Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Thread: Rin Tohsaka, bisexual or straight?

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    @lordbeerus: I'm an admin lol.

Cyan = admin, green = moderator.

I don't really consider it an out-of-bounds topic. Sexuality is a common topic in the Nasuverse, and there's source material there to discuss.

If people don't want to talk about the topic they can just let the thread die.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Ok, I just assumed it was bad cause it's a replicate thread and a locked one to boot
    Well, more than half the posts were a bit disrespectful too...

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner View Post
    Oh, God.
    Not again.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbeerus View Post
    Ok, I just assumed it was bad cause it's a replicate thread and a locked one to boot
    It's not a bad topic per se but if you wanted to get discussion going you probably should have started with a simple hook then worked all your points in over multiple posts in conversation; just slapping an essay about it in the OP is too distracting because seriously who thinks about cartoon characters' sexuality that hard.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Welcome lordbeerus.

As for the topic, like everyone in TM, Rin is Saber-sexual.
    don't quote me on this

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbeerus View Post
    Well, more than half the posts were a bit disrespectful too...
    That's because there was another user that spent like literally every post obsessing over the topic and driving every thread into that direction, to everybody's annoyance. So when you made the topic, it instantly reminded people of that.

Anyway the topic itself is fine.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    seriously who thinks about cartoon characters' sexuality that hard.
    well i mean, we have our answer

@ Mcjon01

It's more like I watched all the animated Fate and read the Vn and its sequel so I had a lot of time to think about an endless amount of topics

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AvengerEmiya's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    because seriously who thinks about cartoon characters' sexuality that hard.
    A surprisingly large chunk of the comic book industry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andaeus View Post
    Oh, fun! How often does a story actually leave the Idea Thread?
    Fate/Grand Order Doujins That Don't Suck [Updated: 3/2]

JP Friend Code
    Why is it always Rin anyways? Does this say something about what kinds of fans she attracts?

I'm fine with everyone being bisexual because fanart and doujins.

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    But is that really Rin? Who can know? What does the source material say?

Quote Originally Posted by Magikewl View Post
    Why is it always Rin anyways?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Why is it always Rin anyways? Does this say something about what kinds of fans she attracts?
    You're right, why doesn't the Saber equivalent of the thread exist?
    don't quote me on this

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    she's the bicycle of the fandom because she's so easy to ship with people

inb4 joke about unicycles vs bicycles or something

@Magikewl
    Because Rin's tsundere, so it makes you want to catch her. Sakura lacks character and saber is moe

Also, as I see it Saber is clearly straight. She never shows even a slight hint of liking girls. The best you can find is that H-scene and she was literally saying Shirou a few times while Rin prepared her for him.
    After the H-scene in which Rin is forced to have sex with saber, saber's mind is 100% set on Shirou, it's as if nothing ever happened with Rin. This proves IMO that no matter what Rin does, saber never sees Rin as a love interest. She was also very proud saying things like "Shirou knows my body best" and stuff like that. Seriously, if I hadn't watched the H-scene [or if I had read the Realta Nua version ] I'd say Rin was never there cause Saber's attitute towards Rin doesn't change one bit whereas his attitude towards Shirou makes a 180º change. It was clear she loved him, but after that she's so lovestruck she can't even spar with him.

About Rin, once Saber is gone at the end of the route she goes after him in semi-suttle ways [and she never had sex with him]. It's not like in UBW where she almost forces him, but she's clearly making an effort to get his affection. In her final scene she's almost flirting with him. She even wakes up early and controls the timing to meet him at the right time and be able to walk to school with him [that is something even Shirou doesn't consider doing]. If Shirou's mind wasn't so focused on Saber he would realize that Rin is going for him in every route and "The last episode" wouldn't exist, it would be a Shirou-Rin ending.

Rin actually had a much deeper relationship with Archer than with saber. In case you didn't notice In UBW episode 25 whenever the sun rises/sets Rin looks at it with a sad and lost in thought expression. Why does that happen?

The reason is because she remembers Archer. Notice that this conversation with Archer takes place in both endings, not just the true ending (visual novel source). The first time we see Rin doing that is one month after the Grail War.

As you can see Rin is lost in thought. Then he says:
    "Track team? No, I was always in the archery club." "…I see. Well, I guess there are times like that. Seeing the setting sun just reminded me." Telling me to forget about it, Tohsaka continues to drink the orange juice.

That is the scene Rin was looking at. As you can see the sun is setting. Just after this CG Shirou thinks about archer:
    "I recall that red figure one more time. Neither this classroom nor that fight will change. Everything is the same. Everything is an illusion like a mirage that disappears when one turns around."

And the next CG is:

:

As you can see there is a setting sun. In UBW Rin has been seeing this scene in her dreams many times. Just like Shirou and Saber were connected in the fate route through dreams, Rin and Archer were connected in this route and she kept dreaming about Archer and those swords in a rising or setting sun.
    I am sure she's thinking of Archer because he's the ONLY character that has made Rin cry. Rin never cries. She's always cold or even if she's not she just takes action, no one breaks her enough to cry. Throughout the WHOLE game Rin has only cried 3 times, all of them in UBW, she doesn't cry in the fate route nor in Heaven's Feel.

The first time she cried was when having a dream about Archer. She woke up in tears, brushed them off and tried to start the day normally. Notice that a dent had already created. This time was just unconcious crying in a dream.
    The next time she cried was when archer betrayed her to join caster. She told him that he's hers and that she would recover him and he'd regret what he did (as you can see these aren't exactly vengeful words. Seems more like she's gonna scold him). Once Shirou tries to protect her he says some words to her and she starts crying. Later she hugs Shirou. Notice that this time 2 people made her cry: Betrayal by Archer and Shirou being there risking his life for her.

The last time she cried was the longest time Rin has ever cried. It was her farewell to Archer. Notice that this part will be the real answer to why it is a fact she thinks about Archer.

She begs him to form a contract with her: "Archer. Form a contract with me again."

Archer says:

"I cannot do that. I do not know if you will keep your contract with Saber, but I am not qualified for that. And I do not have a goal anymore. My battle ends here." His reply is free of doubt and his will is strong. His face is as bright as the rising sun, and how can she force him when he's making a face like that?"

Notice that Rin even thought about forcing him but saw there was nothing she could do. Notice the reference to the rising sun. Rin thinks: "His face is as bright as the rising sun".

All the time Rin is crying. Rin just cries for Archer:

"Man. I do not have any attachment to this world, but…" It's troubling to have her cry. For him, the girl always has to be a positive, indulgent realist. He was always encouraged by her figure. So he wants her to stay that way until the very end"

Notice that Rin changes for Archer/Shirou as Archer thinks. She's always realistic, never crying amd always taking action.

She knows Archer is not really Shirou, even if they had the same starting point. Her archer is a different person that she loves dearly and will never return.

…The future might change. If a girl like her stays with Emiya Shirou, the hero Emiya should not be born. His words contain such hope.

""Ar… cher…" The boy and the man are two different existences. They only have the same starting point, and he is an ideal that the boy
    dreamed of."

Notice that this CG appears A LOT. I remember thinking back when I played the VN that it was a very annoying CG. I think they showed the rising sun over 10 times. It always went lik this: Image of Rin and Archer - Image of the rising sun; image of Rin and Archer - Image of the rising sun and many times.

Even 2 years after that she still makes that look when the sun is either setting or rising.

Last of all, Shirou makes sad faces as well 2 years after UBW true ending. He's thinking about saber. At almost the beginning of the episode Rin asks Shirou to take a walk in the park after classes. He makes a sad expression and says it's nothing. Rin then makes a look of understanding. The next day Rin takes Shirou to Glagow to allow him to pay his respects to Saber. “You remember how you told me that day that you wished you had the chance to say a proper goodbye. Now’s your chance”. Once they reach the tomb Rin says: “I’ll give you some time alone” and goes away to prepare the picnic. Shirou then says his goodbye words in front of her tomb. At the end he says: “Thanks for taking me there, it means a lot”.

In the happy ending he gets saber so that won't happen. Rin will still feel sad when the sun rises or sets though.

Also, did you guys notice Rin becomes obsessed with Shirou in every single route and pursues regardless of the situation? No other girl, not even Sakura, does that. She's the most daring heroine.

In the Fate Route once Saber is gone she starts her attack. In her final scene she's almost flirting with him. She even wakes up early and controls the timing to meet him at the right time and be able to walk to school with him [that is something even Shirou doesn't consider doing]

In UBW Shirou actually shows interest in Rin. Rin as a the obsessive girl she is considers it natural that it means they will always be together as a couple and Shirou no longer has a say in the matter. It's an order, not a request. That doesn't mean she doesn't pay head to Shirou's wants though. She accepts it will be a nuisance having to follow him around since he wants to become archer (last scene of episode 25) and that he needs saber in UBW good ending.
    In Fate Hollow Ataraxia future Rin from UBW states: "Rather than becoming happy together, I will, with no questions asked, and more than anyone else, give him happiness". It almost made me cry. Not really, but it did stir something within me.

In Heaven's Feel after returning to the Emiya House (after spending 1 year in London) Rin says: I've been going out with boys but whenever I am with them I can't concentrate cause that fool's face appears in my mind. Am I in love with him?
    Not undermining her Shirou obsession she also thinks she wants to move in with him and her sister.

In Fate Hollow Ataraxia she goes after him and tries to make him hers. You would think it's normal but given that there are already many girls surrounding Shirou anyone sane would just give up on him. In the true ending Rin is just hilarious.
    Last edited by lordbeerus; January 17th, 2017 at 02:05 PM.

Queen of Love and Beauty GhostDIGIT's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    I'm fine with everyone being bisexual because fanart and doujins.
    same
    Spoiler:
    The Best Thing BlackBlade's Ever Said.
    Quote Originally Posted by black1blade View Post
    Just watch KNK, read fate and tsuki then just never bother with another nasu thing again but continue to use BL regardless.

Dullahan's Writing Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    I hope you love purple prose, pretentious dialogue and oblique references to Hegelian philosophy too motherfucker 'cause that's what's up

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    she's the bicycle of the fandom because she's so easy to ship with people

inb4 joke about unicycles vs bicycles or something
    Just bring out the fandom tricycle and we're all good to go.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyvale View Post
    Just bring out the fandom tricycle and we're all good to go.
    shirou?
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

Is this forum always like this? more than 40 posts in less than an hour.