Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3035383940

Thread: To Be A Master (IC Thread)

Blog Entries
    Dave Strider
    Highgate Cemetery
    June 18, 2010

"You too, Dave! Get moving!"
    I run after them, because dear god, they might start making out on some poor shit's tombstone if they leave my sight. And as I follow them-

It gets heavier. My movements become more sluggish, and, eventually, I end up kneeling on the ground. Fuck, a ghost... But what move was this...?

I don't remember. Damnit. But I don't care. I reinforce my entire body - I've always done that, because just reinforcing my arms or legs could lead to accidents involving the other parts of my body. I don't want to have my shoulders or spine fail on me.

"So are you guys ready for this?"
    "I'll be fine." I draw my sword, which was broken in half. A family heirloom, and generally useless. But to me, it isn't useless at all. After all, I can fix it. Flames surround the blade, and dissipate, revealing a completely whole and new looking blade. I summon Terezi, and we glance around for any sign of the bloody wraith. After all, how the hell do I retaliate if I can't find it...?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lethum Vitae
    Sangreal Participant Dorms
    London, United Kingdom
    June 20, 2010

We made our way to the Cafeteria without incident or hurry. Once inside, we met with some people who were already waiting, and sat to wait for our own food to be ordered. Staying out of the conversation for the most part, I listened on, reflecting on what I've seen of the earlier fight between magi.

Hopefully Ayako would be fine, since performing at the level of power that she did during that fight spells well for her potential, and training. Not to mention that Ayaka felt somewhat... -not resigned, really- unsurprised, with the outcome. Looking up, I noticed when the person who would take our order arrived.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Chelsea Verner
    Sangreal Participant Dorms
    London, United Kingdom

June 20, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    "Yes, ready. So, shall we?" he asked, motioning down the hallway.
    "Yeah, let's get going." I turn and start walking quickly, trying to remember where the two of us are going. It's been way too long since I was last here. "We're heading to, uh, Highgate Cemetery, I guess. I remember it being a good spot for wraith hunting, and it's pretty old, so we should find something good for training against."

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Highgate Cemetery
    June 18, 2010

Seeing that those who had intruded were not dissuaded from approaching by its trap of heightened gravity, with one even brandishing a fiery blade - the Wraith in the distance decided to use sterner measures to drive them away, a warning of sorts that would strike all without revealing its exact location quite yet. Thus, it called upon its affinity with the patterns of the air in this place, summoning forth a frigid gale to issue forth from its general area, howling down upon the trio in an assault of icy wind, further slowing their speed of advance.

(Eevee HP Remaining - 26)
    (Charmander HP Remaining - 9)
    (Bagon's master is using fire magic, reducing the effectiveness by half! Bagon HP Remaining - 12)

It had mercy enough not to hurt them overmuch, as it was the keeper of this land and held back the other wraiths from acting out their aggressions, but if driven to it, it would do what it had to, as they moved closer. In less than a minute, with their spells, they would be close enough to strike...

Sangreal Participant Dorms - Cafeteria
    London, United Kingdom
    June 20, 2010

"Greetings to you," the chef greeted, nodding to the customers in a now somewhat deserted cafeteria with a strained smile. He had caught some rumors of things that had happened in the rest of the dorms, and it was hard to muster up too much enthusiasm when he considered where the incident had begun. Even so, his role was to create dishes to lift the spirit a bit, and so he would try as best he could. "Once again, today is a day of leek specials, and so we have Creamy Grits with Crispy Leeks, Leek Jus, and Cilantro-Epazote Pesto, Ham and Leek Breakfast Rolls, Ham and Leek Quiche, Potato and Leek Latke with Fried Egg, Leek and Potato Boxty, Cheddar, Bacon and Leek Biscuits, Leek Ramen, Mushroom and Leek Udon, or if you want something light, Sautéed Leeks on French Bread."

"I believe I will have a simple Leek Ramen with a side of Sautéed Leeks on French bread," the Witch answered mildly, her expression difficult to read, at best. There were a number of things on her mind in the aftermath of the battle, and preparation to be done for the future. It was of course, a reminder, that strength was not merely something to be measured in numbers, and that under the influence of extreme emotions, humans tended to surpass what they thought were their limits, with hope and despair making them capable of some truly great and terrible things.

'As such, we are usually the only ones to linger as Wraiths as well, given the strength of what is left behind...'

Endless hungers, endless hopes, endless despairs...if they ran rampant, destruction would be the only end, which was why rules and bounds had been set up, to prevent an innately chaotic humanity from destroying itself in its foolishness.

'And self-destruction is easier than one realizes if one slips the bonds of reason...I do hope Ayako will recover, and possibly remember this. Remember that while vengeance and hate are extremely potent, the end result may not be quite what one seeks. Often, one feels...hollow, once a motivator is gone, not satisfied...'

London, United Kingdom
    June 21, 2010

"Very true, and very wise. Many have yet to learn that much," the Witch answered, shaking her head slightly. "All too often, we humans - and others like humans - take the the simple pleasures of the moment for granted, not realizing how ephemeral all of existence really is. How in an instant, we could shuffle off this mortal coil, and cease to exist completely." A wry smile graced her lips at that thought. "Well, most of us, anyway."

Some would continue to exist in one form or another after a physical death, after all.

Her lips quirked at the sight of the Storyteller and his daemon feuding over food again.

"Interestingly enough, the daemon does reflect the master, so it seems both of you enjoy culinary delights," Ayaka commented lightly, shaking her head. "And regarding the seer - she doesn't see the future lines of everything around her, but what she does see is usually quite accurate, unless something is done to change them. It's almost as if she can instinctively do what alchemists train for. There are different types of future sight, after all - some more troublesome than others."
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; September 17th, 2011 at 05:56 PM.

Blog Entries
    Lethum Vitae
    London, United Kingdom
    June 20, 2010

After Ayaka made her order, I thought on what to choose for a couple of seconds before answering.

"Leek Ramen for me, please."

The name had been somewhat intriguing, given that success at the challenges provided by the Association would mean that I would go to Japan, and I've been wanting to try this food for some time. Ayaka looked somewhat introspective, but that was not surprise at any level. Although I did want to train myself some more before the time limit for the Sangreal Tournament came. I was confident of my chances against the majority of the people in the dorms, but I wasn't competing with them, I was competing against the other people who were at least a step ahead of the average competitor.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six mangafreak7793's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    London, United Kingdom
    June 21, 2010

"Really? it didn't come to me as such a hard lesson." The Storyteller replied while still pinning down his daemon who was currently slapping his hand on the table as a sign of tapping out before letting him go in order to slightly tap the side of his skull with his knuckles as to imitate the sounds of someone knocking on the door while sporting a small frown. "Then again my teacher said I was always a weird one or just an idiot."

After all one who voluntarily opens his heart to absorbs the feelings of spirits, humans, etc who suffer in pain or fear of being forgotten in order to understand them while engraving their story into his body so they can live as a part of him in a sense cannot be considered healthy and more of the lines of masochism.

Though living such a life has rewarded him to subconsciously enjoy the simple and most mundane things in life that many of experiences he recorded would have longed for.

"Interestingly enough, the daemon does reflect the master, so it seems both of you enjoy culinary delights,"
    "Us?, Him and I?" The Storyteller said surprised as he and his daemon pointed at themselves and to each other in confusion mimicking each other perfectly before responding bluntly. "No Way!"

They both crossed their arms and shook their heads confidently in denial of such an accusation that to not notice each others action almost seemed comical if not for the fact that they were so serious and their movements synchronized to perfection.

"Sorry Sajyou-san but Savonarola and I are completely different from each other almost to the point that aside from a few common interests we're completely different entities." The Storyteller said as he and his Daemon nodded believing this to be true before shifting their heads to MIsaya. "Don't you agree, Misaya-san?"

"And regarding the seer - she doesn't see the future lines of everything around her, but what she does see is usually quite accurate, unless something is done to change them. It's almost as if she can instinctively do what alchemists train for. There are different types of future sight, after all - some more troublesome than others."
    "I see." The Storyteller sighed in relief in a way at ease seeing it was that type of predicting. "and is this seer the new resident that we need to help settle in?"

Teasing the Penguin God!

Purple
    Highgate Cemetery
    June 18, 2010

It was evident that we were under attack.

It was the worst kind of assault, a surprise attack that was impossible to evade and that did not reveal the enemy position. It was, without a doubt, the job of a coward...!

"Ahhh! Ahhhhh...!"

I convert my pain into encouraging moans and yells as I advance. It is easier that way. I don't know if we are being attacked by one or many ghosts, but I will not give up, ever. I can tell that Eevee shares the same thoughts. Yes, they'll have to knock me and my partner unconscious if they want us to retreat.

"No matter what...!"

I spot the enemy. It wasn't so far away after all. Figures. Now all we need to do is return the favor. I point in the direction of the enemy, ordering Eevee to attack. There is only one move we have that can harm ghost-type daemons, Iron Tail, we learned that from our fight with Ayaka.

"I'm gonna bring it to 'em!"
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Blog Entries
    Dave Strider
    Highgate Cemetery
    June 18, 2010

An Ice-type move!? Shit, Terezi is-

I look at my daemon. Due to me Reforging my sword, the damage was lessened. Good. To get creamed at the beginning? I'm not as shitty as Purple, for one thing, and two, it would be embarrassing if I had my daemon knocked out already.

Grabbing Rez, I jump into the air. Then, emitting blazing prana, I propel myself in the air, to gain the high ground, and to lure the Daemon out.

How? Simple, really. If the attack came from the direction we were going towards...

I think it's logical to say the daemon is there, too.

"Terezi, Hydro Pump." A torrent of water shoots out of my daemon's mouth, propelling me backwards as I try to hit everything that is on the ground in front of me.

After all, if I hit everything, I'm bound to get lucky somewhere.

The only Saber Clone that matters Ace's Avatar
    Devon Steele
    Highgate Cemetery
    June 18, 2010

Suddenly Charmander was wounded. Devon silently berated himself for not anticipating a sneak attack. The ghost did just hit them with that gravity .... thing after all. Purple immediately began advancing while making odd noises. Dave on the other hand jumped into the air while carrying his Daemon, firing off a torrent of water. Did... could he even see where the ghost was? "It's disrespectful to damage other people's graves without a reason," he grumbled under his breath.

He couldn't just stand around here.

Mentally, he commanded his Charmander to hide behind him. Another attack and Charmander was likely done for. Purple's Eevee leapt into action attacking the ghost. Devon quickly looked around for anything he could use as a weapon. There! It was just a stick but... better then nothing right? First he had to reinforce the stick and then reinforce his arm.... done.

He whipped it as hard as he could at the ghost.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Highgate Cemetery
    June 18, 2010

In a flash, three figures struck out at the wraith which was keeper of the cemetery, using the most powerful strikes they could manage against the phantasmal enemy. From the small dragon daemon, a gout of water lashed out, the most powerful elemental strike it had available to it, striking the enemy wraith dead on!

(Enemy Dusclops HP Remaining - 25)

And taking advantage of the enemy's momentary blindness, the Eevee of Purple lashed out with a tail imbued with elemental energy, striking the foul wraith dead on for a critical hit!

(Enemy Dusclops HP Remaining - 14)

Unfortunately, that hit also pushed the Dusclops out of the way of the flame magus' strike, so Devon unfortunately missed and was left off balance, when the enemy responded.

'AWOOUGHHHHHHH!'

A spine chilling howl echoed through the cemetery, as rocks were levitated into the air by the force of gravity and hurled towards the aggressors, a sudden barrage reinforced by anger and an unwillingness to simply lay down and die. One by one, they slammed into the flesh or phantasmal forms of its attackers, striking them all without mercy, without remorse. Since they had not taken the hint to leave, the wraith would resort to desperate measures before its brethren appeared to tear it apart.

(Eevee HP Remaining - 14)
    (Bagon HP Remaining - 1)
    (Devon HP Remaining - 2)
    (Charmander Evaded the attack! HP Remaining - 9)
    (Dave HP Remaining - 9)
    (Purple HP Remaining - 20)

London, United Kingdom
    June 20, 2010

Ayaka noted her companion's choice of meal with a somewhat amused expression, though not quite as sanguine as she might have been able to muster before. Though it might not look like it, she did care about her apprentice's welfare, after all.

"Something on your mind, Magus Vitae?" she inquired solicitously. "Perhaps thinking about the tournament to come, and the fare in the land of Japan? Should we all manage to make our way to the land of the Grail, this should be...interesting indeed. No doubt there will be those who do not play by the rules...such as the Matou clan, if history serves as a guide."

London, United Kingdom
    June 21, 2010

"Perhaps not for you, but for many others, it can certainly be," the Witch noted with a tired smile, as if looking into memories of the past. "You have a gift which makes it easier for you to realize these things, which many do not, unfortunately. They cannot appreciate what they have and so find reason to rage or attack others with impunity. They will never be satisfied, like black holes in human form, gaping maws starved for affection."

She shook her head, sighing, though she did chuckle at the antics of Storyteller and daemon.

"See? You even mirror each other perfectly," she pointed out with some faint amusement.

"I have to agree with Sajyou-san, Storyteller," Ouji Misaya noted. "You and your daemon are very much alike."

"As for the seer - she is the new resident, yes."
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; October 12th, 2011 at 05:50 PM.

Blog Entries
    London, United Kingdom
    June 21, 2010

​"Is that so?" The Storyteller said with a raised eyebrow seeing Ayaka's tired, reminiscent smile an expression he seen countless times in his 'work' but doesn't ask her what she's thinking and instead brings out a bright, energetic smile of his own.

After all a story is best told when the person speaks with a open heart.

"Well then my teacher was right after all. I really am I an odd one."

He was about to burst out with laughter until Ayaka responded in turn something that struck him and his daemon harder then anything he has ever endured.

"See? You even mirror each other perfectly," she pointed out with some faint amusement.
    "What that can't be!" He said shocked as she insisted on that outrageous notion and turn to Misaya for confirmation but....

"I have to agree with Sajyou-san, Storyteller," Ouji Misaya noted. "You and your daemon are very much alike."
    reality was often very harsh.

If one listened close they could hear a distinct sound of a gong being rung as the petrified Storyteller began to crack and crumble apart like a poorly made stature in light of this revelation his upper body laid on the table in despair. While his daemon on the other hand though taken aback by this news took it better then his master as he shakily patted him on the back full of remorse and pity sharing the pain inflected on them by the Oujou and Witch.

"....Well" The Storyteller began to speak once again moving his head slightly revealing the tears streaming out of his face as he was recovering from the shock. "Since she's a new comer you know what we have to do right?"

Teasing the Penguin God!

Blog Entries
    Lethum Vitae
    London, United Kingdom
    June 20, 2010

I smiled. "The particular country is, actually. While Japan and it's culture has never been outside my interests, I learned enough during my studies of the language to leave me...intrigued," I answered. "The tournament, not so much. What I do believe is that the founding families are the most likely to cheat, except for maybe the Tohsaka. All those failures...someone with a magus's pride could never accept that."

"In that light," I continued, "one would think that the Matou representative is doing more than just antagonizing people..."

Blog Entries
    Dave Strider
    Highgate Cemetery
    June 18, 2010

Fuck, that hurt. Hurt like hell. I've got to focus... Terezi's on the verge of being downed, and Devon doesn't look like he's in good shape either. But, neither does the Daemon...

Wait, that's it. With Terezi's moveset, I can end this in one blow! That is, if it hits. I can't have Purple or Devon fucking this up.

"Terezi, hang on, alright?" Still holding on to my daemon, I Blaze Step towards the wraith in a flurry of flames.

"Get the hell out of my way." I say, loud and clear, towards my inept comrades. If I fuck this up, we're toast.

Thre... two... one. I'm in range. "Terezi, Dragon Rage!"

The Bagon in my arms sends a flurry of blue flames at the opponent, which, for some reason always deal the same amount of pain. But that's alright. It's enough to take this bastard down.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Highgate Cemetery
    June 18, 2010

It was a desperate strike, carried out by a magus and his daemon working as one against a vastly superior foe. Battered as they were, foolhardy as they had been to challenge the wraith which was keeper of the grounds, they did not yield, did not even consider yielding. One more move could have crushed them, could have destroyed the party of three - but the Wraith too, had suffered grievously, and its form was fast fading, clinging to existence by a tenuous thread, until even that was severed by a gout of azure flame, and an ancient being who had long kept the more malignant presences at bay was laid to its eternal rest.

(Charmander gained 255 EXP.)
    (Charmander grew to level 7! EXP to level 8 - 2)
    (Eevee gained 156 EXP. EXP to Level 11 - 175)
    (Bagon gained 160 EXP)
    (Bagon grew to level 7! EXP to level 8 - 210)
    (All daemons have been cursed with worldly awareness)

The insubstantial form of the enemy wavered, enduring for a second or two past the mortal blow as its great crimson eye was filled with utter sadness. Despair would come, death would come, the end would come to all - but it would not be here to witness the coming dark, as its body had long been eaten up by worms.

The wind blew, and all fell silent, unnaturally still.

London, United Kingdom
    June 20, 2010

"Oh? How interesting," Ayaka mused, allowing a ghost of a smile as she regarded the magus, brushing an errand strand of hair from her eyes. "And what do you find so intriguing about my country, praytell?"

At the mention of the Founding families though...

"One wouldn't be surprised - in the quest for something which could grant any wish, more than just magi might cheat," the Witch noted, shaking her head. "The only one who can truly be trusted with such a thing, is one who does not wish to own it in the first place. It was said this was true of the winner of the last war - but then it is even rumored that that winner might not have been Tohsaka Rin, but a magus so unskilled that he only knew reinforcement and projection. No doubt my apprentice could tell you more, but..."

She broke off, her expression growing more solemn.

"...well, that will have to wait," she said simply. "As for the Matou magus, I wouldn't be surprised if he was more than he seemed..."

London, United Kingdom
    June 21, 2010

"Why of course," the Witch replied with that odd expression of hers. "Make her feel welcome. I suppose you will want to throw a party, Storyteller? Perhaps work tricks and magics of illusion? ...or did you have something else in mind for the young seer?"

Blog Entries
    London, United Kingdom
    June 21, 2010

"Eh?" The Storyteller's eyes widen in surprise from the Witch's response as he then turned his head away from her while puffing his cheeks like a child in mock frustration. "Well I didn't expect you to guess it right on the first try."

His childish expression of anger quickly turns into a smile once again almost applauding/expecting her on getting the answer. "Well I shouldn't have expected anything less from you in the first place, Sajyou-san"

He then took a piece of paper and pencil from his pocket as he placed it on the table rather eagerly and began writing down various things for preparations. "Of coarse I'll be doing all of that but that will get dull and a party needs to be more lively and exciting if not a bit surprising depending on what it is."

The Storyteller paused for a moment trying to think of any 'unique' ideas but....

"How about putting a male stripper in a cake?"

Did a Manzai with his daemon as Savonarola slapped him in the back of the head.

"......!" The Abra responded as looking like he rejected the idea.

"Your right, Savonarola." The Storyteller agreed with his daemon as he nodded realizing his obvious blunder in that situation. "That's for wedding showers not for welcoming parties it's a bit disappointing but we have to save that for a later occasion."
    ​or not....

"Well besides food and gifts is there anything else am I missing?" The Storyteller asked as he looked at the Ayaka and Misaya while still thinking deeply. "If so can you help me out to prepare it?"
    Last edited by mangafreak7793; November 16th, 2011 at 01:53 AM.

Teasing the Penguin God!

Blog Entries
    Lethum Vitae
    London, United Kingdom
    June 20, 2010

"After I grew out of simply liking the entertainment that was born for people my age in Japan, I began to investigate the culture that gave birth to it. It was especially interesting that after reaching a certain level of mastery of your own body, feats worthy of the Age of the Gods are not beyond your skill. Of course, to reach that level of skill is something that some people would say is beyond modern humans," I answered.

In response to the mention of the representative of the Matou, I kept my silence. I had already said my piece, after all. Not to mention, this chef had yet to disappoint.

Purple
    Highgate Cemetery
    June 18, 2010

"Damn it!"

As rocks fell like rain, I couldn't do anything but to try and reduce the damage as much as possible. Maybe I had been lucky, because when I opened my eyes once more, my body was still in one peace. I called out to Eevee to see how my partner was doing. My Daemon had undoubtedly taken a hit, but the bonds that connected us were still intact. We were still in sync and there was one thought we both shared:

"I can still fight-!"

But Dave was faster and more experienced, and he ended up taking fifteen seconds of fame that should have been mine. The enemy vanished, and I felt somewhat stronger. It was true that I had only landed one attack on the beast, but I guess I had also experienced how working with other teams feels like. That, for me, was enough.

The fight over, I felt a sudden chill run up my spine.

"Haha, why do I suddenly have a bad feeling about this?"
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    London, United Kingdom
    June 20, 2010

"Odd that a magus would enjoy popular entertainment - though the fact that El Melloi II enjoys the same makes it rather more acceptable, one supposes," Ayaka noted, taking a deep breath as she returned to her food. "Indeed, there is some background in individuals achieving great feats unseen since the Age of Gods, but then that is possible in any culture. It is also not the skill itself that is beyond most modern humans, but the time involved in reaching it, given the many things one tends to require. The myriad distractions always abiding."

London, United Kingdom
    June 21, 2010

"Well, it wasn't particularly hard," the Witch answered with a wry expression from seeing the Storyteller's childishness. "There is little else you would do for someone about to arrive - unless that someone is an enemy, young Storyteller."

She was somewhat amused to see the young lad putting so much effort into a party for someone he didn't even know, since so few would normally bother - particularly magi, as they tended to focus more on their own needs. Even if she thought that such events were likely an excuse for him and his Daemon to get along...or feud perhaps. It really was hard to say which was the master and which the Daemon, since they mirrored each other well - almost too well.

"Food. Gifts - perhaps some music - and of course friends," Ayaka added simply, with a slight emphasis on the last. "For someone away from home for the first time, it is important that they have others there for them to support them."

Misaya Ouji gave a small, tight smile as she thought about the seer.

"I suppose I will help, if I can."

Blog Entries
    Lethum Vitae
    London, United Kingdom
    June 20, 2010

"There is always the possibility that there is a hidden cause, and that we are drawing connections where there are none, though. Given that there's not much I can do about it if that's the case, I worry about what I can affect."

I focused again on my food after speaking. While the conversation was interesting, we were seated to eat, not just to converse.

Blog Entries
    London, United Kingdom
    June 21, 2010
    "Great then it's settled." The Storyteller declared as he pointed at the Witch and the Oujou. "You two will settle the food and music while I'll handle the party favors and gifts."

He then got up from his seat saying a quick goodbye to the two before dashing off to train in order to finish quickly so he can get the supplies from his room to decorate the party site.

Sangreal Participant Dorms - Workshop
    London, United Kingdom
    June 21, 2010

Once getting his reserved copy on basic runecraft from the library he headed towards his workshop as he quietly read the book recording the text into his mind.

"Alright..." He muttered quietly as he closed the leather cover as he stood up. "Now runecraft can be used to add some power onto objects with certain runes?"

He pulled out several throwing knives and began to inscribe a basic wind rune onto them.

"Now let's see how they work!"

Teasing the Penguin God!