Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final Magic: Infinite Reflections

Final Magic: Infinite Reflections

Final Magic: Infinite Reflections

There is a legend in this world, a being of unimaginable power, a person who wields unstoppable magic, the undeniably strongest in the world as well as it's indisputable ruler...

That is to say, you.

However, who's to say there's only one world?

Being the immensely powerful being you are, one day you eventually discovered what others in the multiverse have termed 'the Second Magic'. Crossing dimensions, you also occasionally meet other people who are just like you; (i.e. extremely powerful, ruling their world, jumping dimensions).

Well, well, well, there's only one thing you can do, right?

This just won't do, there's no way you can just leave things the way they are. Ally with those similar ideals as you, and crush all who oppose you, and conquer all the multiverse!

Anyway, that's enough with the background and let's get down to business.

You are an overlord/planeswalker/whatever you want to call yourself (being the godly level person you are, the people of your world are hardly going to disagree, right?).

There are 5 'colors' you can be aligned to. White, Red, Blue, Green, Black. Each color specialize in different things. Players of the same color automatically start allied to one another and neutral with everyone else.

Eh, that's enough of a general gist of it, I'll be getting into specifics later. Any questions or thoughts or ideas for now? (still in the brainstorming phase, technically)
    <Satehi> I, satehi, thought of tentacles first for entirely inappropriate, disgusting, lewd and perverted reasons

Honk

Blog Entries
    It's a Magic RP?
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

It does use some elements from Magic, like the color alignment system.
    <Satehi> I, satehi, thought of tentacles first for entirely inappropriate, disgusting, lewd and perverted reasons

Honk

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blackdeath6031's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    RAEG MTG RP AND IM SIGNING UP FOR MY 4TH ONE ALREADY D:

WHAT SHOULD I DO? WHAT SHOULD I DO? WHAT SHOULD I DO? WHAT SHOULD I DO? WHAT SHOULD I DO? WHAT SHOULD I DO? WHAT SHOULD I DO? D:

EDIT: *cough*
    I'll probably join this one too.

Dunno if I'll play white as I usually do in magic though xD

Are multi-colors allowed?

Well, yes and no.

Everybody starts out mono-color, but it's possible to gain access to multi-color spells and creature summons by either
    A. forming a trade agreement with a player of another color where they send you some mana of their color in exchange for something.
    or.
    B. Conquering a world which belonged to a player of another color will then produce that color for you.

These are methods just off the top of my head, may be more or may not be.

Honk

Fuck yes, Magic the Gathering. Sign me up for this bitch

...is what I want to say, but sadly I've learned from prior experience I suck at RPing.

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Alright, sweet.

I'll keep checking up on this then.

Quote Originally Posted by TypeWannabe View Post
    Fuck yes, Magic the Gathering. Sign me up for this bitch

...is what I want to say, but sadly I've learned from prior experience I suck at RPing.
    Go Teferi hax like he did in the Time Spiral novel xD
    Not like theres anything wrong with it >_> <_<

So you are a Godly being who destroys planets and crushes all who oppose you.

IDK if I can take the OP.

Either way, I'll wait and see this thing develop
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

I'd rather go Nicol Bolas.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Booo >_<
    No 3 colors yet though.

Which makes me thing how planeswalkers like Karn work at the start O_o

Quote Originally Posted by hero View Post
    So you are a Godly being who destroys planets and crushes all who oppose you.

IDK if I can take the OP.

Either way, I'll wait and see this thing develop
    On the other hand, your enemies are also on the same lvl.

In this situation, it's rather similar to Disgaea, I suppose?

It might also be played in 'turns', although with rp events in between.

*Oh, for those, there might be cameo characters.

Well, cameo characters as in you might stumble into their dimensions and have to do battle with them, or maybe talk to them, or whatever.

Might run into the original zeltretch too.

There's a rather lot of different things/ideas/games being mixed up into one thing here, lol

Honk

You got me with you are the godly being/overlord of you world. LOL. Sounds very interesting.

Well, you're essentially the ruler of your planet.

You want to cross dimensions and conquer the planets of your enemies.

*is a extremely simplified down version of it*

Okay, time for some more information!

Essentially, I'm thinking each planet you control produces a certain amount of mana for you per 'turn'.

You're free to let it accumulate (so as to spend on something even bigger next turn maybe), use it to summon creatures to increase your army, maybe forge artifacts, gain abilities, learn spells, ect.

Something like that?

Honk

Blog Entries
    So, planets act as lands that you have to conquer to use?
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ah, so it's basically a "strategy game" of conquest. Each planet we conquer gives us bonuses/mana. The battles themselves are turn-based duels a bit like the MTG game itself?

Something like that.

Only they automatically produce the mana per turn, and you don't suffer mana burn (lol 10th edition or whichever one it was) and you can store to mana to use it whenever!

Ah, so it's basically a "strategy game" of conquest. Each planet we conquer gives us bonuses/mana. The battles themselves are turn-based duels a bit like the MTG game itself?
    Kinda. You can use abilities, but unlike MTG, you also have your own stats for your own character, so if you ever wanted to just walk into the middle of the enemy army of eager cadets and just go crazy, it's possible.

Honk

Oh great, we're all Yawgmoth. The multiverse is going to find that idea attractive.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So its like everyone has a personal Omnath tweaked to the colors they have?
    This is going to be so damn awesome to rp.

Well, while the M.T.G. side seems to be covered, anyone here know alot about disgaea?

Honk

Quote Originally Posted by Tangerang View Post
    Well, while the M.T.G. side seems to be covered, anyone here know alot about disgaea?
    I'm familiar with Disagaea 1 and 2, but I don't know much about M.T.G. If prior-knowledge is gonna be vital to playing this, I'll have to drop out.