• Cherry Blossoms' Dream (Normal)

18 22.50%
  • Sparks Liner High (End 38)

19 23.75%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Heaven's Feel Ending?

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh so she's not cute if she gets old I see how it is............

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    Schrodinger's Old Sakura: she's both cute and uncute until we get official art.

Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    If Saber and Shirou got married... Would that make Shirou the Queen of Britain?

Blog Entries
    She looks exactly like normal Sakura except with anime age lines under her eyes. She doesn't have to change clothes because she already dressed like a grandma.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Normal is the best if you consider that it's being most fitting and consistent with the Route as a whole to be what matters.

True is the best if you just want everyone to get the happy ends that they rightfully deserve after having to go through this Bull Shit. Also Ilya being based Sister.

SLH is the best if you want to see Shirou being badass as fuck and also has some great moments with Saber.

MoS is the best if you're a teenage edgelord.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Normal is the best if you consider that it's being most fitting and consistent with the Route as a whole to be what matters.
    Not really, unless you think the route boils down to "haha, look at Sakura suffer".

True is the best if you just want everyone to get the happy ends that they rightfully deserve after having to go through this Bull Shit. Also Ilya being based Sister.
    I like True mostly because it's the only route that goes into any detail about the post-war stuff. Illya, Kotomine, CAH, and Zouken stuff was good too.

SLH is the best if you want to see Shirou being badass as fuck and also has some great moments with Saber.
    Nine Bullet Revolver did that already, though the extra Saber dialogue was nice. Still, hard to really feel much about the ending where all of Shirou's efforts went to waste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Not really, unless you think the route boils down to "haha, look at Sakura suffer".
    No, the route boils down to-

Shirou: "Imma save Sakura or die trying, even though everyone and their mother has pointed out to me that it's impossible"

Which in HF Normal he does.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Reading SLH after all of the hype it got was incredibly disappointing. Shirou doesn't even finish her off; he just lies in a pool of his own blood, brain fluid, and failure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

i think True fits the route pretty well in how it subverts the whole 'hero saves the princess and they live happily ever after' thing

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    How does it subvert it, that's what happens

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    How does it subvert it, that's what happens
    Nah, the princess dies to save Shirou, he gets stuck with Wurst Grill

not subvert in the sense that it does something different but that it shows how fucked up it is when you actually think about it

like what all of f/sn does with the idea of trying to be an ally of justice

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Reading SLH after all of the hype it got was incredibly disappointing. Shirou doesn't even finish her off; he just lies in a pool of his own blood, brain fluid, and failure.
    Failure itself requires interpretation, the strictest reading of the novel is that he quite possibly achieved his goal of rescuing Sakura and averting the birth of AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Not really sure how birth of AM is averted in SLH..?
    My attempts at being a (fanfic) writer:

Eclipse - a Saber Alter oneshot
    Requiem for a Race - Altrouge and Ortenrosse hunt the TAs ( 1/3 chapters, discontinued )
    Memories of a King - a 'Saber Origins' story ( 8/? chapters, discontiuned )
    A Small Warmth - a post UBW-Good oneshot, Saber/Rin
    Devil's Thrill - Narbareck hunts down a DAA Blackmore ( 10/10 chapters, finished )
    Boundary of Loneliness - Ryougi Shiki/Alphard Al-Shua oneshot. Lemon-flavoured

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Failure itself requires interpretation, the strictest reading of the novel is that he quite possibly achieved his goal of rescuing Sakura and averting the birth of AM
    What makes you say that?

As for SLH, it was hype because we saw Shirou finally reach his goal of matching Saber. Or at least it seemed that way if you didn't think too hard about it.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

JP Friend Code
    Not really, since without Shirou to be her living emotional crutch Sakura's best-case-scenario is becoming a crazy-cat-lady living in her teenage sweetheart's house.

And that's before accounting for the fact that without Shirou there to break her connection with Angry Manjew, everyone's fucked.

Blog Entries
    No, with Shirou brain dead AM is born and everyone is fucked
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Blog Entries
    Yikes, a 2014 member might not even have known about the furious HF fights we used to have. I guess that means I get to set out my position again.

No, the point of the route isn't that Sakura has to suffer. But it is about not being able to have everything you want, about difficult decisions, about the costs of those decisions, about - if I had to put it in one word - sacrifice. (Or, "growing up" if you see the novel as essentially a childhood/adulthood conflict). The gods won't just give you something for free because you really want it: you need to offer up that goat. (Even if they've got all the ambrosia and nectar they could want, and could drop by to just steal as many goats as they wanted - but, then, you're the real focus of any sacrificial ritual, not the gods).

And while, honestly, I don't think either end lives up to that as well as they should, Normal's at least only sounding a variant note to my ears. True, by contrast, seemed to run roughshod over it. If you remember the little credits strip, there's a part of it that sums up why I really dislike True:
    "Nature is in her full bloom, and there is nothing left which reminds you of the hard cold days."

Shirō et al. just don't give any adequate time to the promises of reflection and remembrance, the costs paid by them and by others. The little comedy routine of "Oh, Shirō's dead - ahaha, no he's not!" really kind of kills the mood to me, and the rest of the ending follows suit.

Also, credit to Kel for noting (and then continuing to note because I kept forgetting it) that you are totally able to have the Kotomine fight and still get the Normal End.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    What makes you say that?

As for SLH, it was hype because we saw Shirou finally reach his goal of matching Saber. Or at least it seemed that way if you didn't think too hard about it.
    according to saber, Rin can and will save Sakura if saber doesn't intervene. We know from reading the true end and femme fatale what happens if saber is and isn't there.

specifically, in this case, saber is delayed till well after rin and Sakura reconcile. Shirou does not arrive to destroy the grail, but rin is there instead. Assuming failure actually requires you to assume saber is wrong and rin can't save Sakura, even with sakura's cooperation. That may be true, but seeing as how this is the same route rin straight up pulls a true magic out of her ass, I'm not prepared to bet against her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    according to saber, Rin can and will save Sakura if saber doesn't intervene. We know from reading the true end and femme fatale what happens if saber is and isn't there.

specifically, in this case, saber is delayed till well after rin and Sakura reconcile. Shirou does not arrive to destroy the grail, but rin is there instead. Assuming failure actually requires you to assume saber is wrong and rin can't save Sakura, even with sakura's cooperation. That may be true, but seeing as how this is the same route rin straight up pulls a true magic out of her ass, I'm not prepared to bet against her.
    What exactly is she supposed to do, given that the outcome of their 'reconciliation' is her bleeding out on the cavern floor with a massive hole in her abdomen?

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries

What can Rin do though after she gets stabbed.

Also how could she get past all the tendrils and stuff to help Sakura, Shirou had to fight his way through all of that to Rule Breaker her.

Plus even if she does all that, AM is still going to be born. I guess Sakura could command Saber to Excalibur it herself.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.