Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jojo Stand Ideas

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Have a fairly obvious Stand idea this time around.

Key To The Highway:

Appearance:
    A Stand taking the form of a golden key wrapped in ornate spiraling designs, with a dragon's head emblem on the back. As it incarnates into a physical object rather than a spiritual projection, it can be seen by non Stand users.

Strength- N/A (keys are not crash strong)

Speed- N/A (do keys move around much?)

Range- E (from the base of the key to the tip)

Durability- D (it's a key, not exactly the most durable thing in existence)

Precision- B

Potential- A

Ability:
    Key To The Highway possesses the simple, yet versatile conceptual ability of 'unlocking'. The most obvious application of this is simply as a skeleton key which can unlock any door, altering its shape to fit inside any lock imaginable. However, this also extends to anything which can be conceptualized as 'locked' or 'closed'. It can 'open' keyhole shaped rifts in space to allow for rapid travel, 'open up' someone's mind so the user can read their memories and even 'unlock' hidden potential in worthy subjects, possibly granting them a Stand. To use its power, one must simply hold out the key in front of whatever one wishes to 'unlock' and twist it in an imitation of a keyhole opening gesture.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Alright, here's an improvement on an old idea and an inspiration from an old idea I saw.

Smash Mouth

Destructive Power: None
    Speed: E
    Range: A
    Durability: D
    Precision: E
    Development Potential: E

Type: Long-Range Stand

Appearance: Smash Mouth is bonded to a group of five normal looking eggs. Normal humans can see and interact with them.

Abilities:
    Independent Movement - Smash Mouth is bonded to a collection of eggs that will continually move around, regardless of the will of the user. Smash Mouth appears self-destructive as the eggs appear to be going out of the way to get itself destroyed - fall off the table, roll into a motorway etc.
    For every egg that is destroyed; a limb will become twisted, mangled and utterly useless due to the rule of transferred damage. If all eggs are broken, the stand user is killed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kidz Bop

Destructive Power: E
    Speed: E
    Range: E
    Durability: E
    Precision: E
    Development Potential: A

Type: Close-Range Stand (Variable)

Appearance: Kidz Bop takes the form of a cloud of fog with a collection of garish colours.

Abilities:
    Inferior Duplication - When Kidz Bop encounters another stand, it transforms itself to match the appearance of the other stand however the form Kidz Bop takes is a super deformed appearance of the stand as a 'Chibi' version. Once it has duplicated the appearance of the stand, its parameters change to be one rank lower that its target and it gains the ability of the duplicated stand but it can only use the power at 50% efficiency.

Regarding this one, I saw a rough idea summarised in like one sentence - I just expanded on it.
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; December 21st, 2016 at 05:24 AM.

Blog Entries
    Second Stand sounds like a more creative take on the whole 'ability copying' idea I've seen a whole bunch of times. Pretty cute.

First one is interesting in how it's intended (sort of like a not quite as bad version of Cheap Trick) to be a Stand that's totally disadvantageous towards the user. Makes me wonder if the user went through some emotional development and took a level in badass it'd 'level up' to something more powerful and useful (a bit like Echoes and its various 'acts').

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    Has anyone had any idea what the stands of (hinted/non user) characters like Holly would be like?
    Y'know, I've been thinking about this question recently and I can't help but wonder what Jonathan's Stand would be like if he awakened one.

I imagine it would be something similar to Gold Experience, given Jonathan's usage of Hamon and everything.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    I wonder what Stand Reimi could've had in some AU setting where she survived and awakened one after being attacked by Kira, becoming Pt. 4's protagonist in place of Josuke and the gang. Would make for an interesting fanfic, anyways... Maybe for extra drama, Rohan would've been the one to die that day instead, giving Reimi more motivation to hunt down Kira. (Who'd escape after she awakened her Stand, possibly getting his own in the process)

If I were to explore it thematically, it'd be either something related to her desire for escape (being "born" from a situation of extreme fear and panic), her urge to help others which she maintained even right up to her death or maybe even one related to her desire to insure that a murderer is aptly punished. Possibly even tying into her ghost self, with abilities relating to astral projection or those ghostly hands from the alleyway...

Blog Entries
    I kinda see her awakening a Stand similar to Part 8's "Paisley Park" which would 'show her the way' to Kira.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Y'know, I've been thinking about this question recently and I can't help but wonder what Jonathan's Stand would be like if he awakened one.

I imagine it would be something similar to Gold Experience, given Jonathan's usage of Hamon and everything.
    A bit late in saying something but I agree. For the next EoH esque game, 'what-if' characters would be pretty cool like Jonathan with a stand or as a Vampire.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    I kinda see her awakening a Stand similar to Part 8's "Paisley Park" which would 'show her the way' to Kira.
    I think either that or limited interaction in the world in a ghost like form. Personally I think it's best she never had a stand myself, being a pure ghost made her stand​ out more.

Blog Entries
    I think either that or limited interaction in the world in a ghost like form. Personally I think it's best she never had a stand myself, being a pure ghost made her stand​ out more.
    Yeah, characters that don't have Stands tend to be more interesting in how they deal with them. It's for that reason that I adore Gyro Zeppeli in Part 7, since he proves that you don't need a Stand to be a badass.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    On a mostly related note, if there was an Eyes of Heaven 2 game which featured an author avatar as the MC, how do you think a players stand could be incorporated into it?

Blog Entries
    On a mostly related note, if there was an Eyes of Heaven 2 game which featured an author avatar as the MC, how do you think a players stand could be incorporated into it?
    I don't think you could pull that off, to be honest. Stand powers are just too weird, varied and esoteric to fit into any kind of generalized mold...

Blog Entries
    I'd imagine it'd be something similar to the doujin game "The Seventh Stand User" in which you get asked questions which determine which (of multiple) Stand you get.

I suppose you could have a little customisation thrown in as well.

AKA Leyeet massive_jojo_reference's Avatar
    Stand name: Atomic (a song by blondie)
    Detructive power:N/A
    Speed:N/A
    Range:B
    Precision:A
    Dev. potential
    Appereance: None

Ability: Fundemental manipulation
    A stand ability that allows the user to materialise any element from the periodic table. It can also change individual atoms of any object. The downside is that the higher the atomic mass of an object or a single atom that it is trying to materialise the more it drains the stamina of the user

A pretty simple idea i know but i had it for a while now and i though why not to share it.

Blog Entries
    Reviving a thread that hasn't been updated in about a year because why the heck not. Now with 10% more fancy corner brackets. I imagine this would be a final boss character's Stand, as its main power is perfect for a ringleader type of villain and it has enough powerful abilities to give the heroes a run for their money.

Personal Jesus

Appearance:
    An unnaturally tall and lanky humanoid robot. Its head is a large metallic sphere, with a grotesquely wide leering grin spray-painted on in red and similarly painted on, cross-shaped eyes. A bent, twisted ring of steel is suspended above its head by electrical wires, appearing like a mockery of an angel's halo. A pair of malformed metal "wings" can be seen emerging from its back, albeit far too small and twisted to support actual flight. The Stand's torso appears to be gouged open, countless tangled telephone cables spilling out from its chest like innards. Its palms have nail-sized holes in the center, evoking the imagery of stigmata.

Strength- Variable (initially E)

Speed- Variable (initially C)

Range- A

Durability- Variable (initially D)

Precision- C

Potential- A

Stand User: 『Judas Priest』
    A handsome silver-haired young man in clerical robes. Under the guise of a benevolent wandering priest, he uses his Stand to amass followers for his cult, eventually planning on taking over the world.

Abilities:

Your Own Personal Jesus
    Personal Jesus has the ability to absorb 『faith』 from people in its surroundings to empower itself. The definition of 『faith』 in question encompasses everything from religious faith to the faith people place in their friends to even the faith that the world will keep existing as it did yesterday. No matter what it was originally, the target's faith will invariably be redirected towards Personal Jesus and its user.

Those affected will lose faith in anything other than Personal Jesus itself, abandoning their friends, family and society to become its slavish followers. The effect operates gradually, with the victim first perceiving Personal Jesus to be a kindly stranger (likely an angel, given its inhuman appearance), then a close friend, then a lover and finally a god. With each step, it usurps the role of the entity of corresponding importance in the victim's own life. At this point the brainwashing is complete, creating followers that could gladly kill or die for the Stand's approval. The fewer close bonds and convictions the target had prior to encountering Personal Jesus, the easier they are to affect.

As a visual effect, 『faith』 absorbed through this ability takes the form of ghostly strands of light extending from those affected before being sucked into the stigmata on the Stand's palms.

Reach Out And Touch Faith
    Personal Jesus' secondary ability, strengthening itself in proportion to how much faith it has consumed. Every person putting their faith in the Stand will slightly increase its physical parameters (Strength, Speed, Durability). While the effect is so weak as to barely noticeable with only a small number of followers, large groups placing their faith in Personal Jesus have the potential to fortify its attributes immensely. Having amassed an entire city's worth of followers, Personal Jesus could in theory become a Stand as strong, fast and durable as even the likes of Star Platinum.

An angelic white light emanating from Personal Jesus' body displays the extent of this ability. Starting out as a faint and barely perceivable aura, it eventually grows to be nearly blinding. Personal Jesus can also utilize this phenomenon offensively for an ability the Stand user calls 『The Light Of God』, creating beams or explosions of holy light.

Lift Up The Receiver, I'll Make You A Believer
    Personal Jesus can eavesdrop messages from all telephones within one mile of its location. Incredibly useful for spying on followers, and identifying vulnerable people to recruit. Personal Jesus can also transport itself and its user to any active telephone receiver within the same range, instantly escaping disadvantageous battles or situations. In a modern city where one is likely to be no more than one mile from a telephone at any given time, the usefulness of this ability cannot be overstated. However, Personal Jesus can only use this transportation ability once per day, at the cost of lowering its physical parameters by one rank for the rest of the day.

JP Friend Code
    I have some ideas for stands powers but no appearences nor stats.

1) The Pretender
    Ability : allows to install doubt in people to the point of extreme paranoia by creating false truths ( like saying to someone that their best friend kill their family). Ironically the closer to reality the lie is, the stronger it is. Only works on one person at a time.

2) Sky Neighborhood : allows the user to ignore the effects of gravity.
    Flight works in two steps : first is ascension where the user defines how high he goes then it is movement where he the user moves as he please while remaining at the same horizontal level.
    Same process for landing.
    Works in the both ways meaning if the user isn’t careful he will go inderground when landing.
    User also controls the speed of ascension although it has to be set before activation and it remains constant.
    Only the user can use the second step meaning it possible to kill someone by making them go too high or forcing them to crash into the ground.
    The higher the ascension the longer it takes to charge the first step.
    F/GO : Lunartic/721,560,670

Mordred is finally home.

Blessed is my luck.

I am at peace.

Blog Entries
    Those ideas sound cool. What do you think of my Personal Jesus above?

Blog Entries
    Hi. I'm back with another Stand for you guys. I'm quite proud of this one. It's simple, but feels esoteric and weird enough to be a proper Jojo Stand. Feedback is welcome as always.

Consequence-Free

Appearance:
    A grinning mechanical skeleton dressed in a cowboy hat, longcoat and spurred boots. Has four revolver cylinders embedded into its arms (two in each arm).

Strength- C

Speed-
    A

Range- C

Durability- C

Precision- B

Potential- B

Abilities:

Wanna Be Consequence-Free
    This Stand has the power of 『deferral of consequence』, pushing the consequences of a given action into the future without affecting the present. For instance, if the Stand user is stabbed, then they could push the effect of 『 being stabbed』 into some period in the future, escaping completely unharmed. However, Consequence-Free can only displace effects by up to one hour, after which all deferred consequences will occur at once (in the case of a stab wound, said injury would instantly materialize on the victim's body). The Stand is also limited in how many consequences it can displace at a time, visualized by the number of revolver cylinders on its arms.

As all deferred consequences are enacted instantaneously, this ability can also be used to set traps. For instance, destroying a bridge's supports and delaying the effect of its collapsing until the enemy walks on it, or applying momentum to an object (a bullet or rock, say) and displacing it into the future to create a『time-activated projectile』.

Lose My Catholic Conscience
    In many theories, consciousness is simply a effect of brain-processing. By spinning all its arm cylinders at once and punching the target's head with both fists, this Stand can displace their very consciousness up to an hour into the future. In effect, the victim becomes completely comatose, awakening at a point in time of the Stand user's choosing.

The user can also use this ability on him or herself, though the risk of something happening to their unconscious body in the meantime makes that generally unadvisable.
    Last edited by RoydGolden; April 11th, 2019 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Clarified appearance

Blog Entries
    Wow, two in one night. I'm really on a roll, huh? Also my first time adapting an anime song into a Stand (and the themes of the anime heavily inspired the ability in question). Feedback would be really nice.

Deep In Abyss

Appearance:
    A tall, beautiful feminine figure made of pure obsidian. The Stand's head is covered by a thick black veil, making its face appear to be a bottomless abyss of shadow. Its body is covered from head to toe in countless cracks that ooze a mysterious dark liquid. Similar liquid also drips in greater quantities from the Stand's veiled head.

Strength- D

Speed- C

Range- B

Durability- E

Precision- D

Potential- D

Abilities
    :

Curse Of Abyss
    Deep In Abyss has the power to implant 『curiosity』 in the form of hypnotic suggestions to anyone who touches the liquid seeping from its body. Someone afflicted with a『curiosity』 will feel insatiably driven to fulfill it, even at risk of death and personal injury. As the Stand has poor combat specs, the user's main strategy in battle is to instill his or her foes with self-destructive curiosities that drive them to kill or mutilate themselves.

Examples of such curiosities this Stand can create include 『I want to know what the back of my eyeball looks like』 or 『I want to see the bottom of the Marianas Trench with my own eyes』. As its effects are psychological in nature, they can be resisted by those with a high level of mental fortitude. However, the effects are only permanently dispelled when the Stand user is killed or rendered unconscious.

Blog Entries
    Any thoughts on my Stand ideas?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Any thoughts on my Stand ideas?
    [Consequence-Free] seems like a cool idea. It's pseudo-Time ability gives me the instant impression of a final boss as is the tradition in Jojo.
    The one hour limit was smart to avoid being too broken.

I'm guessing the origin of [Deep In Abyss] was from "Made in Abyss"?
    Also an interesting concept, only a handful of canonical Stands that actually mess with a person's mind outright. And just like them, this one appears to be less combat oriented and more assassination based.

Good job~

Personal Jesus』might be the edgiest appearance for a Stand I've ever read, and I used to lurk the OC Stand tumblr every day a while back.
    The concept itself is solid; "faith" becoming power is something I've thought about before too, so it's nice to see it here. However, the last ability seems really tacked on and ruins the flow of the other abilities. Have Stands in canon had weird abilities that didn't correspond before? Yes, but I dunno it kinda took me out of it.

Consequence-Free』 is a much stronger and cohesive concept. It reminds me of Diver Down which is never a bad thing. Not much to say here.

Deep In Abyss』 is definitely my favorite of the bunch, but I'm wondering if the user controls the "curiosities" or if they're random.