Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jojo Stand Ideas

Across This New Borderline RoydGolden's Avatar
    Thanks for the feedback everyone! Seriously, it was getting a bit lonely when I was the only one posting in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Express View Post
    Personal Jesus』might be the edgiest appearance for a Stand I've ever read, and I used to lurk the OC Stand tumblr every day a while back.
    The concept itself is solid; "faith" becoming power is something I've thought about before too, so it's nice to see it here. However, the last ability seems really tacked on and ruins the flow of the other abilities. Have Stands in canon had weird abilities that didn't correspond before? Yes, but I dunno it kinda took me out of it.
    I see what you mean about the third ability feeling tacked on. I envisioned PJ as a "final boss" Stand, so I may've made it a bit more powerful then was strictly necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Express View Post
    Deep In Abyss』 is definitely my favorite of the bunch, but I'm wondering if the user controls the "curiosities" or if they're random.
    They're controlled by the user.

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    I'm guessing the origin of [Deep In Abyss] was from "Made in Abyss"?
    Yep.

「Angry Samoan」

Appearance:
    A large disembodied head that appears to be a Polynesian Tiki head of some indeterminate origin. It looks wooden, and the markings on the face are ornately painted. The top of the head slats at a harsh diagonal angle, like it's been chopped off. A metal cylinder extends out of the flattened head, which is usually used as a lever to open the head itself.

Strength- N/A

Speed- C

Range- B

Durability- A

Precision- D

Potential- D

Ability:
    「Right Side of My Mind」
    Right Side of My Mind is the main facet of Angry Samoan's set of abilities, manifesting as a roughly 1x1x1ft cubic opening inside the Tiki head's skull--big enough to barely fit "a stack of expensive school textbooks inside". Once an item is placed inside, Angry Samoan will soon impart absolute knowledge to the user telepathically. Continuing the textbook example, Angry Samoan will inform the user on the exact dimensions of the book, how many pages, any strange watermarks or stains, what kind of trees it was made of and where it was manufactured, as well as the entirety of the book's written contents as well.
    Angry Samoan's max weight scale is approximately 10kg, anything heavier will cause the user headaches and disrupt the flow of information.

「Inside My Brain」
    Inside My Brain is Right Side of My Mind's sub-ability, but calling it an ability is a stretch at best. It activates when an item is left inside Angry Samoan for an extended period of time, at which point Inside My Brain will begin to "digest" the item. The source of the digestion is unknown, as Angry Samoan's interior is completely flat and featureless, yet the item will clearly present symptoms of being melted by acid as time goes on. Inside My Brain activates approximately two hours after the item was initially put inside, but the rate at which it melts depends on its individual weight.

The user might call it a "safety precaution" in the danger of absorbing too much information at once. With some creativity, it can be used for combat/interrogation.
    Last edited by Express; March 12th, 2018 at 02:09 AM.

Across This New Borderline RoydGolden's Avatar
    That's a pretty fun ability.

Blog Entries
    Lahaina

Stats
    Destructive Power - (C), Speed - (B), Range - (E), Durability - (A), Precision - (C), Development Potential - (E)

Appearance
    Lahaina takes the appearance of a anthropomorphic centipede that stands as tall as the average male human. The user can often be seen riding on its back, which is an effective method of travelling especially when doing things like scaling up a wall. The exoskeleton around its body is extremely durable and enemy Stands will need a Destructive Power of at least (A) in order to damage it. Despite its size, Lahaina isn't that strong and is instead deceptively quick and focuses on rushdown tactics in close quarters combat whilst shrugging off any hits to its body.

Ability
    Lahaina's signature move is "Kane Suprise" - using its stinger to inject an egg into the flesh of an enemy, either discreetly or violently. The egg then hatches and a mini-centipede is born inside the enemy's body and it will proceed to slowly burrow its way towards the heart in an attempt to eat it. The mini-centipede is no stronger than a real one and can be easily destroyed if the host is willing to potentially damage their body in digging it out. The real danger comes from either not having the time to remove it in the midst of combat, or not immediately realising it's there if Lahaina was used stealthily enough and then it being too late for the host.

Weaknesses
    Range is the most immediate drawback of Lahaina, it only being able to move one and a half meter from it's user's position. Therefore if a Long-Range Stand has the initiative in combat, it will be up to the user to think of a way to close the distance to counterattack. Another problem is that Lahaina has little in ways to counter any special abilities that enemy Stands may have, being very physically oriented itself. Thus it is once again up to the user to come up with strategies that defend against enemy powers. A minor setback is that despite being humanoid, Lahaina still has claws instead of hands and thus lacks dexterity if required to preform complex manual task like driving.

Creator's Note
    So I was listening to my Ipod one Sunday afternoon whilst cooking dinner and a song I often forget I have on there started playing, "Lahaina" by The Volcanoes. It's got a pretty interesting beat and something that comes up in the lyrics is about a man in a café in Lahaina (a popular tourist attraction in Hawaii) who nearly steps on a centipede. Thus the idea for this Stand was born! Whilst my Servant sheets are always kinda lacking, I'm pretty proud of this as my knowledge and creativity when it comes to Jojo is so much more solid than it is with Fate. Also, before anyone asks: Yes, the name of the ability is a reference to Kane in Alien.

「Liar」

Stats

Destructive Power - (A), Speed - (B), Range - (C+), Durability - (E), Precision - (B), Developmental Potential - (B)

Appearance
    Liar is a humanoid stand that has the same body dimensions as the user (height, width, etc). Similar to a Magician, Liar evokes an image of a Suave, well composed, trickster. With markings, and shape resembling that of a suit and Fedora type hat with exaggerated edges and points. The stand is coloured mainly white with grey accents and colourful accesories such as a bright red 'tie'. The Stands face resembles a mask, the mask taking on the expression of the opposite emotion to what the user is feeling, with it taking on the drama mask icon of half happy and half sad when the user is in a neutral mood. The Mask also has the texture of ceramic and can crack depending on damage taken.

Ability
    Liar's ability is being able to switch places with its owner instantly, it's that simple. It also fights in a style that means that its punches throw people further. The users can use this switch ability to get through small gaps by sending his stand through and swapping, as well as dodging attacks or any other thing they may need to dodge. The way that the stand is used in combat is a bait and switch tactic, of luring somebody in close before sending the stand behind them and launching them at the user, before switching places and doing it again, effectively juggling the opponent. The user can also use the stand to throw himself and then switch, allowing him to combo sombody into the ground he he launches them upwards. Range for this stand does not function like other stands, and can stay at longer ranges that other power stands usually can't without losing power.

Weaknesses
    The stand speed in only a B, meaning that it can be outsped by other power type stands such as Star Platinum, making rush tactics effective if the Liar cannot keep up with the enemy. The precision is also a B (considering turning it into a C), meaning that if you can predict what it is going to do and dodge or confuse the stand / user you can dodge its attacks. The durability is also extremely low at E, as the stand in genneral is not sturdy, the mask can also break which will cause the user to be stunned for a brief period. Basically, if you can outsmart the trickster and anticipate his attacks before they happen you can beat them, just like how a magicians tricks will fall apart if you know the secret behind them. The stand may also have a hard time launching larger stands.

Creator's Note
    This stand is based off of the song Liar by Henry Rollins and was designed with the simpleness of earlier stands but the mind games and smart usage of later parts. Creating a simple to understand gimmick that can be abused in many ways for a battle of wits, who will anticipate what? How will the stand attack and can the opponent predict it? The user can use it to ambush or dodge, if they dodge they can also instantly counter attack, even planning moves to begin before swapping, meaning pre-emptive attacking can be rewarded. The Dodging aspect is mainly in regards to corporeal objects that stands can dodge or phase through at will, and the swap dodging is mainly for counter attacking in combat.
    Last edited by TheBigSaint; July 23rd, 2018 at 05:26 PM. Reason: formatting

JP Friend Code
    I’m back but still no idea of stats nor appearence.

You Too (based of U2)
    Automatic stand that works like Verg Avesta mixed with Death note rules.
    Basically any pain that the user receives is reflected to a target.
    However the user must know the appearence and name of the target.
    Once the conditions are fulfilled a permanent link is created between the user and its victims.
    Getting out of the Stand’s range will onky deactivate the link but not erase it meaning that within the range it will reactivate.

It has a Requiem effect and name : You Too Bloody Sun (based on Sunday Bloody Sunday)
    Basically same rules as before expect this time the target becomes the center of an area in which any person that goes in gets linked with the target at the regardless if the user knows their name or not.
    The link doesn’t work with the user and it shares all the wounds and pains of the target at the center with anyone in the area.
    What makes this ability ineteresting and broken is the fact that it can work with a corpse too meaning it is possible for the user to create an area by targeting a corpse which would make anyone share the state of the target and die since the target is already dead.
    As such it is possible to raise the dead however they would only live within the area by sharing the aspect of life of the target and look like zombies /skeletons.
    F/GO : Lunartic/721,560,670

Mordred is finally home.

Blessed is my luck.

I am at peace.