Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jojo Stand Ideas

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    The ability still doesn't seem gimmicky and weird enough for Jojo in my humble opinion (at least post pt. 4 Jojo; I could easily see it fitting into part 3 when a lot of Stands had pretty basic powers), but it's definitely a cool and fun idea nonetheless.
    Yeah, but I don't want to try to out-Araki Araki. :-) And in many ways, I prefer the Part 3 Stands; they feel more like traditional psychic powers than the hyper-specific powers of some Stands from Part 4 forward.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    So could Hamon beat the shadow wolves? I bet so. HP would be an okay counter.
    Hmmm... I didn't think of Hamon specifically, but since it's basically sunlight, yeah, it should be very effective against the wolves.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hmm...I dunno about Hamon working, since that sounds like it falls under the "only Stands can hurt Stands" rule.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

But Hamon should work against Stands. At least both Joseph and Empress expected it to - the only reason it didn't work against Empress is because she was made of Joseph's own body, not because of her nature as a Stand.
    Granted, most Hamon abilities shouldn't be useful against non-vampires in the first place.

Blog Entries
    Hmm... I disagree for two reasons, the first being that obviously the rule of only Stands hurting Stands has been repeatedly stated by various characters and has never to my knowledge been broken.

The second reason is that the implication in both the Empress and the DIO fights that if Hamon hits a Stand then the Stand user will also feel it - DIO in particular wouldn't dare touch Joseph with The World and Nena showed relief that she couldn't be harmed through Empress thanks to it being a part of Joseph's body so the Hamon simply circulated through both of them and she then restated the above rule.

She didn't restate the rule, she does that later, when she thinks Joseph is trying to drown her. She specifically notes the Ripple didn't work because she was a part of his body: ******************here.cc/manga/jojo_s...rs/c032/9.html. I'd say that, at the very least, Joseph expected the Ripple to be transferred from the Stand to the user.

That said, even if neither the Ripple nor the Spin can affect Stands, you're forgetting that this is a specific vulnerability of the shadow wolves. Sunlight doesn't harm Stands in any way, for instance, but the wolves will still be destroyed by direct exposure to it. Finally, the wolves aren't Stands themselves, even if they're created by a Stand ability.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Hamon is some weird in-between IMO because Hamon can be used to sense Stands, it does seem to be able to affect the metaphysical plane of Stands, and it can develop into a Stand of its own, but it's not a Stand in-and-of-itself. Spin is similar.

Also, Purple Haze's virus is vulnerable to sunlight.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    My wacky Stand ideas.

「M R. B L U E S K Y」

POWER: E

SPEED: B

RANGE: A

DURABILITY: C

PRECISION: D

POTENTIAL: C

Appearance:

An extremely obese, sky blue-skinned humanoid Stand; his head is fused to his body which almost round like a globe, and he constantly smiling brightly. His limbs are very deformed, as his feet are very small for him to stand up, but have an extremely muscular pair of arms. He moves by rolling his body like a bowling ball while using his muscular hand to gain speed and turn.

Stand Abilities:

「E v e r y b o d y C e l e b r a t e」

Mr. Blue Sky appearance looks very stupid and goofy, anyone seeing it will immediately laughing non-stop and unable to fight seriously. They will continue laughing louder and louder, which is very harmful as continuous laughter may result in suffocation or cardiac arrest. Mr. Blue Sky also able to let itself be seen by non-Stand user, and after seeing its stupid appearance, no one can close their eyes and turn their head to unsee Mr. Blue Sky. The only way to stop the laughing ability is by obstructing Mr. Blue Sky from the sight, like taking cover behind walls for example.

「C r e e p i n g H a n d」

Mr. Blue Sky can also detach his right hand to remotely tickles the target. The hand will automatically track the enemy's tickles spots to induce knismesis and gargalesis. The hand also have a very strong grip, as it is so strong that a single Stand can't remove its grip by force.

---

「M Y F A V O U R I T E G A M E」

POWER: B

SPEED: A

RANGE: E

DURABILITY: B

PRECISION: E

POTENTIAL: E

Appearance:

My Favourite Game appears as a modern looking sports car with typical street race decals.

Abilities:

Aside from its durability and speed of a sports car that can be devastating to the enemy, My Favourite Game only has a single effect on the enemy it successfully rammed with. The enemy can only walk forward, unable to turn their body from their current stance. Meaning their attack range becomes very limited and can only see straight and unable to rely on their vision to locate the opponent.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Okay, Mr. Blue Sky is actually Death 13 levels of horrifying. Kudos on taking a concept as inane as "a Stand that looks so goofy people can't help but laugh at it" and making it scary.

Is it a mental effect, though? If so, people of greater-than-average willpower should probably be able to at least partially resist it.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Okay, Mr. Blue Sky is actually Death 13 levels of horrifying. Kudos on taking a concept as inane as "a Stand that looks so goofy people can't help but laugh at it" and making it scary.
    Yeah, I like goofy Stand like Pesci's the most.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Is it a mental effect, though? If so, people of greater-than-average willpower should probably be able to at least partially resist it.
    It's not, but I imagine MCs like Josuke, Joseph and Giorno unable to resist it at all, while people like Jotaro and Kira may able to resist partially.

So if it's not a mental effect, what forces people to laugh non-stop at the sight of Mr. Blue Sky?

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    It just that funny by simply seeing it in-universe.

---

I actually doesn't really thought whatever it is a mental effect or not.
    Last edited by Spartacus; February 15th, 2019 at 11:17 AM.

I see. Then, shouldn't the person's personality influence their reaction? For instance, I honestly can't see Wham laughing himself to death at anything.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Yes, I listed some of the stoic character able to resist it. While most villains like Wham, Kars and DIO able to bypass them fully.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Nah, DIO is a laugher. He can't resist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    Just a simple Stand I thought up last night. Maybe not as complex as my usual ones, but I think it's fairly good. I imagine the user would be a poor orphan who never knew any kindness in life other than a pair of blue shoes given to him by a passing stranger. He treasured the shoes greatly, and came to unlock his Stand to protect them from being destroyed by some cruel local hoodlums who were bullying him.

『Blue Suede Shoes』

Appearance: Blue Suede Shoes is a bounded Stand that takes the form of a pair of simple, slightly beaten down blue sneakers the user wears. Their appearance is unremarkable, but when the user calls upon their ability they can be seen to emanate a faint blue aura.

Power- B

Speed- B

Range- B

Durability- B

Precision- B

Potential- D

Abilities:

Blue Suede Shoes' most basic effect is simply amplifying its users' agility and leg strength. While wearing these sneakers, the Stand user can easily outrun a truck at full sprint as well as jump high and far enough to clear a street in a single bound. The sneakers themselves are also far tougher and more durable than ordinary shoes of their type, able to withstand blunt impact, sword slashes and even being set on fire without lasting damage. On a more practical note, they're immune to getting dusty or dirty, no matter what rough terrain the user traverses.

When fighting, Blue Seude Shoes' user will initially pretend that the above is the full extent of his Stand's capabilities, hiding its far more insidious true power.

『Don't Step On My Blue Suede Shoes』
    Blue Suede Shoes has the power to imbue its user's footprints with explosive energy, turning them into contact-triggered landmines. If anyone save the user walks over that same footprint, it will glow with blue light before exploding like a grenade. Effectively, this ability means anywhere the user steps can become a bomb. Since the mines themselves are invisible until triggered (other than through the marks made by a normal footprint), the opponent can only tell where they are constantly tracking the user's footwork, a task made difficult by his incredible agility.

Only five mines can be placed at a given time. In the case of more than that being placed, the latest one will automatically overwrite the previous. The explosions themselves aren't as deadly as a real grenade, but are still very powerful, roughly on par with a punch from a Stand the likes of Star Platinum. When placed, each mine lingers for three minutes before fading away.

The user can also plant a mine directly on the opponent by kicking them, bypassing the need to trick them into stepping on it first. However, he generally prefers not to use this tactic due to the risk of being caught in the blast-radius (as the user himself isn't immune to his own explosions).

I like it! Feels very Stardust Crusaders-y.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    I like it! Feels very Stardust Crusaders-y.
    Thanks. Here's another one I cooked up just now. I imagine the user would be a fitness freak who's obsessed with self-improvement.

『Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger』

Appearance: Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger has no external form, instead manifesting as a circuit-like tattoo that appears on the user's body when he activates its ability.

Power- N/A

Speed- N/A

Range- E

Durability- N/A

Precision- A

Potential- B

Abilities:

『Selective Empowerment』
    Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger can 『improve』 any part of the user's body, pushing it past the limits of human performance. If the user were to 『improve』 his arm, it would become incredibly strong and muscular, able to shatter solid rock with a punch. If instead choosing to 『improve』 his legs, he could sprint faster than a cheetah and leap over one-story buildings in a single bound. The user can also use this ability in more precise and creative ways, like 『improving』 his lung capacity when underwater or 『improving』 his fingers to increase dexterity for a delicate task. He can even 『improve』 any of his five senses, sharpening it to superhuman levels.

However, this Stand's weakness is that only one part of the user's body can be 『improved』 at a time. But given he can surpass an Olympic athlete in any physical trait, this still makes the user nigh-unrivalled in combat. 『Improved』 body parts also become extensions of HBFS itself, and are thus capable of interacting with and damaging other Stands physically. As a visual effect, parts of the user's body he chooses to 『improve』 appear covered in glowing green stripes resembling circuitry. These markings are actually the true form of the Stand, which otherwise lacks an outward manifestation.

『One More Time』
    As a last resort, the user can place his Stand on his own heart. This applies HBFS' 『improval』 ability to every part of the user's body at once. He becomes an unrivalled physical monster who surpasses the peak of human ability in every single attribute. However, the user can't maintain this level of performance for very long. After only three minutes, his heart will rupture from the strain of being forced beyond its normal limits, killing him instantly.

A forbidden trump card only brought forth when the user is willing to destroy his own body to obtain victory. When this ability is active the same circuit-like markings appear over the user's entire body, evoking tribal war-paint. The stripes converge in a pulsating circle over the user's chest that represents his heart.

Blog Entries
    ^ Now I can't stop thinking about how this hypothetical athletic Stand user would compare in a sports match against Yoma Hashimoto.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    ^ Now I can't stop thinking about how this hypothetical athletic Stand user would compare in a sports match against Yoma Hashimoto.
    Now that I've read up on him, I reckon this is the Stand that guy would've developed had he been struck by the arrow.

Also, holy crap does that story sound absolutely wild. Even crazier than the main series IMO because there's not even anything explicitly supernatural going on. He's just a theoretically normal dude who decides to exercise so hard he grows wings(?) and becomes possessed by a god of muscle(?!?). Makes me think the Stands and vampires aren't even the strangest shit going on in the Jojoverse…