Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Jojo Stand Ideas

Blog Entries
    It's one of the reasons why I like the Rohan spin-offs, they focus on Rohan investigating non-Stand stuff. From demons to Gods to rabbits from the moon, anything goes lol.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I agree. I also wish the Stone Mask, vampires, and Hamon would return as part of that, but I know it's a pipe dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I dunno why rin gets so much flack for actually being an equal partner in the routei mean, don’t get me wrong, seibah fo’ life and all, but seriouslysaber ends up doing the lion’s share of the work so it’s not really an equal partnership, and Sakura was damsel in distress, UBW is the only one where you have two people who use their strengths and shared feelings to compliment and overcome each other’s Weaknesses to achieve their goals, and for some reason that makes rin less of a heroine?dah fuck is that logic?!

Will we ever know of freedom? RoydGolden's Avatar
    This'll probably be the last Stand I post up in a while. I think everyone here can guess what character it was inspired by.

『Hip To Be Square』

Appearance: A tall humanoid figure wearing a dark blue business suit. It has a distorted, skeletal face and empty, leering eyes. Instead of a hand, the Stand's left arm trails off into a wickedly sharp axe blade. Signs reading "NO EXIT" in garish blood-red letters are plastered haphazardly all over its body.

Power- C

Speed- B

Range- B

Durability- C

Precision- C

Potential- D

Ability:

『Don't Tell Me I'm Crazy, Don't Tell Me I'm Nowhere』
    Hip To Be Square can induce a limited form of agnosia towards anyone cut by its axe-hand. The wounded individual slowly becomes unable to be seen or noticed by those around them. At first they'll merely have an easier time blending into crowds, but as the effect progresses (taking roughly 20 minutes) they'll find people forgetting about them as soon as they leave the room. Eventually others will stop being able to perceive the target or acknowledge their existence altogether. The Stand's user is the only one exempt to this ability, being free to stalk the victim at his leisure as they grow ever more isolated from their friends and allies.
    Last edited by RoydGolden; March 16th, 2019 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Changed time

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    The effect takes too long. I'd say something like 20 minutes or similar would be more appropriate.
    My fanfics:
    The Gift (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot)
    - A duel between Cú Chulainn and Scáthach.
    Passion Acknowledged (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) (Lemon) - Shirou and Shinji finally acknowledge their feelings.
    He Was a Good King (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) - A short exploration of Beowulf's character as a hero and a king.
    A Fairy Tale of Love and Death (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) - A meeting between Scáthach and King Hassan in the distant past.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    The effect takes too long. I'd say something like 20 minutes or similar would be more appropriate.
    Thanks. I edited it just now. Did you like the idea?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    This'll probably be the last Stand I post up in a while. I think everyone here can guess what character it was inspired by.
    I'm afraid I don't get the reference, please enlighten me.

Cool Stand ability though, we don't have that many canon perception based Stands despite it being an obvious go to supernatural ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    I'm afraid I don't get the reference, please enlighten me.

Cool Stand ability though, we don't have that many canon perception based Stands despite it being an obvious go to supernatural ability.
    Patrick Bateman from the novel/movie American Psycho. Hip To Be Square was his favorite song (he even gave a big speech about it before killing some guy). The ability is a reference to how he committed most of his murders without even trying to conceal himself but was never caught. Anyways, I'm glad you liked it!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Patrick Bateman from the novel/movie American Psycho. Hip To Be Square was his favorite song (he even gave a big speech about it before killing some guy). The ability is a reference to how he committed most of his murders without even trying to conceal himself but was never caught. Anyways, I'm glad you liked it!
    Oh I see. I'm not a film afficianado so the only thing I could think of was Kuudo Hinokage's ability "Unknown Hero" where you struggle to perceive him and forget he ever existed the moment you take your eyes off of him, leading to a lonely existence of him saving people for years without them knowing or being able to thank him.

Anyways, I should really post some of my own ideas here one day. I used to do it all the time on the ol' Jojo forums but after that place became a ghost town I slowly forgot about making them.

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Oh I see. I'm not a film afficianado so the only thing I could think of was Kuudo Hinokage's ability "Unknown Hero" where you struggle to perceive him and forget he ever existed the moment you take your eyes off of him, leading to a lonely existence of him saving people for years without them knowing or being able to thank him.

Anyways, I should really post some of my own ideas here one day. I used to do it all the time on the ol' Jojo forums but after that place became a ghost town I slowly forgot about making them.
    Ah, that makes sense. I was wondering if some people would be faked out and assume I was referencing something anime/manga related. Anyways, I know I said I wouldn't post up anything Stand-related here for a while but I lied. Here's another simple idea I cooked up. Not flashy, but its ability could be quite effective and powerful if used creatively.

『Crash Test Dummies』

Appearance
    : True to its name, Crash Test Dummies appears as a muscular wooden anatomic model with nails driven into its body at various points. Its head is spherical and featureless save for a single stylized symbol of an eye.

Power- D

Speed- E (immeasurable when using its 『Double』 ability)

Range- B

Durability- EX (cannot be quantified)

Precision- E

Potential- E

Abilities:

『Indestructibility』
    Much like Sheer Heart Attack, Crash Test Dummies is near-totally indestructible. Even a barrage of punches from the likes of Star Platinum wouldn't dent its body at all. Though it can still be knocked around and immobilized, and hits of sufficient power can leave it momentarily stunned and unable to take action. This invulnerability can be bypassed by abilities that target space itself, like Okuyasu's 『The Hand』.

『Double』
    Crash Test Dummies most useful ability is being able to instantly exchange positions with its user, no matter how far away they were or what obstacles lay in between them. Thus, the user mainly utilizes Crash Test Dummies as a stunt double, swapping with it whenever they're in a deadly situation (like a crashing car or another Stand's fist flying towards their face) and letting the Stand's invulnerability weather the blow in their place.

By rapidly swapping with their Stand in the middle of battle, the user can confuse their foes as to where to attack and pull off powerful combination attacks.

Misc.
    Despite being physically weak, Crash Test Dummies does have a punch-barrage attack like many other humanoid Stands. Its battle-cry is "Umu umu umu umu!"