Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jojo Stand Ideas

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the feedback everyone! Seriously, it was getting a bit lonely when I was the only one posting in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Express View Post
    Personal Jesus』might be the edgiest appearance for a Stand I've ever read, and I used to lurk the OC Stand tumblr every day a while back.
    The concept itself is solid; "faith" becoming power is something I've thought about before too, so it's nice to see it here. However, the last ability seems really tacked on and ruins the flow of the other abilities. Have Stands in canon had weird abilities that didn't correspond before? Yes, but I dunno it kinda took me out of it.
    I see what you mean about the third ability feeling tacked on. I envisioned PJ as a "final boss" Stand, so I may've made it a bit more powerful then was strictly necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Express View Post
    Deep In Abyss』 is definitely my favorite of the bunch, but I'm wondering if the user controls the "curiosities" or if they're random.
    They're controlled by the user.

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    I'm guessing the origin of [Deep In Abyss] was from "Made in Abyss"?
    Yep.

「Angry Samoan」

Appearance:
    A large disembodied head that appears to be a Polynesian Tiki head of some indeterminate origin. It looks wooden, and the markings on the face are ornately painted. The top of the head slats at a harsh diagonal angle, like it's been chopped off. A metal cylinder extends out of the flattened head, which is usually used as a lever to open the head itself.

Strength- N/A

Speed- C

Range- B

Durability- A

Precision- D

Potential- D

Ability:
    「Right Side of My Mind」
    Right Side of My Mind is the main facet of Angry Samoan's set of abilities, manifesting as a roughly 1x1x1ft cubic opening inside the Tiki head's skull--big enough to barely fit "a stack of expensive school textbooks inside". Once an item is placed inside, Angry Samoan will soon impart absolute knowledge to the user telepathically. Continuing the textbook example, Angry Samoan will inform the user on the exact dimensions of the book, how many pages, any strange watermarks or stains, what kind of trees it was made of and where it was manufactured, as well as the entirety of the book's written contents as well.
    Angry Samoan's max weight scale is approximately 10kg, anything heavier will cause the user headaches and disrupt the flow of information.

「Inside My Brain」
    Inside My Brain is Right Side of My Mind's sub-ability, but calling it an ability is a stretch at best. It activates when an item is left inside Angry Samoan for an extended period of time, at which point Inside My Brain will begin to "digest" the item. The source of the digestion is unknown, as Angry Samoan's interior is completely flat and featureless, yet the item will clearly present symptoms of being melted by acid as time goes on. Inside My Brain activates approximately two hours after the item was initially put inside, but the rate at which it melts depends on its individual weight.

The user might call it a "safety precaution" in the danger of absorbing too much information at once. With some creativity, it can be used for combat/interrogation.
    Last edited by Express; March 12th, 2018 at 02:09 AM.

Blog Entries
    That's a pretty fun ability.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lahaina

Stats
    Destructive Power - (C), Speed - (B), Range - (E), Durability - (A), Precision - (C), Development Potential - (E)

Appearance
    Lahaina takes the appearance of a anthropomorphic centipede that stands as tall as the average male human. The user can often be seen riding on its back, which is an effective method of travelling especially when doing things like scaling up a wall. The exoskeleton around its body is extremely durable and enemy Stands will need a Destructive Power of at least (A) in order to damage it. Despite its size, Lahaina isn't that strong and is instead deceptively quick and focuses on rushdown tactics in close quarters combat whilst shrugging off any hits to its body.

Ability
    Lahaina's signature move is "Kane Suprise" - using its stinger to inject an egg into the flesh of an enemy, either discreetly or violently. The egg then hatches and a mini-centipede is born inside the enemy's body and it will proceed to slowly burrow its way towards the heart in an attempt to eat it. The mini-centipede is no stronger than a real one and can be easily destroyed if the host is willing to potentially damage their body in digging it out. The real danger comes from either not having the time to remove it in the midst of combat, or not immediately realising it's there if Lahaina was used stealthily enough and then it being too late for the host.

Weaknesses
    Range is the most immediate drawback of Lahaina, it only being able to move one and a half meter from it's user's position. Therefore if a Long-Range Stand has the initiative in combat, it will be up to the user to think of a way to close the distance to counterattack. Another problem is that Lahaina has little in ways to counter any special abilities that enemy Stands may have, being very physically oriented itself. Thus it is once again up to the user to come up with strategies that defend against enemy powers. A minor setback is that despite being humanoid, Lahaina still has claws instead of hands and thus lacks dexterity if required to preform complex manual task like driving.

Creator's Note
    So I was listening to my Ipod one Sunday afternoon whilst cooking dinner and a song I often forget I have on there started playing, "Lahaina" by The Volcanoes. It's got a pretty interesting beat and something that comes up in the lyrics is about a man in a café in Lahaina (a popular tourist attraction in Hawaii) who nearly steps on a centipede. Thus the idea for this Stand was born! Whilst my Servant sheets are always kinda lacking, I'm pretty proud of this as my knowledge and creativity when it comes to Jojo is so much more solid than it is with Fate. Also, before anyone asks: Yes, the name of the ability is a reference to Kane in Alien.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

「Liar」

Stats

Destructive Power - (A), Speed - (B), Range - (C+), Durability - (E), Precision - (B), Developmental Potential - (B)

Appearance
    Liar is a humanoid stand that has the same body dimensions as the user (height, width, etc). Similar to a Magician, Liar evokes an image of a Suave, well composed, trickster. With markings, and shape resembling that of a suit and Fedora type hat with exaggerated edges and points. The stand is coloured mainly white with grey accents and colourful accesories such as a bright red 'tie'. The Stands face resembles a mask, the mask taking on the expression of the opposite emotion to what the user is feeling, with it taking on the drama mask icon of half happy and half sad when the user is in a neutral mood. The Mask also has the texture of ceramic and can crack depending on damage taken.

Ability
    Liar's ability is being able to switch places with its owner instantly, it's that simple. It also fights in a style that means that its punches throw people further. The users can use this switch ability to get through small gaps by sending his stand through and swapping, as well as dodging attacks or any other thing they may need to dodge. The way that the stand is used in combat is a bait and switch tactic, of luring somebody in close before sending the stand behind them and launching them at the user, before switching places and doing it again, effectively juggling the opponent. The user can also use the stand to throw himself and then switch, allowing him to combo sombody into the ground he he launches them upwards. Range for this stand does not function like other stands, and can stay at longer ranges that other power stands usually can't without losing power.

Weaknesses
    The stand speed in only a B, meaning that it can be outsped by other power type stands such as Star Platinum, making rush tactics effective if the Liar cannot keep up with the enemy. The precision is also a B (considering turning it into a C), meaning that if you can predict what it is going to do and dodge or confuse the stand / user you can dodge its attacks. The durability is also extremely low at E, as the stand in genneral is not sturdy, the mask can also break which will cause the user to be stunned for a brief period. Basically, if you can outsmart the trickster and anticipate his attacks before they happen you can beat them, just like how a magicians tricks will fall apart if you know the secret behind them. The stand may also have a hard time launching larger stands.

Creator's Note
    This stand is based off of the song Liar by Henry Rollins and was designed with the simpleness of earlier stands but the mind games and smart usage of later parts. Creating a simple to understand gimmick that can be abused in many ways for a battle of wits, who will anticipate what? How will the stand attack and can the opponent predict it? The user can use it to ambush or dodge, if they dodge they can also instantly counter attack, even planning moves to begin before swapping, meaning pre-emptive attacking can be rewarded. The Dodging aspect is mainly in regards to corporeal objects that stands can dodge or phase through at will, and the swap dodging is mainly for counter attacking in combat.
    Last edited by TheBigSaint; July 23rd, 2018 at 05:26 PM. Reason: formatting

JP Friend Code
    I’m back but still no idea of stats nor appearence.

You Too (based of U2)
    Automatic stand that works like Verg Avesta mixed with Death note rules.
    Basically any pain that the user receives is reflected to a target.
    However the user must know the appearence and name of the target.
    Once the conditions are fulfilled a permanent link is created between the user and its victims.
    Getting out of the Stand’s range will onky deactivate the link but not erase it meaning that within the range it will reactivate.

It has a Requiem effect and name : You Too Bloody Sun (based on Sunday Bloody Sunday)
    Basically same rules as before expect this time the target becomes the center of an area in which any person that goes in gets linked with the target at the regardless if the user knows their name or not.
    The link doesn’t work with the user and it shares all the wounds and pains of the target at the center with anyone in the area.
    What makes this ability ineteresting and broken is the fact that it can work with a corpse too meaning it is possible for the user to create an area by targeting a corpse which would make anyone share the state of the target and die since the target is already dead.
    As such it is possible to raise the dead however they would only live within the area by sharing the aspect of life of the target and look like zombies /skeletons.
    F/GO : Lunartic/721,560,670

Mordred is finally home.

Blessed is my luck.

I am at peace.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Stats:

DES - D
    SPD - C
    RNG - C
    DUR - E
    PRC - A
    DVP - D

Abilities:

A Light to My Hopes and Dreams
    The "passive" ability of Matchstick Heaven, which activates upon igniting a single matchstick. The match's multi-colored flame erupts from the head, driving any malevolent force back in a bright light. A burst of warmth fills the user's body, easily removing any sense of fear, hesitation, regret, etc. Replacing the negative emotions is a swelling sense of certainty, compelling the user with bravado/confidence. Given it is a Stand-created fire, it cannot be extinguished by any means. On another note, the matches can be used by others -- if only they harbor comfort from someone/thing.

In the eyes of other Stand Users, the flame from the match seems to resemble a humanoid figure whispering kind words of encouragement. However, its resemblance varies between the one who lit the match.

---

「Asleep in a Warm Heaven」
    Matchstick Heaven's primary function. Upon lighting multiple matches at once, the user's "most earnest wish" is made a reality. After a bright glow, the user's wish is granted: a swift escape in the form of a convenient escalator, a grand feast to satiate crippling hunger, or the appearance of a lost loved one for a much-desired reunion. Anyone can freely interact with these constructs as if they existed, and conversation with any conjured creature is possible.

Weakness:

Of course, all hope and wishes are ultimately fleeting. Once the match is fully burnt out, the delusion will collapse. But rather than disappearing, they will be engulfed in flames. Rather than pain, however, coming in contact with the flames will only result in a warm, pleasant feeling. A person would still suffer burns as would a normal fire, with one can be reduced to ashes if they do not escape in time. Curiously, a brand-new matchstick can be recovered from the victim's charred remains.

---

Giving this a try since I'm too occupied for full-blown Servant sheets. So it's something simple to start off. Song's a personal favorite. Probably my actual Stand
    Last edited by SleepMode; October 30th, 2018 at 12:36 AM.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    That is a really cool Stand idea since it can be both a terrifying adversary or a really helpful ally, and honestly, powers like those are among the most terrifying Stands in JoJo history.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My entire idea behind the Stand Aside from the music is Matchstick Heaven's user is a complete coward unable to truly rely on him/herself; and the Stand was essentially born from how his/her latching onto his/her unrealistic expectations and hopes can eventually harm not just him/herself but others around them... Yeah.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

Quote Originally Posted by SleepMode View Post
    My entire idea behind the Stand Aside from the music is Matchstick Heaven's user is a complete coward unable to truly rely on him/herself; and the Stand was essentially born from how his/her latching onto his/her unrealistic expectations and hopes can eventually harm not just him/herself but others around them... Yeah.
    I can see that, and it really works. Reminds me of the lineage of Stands established by Judgement.

Blog Entries
    reminds me of this manga

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Attack Wonderland
    (References to the metal band Attack and its song "Wonderland")

Type: Close-Range Natural Humanoid Stand.
    Stats: Destructive Power E, Speed B, Range C, Durability B, Precision A, Development Potential C.

Appearance: Attack Wonderland looks like a humanoid creature split in half: its left side is completely clad in sleek, angular silver armour (almost like a metallic second skin) reminiscent of the plate armour often associated with "knights in shining armour", while its right side is a half-naked man with taut muscles and oily light pink skin clad only in green leather and furs, similar to the popular conception of the "barbarian hero". As for its face, except for the eyes, it's completely hidden behind a silver Corinthian-style helm decorated with metallic wings on both sides - the real past often lauded in fantasy works joined with its Romantic idealisation. The Stand also carries a double-edged hand-and-a-half longsword of pure gold, which it can wield with equal proficiency with both hands.

The sword, helm and armour aren't considered parts of the Stand; damage caused to them won't be transferred to the Stand or its user. They can conceivably be worn or wielded by Stand users, or even other Stands, but if they get more than one meter away from Attack Wonderland they immediately dissipate and reform on the Stand.

Abilities: Attack Wonderland draws its power from the user's love of fantasy worlds and their unconscious desire to seek refuge in them, but mere fantasy can't hope to stand to reality; as such, in spite of its appearance and it being a Close-Range Stand, Attack Wonderland isn't a physically powerful Stand, and in fact, outside of its sword attacks, can exert practically no force on material objects - only enough to push a button or pull a lever, for instance. It does, however, possess a powerful Stand ability: World You've Never Seen.

With World You've Never Seen, Attack Wonderland can implant a shared mental illusion in the minds of everyone within a range of a few dozen meters around the Stand so that they see only a fantasy world composed entirely of rainbow-coloured hills, forests of trees with blue-coloured leaves, rivers filled with a variety of lush, vibrant creeping plants, white castles in the distance which can never be reached, and a red sun, where time never passes and they always feel as if they're being watched by mysterious creatures right on the edge of perception. This illusion affects not only their senses of sight, hearing and smell, but even touch; victims can feel the trees' bark, or the dirt and grass on which they're stepping, for instance. They aren't completely cut off from the real world, however; they can bump on real-world objects even if they can't sense them, and they can still be harmed by touching blades or hot metal, for example. World You've Never Seen also doesn't break the laws of physics: if someone tries to climb a tree, they won't be able to obtain sufficient leverage even though they feel the branches in their hands; if someone tries to sit on a rock by the roadside, they will feel the rock at first, but then will simply fall through it; and so on and so forth. Even Attack Wonderland's user is affected by the illusion.

People "trapped" within the mental wonderland have their spatial intelligence greatly hampered; they misjudge ranges or positions, for example, or their sense of direction is hindered to the point they can walk for hours only to find out they ended up back where they were, and - in more extreme cases - they will even temporarily lose all notions of up and down or left and right. This is a passive effect of World You've Never Seen to which Attack Wonderland's user is immune, but the Stand user can also take direct control of it and use it to help their Stand in battle (for instance, by making it look like Attack Wonderland is closer than it seems or to the left of where it actually is, among other, similar effects). This isn't an invincible power, though; depending on the victims' cognitive abilities and powers of concentration, it's possible to compensate for these effects.

World You've Never Seen also suffers from practical limitations; for instance, Attack Wonderland can't entrap anyone the user can't see inside the wonderland, and Attack Wonderland's user can still be harmed or affected by Stand abilities even when they're hidden from others' senses. Maintaining World You've Never Seen can also be mentally taxing, depending on how many people are affected and how long it's maintained.

Battle Cry: Alalalalalalalalala!
    Last edited by SpoonyViking; November 27th, 2018 at 05:17 PM.

Bad Moon Rising
    (Reference to the Creedence Clearwater Revival's song "Bad Moon Rising")

Type: Long-Distance Natural Non-Humanoid Stand.
    Stats: Destructive Power E, Speed B, Range B, Durability C, Precision B, Development Potential C.

Appearance: Bad Moon Rising takes the form of an emaciated, plague-ridden grey wolf with rotting teeth. It constantly drools a silvery, slimy saliva.

Abilities: In spite of its appearance, Bad Moon Rising is extremely fast and agile, with fangs capable of easily piercing flesh. Once they do, they immediately infect the victim with a fast-acting toxin which turns them into wolfmen similar to the one portrayed by Lon Chaney Jr.; the transformation is painful, but also fast, taking less than a minute to complete. While in this form, they are much faster and stronger than human beings, comparable to the more powerful zombies, and also have heightened senses of hearing and smell; their nails and teeth also become much bigger and sharper, like the talons and fangs of a beast. However, their minds revert to an animalistic state, and they're completely subservient to Bad Moon Rising's user. Victims with exceptional willpower can stave off this regression, but not for long. There are no limits in range or number to how many people Bad Moon Rising can infect, but if the Stand is destroyed or the user rendered unconscious, all the afflicted victims immediately change back.

Additionally, Bad Moon Rising can bind itself to the user's body and change their shape into that of a wolfman as well; the transformation is painless and nearly-instantaneous for the user. Their physical abilities are enhanced even further than those of Bad Moon Rising's victims, being now comparable to those of a close-range Stand (Destructive Power B, Speed B, Durability A, Precision B), and they can even fight Stands in hand-to-hand combat. Even while transformed, Bad Moon Rising's user still retains full control of their own minds - and with enough practice, they can greatly supplement their fighting skills with their animal senses and instincts, making them even more dangerous in close combat.

Battle Cry: None.

Blog Entries
    The first Stand is really cool, but I'm not too fond of the second one. It seems too much like Diego's Scary Monsters but with wolves instead of dinosaurs.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    It seems too much like Ferdinand's Scary Monsters but with wolves instead of dinosaurs.
    FTFY.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    It seems too much like Diego's Scary Monsters but with wolves instead of dinosaurs.
    Yeah, I noticed that myself halfway through writing it up, then I decided "Oh, screw it" and made it even more similar. :-P (My initial conception wasn't going to turn the user into a werewolf, it was just going to be a werewolf-like "punching ghost" Stand which could infect others.)

Blog Entries
    A werewolf Stand with a twist could be cool to see, we don't have that many Stands that alter the user's body so drastically.

Ok, Bad Moon Rising, take 2!

Bad Moon Rising
    (Reference to the Creedence Clearwater Revival's song "Bad Moon Rising")

Type: Integrated Stand.
    Stats: Destructive Power B, Speed B, Range --, Durability --, Precision --, Development Potential D.

Appearance: Bad Moon Rising has no physical manifestation, as it's fully integrated into its user.

Abilities: Bad Moon Rising user's can change their shape into that of a wolfman (similar to the one portrayed by Lon Chaney Jr.) at will; the transformation is painless and almost instantaneous. While in this form, they are much faster, stronger and more vigorous than human beings (comparable in power to Close-Range Stands), and their nails and teeth become much bigger and sharper, like the talons and fangs of a beast, capable of slicing through concrete in a single strike (and even metal, with more time and effort); their pain threshold is greatly increased, to the point they can ignore any injury short of a fatal one; and they can physically interact with Stands, even fight them in hand-to-hand combat, and are completely invulnerable to anything other than Stand attacks - essentially becoming like a living Stand. Finally, while the user fully retains their intellect, they also develop heightened reflexes, instincts, hearing and smell, better than those of an actual wolf; with enough practice, the user can supplement their fighting skills with animal senses and instincts, making them even more dangerous in close combat.

The aforementioned abilities would already make Bad Moon Rising's user fearsome, but the Stand has another ability, one even more terrifying, which it can only reveal under the light of a full moon: anyone who is hurt by the user's claws or fangs while stepping on their shadow has their soul immediately stolen by the Stand's power even if the wound wasn't fatal (although it must have drawn blood). While so afflicted, they immediately fall into a coma, and their own shadows, animated by Bad Moon Rising's power, assume the form of wolves composed of solid darkness. The shadow wolves immediately go into a berserk rage, attacking anyone in sight other than Bad Moon Rising's user and hunting for prey if they can't find any in the immediate area; they are as fast and strong as regular wolves, can't be harmed by anything other than Stands, and can recompose themselves endlessly, but they're also extremely susceptible to any light stronger than moonlight. If a shadow wolf is completely destroyed, the victim's soul is returned and they wake up.

Bad Moon Rising can't steal all of the souls of Stand users at once, but only a piece at a time. However, even a single piece of a Stand user's soul is enough to create a shadow wolf more powerful than others, and the more the user's soul is stolen, the more the wolf grows and the more it gains in speed and power; depending on the strength of the stolen soul, the shadow wolf may become larger than a horse and even faster and stronger than Bad Moon Rising's user. Also, as a Stand user loses their soul, the power of their own Stand grows proportionally weaker.

Battle Cry: Non-applicable.

Blog Entries
    Definitely better than the original. Turning people's souls into shadow wolves is metal as fuck and makes for a seriously cool visual. The ability still doesn't seem gimmicky and weird enough for Jojo in my humble opinion (at least post pt. 4 Jojo; I could easily see it fitting into part 3 when a lot of Stands had pretty basic powers), but it's definitely a cool and fun idea nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    But they're also extremely susceptible to any light stronger than moonlight.
    So could Hamon beat the shadow wolves? I bet so. HP would be an okay counter.