We're currently sorting through the issue.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post

As opposed to demanding photos with hand signals as proof or something ridiculous, like that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post

Without this discussion turning into a flame-war (which I will do my best to prevent it from becoming).

And be sure to notify me when you come to a conclusion, either on this thread or through PM.