Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2530333435363740 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadowverse aka Hearthstone for Weeb Trash

Charon is gone, right? I had a stupid amount of fun in my 5-0 Charon surprise value run.
    Quote Originally Posted by ほうれん草 View Post
    STOP SHOOTING EACH OTHER YOU FUCKERS

I'm trying to watch anime FFS

I've drafted three Shadowcraft runs which is admittedly not much of a sample size, but so far my verdict is that it's. not good

Generally for an expansion to keep a class good in Take Two it's more important to not add bad cards than to add good cards. Say, a class getting three good cards and one that's absolutely unplayable is worse than a class getting four average cards.

Now, pre-TotG Shadowcraft was one of the classes that already had it's share of situational and unplayable cards so drafts were fairly likely to get wonky. But with this new expansion, chances are that you won't just be offered Nephtys and Midnight Haunt for your legendary/gold pulls, but Death's Ledger as well, a card that does literally N O T H I N G

And that's not even including the dead silvers: Rise of the Dead, Lurching Corpse and Ghostly Grasp immediately come to mind, which are now a whole lot more common with Standard rotated out. Although in this case, I suppose you can make the argument that Standard silvers were garbage in their own way.. I'm looking @ u ethereal form

TL;DR: MY DRAFTS WERE TERRIBLE AND IM SALTY

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Desuclocker View Post
    Charon is gone, right? I had a stupid amount of fun in my 5-0 Charon surprise value run.
    She's Darkness Evolved so she's in

Rise of the Dead is great, though. Your opponent be like "hahaha, die Khawy/Lord of the Flies", and then you emote amazement and begin Round Two.

I'm confined to midrange Sword because I don't have a wallet, feels bad

- - - Updated - - -

And just after making this post I draw my third animated Tsubaki

is this feeling in my chest.. love

Okay, Dragon is actually incredibly annoying in T2. The one I just dueled (and triumphed over) played 3 Lightning Blasts (RIP Leonidas and Pepe, gone but not forgotten) and had other removal as well (and I finally thought it was safe to Bahamut, too). And of course, he also had Sybil, Dragon's Nest and Fervor for the draws and healing.
    Last edited by Desuclocker; April 5th, 2017 at 11:33 AM.

Okay, so I just found out that Forest is pretty much unplayable in T2.

Fairy generation is gone (your best generator, I shit you not, is freaking BAALT), bouncing is gone as well, which means that both combo and handsize effects are complete shit. Incidentally, Forest doesn't have anything else to rely on. Your removals are laughable (Swords to Woodlands is about the opposite of its namesake in power, and Pegasus Elf is, well, Pegasus Elf), and your legendaries range from barely usable (Tia, and don't ever expect to trigger her effect) to absolutely worthless (Anomaly, looking at you). Long story short, I'm lucky I went 1-4.

Wow.
    Last edited by Desuclocker; April 6th, 2017 at 07:44 AM.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I had a 4-1 with Forest but then again I had White Wolf, Fairy Queen and Anomaly and could stall games forever, force hard removal then play Anomaly and murder people. Pretty sure that would've gone 5-0 in more competent hands.

The legs are actually pretty nice, it just sucks that the generators are mostly gone. Also Yuel is one of the best T4 evos around rn and you get her pretty often. And Fairy Cage is the craziest shit but I didn't get it. It's horrible if your opponent has it though.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

I had one Yuel option, didn't take it. Also had options for Queen and Wolf, but decided against since the other pair seemed better every time (I had a Bahamut, only to never get to turn 10 OR see it). In the end, it doesn't even matter Sword counters you super hard (that's a nice Anomaly you have there, I'd like to introduce it to this one amulet…), and everyone else can just build board and win with it because you don't have any answers. Conveniently, said board can also kill a surprise Anomaly.

Blog Entries
    With all the t4 boardswingers gone Yuel is actually a must-pick imo because she gives you the same effect as those most of the time, and we all know how crazy those were in arena.

And yeah a sword rushing you down is bad news but I usually could stall for long enough and then stabilize. Then again I had 3 Yuels in that draft I think so I pretty much hit her every game.

It's very polarized since it really depends on you picking up great golds and legs but it can turn into a murder machine. Definitely better than pre-exp imo.

The problem is, stabilizing is very hard when you have no card draw, barely any heals and plenty of cards with subpar/awful effects (just compare Sukuna, the 2-drop you'll have 3 of almost for sure, to Simone). I maintain that you had extreme luck.

- - - Updated - - -

In Sword, the one other class I played T2 with this exp, I had enhanced Simone block the enemy, I had Jolly Rogers (who got Rush every single time), and if my enemy left my board uncleared with me at 8+ mana, he got punished by Walfrid. What can Forest do?

Blog Entries
    You have draw though, wings is harder to get off but it's still there and better than other classes draw by a long shot just by virtue of frequency.

if you compare every class to sword youre gonna have a bad time

- - - Updated - - -

Sword has Albert almost every game, Jeno and Blitz in the common and silver slot. It's still the #1.

As I said, I only have Sword to compare with in the first place, as I won't bother looking up every card I think of to see if it's in or not. Speaking of Sword… Avant Blader. Also, using up 3 cards to draw 2 doesn't seem like the best of plans to me (I only had 1 chance to pick Wings up, by the way, took it). As a cycle, it's downright inferior to, say, Monastic Holy Water. And finally, I just drafted a Dragon deck… well, Fervor and Counsel say hi.

Blog Entries
    Sword is straight up the best thing right now because its 2 power commons that made it broken as shit last exp are still in and now come up more often, even if you have a harder time going hard on 2 drops. And you are basically guaranteed to get an Albert. And Jeno is still in there too.

Dragon is good (also real power legs this exp) but a wings turn is less of a tempo bleed than Fervor. And Dragon doesn't really have power golds outside of Polyphonic and Grea, as well as its Silver/Bronze base looking real fucking dire outside of its ramps. It's just that ramp is real silly in arena since removal is so sparse so even an Inferno Dragon can just be the end for your opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    And you are basically guaranteed to get an Albert.
    hahaha

that's the exact reason i never do well in t2

i have the kind of luck that makes me draw legendaries i don't even remember as sword

the kind of luck where dragoon and reina are the BETTER options UGH

at least the pack gave me 2 legendaries, one is my 4th jeanne tho
    Last edited by Desuclocker; April 6th, 2017 at 09:49 AM.

congrats, that means she's basically married to you

- - - Updated - - -

Take Two sucks ass btw but Forest is good

Quote Originally Posted by Lace View Post
    congrats, that means she's basically married to you
    ikr, one of them is animated, too

I seem to attract playsets of beautiful, pure maidens, as Jeanne and Aurelia would attest.

For some reason, the Gsun Haven I've barely modified from RoB is holding up surprisingly well in A rank. I just won 4 games in a row with it, the first being against Pepe Sword (poor guy lost all 3 Pepes without touching my face once), the second against Ramp Dragon (that one was weird, the guy actually ran Odin), the third being Aggro Shadow (pretty close, he got me to 1 HP but the 13/13 wards proved a bit too much) and the last being Dshift (for that I have no explanation). Are A-ranked players just that bad or something?

Gsun Heaven vs Dragon is fucking terrifying

but in general All Players Are Bad, in all ranks

Quote Originally Posted by Lace View Post
    Gsun Heaven vs Dragon is fucking terrifying
    Not if he wastes all of his evolves on freaking Owl Guardians that immediately get Tribunal'd (also works as a Bahamut deterrent, neato!) while you still have 2 left to use at leisure lol

I didn't even need Santa nor CoC, I just murdered him with my Unica that never died since she was played T2 and a surprise Moon along with whatever else was on the board.

When I think about it, OTK Forest is probably one of the better cheap decks to rank up with atm.