Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2710111213141722 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter 2016-2017 anime

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raylen Cypher View Post
    Yes, and it sounds great. But the looming sense of NTR triggers me (unless that's just Pai's wishful desires ala Magi).
    Heh.

Blog Entries
    Some /a/non threw out subs for Seiren.

That whole toilet thing was weird af, though.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    That 2nd episode of Youjo Senki was fucking great. I knew I was gonna love this despite the anime designs for Tanya and Visha, and I'm right.
    Can't wait for next episode
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

https://youtu.be/W3KYx1WDqBw Raylen Cypher's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Ask in PM.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NMR-3 View Post
    Some /a/non threw out subs for Seiren.

That whole toilet thing was weird af, though.
    I've had weirder dreams, what really bugs me is how the transition from one place to another is extremely fluid but baffling.

Strike The Blood II OVA 4: So that's Kojou's father huh, love the fact that he called Yukina out on her "observing," lol. Haha Astarte with the mirror. That double Motoki punch.

Yukina's still a pain in the ass.
    Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes
    A world where tragedy is the only measure by which a narrative holds value is not one I am going to live in even where the circumstances in a particular work are tragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    If an adult themed work can have graphic slaughter and the like, it can have sex. Just do it competently if you want to go explicit.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    How dare you she's a married woman
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    No but why ask him to pull out right before the end tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    God is dead and I'm gonna kiss all his cute girl saints
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    MAMA BURST
    A Writer's Fate
    F/GO JP (Updated: 4/11/2019)

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    so Tanya just wanted to do desk work, being too stronk is not good sometimes.

https://youtu.be/W3KYx1WDqBw Raylen Cypher's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Ask in PM.
    Blog Entries
    I just started watching it and already I love what I'm seeing. Also...

This Opening.

THIS FUCKING OPENING.

I'm so happy for this literal tribute to Moon/Terra Route with mutha effin' 旅 (Tabi) Journey as the song

And btw, from the new Chief Animator/Director(?) to commemorate Season 2's premiere...
    Last edited by Raylen Cypher; January 15th, 2017 at 07:00 AM.
    Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes
    A world where tragedy is the only measure by which a narrative holds value is not one I am going to live in even where the circumstances in a particular work are tragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    If an adult themed work can have graphic slaughter and the like, it can have sex. Just do it competently if you want to go explicit.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    How dare you she's a married woman
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    No but why ask him to pull out right before the end tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    God is dead and I'm gonna kiss all his cute girl saints
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    MAMA BURST
    A Writer's Fate
    F/GO JP (Updated: 4/11/2019)

Wow this Rewrite episode was actually good.
    Also I really hope they include Rewrite of the Life and Canoe
    Aus Feuer ward der Geist geschaffen,
    drum schenkt mir süßes Feuer ein!
    Die Lust der Lieder und der Waffen,
    die Lust der Liebe schenkt mir ein,
    der Trauben süßes Sonnenblut,
    das Wunder glaubt und Wunder thut!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Just got around to watching ACCA episode 1. Digging the art style and setting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

demi-chan: the date was nice but lol it looked like nice boat.

マリーの味方
    i want to bully Satania

Time for me to spout an unpopular opinion here
    I actually like HandShakers. I dig the fight people and then fight God plot, I unironically love the visuals and music and I like most characters I've seen, except the generic MC pair, but they're so generic that while I might not love them, I don't hate them either. So the MCs don't bother me. I also love the MCs gear power, specially that huge gearsword.
    This is my honest opinion after watching episode 2. I expect few people will agree if there's anyone who agrees to begin with, but I don't like to think of myself as so special that I'm the only one who likes or hates something. There must be more people
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

I can't watch more than two consecutive minutes of Handshakers without feeling the urge to vomit, so I don't have any opinion on it except that it has a stupid name and the premise reminds me of Mai-Hime

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    Time for me to spout an unpopular opinion here
    I actually like HandShakers. I dig the fight people and then fight God plot, I unironically love the visuals and music and I like most characters I've seen, except the generic MC pair, but they're so generic that while I might not love them, I don't hate them either. So the MCs don't bother me. I also love the MCs gear power, specially that huge gearsword.
    This is my honest opinion after watching episode 2. I expect few people will agree if there's anyone who agrees to begin with, but I don't like to think of myself as so special that I'm the only one who likes or hates something. There must be more people
    Yeah, there's definitely people around who like it, though overall response does seem to be overwhelmingly negative.

Personally I didn't so much hate it as find it just boring, and even then they were parts which caught my interest (such as the mythology behind the setting and how the whole 'Koyori needing to hold Tazuna's hand or else she'll die' thing will play out in future). It's honestly the kind of show I wish there was more I could like about it, since a lot (like the gear-sword you mentioned) is definitely cool on paper. I'll probably check out the second episode anyway, in fact I may just do so after typing this up now that you've alerted me it's out.

Really, a lot of the new year's anime so far doesn't seem to be my thing. Only shows I can see myself maining are Akiba's Trip and maybe Little Witch Academia.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So, I just finished watching the second episode of Hand Shakers. I have to say, it's a lot less obnoxious then the first one. The camera isn't constantly twirling and moving around while characters stand in place, so those who suffered bouts of nauseua from the self-indulgent camera tricks will probably find this one a whole lot more palatable. That said, aside from some cute moments with Koyori and Tazuna's parents (probably the best characters alongside goofy professor guy, they really do feel like two adults who love each other), there was nothing terribly original or interesting in this episode either.

Most of the episode consisted of exposition (livened up by the professor's silly attitude), setting up for future conflict and by-the-numbers romcom antics with Koyori. The idea of Koyori needing to hold Tazuna's hand 24-7 has potential for some creative scenarios (both fanservicey and dramatic), but so far all we get out of it is a cliché bathing scene that's nothing one hasn't seen in half a dozen harem/ecchi anime. (And done better too, since this was neither particularly funny or titillating)

It doesn't help that Koyori herself is such an enigmatic cipher at this point. She's obviously intended to evoke the concept of 'moe' as somebody Tazuna (and by extension, the audience) wants to care for and protect, but even by those standards her total lack of any kind of discernible personality or emotions makes it pretty much impossible to form any kind of attachment to her at anything but the most superficial level. Having the primary heroine be such a non-entity completely drags down the narrative, and even scenarios featuring her that could be cute or entertaining just come off as bland and lifeless due to her total lack of personality.

I'm aware Koyori might get better later on (I have to admit, the pictures of her smiling in the ED credits did tug at my heartstrings) but as of now, she ain't doing it for me.

I'll have to check out the next episode to see if the fight-scene in it (and I presume there will be one) is any less lackluster then the first. If not, then I'll almost certainly be dropping this show, as much as some elements of it do interest me. At least the OP is one thing that's unquestionably good.

So, Maid Dragon is great funny and cute. And I keep waiting for the day the 12 episode limit fucks Silver Link in the ass and Chaos;Child'll become a disaster. For now, however, it's enjoyable and as someone who read Chaos;Head a while ago and loved it, I like it. Akiba's Trip is more hilarious and fun than it has any right to be. And Konosuba keeps being great. I have some great wednesdays
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

so Datenshi vs Damegami

place your bet.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So I'm putting ACCA 13 as my surprise of the season. It seems like such a boring idea, on paper but in practice is so interesting. Kind of like Rakugo. And KonoSuba.

Also, in Tales, how do people not realize Rose is an assassin? She has a pair of skull and crossbones buttons on the front of her shirt.
    Last edited by Mattias; January 19th, 2017 at 12:25 AM.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.