Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crystallum (IC)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Misuzawa Malik
    7:25
    Civitas Headquarters - General Room

“This is all we have on ‘Stigmata,’ and Toyotomi Sakura is at her apartment. She has called in sick. She apparently bought groceries rather uneventfully last evening, so the veracity of her illness is possibly suspect.”

“Are you willing to give her a personal visit, or should we bring her back here?”
    The white-haired first year gave the older man a thankful smile as he took the manila folder from his assistant.

“There is no need for that. Dragging people around like that will only end up needlessly worsening our public image. It would just end up being another excuse for the Public Morals Committee to dig their claws into. A fruitless endeavor on their part, of course, but one that would be supremely annoying to deal with.”

“Besides, one should never shy away from meeting another face in our little community.”

There was another, unnamed reason, for why Malik would like to meet the girl face-to-face, instead of intermediaries. This sudden “illness” was simply too convenient. If it was something truly that simple, it would have never reached his ears. It smelled of either a bad cover-up or of some sort trap. Of course, it could always be that the rebellious girl was simply skipping class and wasn’t particularly thorough in covering her tracks. She wouldn’t be the first, obviously.

However… It was always better to prepare for the worst outcome, rather than the best. Tended to be more accurate as well, based on Malik’s own personal experience. Furthermore, they were dealing with someone willing to sell highly illicit goods to Akashi students. It was likely that they would not shy away from using any methods available to them in order to cover their tracks.

They had already crossed their Rubicon.

“In any case, let's visit our dear little Sakura-chan.”

“Perhaps we should swing by the apothecary and grab some cough medicine? Get-well chocolate? Or today’s homework?”
    A playful grin played on Malik’s lips. “Though… considering that we are skipping as well, that last one is probably out of our reach.”

Blog Entries
    Excellion Entramallis
    7:05 AM
    The Streets of Akashi

The beam dissipates the shock wave with ease. Your brilliance was unparalleled, and this man, no matter how eager or bright his soul was, could not even come close to your radiance. This battle would end in one stroke, you confidently thought. It was his mistake to challenge you.

His shinai glimmers. It’s not made of any ordinary material—it’s a Centralized Vector Armament, advancements in technology made to synchronize with the efforts of Espers. With a mighty cry and a swing, he deflects the beam of light, his howl drowned out by the noise of ruined rubble. The particles dissipated with the force of his swing, but you notice that his coat is now frayed.

“Is that all you got?” His cry resounds across the battlefield as the spectators slowly back away. This is no controlled chaos. No, if either of you had exerted a bit more force, the street could have been destroyed. The two of you are merely teetering across the knife’s edge.

In a burst of movement, he lunges towards you, and you feel the air crash with his swing, moments before that strike would hit you.

mystery shounen man
    STR: S?
    PRE: C
    SPD: A

ESP: ???

Unknown, appears to be related to the amplification of force?

Larissa Alessandra and Kogami Ruri
    7:53 AM
    The Saints’ Cradle

The door slams into something and you hear the sound of glass breaking and books falling. It dawns upon the both of you that the door had unfortunately slammed into a chair, which in turn smashed into a glass bookshelf. Suites in the Saint’s Cradle consisted of a “main room” accompanied with a small kitchen, a bedroom, and a bathroom. It was merely unfortunate that Fumizuki Minami enjoyed the glass aesthetic, and that the door happened to make an even more unfortunate collision with the furniture.

Yet, in the silence of destruction, you hear the hum of a desktop. You’re quite lucky that Minami positioned the chair in front of the door and not the computer setup. The monitor light blinks on and off, signalling the computer is asleep.

The rest of the room seems rather sparse. There’s another desk near the back, covered in notes and binders. It looks like school work. Bookshelves align every wall, and you realize the glass shelf the chair and door combo had struck also doubled as a trophy case. Golf and writing accolades, from the looks of it.

A door opens, interrupting your investigation.

As the girl walks out, Ruri understands where that flowery impression is coming from. Gentle gardens give way to confusion and annoyance, thorns upon perfectly fine flowers. She cocks her head at you, a bit confused.

You recognize her on the spot—of course you would, she’s a fellow Saint—as Nanase Nanami, the Eleventh. The World Rejector. Leader of the Everlasting Garden. Her power was rumored to involve something about anti-matter generation, but whatever she had done to destroy everyone below her was not an open secret.

“What’s all the ruckus about?” She says with a fake yawn that Ruri can detect. “Since when did the Disciplinary Committee break into their own apartments?”

She tries peering into the apartment, curious.

Hanaoka Hana
    12:11 PM
    Cafeteria

Akari gives you a “Okay I’ll buy that” look, still looking quite a bit concerned. She fiddles with the food on her plate a bit, fork barely missing neatly cut hamburger piece.

“Well, if you’re fine with that, then it can’t be helped. Just, you grow just as much by working with people, okay? Onii-chan said that the Student Council President also used to be a loner, but she lightened up when…”

She shakes her head and dredges a small tablet out of her bag.

“Right, the case. Kitamura Kaede’s usually not the kind of person to be particularly truant, based on last year’s behavior, but that’s changed. The Scarlet Daze is a bunch of people who think their justice is beyond the rules that we enforce, so they tend to be pretty stubborn… So getting information from them, or any of the other gangs, is kinda unlikely.”

Akari nods to herself, taking a sip from her water bottle.

“She’s associated with the other gangs in the Spectrum, but you know how dealing with them goes. We can probably talk to her boyfriend, I think? What’s his name… Terashima Kousuke. Right. He’s pretty clean, if a bit lazy. He’s attending school today, if attendance records don’t lie.”

Akari looks up to check if you’re paying attention, before going back to her food.

“Any questions or opinions?”

Hanaoka Hana
    12:11 PM
    Cafeteria

“Well… let’s just say that we all have our preferences, and leave it at that, okay?”

Akari doesn’t have to finish her sentence for me to figure out what she’s referring to. Considering how that had turned out… it wasn’t exactly the best example to give. It was probably just an accidentally misfortunate example, but if anything, that only reminded me to keep my distance. Even close friendships couldn’t weather through everything.

But enough of that. It was time for business.

As ironic as it was coming from myself, a student falling into delinquency was a most regrettable event. Having misgivings about society and the desire to fix things was all fine and good, but to undermine the current authorities was going too far. If they were going to take their stance that far, then I had no real reservations about making them speak. Or any of the other gangs in the Spectrum, for that matter. Akari probably wouldn’t agree, but in my opinion some things in life required a coarser touch. Few things spoke as loud as force.

“We can probably talk to her boyfriend, I think? What’s his name… Terashima Kousuke. Right. He’s pretty clean, if a bit lazy. He’s attending school today, if attendance records don’t lie.”
    “Eh? He’s at school?” I asked, a little unsure of what I just heard.

That struck me as odd. If your lover went missing from school for several days, then school attendance should have been the last thing on your mind. If they were skipping for whatever reason, then it wouldn’t hurt to show some solidarity. If they were sick, then obviously you should be trying to take care of them. If they had gone missing, then it was obvious to try and go find them.

N-not that I had given any thought to how these relationships worked. After all, school was a place for students to learn and study- not the most appropriate place to be making these sorts of relationships. If anything, it made my task a lot easier if people did none of the above.

“I’ll admit I’m little personally curious about why her behavior changed this year. But it sounds to me like her… boyfriend, is our best lead at the moment. Anything more on him?”

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar
    ---

Larissa Alessandra

April 27th, 2037 - 7:52 AM

The Saint's Cradle

---

Oh no...

O H N O.

Mistakes were made! Why did everything go kapow, clash, bang and pang anyways?! Who the hell puts their chair in front of the door like that? I-I mean, that's dangerous, dangerous I say! Absolutely!

Quote Originally Posted by Nanase Nanami
    “What’s all the ruckus about?”
    W-wait, what?

It's...

Not the person I came here looking for!

How frightful, how terribly frightful! Could this be the person responsible for Minamin's disappearance?! Surely, surely she can't be here for a random reason! I mean, the door was locked!

Umu, umu...

Finger point! Justice pose! Eyes of Truth! Yatta!

"Aha, a suspicious person within the premises! We are here to find out where Fumizuki Minami has disappeared to!"

Although, it's true, things could have gone better... but again, who the hell puts a chair there?! Why did it even move that way it did? PHYSICS PLEASE?!

Yours and truly, Larissa Alessandra is here to solve the case!

Oh... it is Nana-tan... she looks rather cute and pretty... but not and cute as pretty as me! Heheh...
    Last edited by Ayakashi; May 26th, 2017 at 05:34 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Kogami Ruri
    7:52 AM
    The Saint's Cradle

I blink.

Suddenly, an onrush of color. Annoyance, panic, confusion, false bravado, the works. Even with such a jumbled air like this, even I can tell what’s coming from who. The girl before me, another Saint, yawns and admonishes us, and I feel the urge to yawn too, even if I’m not tired. I ignore it.

Color starts to flow. I can’t stop it, but it’s welcome. Maybe the new Saint won’t get too mad. Maybe Larissa will calm herself.

My partner begins posing. Even I can’t quite tell why. Regardless, the Saint’s attention should be on her now, perhaps to question her, or to probe or prod. Whether or not she cares about me, I don’t know. I nod as Larissa starts speaking, our reasons to be here, and I give a small bow, taking my leave and silently making my way into the room.

I look about the room. The shelves, the notes, the flickering monitor. I prod at the mouse, to try jolt it out of sleep mode. Here, we finally begin our investigation.

Like old times, though he wasn't quite as hyper. I push the thought away, and begin my search.

I’m sure Larissa can handle herself. Hopefully her sacrifice will not be in vain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Blog Entries
    Minase Mizuru
    6:50 AM
    ???

Mukai Kaoru, the Dust Queen. Fifteenth Saint of Akashi, and leader of the Ruin: a remarkably boorish gang even by the standards of delinquents.

It might sound strange that someone compared to a sledgehammer would think of another as boorish, but there existed a clear difference to Mizuru.

A sledgehammer pulverizes through sheer force and leaves messy scattered remains in its wake, that much is true. But this it does only with the will and direction of a wielder. A far cry from a fine scalpel it may be, it was nonetheless a tool with a specific purpose in its own right.

The Ruin was a different story. These were wild boars, vandals who behaved according to the whims of their snouts and instinct with little input from their dim minds. Their leader was no different, evident in her almost purely destructive ESP.

That ESP was known to be especially effective against materials-based espers. Why would Nao ask him of all people, then, to put her down? At first glance, it would seem to be the worse of match-ups, considering his primary method of utilizing his own powers. The worst of compatibilities, like scissors to rocks. Rocks to paper. Paper to scissors.

Mizuru smiled.

All very fine and well for theorycrafting. But compatibilities were just that, in the end. A sketch drawn in sand, to be drowned out in the tides.

A sledgehammer destroys with brute force. Scissors, rocks, or paper: would they look any different once reduced to dust?

“Consider it done, Amami-senpai.”

There was hardly a more fitting end for the Dust Queen than that.

Blog Entries
    Hanaoka Hana
    12:12 PM
    Cafeteria

“He’s definitely at school, I saw him in class today,” Akari says in a matter-of-fact tone. “I didn’t bother confronting him then, because it might have been too much to deal with while class was in session…”

They were in the same class, then? That was an interesting tidbit.

“Terashima-kun is pretty bright, even if the strength of his ESP isn’t as strong as the school would like, so he still attends the classes in the main school. He’s probably attending to give Kitamura the lessons when she gets back.”

“Apparently they started dating after he started tutoring her…” After this, Akari suddenly coughs awkwardly and tries to look distracted, as if she were staring through some window. “But, um, you didn’t hear this from me, but they’re supposedly really into that sort of play…”

“W-we’ll just ask him some stuff after school, that’s fine with you, right? Other than that, I mean, he’s pretty straightforward. Effortlessly picks up material, doesn’t hang out with that many people, lives in the Diamond District… He probably knows where Kaede is. I think he’d be panicking otherwise.”

Larissa Alessandra and Kogami Ruri
    The Saint's Cradle

Nanami looks at you, eyebrows raised, before stifling some laughter. She doesn’t make any attempt to hide the fact she’s trying to keep it together, almost tauntingly. It takes her a bit to get her composure back, but Nanami just rolls her eyes at you and tries forcing herself even further into the room.

“Oh, Fumizuki-san went missing? I thought so, but for the Disciplinary Committee to just tear down her door…” She looks at Larissa like she’s some sort of savage. “This just seems like the kinda stuff Dragons do.”

She simply shrugs, her carefree attitude all too apparent “I’ll just stay put and not interrupt your investigation, so don’t you worry! I’m willing to lend a helping hand to my dear friends at the Disciplinary Committee, though!”

She claps her hands together and the smile she gives you is downright angelic. You can feel the earnest goodwill in your heart even…

But still, it’s a member of the of the Dragon’s Alliance. It wasn’t that cooperation was unheard of between the Alliance and the Committee, but nothing at Akashi was free. The school was always, always fostering a sense of competition, so what was given could not be treated lightly.

On the other hand, for Ruri, the computer wakes up with ease. The lock screen is a bit of a hassle, though, stopping you from seeing what was truly inside. Having one of the more technologically inclined Espers lend their aid would make it trivial, but would also pose a decent security risk.

Even so, you spot the papers and notes on her computer desk. It appears she was working on the Stigmata case before she vanished, various locations crossed out and scribbled under. None of the Dragon’s Alliance pop up as you read, which seems rather odd. The trafficking of the drug surely had to have been covered up by someone, but who…

A sticky note embedded between some pages catches your eye.

“Send this to the main office when you’re back.” It’s dated April 22nd, the beginning of her absence. If she hadn’t returned since then, no doubt the apartment was as untouched as it was back then. Minami seemed like the kind of person to keep written back-ups, just in case, so perhaps the computer password was here, somewhere…
    Last edited by Katie; May 31st, 2017 at 10:43 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Kogami Ruri
    The Saint's Cradle

Of course, it’s locked.

The other Saint tries to ease her way in, but Larissa’s holding the line. I look around on the desk, instead, and see notes her case before she disappeared. Something about Stigmata. A drug, apparently, but one that doesn’t really ring any bells for me. I notice a sticky note on some papers.

Send this to the main office when you’re back.

I nod, though to who, I’m not quite sure, and I organize the papers neatly into a stack. Enough spoils to call it a day, I’d suppose.

The monitor, though. I frown at it. It bothers me.

Who even leaves their computer on this long?

I skim through the notes for anything of interest, and then tuck them under my arm. Stacks on notes wedged awkwardly between my elbow and my waist, I look through whatever else I can find. Perhaps a sticky pad or post-it note. Maybe she was the type to write her passwords down. Maybe she wasn’t. Whatever she was, it irks me, just a tad, to leave that monitor alone.
    Last edited by Kirby; June 2nd, 2017 at 09:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Excellion Entramallis
    7:05 AM
    The Streets of Akashi

“Is that all you got?”

"Aha~! It is not, but you must know by now that this is a dangerous path you walk... so I will have no regrets for this!"

A stylish flair of his coat as he drops into a crouch, an aura building around him. The corona of light littering sparkles about him like fading stars.

"Behold! The
    Road to Ruin
    ROAD OF GLORY
    ~!"

A shimmer of light spreads out from where his hands are touching the pavement lighting up with an aurora like glow above it as it turns golden, then too bright to look at.

"However brave you are, know that your path has no way to reach VICTORY."

The road can't contain the amount of energy being pumped into it, the very bonds that hold its molecular structure together straining before finally snapping explosively. The blacktop shattering in chunks and releasing even more of its energy upwards towards the samuri running along it, leaving him for all measures running along an exploding bomb.

"For your road ends here!"
    Collection of cherished moments
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    I'LL KILL YOU PLUE
    <Zagrin> I'll kill ya Plue

Blog Entries
    Excellion Entramallis
    7:07 AM
    The Streets of Akashi

The road shatters into pieces, chunks being sent flying into the air. Passerby trying to gawk at a battle involving a Saint completely switch to panic mode, making desperate attempts to protect themselves from falling debris. They scatter in the wake of your ridiculous, overwhelming force. Your opponent, however, is afforded no such defense, and is sent flying into the air, his scream of rage and anguish swept by the winds. That’s enough of that, you suppose. You think you can even envision a star, briefly sparkling in the air—the man’s bright passion snuffed out by your spectacular efforts.

Unfortunately for you…

The scream that was once vanished into the air returned even louder as a yell of unyielding conviction.

That man cannot be deterred. Looking quite clearly battered from the impact—you’d be surprised to think he could stand properly if the situation afforded it—he makes one last ditch effort for an attack from the air. He dives straight towards you, like a missile, shinai pointed first and foremost. This is the final effort of a man who will not give up.

His swordsmanship would be at a clear disadvantage on rough terrain. Thus, the logical course of action was clear—end it now. This attack, nothing like a trump card, was a desperate attempt to grab control over the fight.

(I’ll wise up later.)

Katsuji Hisa
    7:04 AM
    Athletics Center - Tennis Court

One of your hands brushes against his neck, before gripping air.

To say he dodged is an incorrect statement. It was more like he suddenly zoomed out of the way. The only thing you can glean from the sudden movement is that it is perfectly curved, no doubt a feat of psychic ability. His shoes leave a trail in the ground, soles grinding against the grass to create a dirt road. He holds the tennis racket as if it would protect him from your wrath, a weapon to defend against a relentless beast.

“Have I struck a nerve, Katsuji-chan?” The way your name rolls off his tongue is gross, someone trying too hard to mask their malice. Kenji gives you the once over, before tossing something up into the air.

Orbs, you realize. Gold and bright like him. Ah, more like tennis balls? Nevertheless, they come at you, one after the other, but then you realize there is a more complex problem at hand. Every swing makes the air crack with power, but they also curve in every which way, their trajectories more erratic than anything you remember encountering.

Not that you remember much, or if it mattered. An offense of this caliber wasn’t something you couldn’t handle.

Misuzawa Malik
    7:57 AM
    Pewter Apartment Complex

Most people in this district are at school, you realize. People, while being somewhat low in the rankings, who still cling on to the idea that they can climb and perform well. Or, perhaps because they’ve nothing better to do. It’s rather tragic, that what they do is almost futile, but the current situation means you draw much less attention than what would be considered normal.

Much like the people that populated it, the Pewter Apartment Complex was unassuming and ordinary. A simple, concrete aesthetic with functional windows. Maybe even an outside view with a balcony if the tenant was particularly lucky or just a bit better off.

You knock on her apartment door, an unstylish, dull grey as anything else around here, and it opens, just a bit, and an eye peers out, widening in surprise.

She recognizes you immediately, and what little of her face you can see in the crack of the door turns dour. Toyotomi Sakura bites her lip, obviously unsure of what to do, before the door opens just enough to let both you and Ken through.

Her apartment looks to be a bit messy, but considering you showed up unannounced, it could be much worse. She motions for you two to sit on a couch that looks like it has seen better days. You watch her shuffles things around for a bit, clearly unused to having visitors. Toyotomi herself grabs a bottle of water and downs something with it—medicine, most likely. The rattling of a pill bottle gives it away.

“Could you just… I don’t know who sent you here, Misuzawa-san, but I don’t really want anything to do with it. No more business for me.” She does look rather tired, and as she slumps into a folding chair she grabbed out of a small closet, you don’t get the impression she is lying.

“Clean now,” she says, making her point perfectly clear. “Since you came all the way here, though, I’ll listen to what you have to say, but I’m not doing it.”

Katsuji Hisa
    7:04 AM
    Athletics Center - Tennis Court

The moment before she could fully wrap her hand around his neck, his body suddenly vanished. No, not vanished but retreated, increasing the distance between himself and Hisa's wrath. However it wasn't as if this was due to some physical prowess, but rather the result of some psychic ability, judging by the trail on the ground he left behind. Hisa noted that the trail was a perfect curve, and that the distance now between her and him was roughly about 8 yards. It was a distance she could still cover in the blink of an eye, but there was no guarantee that his odd movement ability would not dodge her follow up strike as well.

“Have I struck a nerve, Katsuji-chan?”
    Kenji spoke with barely masked malice, before tossing some golden balls in the air. Tennis balls? He fires them at her, one after another, flying in erratic trajectories and strange curves.

Hisa barely paid them any mind. An attack of this level was beneath her. Curves and spin, tricks and gimmicks; how fitting that this was all a jester like him could offer. She would break through his ability with pure, straightforward power.

"All you're doing is delaying the inevitable."

The very next moment she leaped, kicking off the ground and flying through the air at her enemy. If he used that strange movement technique again, she would pursue.

It was a game of tag between Hisa's speed and Kenji's ability. And it could only end one way.

<Satehi> I, satehi, thought of tentacles first for entirely inappropriate, disgusting, lewd and perverted reasons

Honk

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Misuzawa Malik
    7:57 AM
    Pewter Apartment Complex

The Pewter Apartment Complex was the same brutalist monstrosity that Malik remembered it being, much the rest of Akashi’s “slums”. Faceless mass-produced buildings made to house the vast masses that churned through the Institute every year. Neither was it much better inside. While the complex itself was rather large, it was filled with dull and lifeless walls that seemed to sap away one’s very spirit. It reminded Malik of his childhood in many ways. Much more… livable, for the lack of a better word, but still so very similar in spirit.

A ghost of a smile flickered on the white-haired boy’s lips as his hand slightly adjusted the large basket of fruits that he was carrying.

As the raven-haired girl cracked open her dorm-room door, in order to see who was interrupting her morning, Malik was there to greet her with a wide smile.

“Good morning, Toyotomi-san. May I?”

Pausing for a brief second, the younger-looking girl opened the door fully and beckoned the two of them to follow her into the room. The room was slightly disorganized, but Malik paid it no mind. It was hardly a surprise, considering that the two of them had shown up unannounced and that the girl in front of them was supposedly sick. As Malik sat down on the rather battered and tired sofa, his eyes flicker over towards Sakura for a second, who, judging by the rattling of the container, was gobbling down tablets of some description.

Malik's eyes narrowed imperceivably for a brief moment.

“Could you just… I don’t know who sent you here, Misuzawa-san, but I don’t really want anything to do with it. No more business for me.”

“Clean now. Since you came all the way here, though, I’ll listen to what you have to say, but I’m not doing it.”
    “You need not worry, Totoyomi-san. We are not here to bully you into doing anything. I am simply here to talk to you for a bit. You see, I am facing an issue that I think you might have a better understanding of then I do. But before that...”

“I heard you were sick, so I brought you some fruits. As a get-well present of sorts.”

Malik gave Sakura another wide smile as he placed the basket in his hands on top of the small weathered and stained coffee table in front of the sofa. A large number of different pristine-looking fruits, ranging from oranges to kiwis, could be seen inside.

“In any case, I don’t want to take up any more of your time than I have to, so I’ll be direct.”

“This morning, I met with a very shaken young man. Koizumi Minato. You two are acquainted, am I right?”

Malik flashed Sakura another brief smile, although he didn’t bother to wait for a reply. Koizumi had said as much already, and anything that Sakura would say at this point would either be confirming their involvement or trying to downplay it.

Neither of which would really be constructive towards the topic at hand.

“You see, Koizumi-kun was very worried about his friends who had taken a certain kind of illegal ESP-enhancing drug. And when he talked about his circle of friends, your name popped up. Now, I don’t want you to misunderstand. Koizumi-kun didn’t really mention your name as being directly involved with this issue...”

“... But it did get me wondering about the circumstances girl who had such an uncanny and persistent ability to match those higher ranked than her and who suddenly seemed to arbitrarily vanish from the spotlight.”

“So, Sakura-san. Would you mind telling me everything that you know about Stigmata?”

Hanaoka Hana
    12:12 PM
    Cafeteria

It takes a while for me to realize what exactly Akari’s implying. When I do, I can feel my cheeks flushing with red, embarrassed at the subject matter that this conversation has turned to.

“H-haa!?”

I let out a voice in disbelief.

“T-that’s…” Struggling to find the words, my mouth flaps around wordlessly for a while, before settling on something intelligible. “Fooling around like that… just what do they think this institution is for?”

Having voiced my complaints, I’m all too eager to drop the subject and focus on work. It really shouldn’t be my business what people get up to behind closed doors, even if it's impure and indecent and improper...

“Anyways, afterschool sounds fine with me.”

As I say it, it comes to me that our case seems practically solved. Reasons aside, we’ve probably found our truant student, without even doing much work.

“Thanks, Akari, for the info. It’s nice to have a lead so early.”

Excellion Entramallis
    7:07 AMThe Streets of Akashi

Briefly admiring the star that he had made Excelion appears mildly surprised by the return of the flying kendo star.

Drawing himself up he prepares to meet the charge before a look of realization crosses his face.
    Disappointment colors his tone as he speaks.

"Is this it? If this is it then just fall on your own."

Saying so he spins on his heel and just walks away from the kendo's impact point.
    Motes of light drifting from his coat as he lets its charge dissipate naturally.
    Collection of cherished moments
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    I'LL KILL YOU PLUE
    <Zagrin> I'll kill ya Plue

Blog Entries
    Kimura Shia
    7:15 AM (Morning, 1-1)
    The Student Council Room/“The War Room”

“Could you stay for a little bit longer, Kimura-chan?”

Though the daily Student Council meeting had wrapped up, your ever diligent Student Council President and the Secretary had stayed behind. Though, Miyamura Monika was probably just wrapping up the meeting notes as you speak. Amagase Kyrie, on the other hand, was looking at you so intently that it was just implicit that she had asked you not a question, but a command. Her normally sharp features seemed to be even more intense, where disobedience almost felt like it meant death. It was a look far more suited to the monster in charge of the Dragon’s Alliance.

“I’ve a favor to ask,” she says, calmly sipping her mug of hot chocolate as if it were coffee. It’s an action that adds a professional feel to her image, but you can see the Student Council Secretary roll her eyes in the corner of your vision. “Do you mind delivering a message to Amami-san?”

There was no doubt as to who that Amami was—Nao had left her mark on the Student Council, no doubt for the worse. Amagase suddenly slides an envelope in your direction, the implications all too clear. Most certainly do not look, and get it done, whatever the means possible.

“Sorry to bother you,” your president says apologetically, being sincere despite your inability to negotiate. “You two are done for the day, I’ll deal with the rest myself before class starts. Haven't you been done with the minutes for a while, Monika-chan?”

“No, there was something from earlier I had to add. Tsubaki told me what she was going to do in advance. You can check it for yourself.” Satisfied with her answer, Amagase Kyrie nodded and gently shooed both of you out of the room, leaving you two some time alone in the scant few minutes before classes would start.

It’s then, when the door to the Student Council room shuts closed, that the secretary makes her move. Quickly cutting off your path in an almost jerky fashion, as if the movement was not quite right, she gives you a pitying look.

“Look. It’s not right of her to use other members of the Student Council for her personal drama, so… How about you just give me the letter and I’ll take care of it? You might have the cleanest reputation of them all, but there’s no way that’ll stay intact if people found out you talked to Amami-senpai.” She gives you a soft smile, like a teacher gently lecturing their student before they make a mistake. Still, as Miyamura extends her hand, you can’t help but feel that she, too, is being a bit forceful about this.

“It’s easier if I do it for you, and nobody will know better, alright?”

Komeji Kokonoe
    7:30 AM (Morning, 1-1)
    The Streets of Akashi

You’re lost.

It’s your first year at Akashi, after all, and the place is simply huge! How could you not end up lost every once in a while? You were supposed to be going to class, but it seems that’s no longer possible. This was definitely going to be on your record, now that you thought about it. Not that you had much of one, but people seemed to have a hit-or-miss reaction whenever they met you. After all, when confronted with the unknown…

People only ever had curiosity or fear.

Still, though, you didn’t mind at all. Getting lost meant that you could run into things, and running into new things meant you could run into new people, and who didn’t like meeting new people?

Wandering aimlessly through a myriad of shops, the roads much less busy now that the majority of students were well situated in their classes, you decided—

“Oi, Komeji-chan! O’er here!”

That voice came from the one and only Yashiro Karen, Vice-President of the Digital Media Club. Though, that wasn’t quite correct. While she effectively was the vice-president, her grades and potential were considered to be so subpar she couldn’t even attend Akashi proper, despite unfailingly showing up to every club meeting only twenty minutes late. Thus, she was vice-president in all but name. Essentially, her only outstanding trait was her passion, which, admittedly, did take her that far…

Though, it’s not really a surprise that a girl who claimed “All-night gaming before exam day is the perfect time!” would end up in your circle of contacts. The person accompanying her, on the other hand, was someone you’d never seen before.

Dressed in a rather dull-looking black hoodie and holding a cup of coffee, the man gave a polite smile and a wave.

“I’ve got to get the latest 4GO expansion on release, ya know? And Ichirou-kun here decided to come along with, and then I saw ya all lost like a pupper and I thought ‘Why don’tcha ya come along with us too’ and here we are.” The words come out of her mouth at a torrential pace, and were it not for continuous exposure you doubt you could have made sense of any of it. Her companion seems quite used to it as well, unfazed by the energetic commotion next to him.

“That’s how it went, yes.” He takes a sip of his coffee. “Tendou Ichirou. It’s lovely to meet you in person, Komeji-san.”

He gives a theatrical bow, and Karen lightly punches him in the shoulder. Despite the sudden impact, the cup of coffee in his hands does not move an inch. Truly, he is a professional at appearing majestic.

“Don’t fall for that stuff!” she says indignantly, puffing her cheeks in a pout. “Anyway, wanna hang out? We could do all that stuff ya mentioned the other day!”

Kaminashi Kisaki
    6:30 AM (Morning, 1-1)
    The Void Shrine

The Void Shrine.

It wasn’t always yours. The admiration of Saints in Akashi had often bordered on cult-like, droves of people fawning over individuals they could never hope to match. An interest in religion, despite the increasingly secular focus of the nation and the school, fostered in a place where all people wanted to do was believe. This shrine in particular was born from those wishes, and when the previous Saint of a shrine maiden left, a place that once passed around good luck charms that encapsulated hopes and dreams soon became abandoned. Even the rather traditionalist Ryuusei Kaguya found somewhere else to partake in beliefs of old, leaving this ripe for the taking.

Whatever lead to the shrine’s internal, almost labyrinthine design was a mystery for all, but even so, there were the quaint few hopeful, brimming with desperation, asking for your services. And as of this morning, a certain young woman was being escorted by Karisome Rei, someone whose loyalty to you was almost unbreakable. As you were her tether to reality, she would gladly provide her services in kind.

Including, of course, escorting the unruly through the carefully refined, darkened maze. Even if it was a bit after dawn, the inside of the shrine was still dark and eerie, as if it were haunted. Though, that was not too far off of a description, considering the inhabitants.

As for the escortee, she was ranked six-hundred and forty-three. Shunsei Akiko was certainly above average, remarkable considering the scale of her number in contrast to the many that attended Akashi and its subschools, but what constituted as genius was a number so narrow it was out of her reach. In short, like many others who saw you, Shunsei was of a rank where your services provided a prosperous sort of hope—enough to touch the fabled heights of the Brilliance ranking. Compared to those who wished to merely climb out of rotten circumstances, her appearance here was born of pure ambition alongside equal despair.

After all, there is no confident individual who appears before you, despite their looks.

When Rei brings Shunsei before you, she looks every bit the part of the average rebel. A Dragon’s Alliance member? Still, from the way she bites her lip upon seeing you, you know that any bark will have little bite, and that there is no real danger of an altercation. Rei practically vanishes from the scene, leaving the other girl a bit startled, but most importantly, it means there is only one person to bring her focus upon now.

You.

“They say you make Espers stronger,” Shunsei says, her words like the growl of a predator put into a corner. “That true?”
    Last edited by Katie; April 19th, 2018 at 06:23 PM.

Blog Entries
    Hanaoka Hana
    3:13 PM (Afternoon, 1-3)
    Akashi Educational Institute - Classroom 2-C

Terashima Kousuke isn’t surprised when you corner him in his classroom of 2-C, afternoon sun gently pouring through the windows. He doesn’t even move from his desk, only giving you a rather disinterested glance. You can see his handwriting, clean and immaculate, like a member of the Disciplinary Committee’s, actually, strewn about on various sheets of paper. Review notes for Kitamura Kaede, you quickly realize.

“If you’re looking for a rematch, Mishiro-chan, I’m sure Kaede can break more than both of your arms this time around.” His gaze is fixed on his phone when you approach. There’s something about the casual manner in which he says it that rubs you the wrong way, like he knows Akari is outmatched. More than such a statement would normally rub you the wrong way.

“How about I—” Akari cuts herself off, folding her arms. The very air around you seems to feel heavier as her obvious rage simmers in the room. Still, though, she manages to keep herself in check. A lip that quivers just a bit with rage and a glare that made the normally soft girl look menacing force themselves through nevertheless. “Would you please tell us where Kitamura-san is?”

The disappearance of Fumizuki Minami goes unmentioned. The less people who knew, Akari discussed, the better it would be. For a Saint to vanish… the public would be easily put at unease.

“Hanaoka.” Terashima cocks his head towards you, as if ignoring the girl right next to you. “Let me go, and I guarantee everything will be fine. Or, really, we can have a polite discussion where we both agree to trade for what we want. I sell out my girlfriend and you people owe me something comparable. Fair?”

Minase Mizuru
    6:54 AM (Morning, 1-1)
    ???

“I knew you would say yes,” Amami Nao says with a grin, clapping her hands. Her earnest happiness almost invokes a similar response in your heart. “Predictable people like you are my favorites.”

You suppose it takes a certain kind of woman to say something that blunt out loud. Then again, the charm of Amami Nao is her propensity to say outlandish statements with an utterly straight face. In a way, that sort of idiotic shamelessness was something to envy in its own right. After all, to be able to do such things meant you truly weren’t worried about retaliation or judgment, a sense of confidence few people truly had. More correctly, a sense of arrogance nobody else had.

“Really, I don’t think there’s a girl who wouldn’t want to be spoiled by a lapdog like you,” she says, taking a sip from her glass. “Say, do you have anyone currently in your interests? You’re always refusing to comment on what kind of maid you prefer…”

She puts a finger to her chin deep in thought, before a familiar, scary shine in her eyes takes root.

“Oh, was the problem you’re not interested in maids? Mizuru-kun, don’t hesitate to tell me anything you’d like in a girlfriend. I’m sure I could find someone who matches your preferences!” High on this sudden moment of clarity, your boss simply laughs in delight.

Kimura Shia

Quote Originally Posted by Amagase Kyrie
    “Could you stay for a little bit longer, Kimura-chan?”
    It was not a request.

While her tone was amicable enough, the moment Shia stopped packing her things to look at the Student Council President was enough to make her flinch; she had never seen Amagase Kyrie with an expression so fierce and sharp befitting more of someone in charge of Dragon's Alliance than the Student Council President, and it was immediately clear that this is an order - something that she couldn't refuse.

Still, why did Kyrie need to make it clear that she couldn't refuse? Even among the members of the Student Council, Shia had always been among the most obedient - as long as it doesn't break any rules and she could actually do it, she'd usually accept personal favors and the like without hesitation, especially from fellow Student Council members.

Which is why this situation is rather puzzling.

But then-

Quote Originally Posted by Amagase Kyrie
    "I've a favor to ask. Do you mind delivering a message to Amami-san?"
    It became clear why this is an order.

She knew who that is, of course - the second in command of the Dragon's Alliance, the head of Maze of Lilies, and the fifth-ranked esper in Akashi. Apparently she was also a member of the Student Council in the past, and if Kyrie's demeanor showed anything, it was clear that there was some sort of history between the two.

Whatever the case, she quietly took the envelope and carefully held it in her hands before being gently shooed out of "The War Room" alongside the red-headed Secretary. Even after she was outside, though, she still contemplatively looked at the envelope in her hands, studying it as her mind wonders what kind of message is written within.

Just what had she gotten herself into...?

She would likely contemplate further if the secretary didn't make her move.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyamura Monika
    “Look. It’s not right of her to use other members of the Student Council for her personal drama, so… How about you just give me the letter and I’ll take care of it? You might have the cleanest reputation of them all, but there’s no way that’ll stay intact if people found out you talked to Amami-senpai.”
    Looking at the soft smile and pitying look, Shia would normally trust Monika; she was older, more experienced, and everything that she said make sense. Shia personally agreed that the president shouldn't use other members of the council for personal drama, and she also knew that her reputation is at a risk by doing this favor. She wanted so badly to hand the letter over, and escape the situation she doesn't fully understand.

However, looking at Monika's extended hand...

She couldn't help but felt like there is something wrong about it. Like she is just being a bit more forceful than a senpai looking after their kouhai.

“It’s easier if I do it for you, and nobody will know better, alright?”
    That uncertain feeling became certain after the redhead said that line, and Shia knew what she must do.

To others at Akashi, Kimura Shia was known as the Perfect Student: with a spotless reputation, perfect attendance record, high grades in all subjects, and her placement as one of the Forty Saints, it was only natural for her to be thought that way; it only became more pronounced after she was recruited to the Student Council and advertised as a model student for everyone, seemingly more like a machine than a human.

But the reason why she had such a reputation in the first place was because Shia is, deep down, a rather simple, honest and innocent girl. Someone who joined the Student Council not only because it will help her in the future, but also because she genuinely think that being a part of "The Twelve Heavenly Generals" is an amazing prospect, or how she always arrived early during morning meetings despite her wish on the contrary because the room is called "The War Room," and she treats it as a war meeting.

And most of all, she took pride in being known as someone trustworthy.

If she betrayed someone's trust just because nobody will know any better, then she is not trustworthy at all, undeserving of her reputation as the Perfect Student; After all, a lie begets another lie, and no matter how smart one hides a skeleton in their closet, it will eventually be found. If she do this risky favor with an ulterior motive or betrayed Kyrie's trust, even when nobody knows any better, then she believed that sooner or latter she'd eventually be found out and fall.

Besides, there must be a reason why Kyrie chose her out of all the members of the Student Council - which includes Monika - and Shia wanted to believe that it's because she's trustworthy.

That is why she shook her head at Monika's suggestion.

"Thank you for worrying about me, Miyamura-senpai." She said before giving a small smile. "But it's alright. I am the one being burdened by kaicho's favor, so there is no need to do it in my stead; I shall meet Amami-senpai myself."

There is definitely a risk. Her reputation might take a hit if she is seen (and she most likely will be seen) - especially because rumors are bound to spread when that happened - not to mention she hasn't really think of an excuse if she is to be asked, because she certainly can't say that the Student Council President used her as a courier for her message to the Dragon Alliance's second-in-command.

Perhaps she can say that she is curious...? She had never met Amami Nao in person after all, and maybe the girl is actually much better than the rumors and her reputation seemed to indicate.

But as long as she is being honest, Kimura Shia believed that everything will be alright; as a firm believer in the golden rule, she believed that she shall not be wronged if she doesn't wrong others in the first place, and perhaps it is time to practice what she preached to The Angelic Hosts. If people doubts her afterwards, then she just needs to prove that she is the same trustworthy first year that many people admired.

Perhaps she is being naive in handling the situation.

More importantly, however, is that she doesn't betray her own trust in herself.
    Last edited by palad1n; April 19th, 2018 at 09:10 PM.
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

Hanaoka Hana
    3:13 PM (Afternoon, 1-3)

My impression of this man is… somewhat low.

The restraint that she shows in dealing with this guy is admirable. But it’s evidently a little wasted, and I don’t see the point in emulating it.

“I’m sure you very well realize there’s no way we could just walk away from this case with just that. As for your proposal…”

It’s not a bad idea-

“There’s no need for a trade. The disciplinary committee exists to keep order at this school, and naturally handling student unrest is one of those duties. If there is something you need, then the committee will be more than happy to help,” I add, with emphasis to make it clear that this point isn’t up for negotiation. “as long as it doesn’t involve breaking any rules.”

-But his attitude rubs me the wrong way.

And considering how he doesn’t seem to want any trouble, there’s no need to simply accept his terms as is. If negotiations are necessary, then it’s important to make clear who is in the superior position. And that would be us, the disciplinary committee.

Although honestly, the difference in persistence should be enough to make it clear what his best option is.

“So, where is she? It’s not like we’re out to get your girlfriend in trouble. She’ll be back here eventually either way, so unless she’s doing something illegal right now I don’t see the point in this.”

Blog Entries
    Hanaoka Hana
    3:14 PM (Afternoon, 1-3)

Terashima looks at you with a wry smile. Even with the subtle bite in your words, he doesn’t look too worried. In fact, it’s quite the opposite. Akari’s waning patience was taking a lot of damage, yet he showed no sign of backtracking and surrendering. Figures, that someone related to the Alliance would be downright obstinate to the point of no return.

“Hm? Did I imply that?” The pause after this is one of the most deliberately offensive breaks in conversation you’d ever experienced. “Well, you’re the one that said it. I just told you my price for betrayal.”

“If I told you that I don’t know where she is and I’m just compiling notes for when she does inevitably return to class, who knows when that is, would you believe it?” Akari facepalmed in disbelief. Of course not.

“If she really hasn’t done anything wrong, you should stop wasting all of our time…” Mishiro Akari, in the short time that you knew her, was not a particularly vindictive person. Someone who consumed that much Disney memorabilia undoubtedly had an equally idealistic perception on the world. On the other hand, this was probably not something Terashima knew, so if he assumed the worst you wouldn’t be given accurate information.

“...She’s taking care of her cousin right now.” In your view, the reply he gave was neither too frail nor too rigid. It was an unsettling balance between the two. “She’s been ill for quite a while now, so Kaede’s gone to help, using her status as a Saint as leverage to get so many days off.”

“That settle things?”

But even though those words had a firm quality in them, you were undoubtedly certain that the would not hold up to more strenuous inspection.

Kimura Shia

Miyamura Monika sighs, putting her right hand on her hip. Despite your determined words, she still looks rather uncertain, but about what, you could hardly guess. Still, as she purses her lips in thought, you can’t help but expect some form of resistance from your senpai. From your short time at Akashi proper, you knew that she was definitely the meddlesome sort—the kind of person who gave advice and tried their best to make sure people took it to heart.

“At least take me along,” Miyamura-senpai says, her voice even, yet betraying the slightest hint of worry. “It’s much easier to justify it as Student Council business when there are two members involved and it isn’t as if Kyrie-senpai said you had to do it by yourself.”

Her argument is succinct and well-grounded, befitting the Student Council Secretary. Still, while the points are compelling, it’s all too apparent she doesn’t feel like it’s quite enough to seal the deal. Perhaps it was a flaw of the Student Council in general, but it was said that they were all too generous for their own good.

“Though, it’s only fair for me to stop meddling when you think it’s too much. Is that fine with you?” Your Student Council Secretary places the offer on the table with a warm smile.

Matsuoka Mark
    7:01 AM (Morning, 1-1)
    Class 2-S

“Too much fun, huh?” Juliet Kensington nods affirmatively. It seems that what you just said has sparked something inside of her, because the carefree grin she gives is the exact opposite of the apprehensive expression she had outside the classroom door. “Avalon was really serious, so it’s nice to know that I can relax every once in awhile.”

At the same time, you can feel her enthusiasm dampen a bit. While it isn't quite the case that you’ve said anything truly indicative of the school atmosphere, you’ve had enough personal experience to discern her type. She was simply the type of person who couldn’t be content if she wasn’t being pressured. If this were an ordinary school, you could easily envision her as one of the many overachievers that topped their exam scores.

“Still, there’s just something exciting about having your back to the wall…” At the same time, it seems the change in scenery hasn’t changed her passion at all.

The ensuing small-talk isn’t much, considering you and your sister had to carry most of it. Shun was too guarded and Yurina was not good with sudden changes in her routine. It was hard to fault them, though, especially since it was evident to everyone that the newcomer was a hawk in a nest of doves.

As a result, you’re not too surprised at Sensei’s sigh of lament when she walks into the room and sees Kensington right next to you. It wasn’t as if she thought you were a bad influence—quite the opposite. It was the girl clearly digging at one of the strongest people in the room.

“I suppose that seat will work,” Kanzaki Erika says as she drags Kensington towards the front of the room, her voice even. It seemed that any disagreements she had would remain hidden. “Anyway, class is starting, I have someone who would like to introduce themselves.”

“I’m Juliet Kensington. I’m an exchange student from Avalon Academy.” There was a brief pause, as if she didn’t know where to go from there. You could see Kanzaki-sensei’s eyes widen a bit, as if she predicted what was to come, but nobody was paying attention to her. The mere mention of Avalon, one of the most significant schools to come from the mess that was the European Union, was enough to get your fellow classmates a bit worked up.

“I was formerly the Fifteenth Knight there, but now I’m the Twenty-Fifth Saint. I hope you all treat me well.” With that, she quickly and eagerly takes the seat she had claimed earlier, but chaos had already erupted. Someone immediately transferring it and becoming a Saint? Absolutely crazy.

As a result, homeroom, which was already a bit lax, became a loud mess that had to be quickly and abruptly restrained. During all of this, Shun only gave you a look that screamed “be careful.” After all, as the Twenty-Fourth Saint, you were next on the chopping block for this transfer’s rise to glory.

3:02 PM (Afternoon, 1-3)
    Class 2-S

It’s later that afternoon, after school, when Kanzaki-sensei comes by, asking for you. If there were any defining traits of your homeroom teacher, it was that she was young and she tried her best to make sure you all learned something at your own pace. After all, four years ago, she and the other Kanzaki-sensei, her older sister, were both not just students, but Saints at this very school. In short, if there was any member of the faculty who could truly understand the students who attended Akashi’s titular high school, it was those two. Though, in contrast to the older one, this Kanzaki-sensei definitely lacked a threatening sense of authority. It was for this reason most had assumed she ended up teaching your class in particular, which was rather relaxed comparison to the other classes.

“Do you mind showing Kensington-san around? I know her intentions are…” She doesn’t bother finishing the sentence. Both of you understand what she’s aiming for and the drive behind it.

“But I trust that you can keep her in check?” In other words, all you had to do was make sure that her actions didn’t damage the classroom atmosphere too much. You were aware that certain classrooms, such as 3-S, which contained the majority of the third-year Saints, were rife with extreme tension. While those in that classroom were diligent enough to get work done regardless, such an environment would no doubt kill the productivity of any other classroom. That was the the kind of situation your teacher evidently could not handle, so she was relying on you to avoid it altogether.

It was almost unheard of for a teacher to rely on someone from the Dragon’s Alliance, but you and the nature of your gang made that prospect a bit more reasonable. If the Azure Sparks did the incorrect thing to ensure the right thing happened, it was just easier to give them the avenue of doing the correct thing altogether.

Nakiri Jun
    7:56 AM (Morning, 1-1)
    The Hoshizora Midori Appreciation Club!

The sign on outside of the building was self-explanatory. “Hoshizora Midori Appreciation Club.” You were quite aware that most of the Saints had quite extravagant fanclubs, but this struck you as being a bit more excessive than the typical fare. Located in the middle of Akashi’s Emerald District, this building, just a bit taller than the rest, had little glass and more wall than anything else.

Posters took the place of where windows would be—namely of the girl right next to you, who looked like she could have a heart attack if someone were to scare her right now. Her breath slowly evens out (some sort of breathing exercise, likely) and sticks her hands in the pockets of her faded jeans. She’s managed to steel herself, managing an almost convincing, stern expression, but the contrast from before and after stops the image from truly settling in. Still, though, this is the Midori that casually opens the door with a practiced motion and strolls in like she isn’t about to completely fall apart.

The chatter in the room comes to a complete halt when she steps inside. People at tables turn to her attentively—for it was not often that she graced them with her presence—and you can immediately feel her start to crumble under the pressure. Every person here was a Platinum Star, forged from the confines of poverty, idolizing the woman who was once one of them, nameless yet with hidden talent. A beacon of hope who still doted on her former peers.

Then they looked at you, the man who had stopped her meteoric rise, impenetrable fortress unable to withstand the raging hurricane, and what was once a pleasant atmosphere quickly grew to have an unpleasant undertone.

“He’s, um, with me.” Midori’s voice shatters the silence, and she looks around, ponytail swishing a bit frantically. “Kizaki-kun!”

The man that arises from the makeshift mini-crowd is a Dog through and through. You make eye contact with him briefly and while all the attention is on Midori he flashes you a thumbs-up. Just what is running through his mind?

Midori leads the three of you to a room, or more correctly, she creates a room of her own, walled off from the rest of the world. Air, you quickly realize, has trouble moving in or out. A rather demanding snap of her fingers signals Kizaki to start talking.

“It’s not that much a secret, but Akashi has fairly lucrative money matches. Usually you’d gamble over the results of ranking matches, but some cocky bastards think they want something more… intense.” Kizaki says, checking his phone. He looks a bit bored reciting this, even. “So they get themselves directly involved.”

“That’s the problem though. To get to the place where the Kitamura-lookalike is, you gotta fight your way in, prove yourself. Typical hazing tactic. And you two… If you came marching in, there’d be a real panic, I’d think.”

“It’s really something that barbaric?” While her words say one thing, Midori’s dull tone says another. It’s not that’s she’s appalled by how cruel it is, but rather, she’s annoyed at how it’s equally inconvenient. Considering the reputation of her group, she’s probably seen scams of all sorts of natures. “Still, if that’s the case…”

Ah. She’s seriously considering causing a ruckus. Though, before she says anything else, she turns to you expectantly.

“Your opinion, Nakiri-senpai?”

Kizaki looks at you in disbelief. It probably wasn’t everyday where the headstrong Untouchable Exile bothered to listen to anyone else’s opinion.

Kimura Shia

"At least take me with you. It’s much easier to justify it as Student Council business when there are two members involved and it isn’t as if Kyrie-senpai said you had to do it by yourself.”
    Oh.

She honestly hadn't think of that.

It's true that it would be much more believable if there are two student council members instead of just one, and Kyrie didn't say that she must do it alone; besides, coming with someone much more experienced than her would make her feel safer and more confident in entering the proverbial dragon's lair.

It might be a loophole from what Kyrie said, but Shia doesn't really see anything wrong with this arrangement; one could even say that it is the perfect compromise. As expected of the student council's secretary-!

“Though, it’s only fair for me to stop meddling when you think it’s too much. Is that fine with you?”
    Monika is too kind.

Really, everyone in the student council is so nice she's glad that she became a part of it.

"Not at all. In fact, I think senpai's suggestion is wonderful " She shook her head before giving a light smile. "I will be in senpai's care after school then. Please bear with me." She bowed deeply before carefully tucking the envelope inside her dress.

She should start going to class if that's all; it's only natural for her to be early after all.
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.