Page 184 of 188 FirstFirst ... 84134174179182183184185186 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,680 of 3751

Thread: Fate/Extella Story and Lore (free range spoilers)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I was also going to list the Yellow Turban Rebellion, but that was Daoists, rather than Judeo-Christians, anyway.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    幻想の騎士として召喚されたシャルルマーニュは、カール大帝としての記憶は朧気な代わり、邪悪な怪物と戦い 十二勇士と冒険をした記憶を持っている。
    だがそれは、剪定された事象に過ぎず、彼の記憶は全て詩人たちの作った妄言、妄想、物語である 。
    故に、シャルルマーニュという英霊に生前は存在しない。
    シャルルマーニュ本人は記憶にある歴史、土地、国、仲間、冒険が全て空想の物語であることを認識し理解して いる。
    Memories of fighting evil monsters and adventuring with the twelve paladins replace Charlemange's vague memories as Karl the Great, when he is summoned as an illusionary knight.
    However, those are nothing more than events that have been pruned. His memories are all the ravings, delusions, and stories originating from poets.
    Therefore, the life of the Heroic Spirit known as Charlemange's did not exist.
    Charlemange himself recognizes and understands the history, geography, country, companions, and adventures of his memories are all fantasy stories.
    found this on the jp wiki
    1. Is this legit?
    2. does this mean that legend of a fictional person that directly contradicts historical reality of the person that legend is based off considered events that are pruned?
    I'm trying to think of someone other Charlemagne that might fit this description.
    Err Vlad and Dracula maybe and that's why he gets some Dracula memories as Berserker. So then in magecraft terms we would considered the legend of Dracula as a pruned event?
    You'd think Carmilla and Liz would fit but they dropped the soap on that one making Carmilla just older Liz.
    Last edited by You; November 5th, 2018 at 06:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    whoops servant lore is contradictory and inconsistent WHO KNEW
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    幻想の騎士として召喚されたシャルルマーニュは、カール大帝としての記憶は朧気な代わり、邪悪な怪物と戦い 十二勇士と冒険をした記憶を持っている。
    だがそれは、剪定された事象に過ぎず、彼の記憶は全て詩人たちの作った妄言、妄想、物語である 。
    故に、シャルルマーニュという英霊に生前は存在しない。
    シャルルマーニュ本人は記憶にある歴史、土地、国、仲間、冒険が全て空想の物語であることを認識し理解して いる。

found this on the jp wiki
    1. Is this legit?
    2. does this mean that legend of a fictional person that directly contradicts historical reality of the person that legend is based off considered events that are pruned?
    I'm trying to think of someone other Charlemagne that might fit this description.
    Err Vlad and Dracula maybe and that's why he gets some Dracula memories as Berserker. So then in magecraft terms we would considered the legend of Dracula as a pruned event?
    You'd think Carmilla and Liz would fit but they dropped the soap on that one making Carmilla just older Liz.
    Karl did mention pruning phenomenon when talking about Charles, I need to find the exact scene but I do remember he said that.

And I think it's true, because now that we knew Ghost Liners are "recollection of past events" and is independent of time and space, it would make sense for them to be collections of all sort of events happened in their alternate histories, which is why we have "what if" cases like Artoria Lancer. And I think the fact that ppl knew of King Arthur mostly becuz Excalibur, she is almost always summoned as a Saber.

JP Friend Code
    So I just got the game today and plan to rush through it within 24 hours to fill in the missing experience. This killed me.

- - - Updated - - -

So he can fire double Brahmastra beam (idk how but ok), if given enough mana.

US Friend Code
    Of course he can, do not doubt Karna's potential to get even more chunni
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Marros's Avatar
    I feel like you lose out on some Chunni points when you have more than one Eye of Shining Justice. what he really needs is an Eyepatch to contain his Brahmastra.

JP Friend Code
    Just did the Extra battle with both Darius and Iskandar in 1 stage. The premise is that they both summoned the thousands of soldiers from their NP to Heiankyou capital, and then random Tamamo show up, used her NP to buff them to max and support them with magic energy, that's just ridiculous.

US Friend Code
    So were they fighting each other or did they team up?

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    So were they fighting each other or did they team up?
    They team up for siege on the capital. Yes, 2 mortal enemies teaming up, never thought I'll see that day.

And I was actually very sleepy when I typed that line earlier, I had to grab some coffee b4 continue the rush. Tamamo did not buff them lol. She is there to buff Hakuno's mooks so they can fight back against these 2 invading armies "with the magic energy strengthening from her NP, you can match the enemy armies". That's some big words considering it's mooks against the 2 strongest army NPs we had atm, especially Iskandar's. Maybe I'm underestimating the amount of support her NP can give the mooks idk.

The objective is to protect her and beat both armies.

Extella is the anti-powerlevel game. On one hand, it enforces that stuff that every servant (aside Angra) can win a HGW. On the other hand, we have bizarre stuff like Li Shuwen beating Medusa even saying her mystic eyes were no match for him even though he is one of the servants that should get instantly turned to stone by them, Lu Bu beating Karna, Arthuria beating both Gilgamesh and Iskandar together and Nero saying the power of love makes her stronger but not displayed in parameters

Blog Entries
    How you gonna use mystic eyes on a dude that’s invisible just think about it XD

- - - Updated - - -

Technically Li should be able to just walk through an Excaliblast too

Blog Entries
    Well the snap response to that is rider’s eyes are so hilariously overpowered that they actually work on people she isn’t looking at and also are not looking at her. Due to what the fuck level ability to petrify someone who so much as thinks about them.

...but I suppose a flip side is you can argue that li’s Ability to control himself has reached such an extent that he can actually make himself not think about something despite the theoretical requirement that you would ordinarily have to think about something in order to remember not to think about it

also I’m not sure lu by beating karma is that surprising, considering lu bu was roughly on par with Gawain under the sun, who in fact beat karna.

im aware masters played a great deal in that fight but due to relative scaling lu bu is likely to be at least somewhere near karna’s effective power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    the effect of Medusa's eyes are weakened if you know about the effect beforehand
    so i guess that + li's super martial arts like what tobias said played a role
    "No. Hence my title.
    …But I cannot hope for an effect equaling yesterday. You now know that my eyes are mystic eyes of petrification. This recognition weakens the effect that a surprise attack has, so you should petrify at a slower rate."
    "I see. So my body won't suddenly go numb like yesterday?"
    "It would depend on the situation. The effect will be magnified if you let your guard down."
    "Hm. So I just have to not let my guard down, right? Then there's no problem. Even if I'm captivated, you're on my side, so you can dispel me right away."
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

US Friend Code
    A lot of Servants tend to be around the same ball field when you look at it. They just tend to go about in different ways.

Like Karna's thing is that he expresses his power through explosions and lasers. So he's super destructive like that. Lu Bu tho is more physical and his destructiveness comes from him being built like a fusion between a wrecking ball and a fortress. Their both very powerful warriors, they just tend to go about it differently and for Karna's case, his gives him a much larger upper limit while in standard practice these two would be on par with each other

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Lu Bu: I came in like a wrecking ball

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by combat dialogue
    Tamamo: Karna-san, I've decided. Whoever wins this fight is the true Heroic Spirit of the sun.
    Karna: Let's fight as long as we can. However who is the true sun cannot be decided with victory or defeat.
    I'd imagine if Ozy is in Moon Cell he would jump right in and say "SHIN NO TAIYOU WA...KONO OZY DA!"

JP Friend Code
    Charles: Wew Robin stronk, sasusa a famous knight!
    Robin: ???
    Charles: I mean, Robin Hood is derived from the name of the knight Robert Locksley right?
    Robin: err....that's another Robin Hood bro.

Reference to "there are many Robin am just playing the role of one" or hint for Robert Locksley as true Robin?

US Friend Code
    I think it was mentioned somewhere that Robert Locksley was like the first Robin? Or something like that

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    "King Robin" the Grand Archer.