Page 119 of 491 FirstFirst ... 1969109114117118119120121124129169219 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,380 of 9818

Thread: Fate/Apocrypha Anime (no spoilers)

Blog Entries
    Most servants were summoned beforehand so it should be more than that at least. Astolfo had several nights of exploring town if i remember correctly so that.

Blog Entries
    Three is several though.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Maybe it's a result of the squished adaptation. Cuz it feels like:

Evening of Day 1: Summoned -> Sunrise of Day 2: Karna fight -> Day 2: Special time with Master -> Evening of Day 2: Illya time
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    You missing out the whole day Mordred and Kairi spend killing homunculus/golems and telling Semi and shirou to catch a fade

Quote Originally Posted by Zenieth View Post
    Did something significantly different happen from the novel?

Played out essentially the same way as I remember all the way through this episode.
    Jeanne wasn't there when Siegfried went poof in the novel
    Last edited by Altaris; July 22nd, 2017 at 03:10 PM.

Blog Entries
    Actually probably closer to 4-5 days

Night 1: Black Servants and Mordred summoned. Servant name reveals, Mordred and Kairi introductions
    Day 2: Black Servant/Master bondings part 1. Kairi goes to church. Berzerker runs out
    Night 2: Mordred and kairi kill a bunch of fodder. Jack's about serial killing folks
    Day 3: Black Servant/Master Bonding pt 2
    Night 3: Karna vs. Siegfried
    Day 4: Sieg breaks out, Everybody learns about Berzerker berzerking
    Night 4: Stuff that happens in this episode.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Jeanne wasn't there when Siegfried when poof in the novel
    Well if they're not separating them, might as well lean into it harder. Least it'd make more fucking sense then.

this probably means Jeanne visiting the black sides castle and talking to Vlad is going to get cut

Blog Entries
    You know, actually make a relationship out of it, instead of Sieg's rather remarkable indifference/Jeanne's unfathomable attraction.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alternative Ice View Post
    this probably means Jeanne visiting the black sides castle and talking to Vlad is going to get cut
    No religious debate?

Blog Entries
    I doubt they'd drop the religious context of Jeanne. it's like 75% of her character. And defines essentially all of her conflicts.

- - - Updated - - -

Now will it be as in depth?

Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    Thats because they totally poured half the budget into his animations. Astolfo is the only character who gets consistently high quality animation, props to A1.
    That's.... not how budget works.

It wouldn't surprise me if this had a similar budget as Ufotable's Fate adaptations. A-1 Pictures, however, is known for cramming in a lot of work each year. They pretty much always do one show per season, and quite often do multiple shows in the same season. For Winter 2017 they had Blue Exorcist and Demi-chan, and in the Spring they were doing Granblue Fantasy, Eromanga-sensei, and Saekano. This season their only show is Fate/Apocrypha, but in the fall they will also be working on Blend S.

This is my main problem with A-1. They are capable of very good art & animation, but usually their shows look mediocre due to the fact that they cram so much work in each year. I guess that's what happens when you are basically Aniplex's in-house studio. Compare that to Ufotable, which does maybe one show per year. When Ufotable tried doing God Eater right after UBW, they ended up with a ton of delays.

Overall I'd say Fate/Apocrypha is so far above-average by A-1's standards, and by anime standards in general. There's a lot of genuine talent working on this anime. It's a shame though that it really can't reach the heights that it potentially could in the hands of a studio that could give it more time.
    Last edited by jaehaerys48; July 22nd, 2017 at 04:06 PM.

A1 is like the less shitty JC Crap these days

Blog Entries
    JC still has great explosion/flame animation to fall back on. They can also do pretty decent action animation.

マリーの味方
    this anime looks amazing tbh best anime i've ever seen

Blog Entries
    Oh, right, their iyashikei stuff is also great.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    off the cuff complaints
    Jeanne didn't go and see Alma and eat a ton
    Jeanne being there when Siegfried gave Sieg his heart and being entrusted with Sieg. Detective Jeanne finding out what happened to Siegfried is like the entire first chapter of vol 2.
    Siegfried not forcing Sieg to swallow the heart. Like seriously.

Short fight was okay. It's meant to be short.
    However, I don't like Siegfried's fighting style. It's supposed to be more tank.
    And Achilles and Siegfried should have just tanked each others hits instead of parrying.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    JP Friend Code
    My understanding is that A-1 has relatively few permanent employees, instead primarily relying on contract workers hired on a per-show basis. Net result is that they have basically zero consistency from show to show, since vastly different staffs are working on them.

Quote Originally Posted by hinode View Post
    My understanding is that A-1 has relatively few permanent employees, instead primarily relying on contract workers hired on a per-show basis. Net result is that they have basically zero consistency from show to show, since vastly different staffs are working on them.
    This is true, they definitely have few permanent employees relative to their very high output. It's pretty normal for animation studios in general to rely heavily on contract workers or even outsourcing bits of episodes or entire episodes to different studios. Kyoto Animation and Ufotable are exceptions in that they like to keep stuff in-house.

I wouldn't say that they have zero consistency, their usually is some consistency when it comes to the staff of their flagship shows.

A-1's iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls anime was kind of infamous for having an episode which had a shit ton of key animators - not because the episode looked good, but because they probably ran behind schedule and compensated by splurging on getting a bunch of animators to work on the project.

If done well, outsourcing isn't really that much of an issue. Episode 17 of A-1's The iDOLM@STER was pretty much entirely produced by a young Studio Trigger, and it was fine. If you start having scheduling issues, though, then I can imagine that coordinating a project with a bunch of contract workers and studios could become quite difficult.

So far I don't think that has happened with F/A, though.
    Last edited by jaehaerys48; July 22nd, 2017 at 04:14 PM.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    JC Staff did Saiki and are giving it a second season. I have no problems with them
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Not a single thing out of this jumbled mess of throwing characters against each other with zero discernible focus or continuity managed to stand out as more than a scene that had to be put on screen however briefly while plot was being fast-forwarded. I'm honestly amazed, there's AMVs with more cohesion than this episode.