Page 151 of 188 FirstFirst ... 51101141146149150151152153156161 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,020 of 3751

Thread: Fate/Extella Story and Lore (free range spoilers)

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Base View Post
    Well, we know for a fact that some powerful creatures and possibly Gods stayed around far after the Actual Age of Gods ended which could explain the Oni and the Aztecs. Case in point, the actual Christian God as evidenced by Jeanne.
    The Aztecs are actually less powerful gods compare to the old ones back in the Sefar days, as Quetz said after the attack on titan they lost the ability to turn giant. Also another problem with AoG in Japan is that they actually have a IRL canon cut off date for Age of Gods (Kamiyo): 660 BCE, when Amaterasu sent her grandson - Emperor Jimmu - to Earth and he became the first emperor of the country.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    The Aztecs are actually less powerful gods compare to the old ones back in the Sefar days, as Quetz said after the attack on titan they lost the ability to turn giant. Also another problem with AoG in Japan is that they actually have a IRL canon cut off date for Age of Gods (Kamiyo): 660 BCE, when Amaterasu sent her grandson - Emperor Jimmu - to Earth and he became the first emperor of the country.
    Really? because honestly it doesn't sound to me that the first emperor you could see as historical. That seems pretty still in God era like.

Of course if it's not you could always say from that point till Raikou was a super long era similar to the Age of Fairies. All of Japan's Yokai would be more like that then just straight divine.

Also if the AoG ended there you wouldn't have the case of Amaterasu and incarnating into Daji, Tamamo, and all the rest. Because that is a direct intervention by the Divine where the Age of Man is characterized as Gods pulling back and not messing with people anymore, which was something she was doing until the last time with Tamamo which was when the Heien period in Japan ended as later the Genpei war started up. Is that just because she's a Beast because if not she should have stopped.

Also where did Quertz say that? i'm just curious
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    I guess Karl is rightfully pissed off at the legends that born from him which turns his most trusted knight into a stripping mad man and nephew a boy-girl.
    Astolfo in the flashback CG was already dress-crossing though lol

Still having a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that Charles and his paladin are mostly fictional. To what extent were they real and to what extent were they fictional? Let's say that Astolfo did exist historically but what about the Hypogriff and the other NPs that were based on his adventures? Apocrypha and tiny bits from FGO make their legend seem so real not unlike the KOTR. On the other hand, we have Holmes and Moriarty who should have been 100% fictional but instead the story implies otherwise. Things are getting more interesting but having to wait for more info is also frustrating... AoG timeline is another thing I wish that we will get more info on it soon.

The Hippogrif was always fictional, that’s why it can warp in and out of reality.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Really? because honestly it doesn't sound to me that the first emperor you could see as historical. That seems pretty still in God era like.
    In their mythos, the Age of gods is the period prior to the first emperor. By giving authority to rule the land to the first emperor, it's a signal that the gods will be giving Ashihara no Nakatsukuni (basically the land of Japan) to humans. The era after that is called Age of Man. Beside, if the Western Europe gods are gone in 1000 BCE, I don't see a problem with 660 BCE for Japan. But so far this is not a thing for nasuverse, hence my problem.
    Of course if it's not you could always say from that point till Raikou was a super long era similar to the Age of Fairies. All of Japan's Yokai would be more like that then just straight divine.
    That's another problem. Majority of yokai legends are originated from mainland China, even Shuten were from China and Tamamo were from China and India originally, then got syncretized with local myths. And we all knew that AoG ends much faster on the continent.
    Also if the AoG ended there you wouldn't have the case of Amaterasu and incarnating into Daji, Tamamo, and all the rest. Because that is a direct intervention by the Divine where the Age of Man is characterized as Gods pulling back and not messing with people anymore, which was something she was doing until the last time with Tamamo which was when the Heien period in Japan ended as later the Genpei war started up. Is that just because she's a Beast because if not she should have stopped.
    The incidents the 9 tailed fox caused are all BCE except for the Tamamo incident. Daji dates back to near 2000 BCE, Kayo dates back to near 1000 BCE, Bao Si dates back to around 800 BCE. So coincidentally all of the incidents prior to Tamamo are all before their Age of God cutoff in 660 BCE.
    Also where did Quertz say that? i'm just curious
    Babylonia, when Guda asked if she can turn giant to fight Tiamat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JellyfishMarine View Post
    Astolfo in the flashback CG was already dress-crossing though lol

Still having a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that Charles and his paladin are mostly fictional. To what extent were they real and to what extent were they fictional? Let's say that Astolfo did exist historically but what about the Hypogriff and the other NPs that were based on his adventures? Apocrypha and tiny bits from FGO make their legend seem so real not unlike the KOTR. On the other hand, we have Holmes and Moriarty who should have been 100% fictional but instead the story implies otherwise. Things are getting more interesting but having to wait for more info is also frustrating... AoG timeline is another thing I wish that we will get more info on it soon.
    I mean, even Holmes has been dickteasing with this shit. So we will get it sooner or later, but not so soon. The most troublesome thing tho, is determining which myth of which culture is fiction and which is not. Because you will make fans of those legends feel unfair and salty if a very similar one is not fiction while the ones they like is fiction.

US Friend Code
    No they also have the Vlad thing going on. Charles's aspects are basically treated as a dream to Karl remember?

-snip-
    Ahhh alright. Thank you, I really do get it now.

The way I see it, there was still magic and stuff roaming around Karl's time, but he just didn't interact much with them because he is an emperor. As such he went down in purely history exactly because he wasn't going around fighting monsters. Meanwhille, other heroes like the Knights of Round Table and Richard kept roaming around the land and stuff, so they ended up fighting and stuff. Basically, Karl may be entirely historical, but it doesn't necessarily mean that the lands around him didn't have magic and mythical creatures, just that he didn't battle them. Then ministrels and bards spiced up his reputation by adding up the myths around him but while in his case those are fiction, for others it's their actual history re-told.

US Friend Code

That's another problem. Majority of yokai legends are originated from mainland China, even Shuten were from China and Tamamo were from China and India originally, then got syncretized with local myths. And we all knew that AoG ends much faster on the continent.
    migration perhaps? All these legends moving to the island with the spread of continent stuff like Buddism? That's just a guess tho, as there isn't really an answer. Ironic huh, we know exactly huh the AoG and it end happened in Europe and it's surrounding but not so much anything as for the eastern side despite it being the most familiar to them. Really we won't actually find out until they actually address it, because despite all the japan style events and with all the Oni we know nothing. It's a real pity Case files is ending soon, if they would come up with an answer it probably be from there.

Also I don't think when Merlin said continent he meant the entire Euroasian one, just Europe. I mean the AoM probably did spread out to china at that point but i just wish we knew the speed it actually spread out from tho.

Also I forget but wasn't there a bit in SF with Fake Caster talking about how Japan retained mystery or did he just mentioned Britain?

anywhere than here

Blog Entries
    So, while watching some gameplay videos of Extella Link, I came across one of those lore cards that detailed one of Charlemagne's skills and decided to translate it just for fun. You can find it below.

just to be safe...
    Holy Knight Emperor
    A title skill bestowed to the one who leads the holy knights (paladins) known as Twelve Peers. It provides a tremendous Charisma, improved attacks against the demonic, improved defences against Divinity, aptitude for weapons of the holy attribute and others. Also, this skills makes possible to invoke the Noble Phantasm, Joyeuse Ordre.

Master of Chaos' Servant Standards

F/GO ID: 011416057/カオス

quote for higher truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Get famous in America, you're American. That's literally how America works.
    Unless you're Justin Bieber, Canada didn't want him, but America refuses to claim responsibility
    Quote Originally Posted by In a certain South Park episode...
    Kyle Broflovski: And what happens when an invulnerable cheater comes up against an elitist corporate dictator?
    Eric Cartman: A perfect storm of hypocrisy that everyone in the country has to deal with for months on end.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Chaos View Post
    So, while watching some gameplay videos of Extella Link, I came across one of those lore cards that detailed one of Charlemagne's skills and decided to translate it just for fun. You can find it below.

just to be safe...
    Holy Knight Emperor
    A title skill bestowed to the one who leads the holy knights (paladins) known as Twelve Peers. It provides a tremendous Charisma, improved attacks against the demonic, improved defences against Divinity, aptitude for weapons of the holy attribute and others. Also, this skills makes possible to invoke the Noble Phantasm, Joyeuse Ordre.
    Wow that's alot of stuff, quite impressive
    It sounds exactly what a protag from a jrpg LN would have. If I remember right this is his EX skill right?

anywhere than here

I mean, even Holmes has been dickteasing with this shit. So we will get it sooner or later, but not so soon. The most troublesome thing tho, is determining which myth of which culture is fiction and which is not. Because you will make fans of those legends feel unfair and salty if a very similar one is not fiction while the ones they like is fiction.
    That's what I really like about how Holmes is portrayed in in this series; a good Holmes is a Holmes that make you feel like choking him to death sometimes esp. when he goes 'now it's not the time'.

Personally, I don't mind that Charles and co. are written off as fictional. It's just that the revelation came quite sudden without any prior hint so I really need time to digest it. But what you said about people feeling salty is so true. Once the game is released in English, I can totally see this issue being brought up again.

--Update--
    Charles' skills
    https://imgur.com/a/4voiA0c

His third skill is basically him getting stronger if he does cool stuff, but will become weakened if he does something uncool...very KAKKOII.
    Last edited by JellyfishMarine; June 9th, 2018 at 11:32 AM. Reason: added a link

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Me with real KoTR/fake Paladins

GDI Higashide you had one fucking job

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post

The paladins were real to some extent since Astolfo remembers how the historical Karl changed after encountering the ruins.

The problem is just figuring out to what extent.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    The paladins were real to some extent since Astolfo remembers how the historical Karl changed after encountering the ruins.

The problem is just figuring out to what extent.
    We already know Song of Roland and Orlando Innamorato/Furioso are entirely fictional, and those are pretty much the core of the Paladin legends
    As Asterism himself said, *everything* about Astolfo comes from Orlando Furioso

US Friend Code

Blame Nasu, KoRT are his fave of course they get priority.

Still though I don't it's just as cut as dry as saying that Paladins are fake because honestly that doesn't really matter much. You still have Paladins as Heroic Spirits. Whether they are fake or not is irrelevant because to them what they did was real, their heroic feats are real. Continuing on by what Reign said, the Paladins like Astolfo reside in the same ambiguous nature all Heroic Spirits reside in Are they real?, history says no, but magic says yes. Remember Astolfo's catalyst in Apo, that is an item that proves that what happened in his life did happen. In one way or another. The problem with Charlemagne is that he doesn't exist in this ambiguous state. Karl's achievements are to grand to not be based on reality, that you have the case of fictional Charles and historical Karl. Because you can't have a midway. This is what I think anyway. More info could change it.

anywhere than here

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Amazigh's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Karl's NP names: Joyeuse, Carolus Patricius (the flying Holy City), Carolus Patricius Auctoritas (gundam), Carolus Patricius Dimitte (assimilation virus).

Am no Latin expert so I'll just let other ppl translate it.
    Any sign of his Stats and/or Skills? Or Noble Phantasm Type/Rank or Charlemagnes?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JellyfishMarine View Post
    Charles' skills
    https://imgur.com/a/4voiA0c

His third skill is basically him getting stronger if he does cool stuff, but will become weakened if he does something uncool...very KAKKOII.
    Okay, then here are the translations for all three of them.

again, just to be safe...
    Holy Knight Emperor

Prana Burst (Light)

A subspecies of Prana Burst that is allowed only to saints・holy maidens・holy knights. It is endowed with advantage towards the evil aligned.

Travel on Noble Path
    (1)
    A self-admonition type skill that displays its effects by having the user stick to the attitude of wanting to be a king. It contributes to the improvement of a portion of his parameters, but he ends up weakening upon taking a conduct that violates that noble path(1). In Charlemagne's case, this means that he "gets weakened when doing something lame" and that "some sort of gauge rises when doing things that he finds cool".

(1) can also be translated as "kingship", "just rule" or royal road
    Last edited by Master of Chaos; June 9th, 2018 at 01:03 PM. Reason: fixing hyperlink

Master of Chaos' Servant Standards

F/GO ID: 011416057/カオス

quote for higher truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Get famous in America, you're American. That's literally how America works.
    Unless you're Justin Bieber, Canada didn't want him, but America refuses to claim responsibility
    Quote Originally Posted by In a certain South Park episode...
    Kyle Broflovski: And what happens when an invulnerable cheater comes up against an elitist corporate dictator?
    Eric Cartman: A perfect storm of hypocrisy that everyone in the country has to deal with for months on end.

US Friend Code
    We already know Song of Roland and Orlando Innamorato/Furioso are entirely fictional, and those are pretty much the core of the Paladin legends
    As Asterism himself said, *everything* about Astolfo comes from Orlando Furioso
    And yet we have an item from the Orlando Furioso showing up as a catalyst in modern times. They are fantasies, but that doesn't they didn't happen one way or another. How they happened? We have no idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Chaos View Post
    Okay, then here are the translations for all three of them.

again, just to be safe...
    Holy Knight Emperor

Prana Burst (Light)

A subspecies of Prana Burst that is allowed only to saints・holy maidens・holy knights. It is endowed with advantage towards the evil aligned.

Travel on Noble Path
    (1)
    A self-admonition type skill that displays its effects by having the user stick to the attitude of wanting to be a king. It contributes to the improvement of a portion of his parameters, but he ends up weakening upon taking a conduct that violates that noble path(1). In Charlemagne's case, this means that he "gets weakened when doing something lame" and that "some sort of gauge rises when doing things that he finds cool".

(1) can also be translated as "kingship", "just rule" or [ur=http://www.dictionary.com/browse/royal-road]royal road[/url]
    Thanks MoC.

Man his Prana Burst reminds me of Radiant damage from DnD. Truly a Paladins.

I wonder how much boost his third skill does however. It doesnt sound like much, tho it's still a boost. He is such a LN protagonist.
    Last edited by Iceblade44; June 9th, 2018 at 12:42 PM.

anywhere than here

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So, like, Charlemagne is real, sort of? But he's overshadowed by the existence of Karl. Maybe.

In my mind, I'm picturing Charlie being like an Alter Ego.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

I'm just picturing an older refined mix of the two Karlemagne being proper Charlemagne, and somehow I feel contend