Thread: Jojo Stand Ideas

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Another Stand idea from me. The concept for this one came from a conversation with my dad about what it'd be like if characters in movies could hear their own soundtrack. (Think of all the horror movie victims who could be spared if they knew to run like Hell the moment they hear the psycho strings playing).

I think this is one of my favorite Stand ideas I've come up with. It's the classic Araki formula of taking a power so simple and hyper-specific it sounds almost totally useless, and then finding creative and deadly ways it could be used anyways. I imagine the user for this one would be a social misfit (kind of like part 4's Hazamada, but less violent) audiophile who finds human contact bothersome and prefers to spend time by himself listening to music. He'd use his Stand mainly to avoid potentially 『troublesome』 situations that could get in the way of his peaceful life.

Rock City Boy

Appearance: Rock City Boy appears as a pair of dark purple headphones the user wears. A green heart symbol is emblazoned over the back of each speaker.

Stats:

Power- E

Speed- E

Range- B

Durability- C

Precision- D

Potential- E

Abilities:

『Sound Of My Life』
    When turned on and placed around the user's head, Rock City Boy automatically creates a 『soundtrack』 and plays it in the user's ears. The song played adjusts on its own based on what happens around the user, a la the soundtrack in a movie. If the user is approaching danger, a scary song will play. If the user is in a fight, a pulse-pounding rock song will play. If the user is happy, it might play a light fluffy pop tune, and if he's sad, it'd play a slow somber dirge.

While seemingly a useless ability, a savvy user could exploit Rock City Boy's power to always play the appropriate song to predict future events before they unfold. If the user heard ominous music playing whenever he interacted with a certain person, he could infer that person is a threat, or at least hiding something important. If the user heard a low rock song slowly building up in the background, he could tell a fight (or at least some sort of intense situation) is about to break out around him. By taking advantage of these cues, the user can glean insight on the events around him and steer clear of potentially troublesome situations before they occur.

Another name for this ability would be 『Aural Prognostication』.

Audioslave
    The user can spread his Stand's effects to another person by touching them, visualized by a dark purple mark shaped like a headphone jack appearing behind their ear. However, instead of the soundtrack responding automatically to things that happen around the target, it can be adjusted actively by the user.

Since people's emotions are influenced subconsciously by music, the user gains a measure of control over the target's emotions and mental state by picking relevant songs. He could play an energetic rock song to make the target more impulsive and prone to reckless decisions, a sad song to make them depressed, a scary song to make them fearful and on edge, and so on.

The user can only apply 『Audioslave』 to one person at a time, and its effects are automatically dispelled when the target leaves the Stand's active range.