Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Jojo Stand Ideas

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's one of the reasons why I like the Rohan spin-offs, they focus on Rohan investigating non-Stand stuff. From demons to Gods to rabbits from the moon, anything goes lol.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I agree. I also wish the Stone Mask, vampires, and Hamon would return as part of that, but I know it's a pipe dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This'll probably be the last Stand I post up in a while. I think everyone here can guess what character it was inspired by.

『Hip To Be Square』

Appearance: A tall humanoid figure wearing a dark blue business suit. It has a distorted, skeletal face and empty, leering eyes. Instead of a hand, the Stand's left arm trails off into a wickedly sharp axe blade. Signs reading "NO EXIT" in garish blood-red letters are plastered haphazardly all over its body.

Power- C

Speed- B

Range- B

Durability- C

Precision- C

Potential- D

Ability:

『Don't Tell Me I'm Crazy, Don't Tell Me I'm Nowhere』
    Hip To Be Square can induce a limited form of agnosia towards anyone cut by its axe-hand. The wounded individual slowly becomes unable to be seen or noticed by those around them. At first they'll merely have an easier time blending into crowds, but as the effect progresses (taking roughly 20 minutes) they'll find people forgetting about them as soon as they leave the room. Eventually others will stop being able to perceive the target or acknowledge their existence altogether. The Stand's user is the only one exempt to this ability, being free to stalk the victim at his leisure as they grow ever more isolated from their friends and allies.
    Last edited by RoydGolden; March 16th, 2019 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Changed time

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    The effect takes too long. I'd say something like 20 minutes or similar would be more appropriate.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    The effect takes too long. I'd say something like 20 minutes or similar would be more appropriate.
    Thanks. I edited it just now. Did you like the idea?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    This'll probably be the last Stand I post up in a while. I think everyone here can guess what character it was inspired by.
    I'm afraid I don't get the reference, please enlighten me.

Cool Stand ability though, we don't have that many canon perception based Stands despite it being an obvious go to supernatural ability.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    I'm afraid I don't get the reference, please enlighten me.

Cool Stand ability though, we don't have that many canon perception based Stands despite it being an obvious go to supernatural ability.
    Patrick Bateman from the novel/movie American Psycho. Hip To Be Square was his favorite song (he even gave a big speech about it before killing some guy). The ability is a reference to how he committed most of his murders without even trying to conceal himself but was never caught. Anyways, I'm glad you liked it!

Blog Entries
    Patrick Bateman from the novel/movie American Psycho. Hip To Be Square was his favorite song (he even gave a big speech about it before killing some guy). The ability is a reference to how he committed most of his murders without even trying to conceal himself but was never caught. Anyways, I'm glad you liked it!
    Oh I see. I'm not a film afficianado so the only thing I could think of was Kuudo Hinokage's ability "Unknown Hero" where you struggle to perceive him and forget he ever existed the moment you take your eyes off of him, leading to a lonely existence of him saving people for years without them knowing or being able to thank him.

Anyways, I should really post some of my own ideas here one day. I used to do it all the time on the ol' Jojo forums but after that place became a ghost town I slowly forgot about making them.

Blog Entries
    Oh I see. I'm not a film afficianado so the only thing I could think of was Kuudo Hinokage's ability "Unknown Hero" where you struggle to perceive him and forget he ever existed the moment you take your eyes off of him, leading to a lonely existence of him saving people for years without them knowing or being able to thank him.

Anyways, I should really post some of my own ideas here one day. I used to do it all the time on the ol' Jojo forums but after that place became a ghost town I slowly forgot about making them.
    Ah, that makes sense. I was wondering if some people would be faked out and assume I was referencing something anime/manga related. Anyways, I know I said I wouldn't post up anything Stand-related here for a while but I lied. Here's another simple idea I cooked up. Not flashy, but its ability could be quite effective and powerful if used creatively.

『Crash Test Dummies』

Appearance
    : True to its name, Crash Test Dummies appears as a muscular wooden anatomic model with nails driven into its body at various points. Its head is spherical and featureless save for a single stylized symbol of an eye.

Power- C

Speed- E (immeasurable when using its 『Double』 ability)

Range- B

Durability- EX (cannot be quantified)

Precision- E

Potential- E

Abilities:

『Indestructibility』
    Much like Sheer Heart Attack, Crash Test Dummies is near-totally indestructible. Even a barrage of punches from the likes of Star Platinum wouldn't dent its body at all. Though it can still be knocked around and immobilized, and hits of sufficient power can leave it momentarily stunned and unable to take action. This invulnerability can be bypassed by abilities that target space itself, like Okuyasu's 『The Hand』.

『Double』
    Crash Test Dummies most useful ability is being able to instantly exchange positions with its user, no matter how far away they were or what obstacles lay in between them. Thus, the user mainly utilizes Crash Test Dummies as a stunt double, swapping with it whenever they're in a deadly situation (like a crashing car or another Stand's fist flying towards their face) and letting the Stand's invulnerability weather the blow in their place.

By rapidly swapping with their Stand in the middle of battle, the user can confuse their foes as to where to attack and pull off powerful combination attacks.

Misc.
    Despite being physically weak, Crash Test Dummies does have a punch-barrage attack like many other humanoid Stands. Its battle-cry is "Umu umu umu umu!"

PThe ability is a reference to how he committed most of his murders without even trying to conceal himself but was never caught.
    There may have been a reason for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. I edited it just now. Did you like the idea?
    Yeah, it's a cool idea! It can lead to a cool horror-movie-style mini-arc.

Blog Entries
    There may have been a reason for that.
    Yeah, I'm aware of the theory the murders all take place in his head. Not really relevant here though.

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    A new Stand idea I just came up with this evening. I was toying with the idea of a Stand that could link people's perceptions and thoughts in some way. My original idea was a Stand called 『Radiohead』 that could literally 『tune in』 to people's thoughts by creating radio dials on their body, but I thought that seemed a bit on the nose. Might still use that idea somewhere down the line though.

I think this is one of the more convincingly 『JoJo-esque』 Stands I've come up with in a while, as well as one that would be most fitting for a protagonist. (Many of my Stands tend to better fit gimmicky one-off villains). Its ability is versatile and could be deadly if used creatively, without being overpowered enough to end any fight instantly, or so gimmicky as to be nigh-useless in all but a few highly specific situations.

Young Girl

Appearance: Like many Stands, Young Girl is humanoid and mechanical in appearance. While superficially resembling a teenage girl of around 14 years old, its body is on closer inspection made of countless mismatched metal plates that appear roughly beaten together. Young Girl's body from the waist down appears to have been shattered, metal shards blooming outwards to form what looks like a lolita-style dress. It has no legs, floating several inches above the ground at all times and gliding through the air instead of walking. A pair of large "pigtails" (actually tightly woven electrical cables) emerge from either side of the Stand's head, while its topaz-colored eyes are wide and insect-like.

Stats:

Power- C

Speed- C

Range- B

Durability- D

Precision- B

Potential- C

Ability
    :

Out Of My Mind
    Young Girl can compress the user's thoughts and emotions into 『bullets』 and fire them by making a finger-gun gesture. These unique 『bullets』 impart no physical damage to the one struck by them, but instead make the target feel the relevant thought or emotion as their own. The Stand master can use this ability for one-sided telepathic communication by literally shooting her own thoughts into others (perfect for sharing strategies with her teammates in the middle of battle without revealing anything to the enemy). She can also weaponize it by shooting her foes with morbid or merely distracting thoughts and images to throw them off psychologically.

Because of how fast they move, the 『bullets』 fired by Young Girl appear as rays of electric green light shooting from its index finger. The user can also make the rays curve slightly through the air to better hit a moving target.
    Last edited by RoydGolden; May 18th, 2019 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Clarified the bullets/rays distinction

This ability really reminds me of Pakunoda's memory bullets from Hunter x Hunter, just in Stand form. Not to say the ability isn't good, since it seems like it'd fit in a nice hybrid support/offense role, but just had to point this out. I think the protag suited for this would be a combo of Trish, Yasuho, and Koichi.

- - - Updated - - -

Reminds me a bit of how
    Spoiler:
    Yasuho v Tsurugi played out.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

I like the new Stand quite a bit, Royd, but...

[...] body is on closer inspection made of countless mismatched metal plates that appear roughly beaten together. Young Girl's body from the waist down appears to have been shattered, metal shards blooming outwards to form what looks like a lolita-style dress. It has no legs, floating several inches above the ground at all times and gliding through the air instead of walking. A pair of large "pigtails" (actually tightly woven electrical cables) emerge from either side of the Stand's head, while its topaz-colored eyes are wide and insect-like.
    If someone needs to "closely inspect" that to notice she's not actually a human being, they should have their eyes checked, and

Visually, the 『bullets』 fired by Young Girl appear as rays [...]
    Bullets
    Rays
    Pick one. :-)

Blog Entries
    Ooh, some feedback. Thanks everyone! I'll address it from the latest down.

If someone needs to "closely inspect" that to notice she's not actually a human being, they should have their eyes checked, and
    Maybe I didn't word that part quite clearly enough. I meant to say the Stand has several features that make it look human-like from a distance (the "dress" made of metal shards, the "pigtails" that are actually electrical cables), not that it really could be mistaken for a normal human. In retrospect I probably tend to use the phrase "on closer inspection" for these kinds of things more than I should.

Bullets
    Rays
    Pick one. :-)
    Yeah, I'm not quite sure what my thought-process was there.

I guess I figured that "bullets" sounded cooler than "rays" (made it seem more gunslinger-y) but rays made for a cooler visual? I could justify it by saying they're actually bullets and just look like rays because they're moving so fast.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    This ability really reminds me of Pakunoda's memory bullets from Hunter x Hunter, just in Stand form. Not to say the ability isn't good, since it seems like it'd fit in a nice hybrid support/offense role, but just had to point this out. I think the protag suited for this would be a combo of Trish, Yasuho, and Koichi.
    I definitely had that ability in mind, yeah. Though mine is more versatile in that respect since the user can shoot all kinds of feelings and not just memories.

Blog Entries
    Fairly simple Stand idea this time. I think it could be used in all kinds of creative ways though.

Black Or White

Appearance: An unnaturally tall, lanky humanoid figure covered in a black-and-white checkerboard pattern. The Stand dresses in clothing reminiscent of a stereotypical magician, with a top hat on its head and an opera-style cape draped over its shoulders. Black Or White's face is a grinning Venetian carnival mask, and the tips of its feet are pointed like jester's shoes.

Stats:

Power- D

Speed- A

Range- B

Durability- E

Precision- A

Potential- C

Ability:

Both Sides Of The Tale
    Black Or White can instantly swap the positions of any two objects that aren't being seen by anyone except the user. The two objects don't need to have a comparable size or shape. The user is a street magician who uses his Stand for various "impossible" magic tricks, but his great skill for sleight of hand can also be applied in combat.

Scenario 1: An enemy points a knife at the user. The user flicks a coin into the air, momentarily drawing the enemy's eyes to it. While they're distracted by looking at the coin, the user swaps the knife in their hand with a rose he'd kept hidden behind his back, disarming them.

Scenario 2: An enemy unloads a hail of bullets towards the user. The user throws his Stand's cape over his body, vanishing from sight. He then swaps places with a store mannequin behind the gunner, which still appears to be him under the cape. While the enemy is busy shooting at the mannequin, the user casually walks up behind them and hits them over the head, knocking them out.

Fun little ability, and it certainly fits a stage magician type character.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Fun little ability, and it certainly fits a stage magician type character.
    Glad you like it! I have a few more Stand abilities in mind, but I actually like them enough I want to save them for a hypothetical Jojo RP or something along those lines.

Blog Entries
    Is there going to be a Jojo RP though?

Blog Entries
    Is there going to be a Jojo RP though?
    Ah, that's just a bit of wishful thinking on my end (hence why I said "hypothetical"). Sorry if I got your hopes up there. Slightly more realistically, I might someday write a fanfic of my own Jojo part that features some of the Stands I've come up with. In any case, I don't feel like revealing all my cards just yet.