Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Jojo Stand Ideas

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Another Stand idea from me. The concept for this one came from a conversation with my dad about what it'd be like if characters in movies could hear their own soundtrack. (Think of all the horror movie victims who could be spared if they knew to run like Hell the moment they hear the psycho strings playing).

I think this is one of my favorite Stand ideas I've come up with. It's the classic Araki formula of taking a power so simple and hyper-specific it sounds almost totally useless, and then finding creative and deadly ways it could be used anyways. I imagine the user for this one would be a social misfit (kind of like part 4's Hazamada, but less violent) audiophile who finds human contact bothersome and prefers to spend time by himself listening to music. He'd use his Stand mainly to avoid potentially 『troublesome』 situations that could get in the way of his peaceful life.

Rock City Boy

Appearance: Rock City Boy appears as a pair of dark purple headphones the user wears. A green heart symbol is emblazoned over the back of each speaker.

Stats:

Power- E

Speed- E

Range- B

Durability- C

Precision- D

Potential- E

Abilities:

『Sound Of My Life』
    When turned on and placed around the user's head, Rock City Boy automatically creates a 『soundtrack』 and plays it in the user's ears. The song played adjusts on its own based on what happens around the user, a la the soundtrack in a movie. If the user is approaching danger, a scary song will play. If the user is in a fight, a pulse-pounding rock song will play. If the user is happy, it might play a light fluffy pop tune, and if he's sad, it'd play a slow somber dirge.

While seemingly a useless ability, a savvy user could exploit Rock City Boy's power to always play the appropriate song to predict future events before they unfold. If the user heard ominous music playing whenever he interacted with a certain person, he could infer that person is a threat, or at least hiding something important. If the user heard a low rock song slowly building up in the background, he could tell a fight (or at least some sort of intense situation) is about to break out around him. By taking advantage of these cues, the user can glean insight on the events around him and steer clear of potentially troublesome situations before they occur.

Another name for this ability would be 『Aural Prognostication』.

Audioslave
    The user can spread his Stand's effects to another person by touching them, visualized by a dark purple mark shaped like a headphone jack appearing behind their ear. However, instead of the soundtrack responding automatically to things that happen around the target, it can be adjusted actively by the user.

Since people's emotions are influenced subconsciously by music, the user gains a measure of control over the target's emotions and mental state by picking relevant songs. He could play an energetic rock song to make the target more impulsive and prone to reckless decisions, a sad song to make them depressed, a scary song to make them fearful and on edge, and so on.

The user can only apply 『Audioslave』 to one person at a time, and its effects are automatically dispelled when the target leaves the Stand's active range.

Blog Entries
    A very simple idea this time around. At least it could result in some 『JoJo-esque』 body horror. Comments and feedback on both this and the previous one would definitely be appreciated.

Guns N' Roses

Stand User: A seemingly emotionless hitman with a fondness for roses, leaving one behind after his every kill.

Appearance: A long rifle with intricate rose and vine designs running along the surface of the barrel.

Stats:

Power- A

Speed- B

Range- B

Durability- C

Precision- B

Potential- D

Ability:

Death Rose』
    Guns N' Roses has the power to make roses bloom out of whatever surface the user's bullets hit. The user can greatly exacerbate the wounds dealt by his bullets by making rose thorns grow within the target's body, potentially impaling their vitals from the inside-out. The roses can be removed, but because they grow entwined around surrounding blood vessels and nervous tissue doing so is likely to be excruciatingly painful and can kill the victim if done carelessly.

Another use of this ability would be to make the roses grow inside buildings or other large structures, potentially collapsing them by burrowing through their supports.
    Last edited by RoydGolden; April 17th, 2019 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Realized the name was already taken in SBR

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    I want to make a stand around the idea of doing things at the『Last Minute​, but anything time related just takes me back to The World.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    How about a Stand that enforces some kind of "time limit" and the closer to the limit you leave it the greater you and your enemy's chance of victory but going over the time limit results in automatic death?
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    How about a Stand that enforces some kind of "time limit" and the closer to the limit you leave it the greater you and your enemy's chance of victory but going over the time limit results in automatic death?
    That sounds like a cool idea (and it'd definitely drive this thread's popularity up if more people posted ideas than just me). I'm thinking the name would be either 『Final Countdownor 『Seven Minutes To Midnight』.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Hey guys, how might a Stand called『In the Hall of the Mountain Kingsound? I'm thinking of having its ability reference the basis song, in that it starts with a very slow motif which gets gradually faster with each repeat until it ends up extremely fast. In this vein, I think it'll be that in about a 10 meter radius, any opponents within will find themselves in a field in which they have no choice but to repeat their last action, at first excruciatingly slowly, but eventually it gets to a point where they are far too fast to even control themselves and are easy pickings for the user.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Hey guys, how might a Stand called『In the Hall of the Mountain Kingsound? I'm thinking of having its ability reference the basis song, in that it starts with a very slow motif which gets gradually faster with each repeat until it ends up extremely fast. In this vein, I think it'll be that in about a 10 meter radius, any opponents within will find themselves in a field in which they have no choice but to repeat their last action, at first excruciatingly slowly, but eventually it gets to a point where they are far too fast to even control themselves and are easy pickings for the user.
    That's an interesting idea. So if I understand it correctly, if the opponent reached over to grab a potato chip in the Stand's range, their arm would keep reaching out to grab a chip over and over again, but they'd still have control over the rest of their body right (and thus, could attack the user or try to get away)? Another ability based off the same concept could be to create 『aftershocksof the user's actions. So if the user threw a punch at someone, the impact of the punch would repeat over and over again, with the intensity of the impact stacking each time until it bored a hole straight through their opponent.

I was thinking something more similar to Vladimir Kocaqi's Stand in Purple Haze Feedback, in that they are forced to repeat the same sequence of actions, no other actions allowed, and then they go through the tempo progression. Of course, much like the actual piece, this isn't infinite, and there is a max tempo it achieves before the "piece" ends.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    I was thinking something more similar to Vladimir Kocaqi's Stand in Purple Haze Feedback, in that they are forced to repeat the same sequence of actions, no other actions allowed, and then they go through the tempo progression. Of course, much like the actual piece, this isn't infinite, and there is a max tempo it achieves before the "piece" ends.
    Can the victim at least move their Stand around freely (like how Josuke could still move his Stand when his body was being controlled by Surface)? Otherwise it sounds a bit overpowered. I mean, how would you even counter that after getting affected? It sounds like a "Enter the user's range and you lose" scenario, which wouldn't make for a terribly interesting fight.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Can the victim at least move their Stand around freely (like how Josuke could still move his Stand when his body was being controlled by Surface)? Otherwise it sounds a bit overpowered. I mean, how would you even counter that after getting affected? It sounds like a "Enter the user's range and you lose" scenario, which wouldn't make for a terribly interesting fight.
    Both Stand and body have to be locked separately. If the Stand is caught, then the body is free to do whatever, and vice versa.

Blog Entries
    Both Stand and body have to be locked separately. If the Stand is caught, then the body is free to do whatever, and vice versa.
    Ah, that makes sense. I can definitely see some interesting fight scenarios arising from that.

Blog Entries
    So, what do you guys think about a Stand ability based on the『law of Karma』? Basically, anyone in the Stand's active range who racks up negative karma (by doing things the user considers bad) becomes disproportionately more likely to get in a Final Destination-style lethal accident. The user would be a mafia assassin with a warped sense of justice who uses his ability to kill his targets without needing to lift a finger against them, by just lurking around them and waiting for them to accumulate enough bad karma their fate becomes unavoidable. In return, the Stand itself would have pitifully low ranks in every stat except Range and no way to defend itself except through its ability.

Of course, the Stand's name would be『Karma Chameleon』. What do you think everyone? Does that sound like an interesting ability?

Blog Entries
    It being based on what the user considers "bad" sounds a bit too overpowered as if they're already trying to kill the victim, then anything they do could be considered bad by the user.

There's a very similar stand in-canon used by the assassin Kenzo although it's based on accumalating good and bad "luck" instead of karma and the Stand acts completely impartial against Kenzo's wishes. I'd recommend your "Karma Chameleon" either have the Stand itself be the judge or have some kind of restrictions on how the karma is accumulated.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    It being based on what the user considers "bad" sounds a bit too overpowered as if they're already trying to kill the victim, then anything they do could be considered bad by the user.

There's a very similar stand in-canon used by the assassin Kenzo although it's based on accumalating good and bad "luck" instead of karma and the Stand acts completely impartial against Kenzo's wishes. I'd recommend your "Karma Chameleon" either have the Stand itself be the judge or have some kind of restrictions on how the karma is accumulated.
    I was imagining the user has a very strict sense of right and wrong himself (though disproportionate and somewhat arbitrary; he doesn't consider using his Stand to kill people to be wrong because he's "just letting karma play out"), so he wouldn't just randomly label things the opponent does to be "bad". Karma Chameleon's ability would definitely apply to the user as well, so he couldn't attack his foes directly without incurring bad karma himself.

I think you're right that having the Stand itself judge karma is probably a more elegant idea all around. Thanks for the feedback Skull! I'm taking that as affirmation the idea does have some potential after all...

I think the user should also be super into Hindu/Buddhist cosmology. Much like how Kenzou's Stand is the way it is due to his rigorous study of Feng Shui assassination.

Blog Entries
    ^ As an aside, Dragon's Dream was such a cool Stand and totally wasted on a one off assassin like Kenzo.

I would be totally fine with DD showing up in the SBR-verse with a much cooler character. <3

I'm neutral about Kenzo, though I agree Dragon's Dream was cool. I actually like a lot of the skill based Stands, like Pearl Jam, Dragon's Dream, Manic Depression, etc. Even Hermit Purple technically counts.

This is basically the Red Stone of Aja as a more versatile Stand power. Absolutely love it.

Blog Entries
    Just got another idea for a Stand tonight. Sense-stealing could be a hax power, but I think I gave it enough weaknesses to be interesting. As always, comments and feedback would be much appreciated.

Nine Inch Nails

Stand User:『Tom Reznor』. A teenage boy who suffered a major accident as a child, leaving him blind, deaf and paraplegic. He uses his Stand to see the world through other people's eyes both literally and figuratively, compensating for his own lost senses.

He's not a bad person and doesn't like hurting others, but his desperation to experience the world that's been deprived to him blinds him to the harm he's causing by recklessly stealing people's senses. In a hypothetical JoJo part, he'd be a minor villain who initially antagonizes the hero, but quickly becomes a sympathetic ally when the hero defeats him and learns the reason behind his actions.

As a compromise, the hero might let Tom borrow his senses every now and then to see the world, as long as he doesn't attack bystanders anymore.

Name is a portmanteau of Trent Reznor, the frontman for Nine Inch Nails, and Major Tom from the David Bowie song 『Ground Control to Major Tom』 , which is also about isolation and feeling separated from the world.

Appearance: A small, scrawny looking weasel with a silvery-grey, metallic body. Its arms and legs end in long, black scythe-like claws, somewhat resembling the Japanese folklore of the
    Sickle Weasel
    Kamaitachi
    . The Stand's most notable feature is that its face is completely featureless, lacking any eyes, ears, nose, or mouth.

Stats:

Power- E

Speed- A

Range- A

Durability- C

Precision- A

Potential- D

Ability:

Purest Feeling
    When Nine Inch Nails scratches a person with its claws, it can 『steal』 one of their five senses (touch, taste, smell, hearing, sight). The stolen sense will be attached to Nine Inch Nails' body (a pair of eyes for sight, a nose for smell, ears for hearing, etc) and the victim will be deprived of that same sense. Senses acquired by Nine Inch Nails are superhumanly sharp and precise (hence the Stand's high Precision stat), an augmentation which applies to the user's corresponding sense as well. Sight would allow him to pick out blades of grass in a field ten yards away, hearing would let him clearly make out someone whispering on the other side of a bustling crowd, etc.

Only one sense can be stolen at a time. If Nine Inch Nails scratches the same target again, it'll merely swap out its stolen sense with another one. The user can also 『detach』 one of his own senses and affix it to Nine Inch Nails, being able to perceive the world from its point of view through that sense. However, doing so leaves the user deprived of that sense in his own body, which might put him in danger or open him up to surprise attacks.

Nine Inch Nails' main weakness, aside from its lack of physical power, is that the user can't control what sense he steals when it scratches someone. If he doesn't get the sense he wanted, he has no choice but to attack the target again in the hope that it takes the desired one the next time. Stolen senses return to their original owners either when the victim leaves Nine Inch Nails' active range, or the user loses consciousness.
    Last edited by RoydGolden; May 28th, 2019 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Got my senses mixed up

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Just got another idea for a Stand tonight. Sense-stealing could be a hax power, but I think I gave it enough weaknesses to be interesting.
    Whenever you think you've made a hax Stand, you remember that Araki has already one-upped you.

Anyways, an interesting Stand. The user reminds me very much of Yhwach from Bleach being that he was born with no senses and uses supernatural powers to gain them from others.