Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bungou Stray Dogs

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Strong stuff.

oh wow, high school Ranpo (or is it Rampo)

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    Strong stuff.
    oh wow, high school Ranpo (or is it Rampo)
    "Rampo" is how it was Romanized when his books were first published, but in the hundred-ish years since then the accepted Romanisation is now "Ranpo" so it's up to you which way you write it since neither is technically incorrect.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    Episode 20 has arrived and damn it is awesome.

Kyouka is slipping back into her old ways, Moby Dick is an armoured whale-ship thing, Lovecraft no sells Q's madness, Yokohama turned into a zombie apocalypse, Lucy is crushing hard on Atsushi (harem when?) and now an alliance between the Agency and the Mafia. Leaning a bit on the fourth wall there with that book Atsushi read as a child being from the real life Atsushi Nakajima.

Next week is "Double Black" and that can mean only one thing...

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Did Lovecraft transform into Cthulhu?
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Episode 20 has arrived and damn it is awesome.

Kyouka is slipping back into her old ways, Moby Dick is an armoured whale-ship thing, Lovecraft no sells Q's madness, Yokohama turned into a zombie apocalypse, Lucy is crushing hard on Atsushi (harem when?) and now an alliance between the Agency and the Mafia. Leaning a bit on the fourth wall there with that book Atsushi read as a child being from the real life Atsushi Nakajima.

Next week is "Double Black" and that can mean only one thing...
    Yeah, this episode was great. I actually got the quote that Atsushi recites at the end (mainly because it's listed as his motto on the series wiki) but I wonder where the other one comes from? "I've never regretted doing something in life, I've only ever regretted the things I didn't do"? That also sounds like it must be a book quote of some sort, but I'm not sure from who.

Mainly though, this is a chance for Atsushi to actually show off and act like a protagonist for once rather then (understandably) moping and getting the shit kicked out of him every episode. While the jump off of Moby Dick was the most obvious 'badass' moment, it was also great how his harsh upbringing managed to let him reach out to Lucy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Yeah, this episode was great. I actually got the quote that Atsushi recites at the end (mainly because it's listed as his motto on the series wiki) but I wonder where the other one comes from? "I've never regretted doing something in life, I've only ever regretted the things I didn't do"? That also sounds like it must be a book quote of some sort, but I'm not sure from who.
    That's the joke, since no one knows where it originated.

Y'know, when I first heard about Twain's Ability I wasn't sure what to think but after seeing it in action I love it.

Also Atsushi/Lucy is now my OTP. <3

Blog Entries
    That's the joke, since no one knows where it originated.

Y'know, when I first heard about Twain's Ability I wasn't sure what to think but after seeing it in action I love it.

Also Atsushi/Lucy is now my OTP. <3
    Joke? I was under the impression it was a real quote that was just unsourced, given this is obviously a series with a ton of literary references.

Atsushi x Lucy is nice, but I'm still holding on to Atsushi x Kyouka for now (though the age differential is a little... eh).

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Aren't they only three or so years apart? That's not all that odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    They're not so far apart but he's legally an adult in most states while she's just early into her teens, so it can read as a bit uncomfortable.

I mean, I think the pairing's cute but I can definitely see why people might have reservations or choose to 'ship' them more platonically.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    4 years, but it's more the fact that Atsushi is legally an adult while Kyouka is a child.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Huh, I thought he was younger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    you can have love and not have it be sexual

Pretty good episode, season 2 sure is an improvement. Q failing against Lovecraft, and the hijacking of her/his? power reminds me of Kingsman.

That Lucy and Atsushi conversation was actually played out really well. I'm in Skull's camp.

It's kind of brilliant or just smart how Melville and Twain can complement each other to assert air superiority. There's some poster on reddit that gives out pretty insightful commentary on how the themes, history, and personalities of the authors clash against each other, and gets pretty meta.

Man, I guess I'll go binge the manga now.

Blog Entries
    This was a good episode and all, but... how in the hell did Dazai get that bomb inside Lovecraft's Cthulhu form at the end? I guess Chuuya could've planted it while he was tearing his way through, but it didn't seem like he had anywhere near the mental acuity to do such a precise thing at that point. It was a cool scene for sure, but the logic kind of strains.

Blog Entries
    Ah, that was a great episode. "Double Black" of course referring to Chuuya and Dazai together. Mori and Fukuzawa meeting together was epic with some subtle foreshadowing about how Mori's Ability works.

But obviously the meat of the episode was the fight against Lovecraft and it did not disappoint. Chuuya's "Corruption" form was epic to see and Lovecraft went full Cthulhu.

As for next week's episode, I'm so glad they aren't skipping E.A Poe. I really wanted to see him most of all out of the Guild members. <3

--Edit--
    ^ I completely forgot to reply, but what happened is when Lovecraft ripped off Dazai's "Arm" (actually his cast) it contained the bomb inside of it. Thus when Lovecraft transformed into Cthulhu while holding the cast it got dragged into him.
    Last edited by Skull; November 25th, 2016 at 06:53 PM.

Blog Entries
    I completely forgot to reply, but what happened is when Lovecraft ripped off Dazai's "Arm" (actually his cast) it contained the bomb inside of it. Thus when Lovecraft transformed into Cthulhu while holding the cast it got dragged into him.
    Ah, I did not get that implication at all. You'd think a series that feels the need to include Atsushi orphanage flashbacks every five minutes would devote a little time to explaining that pertinent detail. I wonder if it was any clearer in the manga? Also, does that mean Dazai just randomly kept a bomb inside his cast in case somebody ripped it off? Knowing him, I wouldn't be surprised...

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Ah, I did not get that implication at all. You'd think a series that feels the need to include Atsushi orphanage flashbacks every five minutes would devote a little time to explaining that pertinent detail. I wonder if it was any clearer in the manga? Also, does that mean Dazai just randomly kept a bomb inside his cast in case somebody ripped it off? Knowing him, I wouldn't be surprised...
    I rewatched the scene and Lovecraft's tentacle had Dazai's cast and it's never shown dropping it before he drags the tentacle into him to transform. But I admit it's confusing and it could have been shown better
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Lovecraft being something different is appropriate.

and holy shit, Corrupted Chuuya could probably kick Akutagawa's ass.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    Lovecraft being something different is appropriate.

and holy shit, Corrupted Chuuya could probably kick Akutagawa's ass.
    Corrupted Chuuya seemed really freaking powerful. Probably one of the few characters in this series on par with Heroic Spirits.

If not for the whole 'dies a couple minutes after using it unless Dazai saves him' thing, anyway.

Blog Entries
    Another thing I really liked about this episode was that it highlighted the relationship between both Dazai/Mori and Dazai/Chuuya. That moment between Mori and Hirotsu in particular was quite poignant.

As for why Dazai was carrying a bomb in his cast, he didn't know for sure that Chuuya was going to come help so he probably planned on sneaking in grabbing Q then blowing the place up as he left.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Okay, finished with what EGS left off after dropping it due to Yen Press release.

Holy crap, the reveals. I'm pleased as punch, because so far, what I've seen has this series getting better and better.

You guys are in for a treat for the finale and this week's ep is gonna be JoJo as fuck.