Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38111213

Thread: Nintendo Switch (March 2017)

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Switch version of Zelda now performs better than the Wii U version even when docked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6NkNgI1ssw

(unless you're running the Wii U version in CEMU on a 5+GHz 7700K)
    Last edited by NM64; April 6th, 2017 at 02:56 AM.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Banned
    https://www.giantbomb.com/videos/unf...17/2300-12532/

a bunch of Mario footage from a press event

- - - Updated - - -

the new Eels are horrifying

GC VC incoming????

Or probably just a Sm4sh port

Code:
    [07:55:59] <Spinach> Take off your clothes Kirby
    [07:56:07] <Kirby> I'm in class

[20:37:34] <Lian|phone> there is a such thing as lingerie for guys?
    [20:37:54] <Kyokushi> yea
    [20:37:57] <Kyokushi> they're called jockstraps
    [20:38:02] <Lian|phone> :o
    [20:38:07] * Lian|phone googles
    [20:38:10] <Kyokushi> NO
    [20:38:11] <Kyokushi> DON'T
    [20:40:07] <Lian|phone> okay
    [20:40:16] <Lian|phone> I don't think I should have googled that

[12:59:30]  <Spinach> call me onii-chan, bitch
    [13:00:12]  <kroyo> imma fuck ur shit up onii-fam

Blog Entries
    one day the circle of Melee fans furiously masturbating to the GC controller will cease, surely

Yeah, when they release another controller that's actually comfortable to hold. Sorry, but the SNES style of controller isn't a thing people want when they're used to the likes of the Dual Shock controller (which the Gamecube controller is the closest to as far as Nintendo goes).

Wii U pro and Switch Pro controllers are literally same form factor as 360/xbone controllers, all of which are perfectly comfortable to hold.
    Code:
    [07:55:59] <Spinach> Take off your clothes Kirby
    [07:56:07] <Kirby> I'm in class

[20:37:34] <Lian|phone> there is a such thing as lingerie for guys?
    [20:37:54] <Kyokushi> yea
    [20:37:57] <Kyokushi> they're called jockstraps
    [20:38:02] <Lian|phone> :o
    [20:38:07] * Lian|phone googles
    [20:38:10] <Kyokushi> NO
    [20:38:11] <Kyokushi> DON'T
    [20:40:07] <Lian|phone> okay
    [20:40:16] <Lian|phone> I don't think I should have googled that

[12:59:30]  <Spinach> call me onii-chan, bitch
    [13:00:12]  <kroyo> imma fuck ur shit up onii-fam

Blog Entries
    Both are more than comfortable enough to hold for anybody without a nostalgic obsession with the Gamecube one

Banned
    Melee obsession with the GameCube controller has less to do with form factor and what to do with the fact that certain skus of the GameCube controller are required for certain high-level maneuvers in melee play

Blog Entries
    Isn't that actually from a malfunction in the controller

Banned
    One that is only present in that specific SKU yes

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    I still like the gamecube controller just because I like the damn controller. I don't need a reason to enjoy a decent control scheme. And no, I'm not a melee player.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Man melee players are pretty damn crazy, their whole logic behind those tricks is "it isn't cheating because it takes a bunch of skill to pull off"

Always reminds me of this tweet.

Banned
    It isn't considered cheating because they're a typical feature of tourney level play.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That isn't the problem at all, Kentrix. That's just sounds like you constantly challenge pro melee players and get upset when you always lose.

Just because it's not an intentional part of the game, does not mean people who can do it shouldn't. I can't, so I don't play melee with pros.
    The problem is when those people will rage for hours about how Brawl was such a shitty game and how Sakurai deserves to be shot due to the lack of exploitable glitches in it.

Because, yeah...he didn't want his game to be glitchy, and considered what he was making to be a party game that could be fun no matter what the outcome of a fight was. How dare he? Then there's the hypocrisy when they talk about Project M as though they made it from scratch, and that it was made without using any of Sakurai's code, when in fact, his work is the base. Shockingly. What were they expecting? That the developers were going to make a new game with them specifically in mind?
    Last edited by Draconic; October 27th, 2017 at 04:42 PM.
    F/GO Supports

Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Not with that attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post
    Just because it's not an intentional part of the game, does not mean people who can do it shouldn't. I can't, so I don't play melee with pros.

A glitch is still glitch though, I don't have anything in particular against using something that even the devs didn't thought about while making the game, like combining two certains skills out of a giant pull of them or the like, but a glitch isn't even a feature.
    Just because someone can cheat doesn't mean they should, exploiting glitches that give you an unfair advantage is just dirty.
    Not to say glitches are all that bad, street fighter 2 got canceling normals into supers thanks to glitches, but those were later integrated into the series as a proper mechanic that was balanced to be fair.
    That doesn't mean absurd hitboxes or unfair mechanics that break or make the game unbalanced are good.

I'm mainly talking about the malfunctioning controller problem, which is the one that pisses me off, I don't particulary care about being able to cancel moves through some glitches or some moves having a BS hitbox or even some of them allowing you to combo break someone out of nowhere and start your own combo, those still kind of annoy me but at the very least they don't break the game, they just make it unbalanced at worst....except for the ice climbers infinite grab.
    When a game requires broken controllers to keep itself alive and pretend it has more "deep", then it's the moment when it needs to kick the bucket,
    Or maybe they could just stop using broken controllers to cheat harder, just to later complain, cry and retire when they become unable to cheat, sooner or later they will run out of broken controllers in anyway.

It's great when a game has enough deep to allow people to do crazy stuff, but said things should be really hard for the average player to pull off, not "you would need years of playing this game and this one specific broken articles to even begin to be able to do this".
    Glitches can create new good mechanics for new games, but the ones that are this mess up should be buried and forgotten.

Though I don't know enough about competitive smash to actually complain over it tbh, this is just my external view on the situation itself, hell I don't even play melee, this people could try to keep the game alive until there's just dust out of what it used to be something fun and I would still couldn't care any less.

Quote Originally Posted by kentrix0 View Post
    That's actually pretty cool tbh.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Instructions on how to make a broken controller:
    - Buy GBC controller on eBay.
    - Break said controller.
    - Oh, look, there's another broken controller ready to malfunction in all the necessary ways.

I found out about this, I quickly got over it. I argued for about ten minutes and then decided that while I didn't have to like it, I also didn't have to play smash with the people who used it. This whole issue shouldn't affect you at all, and the common opinion is that it's okay. So live and let live. You literally can't play in a tournament without using glitches. Without the glitches, Smash is a party game, nothing more, nothing less. No point in professional tournament play because no one can be better than anyone else by a great enough margin.

And most importantly, Kentrix, as I said before, your argument is 100% dependent on some weird situation in which you are forced to play against these people.
    As long as they don't act on their apparently psychotic hatred for their favorite game's creator or try and slander him, I have no issue with them because they don't affect anyone, they aren't hurting anyone, and they aren't cheating anyone else, because everyone they're playing against uses the same cheats to the point that they really can't even be considered cheats anymore thanks to how widely used they've become. You don't have to like it, but there's no reason to argue that everyone who does it is morally wrong.

If that is not the case however, and your concern is purely academic, that is even worse, because it suggests that in your mind, someone cheating at a video game takes precedence over their manic outcry for a person's blood because of a triviality. So, I'm just going to drop that part of the subject.

Besides, Kentrix, I have the answer to all your problems:

Soundclip from Beethoven's 9th Symphony

Okay, I'm definitely overdoing it with the Beethoven excerpt from Peggle, but it's no more ridiculous than this subject.
    F/GO Supports

Not with that attitude.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kentrix0 View Post
    give you an unfair advantage is just dirty.
    This is the part where your argument falls apart. The broken controllers are condoned by the tournaments. If it's sanctioned by the tournament organizers than it's not an illegal action and no longer considered cheating. Sure, it's sad that a bunch of people got together and convinced people to allow faulty controllers as a standard piece of equipment, but ban the use of a fightstick. But that's what the community that insists on only playing a 16 year old party game competitively have decided.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post
    I found out about this, I quickly got over it. I argued for about ten minutes and then decided that while I didn't have to like it, I also didn't have to play smash with the people who used it. This whole issue shouldn't affect you at all, and the common opinion is that it's okay. So live and let live.
    Me:
    Hell I don't even play melee, this people could try to keep the game alive until there's just dust out of what it used to be something fun and I would still couldn't care any less.
    That's literally what I said my dude, if this people have fun with this, they can keep trying to play the game for the next 15 years for all I care.
    But yeah I guess that if everyone cheats, it can't really be considered unfair anymore since everyone has that unfair advantage making it fair.