Page 170 of 188 FirstFirst ... 70120160165168169170171172175180 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,400 of 3751

Thread: Fate/Extella Story and Lore (free range spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Blastedspider View Post
    I am talking in context of this quote. "When it was still alive".
    That just means that they will remember everything that happened to them in life. Even if they don’t have the emotional connections towards it yet because they were summoned at a younger stage of when they were than when they died such as Fionn.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    It talks about "abilities".

- - - Updated - - -

My point is that nothing in-universe prevented Charlemagne from having weird adventures. It isn't really justified by anythig besides "cuz reasons".
    When you put it like that it makes you wonder why does King Arthur have a sword that shoots a laser beam, why does Heracles resurrect himself a bunch of times instead of having a bunch of different NPs that he can choose from, and why did Martha beat up an innocent dragon.

Blog Entries
    If I say I have all the memories of everything I did yesterday, does that somehow preclude me from having any of today’s memories as well? I should think not. Live by the nit, die by the pick.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Unrelated to Link, but it appears that the person Li fights at the end of his substory is Okada Izou? Not too sure bout that tho
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    What mcjon said. Also the quote simply said this servant (copy) will have all abilities and memories of the heroic spirit that it got back then. But that doesn't mean those are the only things this servant will get. The servant can get stuffs associated with them later one cuz throne record, the servant can get stuffs they don't even have in life (Medea's Rule Breaker)...etc.

US Friend Code
    Okay I got Karl's stats. It goes something like this.

Str: B. MGI: C
    End: A+ LCK: A+
    Agi: C. NP: A+

Here are his skill names. I have to find their descriptions later.

対魔力:EX
    真名看破:C
    神明裁決:B

カリスマ:B
    大帝特権:A+
    典礼改革:A
    聖王:A

And here's a brief desciprtions of his NPs, don't know how accurate.

聖剣ジュワユーズ
    第一宝具。
    カール大帝とシャルルマーニュ共通の宝具だが、史実に生きたカール大帝ではその真価を発揮でき ない。

カロルス・パトリキウス
    第二宝具。
    自動拡大型巨大要塞。カール大帝の電脳体を覆う鎧であり、機動聖都領域そのものである。パトリキウスは本来 、ローマおよびイタリアの守護者へと与えられる称号。
    聖なるかな、今こそ威光が地に満ちる(カロルス・パトリキウス・アウクトリタス)
    第三宝具。
    カロルス・パトリキウスの奥の手。巨大要塞を攻撃形態へと大変化させ、あらゆる敵性体を一掃す る。
    カロルス・パトリキウス・ディミッテ
    第四宝具。
    別名「最後の審判(ウルティム・プロパテール)」。異星鍵(モノリス)の力を得て、サーヴァントのみならず SE.RA.PHの全電脳体を一度に同化することが可能。ただし、この場合一挙に同化できるのは全体の六割 程度。残りの四割は意識を維持できない。

That's it, I'll see if I can find the description of those skills
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    What mcjon said. Also the quote simply said this servant (copy) will have all abilities and memories of the heroic spirit that it got back then. But that doesn't mean those are the only things this servant will get. The servant can get stuffs associated with them later one cuz throne record, the servant can get stuffs they don't even have in life (Medea's Rule Breaker)...etc.
    This are just mental gymnastics. That episode clearly states that once they die Heroic Spirits are not changed at all, and the Servants are copies of them while alive. In fact there are several other instances in original Fate titles there legends are dissmissed as inaccurate, most glaring of them is Artoria being a woman.
    It just latter works contradicted this.

JP Friend Code
    His first 3 skills (MR EX, True Name Discerment C, God's Resolution A) are all Ruler class skills so you don't have to find descriptions but maybe his has some extra lines.
    His other skills are: Charisma B, Great Emperor Privilege A+ (variation of imperial priv???), Liturgical Reform A, Holy King A.

- Joyeuse description: 1st NP. The NP shares between Karl and Charlemagne, but Karl cannot showcase its tru value due to him living in reality. (It's basically a reverse of Charle's descriptions)

- Carolus Patricius description: 2nd NP. Automatic enlarging gigantic stronghold. This includes the armor that covers Karl's digital frame and the territory of the Mobile Holy City. Originally Patricius is the title given to the guardians of Rome and Italy.

- Carolus Patricius Auctoritas: 3rd NP, Carolus Patricius's trump card. Turn the gigantic stronghold into attack form, sweeping all enemies at once.

- Carolus Patricius Dimitte: 4th NP. Also known as Last Judgment (Ultimu Propater). By obtaining power from the Alien Key (Monolith), it is possible to assimilate not only Servants but all digital bodies in SE.RA.PH. However in this case about 60% can be fully assimilated, while the remaining 40% cannot maintain their senses.

- - - Updated - - -

This are just mental gymnastics. That episode clearly states that once they die Heroic Spirits are not changed at all, and the Servants are copies of them while alive. In fact there are several other instances in original Fate titles there legends are dissmissed as inaccurate, most glaring of them is Artoria being a woman.
    It just latter works contradicted this.
    Again, the lore dumper "assume" that they won't change at all. It's not the narrator's voice - the voice of the author. It's a common technique in writing. You let someone say something then later flip it to reveal "nah, it's actually like THIS" as a form of surprise.

Again, the lore dumper "assume" that they won't change at all. It's not the narrator's voice - the voice of the author. It's a common technique in writing. You let someone say something then later flip it to reveal "nah, it's actually like THIS" as a form of surprise.
    Except that never happened in F/SN. If anything, it didn't happen at all, and new works simply ignored that bit.
    And seriously why everyone ignore the fact that Saber is a girl? Is Merlin at it again?

US Friend Code
    Thanks Mizu. Surprised he just has B Charisma. I was so certain he'd join Iskandar as the 2nd A. But whatever, Dimmite can probably make up for that. Interesting seeing that he has his reforms as a skill, wonder what it does. I'm curious as you are on his Privilege. So wait does his NP just expands on it's own then?

Also what does it mean that only 60 percent can be assimilated. Is that just talking about Seraph?
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    Except that never happened in F/SN. If anything, it didn't happen at all, and new works simply ignored that bit.
    Except that it did, more than just once. I just told you Medea's case above. Rule Breaker was not something she had in life but crystallized as part of her betrayal witch legend when she died and became HS, meaning the assumption is wrong on that. Heck it is even her Divinity as a demigod manifested. Gilgamesh's GoB also turned into a concept NP instead of just the vault of king. Heracles's God Hand too. The author might not come out and say it, but it acts as a surprise for the reader.

If the heroic is recorded at the exact state they were when they die and nothing change them, these case wouldn't happen in the first place.

Except that it did, more than just once. I just told you Medea's case above. Rule Breaker was not something she had in life but crystallized as part of her betrayal witch legend when she died and became HS, meaning the assumption is wrong on that. Heck it is even her Divinity as a demigod manifested. Gilgamesh's GoB also turned into a concept NP instead of just the vault of king. Heracles's God Hand too. The author might not come out and say it, but it acts as a surprise for the reader.

If the heroic is recorded at the exact state they were when they die and nothing change them, these case wouldn't happen in the first place.
    Except:
    A) It is never said that Medea didn't had Rule Breaker in life, and Gilgamesh according to F/SN simply had all the treasures in the world.

Let me tell you about the most ancient time, when the world was still one.
    That kingdom flourished, and the king collected every treasure in the world.
    There was nothing he could not collect, and he lacked nothing.
    The king had a perfect treasury, and the masses of weapons in there were never used, but instead went to sleep with the king."
    "The story is that simple.
    After the king's death, the contents of the treasury room spread all over the world. They were valued because they were splendid swords, and they eventually became Noble Phantasms"

B) None of them are treated as a reveal showing that Shirou was wrong.

Another good example would be Edison and Tesla. I don't think that Edison died a lion or Tesla being able to shoot out lightning when he was alive.

-------------------------

Thanks Iceblade and Mizukume for the info and translation. I wonder why Karl's charisma is only rank B in oppose to Charles's rank EX. Also makes me wonder what would be the rank of the charisma skill of the 'true' Charlemagne.

And there is Elephant in the armor called Charles Babbage.
    I guess due to lack of legends, the Throne went with drugs-induced hallucinations.
    Last edited by Blastedspider; June 13th, 2018 at 07:57 AM.

Fate/stay night is a bad example because it also says at one point that even fictional things (or even animals, plants and objects) can become Heroic Spirits as long people believe in the legend.

Blog Entries
    Just a quickie, I saw the video with the True End posted a few pages back and have to point out one interesting trivia I noticed: when describing Charlemagne's "previous life", Karl refers to it as a "pruned event". In that same topic, Charlemagne himself uses terms we usually see when talking about parallel worlds (or games with multiple routes...).

Master of Chaos' Servant Standards

F/GO ID: 011416057/カオス

quote for higher truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Get famous in America, you're American. That's literally how America works.
    Unless you're Justin Bieber, Canada didn't want him, but America refuses to claim responsibility
    Quote Originally Posted by In a certain South Park episode...
    Kyle Broflovski: And what happens when an invulnerable cheater comes up against an elitist corporate dictator?
    Eric Cartman: A perfect storm of hypocrisy that everyone in the country has to deal with for months on end.

Quote Originally Posted by yokushi View Post
    Fate/stay night is a bad example because it also says at one point that even fictional things (or even animals, plants and objects) can become Heroic Spirits as long people believe in the legend.
    And it has examples of such, which are ignored as much as Arthur's gender.
    Sasaki Kojirou and to a lesser degree Hassan (19 candidates instead of 1 true HS).

And it has examples of such, which are ignored as much as Arthur's gender.
    Sasaki Kojirou and to a lesser degree Hassan (19 candidates instead of 1 true HS).
    Those aren't Heroic Spirits, they are Wraiths and Heroic Spirits Candidates at best as explained in the Fate/side material.

JP Friend Code
    Except:
    A) It is never said that Medea didn't had Rule Breaker in life, and Gilgamesh according to F/SN simply had all the treasures in the world.

B) None of them are treated as a reveal showing that Shirou was wrong.
    Nope.
    A) CMII: According to Caster, “This is a sword of negation and betrayal, that nullifies every kind of magecraft in the world.” Capable of returning objects strengthened with magical energy to their former state and nullifying connections bound by contracts, it could be said to be the ultimate “anti-magic” Noble Phantasm. It is an effect suitable to the Noble Phantasm that is a manifestation of Caster’s Divinity as the “Witch of Betrayal”.

B) Gilgamesh obtained all treasures in
    the world
    Mesopotamia world
    . He has prototypes of things of different civilizations because he is the first hero, not because he actually collected all of those. Once he entered the throne, the concept of him being the original hero granted him the ability to have the prototypes of all NPs of later heroes, which is also the reason his GoB constantly expanding, and that the contents already surpassed his knowledge.

Also Shirou as a narrator, think carefully about it for a second and you know how trustworthy the guy is. It's the same case as Saber going on about how Servants can only have max 3 NPs and the Gil show up spamming a bunch of them. It is done for the shock factor, no matter if you like it or not.