Page 1 of 10 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: Crystallum

Blog Entries

Crystallum

“I thought that after last year, the government would have no faith in us. What were the complaints again? Lazy, reckless, not taking the situation seriously? And now they unceremoniously drop this on our plates after hours upon hours of United Nation talks.”

“I believe you’ve stopped quoting the newspapers and instead are quoting Reylander or Ryuusei.”

“It’s just a tournament, Takeru. God knows why they make such a fuss about whether or not teenagers win or lose a glorified series of cockfights.”

“You and I both know it’s quite a bit more than that.”

“I think eighth and tenth place was an impressive showing from the two of us, don’t you?”

“I think we coulda done better at the World Tournament, is what I’m saying.”

“Well, we are hosting it this year... It’d look poorly on us if we couldn’t take it all with the home advantage. Have you adjusted the budget for the extra expenses?”

“Already trying to figure out how I need to break the news to Tadokoro.”

“Good luck with that.”

“Thanks, Prez, for the concern. I hope I come back alive.”

-----

You are a student at Akashi Educational Institute, Japan’s premier and oldest school devoted to the training Gemstones, who possess psychic powers such as telekinesis and teleportation. More specifically, you are one of the Forty Saints, the 0.1% of the student population of 40,000. At the top of Akashi’s Gemstone Brilliance Ranking, you fight to hold your spot and enjoy your everyday school life. Even so, with Akashi hosting the up and coming World Tournament, tensions are rising between the various school factions, and perhaps the school isn’t as glamorous as it appears to be…

-----

The rulebook is here.

This is a psychic battle RP set in a Japanese high school. I’m not asking for the highest caliber of sheets, but you better not mess with me and send me complete garbage, either. I would like for this to be relatively serious. I live a meme-free life and I would like for it to stay that way. All I ask is that when you make a sheet, talk to me about setting information and we can make stuff up together like two friends drunk on the porch. Don’t just make assumptions and send me really weird shit.

Special thanks for Mellon letting me steal this premise and his perks and completely butcher it, I cannot say this enough, Race for some NPC ideas, Aya for some color formatting that I inevitably changed, and quite a few other people for proofreading, such as Tang.

-----

Perks are probably not very balanced. If you have a complaint, please see me and I will try to explain my reasoning. If you think I’m wrong, I’ll take that into consideration. Custom perks are allowed but I will be particularly more paranoid about them, as all GMs are. Please message me about them first. If this custom perk makes the concept of your sheet fit together, please send me the entire sheet so I can view it holistically instead of making rash judgments incrementally.

-----

This RP will have eight slots. No more, no less. The deadline is November 23rd, 2016. This deadline may end sooner if all interested applicants send me a sheet before then. Do note if you are the last guy dragging your ass on this I probably will not be too enthused about your sheet. You can contact me through BL PM or you can join #regalia on irc.irchighway.net to message me on IRC. The latter is preferred because I never delete things from my PM inbox, to remember past shame.

-----

FAQ:

I want to be Accelerator.

If your power uses the word vector or the definition of vector or any variation of thereof I will reject it immediately. Despite being unrelated, this also applies to various other sorts of bullshit, such as time manipulation and causality manipulation. Don’t. Read what is said about ESP in the rulebook and follow that to the letter.

What if X NPC has the power I want? ;_;

Similar powers are okay if they're different enough so just talk to me or something. I'm certain you can have your own special fire or whatever.

What numbers are appropriate to choose?

Anywhere from 15 to 33. People have told me about wanting to be like, #36 or whatever. I’ll think about it but it will save me one hell of a headache if your character is already a part of the Forty Saints. Thank you.

What about faction-wise?

If you are thinking about making your PC unaligned I will scrutinize that sheet so hard not even Sherlock Holmes will give a more thorough investigation of its contents. I’m not saying that it’s impossible to convince me with an unaligned sheet, I’m saying that your chances just drop drastically.

KATIE I WANT TO BE A PART OF THE TOP TEN MY PC IS REALLY STRONG PLEASE MAKE AN EXCEPTION FOR ME.

You are part of the top forty in a school of forty thousand do you want me to write every post about how great your PC is??????

Also, no.

I don’t understand what this perk means.

Errata will go here when something inevitably goes wrong.

Can I tie in my PC with the NPCs shown in the rulebook?

You can, just ask me and we can discuss some stuff. Or we’ll make stuff up on the spot. Talking to your GM and making her feel like her input is important is how you get in! Just don't do anything like say you're the #1's twin sibling with the exact same powers and...

Wow, I'm feeling sick thinking about it.

-----

List of Applicants:

#1: Tang [???]
    #2: Airen
    #3: Kirby
    #4: Morm
    #5: Mellon
    #6: Ayakashi
    #7: Draconic
    #8: Paladin
    #9: Coyven
    #10: Spinach
    #11: Frantic
    #12: Reiu
    #13: Lace
    #14: Race
    #15: Snax
    #16: hero
    #17: MssrNeko
    #18: Leftovers
    #19: Plue
    #20: Kuroyuki
    #21: Arkturus
    #22: Dranes

(Note this list will be updated when I get sheets in basically, because keeping track of everyone who has expressed interest is hard.)
    Last edited by Katie; November 22nd, 2016 at 06:26 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hello.

E: Also, I'm taking number 18 if no one has any objections.
    Last edited by Kirby; November 16th, 2016 at 07:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

I'll throw myself at this.

Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh, rip, 18's already taken

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Well, I've been looking for an RP to try out. Maybe this one's for me.

So, #29 is available I think. I'll take that one. And I at least know what Perks I want.
    Now, if only I had any idea what my character's backstory should be other than him being a guy who desperately wants to keep his friends alive and is positively smitten with that Student Council secretary…
    Last edited by Draconic; November 16th, 2016 at 11:59 PM.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    I might give it a shot, why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Time to make a sheet.
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    KATIE I WANT TO BE A PART OF THE TOP TEN MY PC IS REALLY STRONG PLEASE MAKE AN EXCEPTION FOR ME.

You are part of the top thirty-five in a school of forty thousand do you want me to write every post about how great your PC is??????
    That is correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    That is correct.
    that's what self-insert fanfiction is for, and i will not write it for you

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    that's what self-insert fanfiction is for, and i will not write it for you
    oh really
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

ay b0ss gib #13 pls

shit i can't

well fuck i guess i'll be like

uh

Last edited by Mormarth; November 16th, 2016 at 10:01 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    oh really
    yes

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I guess I'm calling #17.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    im ready
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Once more into the breach I suppose.

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar
    NUMBAH 19.

(Hello)

Blog Entries
    Hi I'm going for the weakest available PC ranking (#33).

I'll be in your care.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Number 15, if no one's taken that yet.

I shall take #20 then.
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

I really don't care what number I get. Something low I guess.

-------------------------------------
    Edit: Actually 32 or 31 so I can still bully Kuro.
    Last edited by arkturus; November 17th, 2016 at 06:45 PM.
    <Airen> I play hetero every once in awhile
    Spoiler:
    <~Katie> dude who gives a fuck about girls being gay, sometimes girls aren't gay and that decision should be respected

Spoiler:
    [12:21.40] that might be a top tier post[12:21.45] frantic[12:21.47] post of the month, even[12:21.48] this right here[12:21.49] is MC [12:21.56] johnny has nothing on this dude[12:22.00] he's the MC of the nisio half[12:22.12] so wait[12:22.15] [ ] is, after all, my rival character[12:22.16] am i the gag heroine[12:22.20] yes