Page 188 of 188 FirstFirst ... 88138178183186187188
Results 3,741 to 3,751 of 3751

Thread: Fate/Extella Story and Lore (free range spoilers)

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Thanks, castor!

Also, I just realized I posted my question on the wrong Extella thread. D'oh!

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    my take is that in pruned line wwhere charles choose fantasy got pruned
    but in the locked line where karl fight in reality, fantasy pruned charles was still sung by bards even if the line was not the pruned one

this would explain how Karl said the twelve paladins was his elite even in reality even if twelve paladins stuffs almost always about the fantasy world
    I thought this was pretty clear in the game. There were a few lines explaining the "split". There was a time Karl had a dream as a kid, want to fight for the people and become their hero, but he abandoned that dream. Because back then he thought he could befriend people of different social status and drink with people who worship different gods, shit (reality) hit the fans. He abandoned the childhood path, went on to only worship his one God, etc. That is the turning point. Charles is basically a what-if (Lostbelt) Karl who chose to stick with his dream instead. So there should be a pruned timeline (Lostbelt potential maybe even) where Karl chose to be Charles. And since the Throne records all what-ifs of a heroic spirit as well, it would also record Charles. However due to pan-human history being the canon route, Charles route was treated as fantasy.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the paladins of Karl is mixed with the paladins of Charles so you have a weird Astolfo and so on. Karl's Astolfo had stuffs like NPs and funky shits from Charles's Astolfo told by bards added to him in the throne...etc

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Hi guys, I'm dumb, I love Fate lore but I don't understand jackshit

So... Astolfo that we know of, from Apo, is that Charlie's Astolfo or Karl's? And if it's Charlie's Astolfo, then how can normal HGW summon something so irregular that it's considered a miracle in the Moon Cell?

US Friend Code
    Astolfo is both because most Servants have aspects of reality and fantasy mixed into them. I think something in Link also says normally trying to summon Charlemagne would result in Karl with some of Charl's aspects, too. It's just that for this game they're summoned separately from each other, which isn't the norm.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Levani View Post
    Hi guys, I'm dumb, I love Fate lore but I don't understand jackshit

So... Astolfo that we know of, from Apo, is that Charlie's Astolfo or Karl's? And if it's Charlie's Astolfo, then how can normal HGW summon something so irregular that it's considered a miracle in the Moon Cell?
    Our Astolfo is Karl's who got messed up with Charles'. The same applies to the rest of the paladins, the real versions of them (Karl's) got mixed with the fantasy ones (Charles') in the throne.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Astolfo is both because most Servants have aspects of reality and fantasy mixed into them. I think something in Link also says normally trying to summon Charlemagne would result in Karl with some of Charl's aspects, too. It's just that for this game they're summoned separately from each other, which isn't the norm.
    Yup.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    I thought this was pretty clear in the game. There were a few lines explaining the "split". There was a time Karl had a dream as a kid, want to fight for the people and become their hero, but he abandoned that dream. Because back then he thought he could befriend people of different social status and drink with people who worship different gods, shit (reality) hit the fans. He abandoned the childhood path, went on to only worship his one God, etc. That is the turning point. Charles is basically a what-if (Lostbelt) Karl who chose to stick with his dream instead. So there should be a pruned timeline (Lostbelt potential maybe even) where Karl chose to be Charles. And since the Throne records all what-ifs of a heroic spirit as well, it would also record Charles. However due to pan-human history being the canon route, Charles route was treated as fantasy.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the paladins of Karl is mixed with the paladins of Charles so you have a weird Astolfo and so on. Karl's Astolfo had stuffs like NPs and funky shits from Charles's Astolfo told by bards added to him in the throne...etc
    it wasnt clear because i played the english version and well

lets just say i do a double check on listening

with that said, i personally am more comfortable with my second interpretation

btw did you find the text with archie in it?
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

It also looked strange for me that everyone act like they never met Archimedes before. And Hakuno even directly says it:
    Spoiler:

I first thought that it's some sequel hook for next game and something related to Velber or Archimedes makes others forgot about him - like it Gilgamesh extra story in Extella Gilgamesh never heard about Archimedes (and Altera very surprised about it).

But I checked Japanese version, and that last line doesn't exist there. Narrative end here and next line is just Elizabeth speaks.
    Spoiler:

Still everyone act like they don't know him, so I don't even know anymore if it is supposed to be sequel hook or just plot hole or what.

Hello, it had been one year since I finished link but this question still haunts me: what is the general consensus on Charlemagne, is he full fantasy or is he historical and Karl is the fiction, the answer in the game doesn't make sense he remembers things that only the "historical" Charlemagne/Karl should have seen plus all signs point to the magical paladins being historical so why isn't their magical king considered real too

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Servant Charle in any other setting'd be a mix of both, like most servants are combining myth and reality, even if some like Vlad III don't like the myths associated to them. Moon Cell shenanigans separated them, but it's revealed in the final route the separation wasn't perfect. Thus Charlie has some of Karl in him and Karl has some of Charlie in him.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Well, "in any other setting" is probably not entirely true since I think we can all agree that if they come to FGO it's 100% going to be 4* welfare servant Saber Charlemagne and 5* Limited servant Ruler Karl as two separate people. (Then again, chances are that those are literally going to be the separated-by-the-Moon-Cell versions, or that the separation is used as a justification in some way.)

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    By the end of Extella Link, Hakuno was already acting to resummon their split selves. Karl and Charles are never going to be the same, just like Amakusa continues to be a Ruler and Kojirou is still the same as FSN.