Thread: Crystallum

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Crystallum

“I thought that after last year, the government would have no faith in us. What were the complaints again? Lazy, reckless, not taking the situation seriously? And now they unceremoniously drop this on our plates after hours upon hours of United Nation talks.”

“I believe you’ve stopped quoting the newspapers and instead are quoting Reylander or Ryuusei.”

“It’s just a tournament, Takeru. God knows why they make such a fuss about whether or not teenagers win or lose a glorified series of cockfights.”

“You and I both know it’s quite a bit more than that.”

“I think eighth and tenth place was an impressive showing from the two of us, don’t you?”

“I think we coulda done better at the World Tournament, is what I’m saying.”

“Well, we are hosting it this year... It’d look poorly on us if we couldn’t take it all with the home advantage. Have you adjusted the budget for the extra expenses?”

“Already trying to figure out how I need to break the news to Tadokoro.”

“Good luck with that.”

“Thanks, Prez, for the concern. I hope I come back alive.”

-----

You are a student at Akashi Educational Institute, Japan’s premier and oldest school devoted to the training Gemstones, who possess psychic powers such as telekinesis and teleportation. More specifically, you are one of the Forty Saints, the 0.1% of the student population of 40,000. At the top of Akashi’s Gemstone Brilliance Ranking, you fight to hold your spot and enjoy your everyday school life. Even so, with Akashi hosting the up and coming World Tournament, tensions are rising between the various school factions, and perhaps the school isn’t as glamorous as it appears to be…

-----

The rulebook is here.

This is a psychic battle RP set in a Japanese high school. I’m not asking for the highest caliber of sheets, but you better not mess with me and send me complete garbage, either. I would like for this to be relatively serious. I live a meme-free life and I would like for it to stay that way. All I ask is that when you make a sheet, talk to me about setting information and we can make stuff up together like two friends drunk on the porch. Don’t just make assumptions and send me really weird shit.

Special thanks for Mellon letting me steal this premise and his perks and completely butcher it, I cannot say this enough, Race for some NPC ideas, Aya for some color formatting that I inevitably changed, and quite a few other people for proofreading, such as Tang.

-----

Perks are probably not very balanced. If you have a complaint, please see me and I will try to explain my reasoning. If you think I’m wrong, I’ll take that into consideration. Custom perks are allowed but I will be particularly more paranoid about them, as all GMs are. Please message me about them first. If this custom perk makes the concept of your sheet fit together, please send me the entire sheet so I can view it holistically instead of making rash judgments incrementally.

-----

This RP will have eight slots. No more, no less. The deadline is November 23rd, 2016. This deadline may end sooner if all interested applicants send me a sheet before then. Do note if you are the last guy dragging your ass on this I probably will not be too enthused about your sheet. You can contact me through BL PM or you can join #regalia on irc.irchighway.net to message me on IRC. The latter is preferred because I never delete things from my PM inbox, to remember past shame.

-----

FAQ:

I want to be Accelerator.

If your power uses the word vector or the definition of vector or any variation of thereof I will reject it immediately. Despite being unrelated, this also applies to various other sorts of bullshit, such as time manipulation and causality manipulation. Don’t. Read what is said about ESP in the rulebook and follow that to the letter.

What if X NPC has the power I want? ;_;

Similar powers are okay if they're different enough so just talk to me or something. I'm certain you can have your own special fire or whatever.

What numbers are appropriate to choose?

Anywhere from 15 to 33. People have told me about wanting to be like, #36 or whatever. I’ll think about it but it will save me one hell of a headache if your character is already a part of the Forty Saints. Thank you.

What about faction-wise?

If you are thinking about making your PC unaligned I will scrutinize that sheet so hard not even Sherlock Holmes will give a more thorough investigation of its contents. I’m not saying that it’s impossible to convince me with an unaligned sheet, I’m saying that your chances just drop drastically.

KATIE I WANT TO BE A PART OF THE TOP TEN MY PC IS REALLY STRONG PLEASE MAKE AN EXCEPTION FOR ME.

You are part of the top forty in a school of forty thousand do you want me to write every post about how great your PC is??????

Also, no.

I don’t understand what this perk means.

Errata will go here when something inevitably goes wrong.

Can I tie in my PC with the NPCs shown in the rulebook?

You can, just ask me and we can discuss some stuff. Or we’ll make stuff up on the spot. Talking to your GM and making her feel like her input is important is how you get in! Just don't do anything like say you're the #1's twin sibling with the exact same powers and...

Wow, I'm feeling sick thinking about it.

-----

List of Applicants:

#1: Tang [???]
    #2: Airen
    #3: Kirby
    #4: Morm
    #5: Mellon
    #6: Ayakashi
    #7: Draconic
    #8: Paladin
    #9: Coyven
    #10: Spinach
    #11: Frantic
    #12: Reiu
    #13: Lace
    #14: Race
    #15: Snax
    #16: hero
    #17: MssrNeko
    #18: Leftovers
    #19: Plue
    #20: Kuroyuki
    #21: Arkturus
    #22: Dranes

(Note this list will be updated when I get sheets in basically, because keeping track of everyone who has expressed interest is hard.)
    Last edited by Katie; November 22nd, 2016 at 06:26 PM.